Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
Hi everybody, longtime lurker first-time poster here! You all are just so NICE, you have lured me in to joining, and I am SO not a joiner! A wee bit about me: fatgirl whole life long with a few notable, usually crush-motivated big losses along the way which quickly vanished when things went south. Hit an all time high of 250 by 2004, and decided to dump that mess once and for all, triggered by the twin stressors of losing my mom and a rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis. Since then I ever so slowly inched down to 175, mostly low cal, and lowered carbs the last 20 or so. Then I just SAT THERE. For like TWO YEARS. Interrupted only by a christmas cookie-fueled regain of 13 pounds over this past holiday season, sigh. But I make some unbelievably good cookies, it was almost worth it!

I've been playing around with intermittent fasting the last month, but no loss. I think calories have just been too low, at around 12-1300 per day. (I'm 5'3" 52, desultory exercisor---like a half hour walk and the wussy arthritis class at the pool).

And then I stumbled onto JUDDD, somewhere in my unceasing internet research to find a way to outwit my fiendishly adaptive metabolism. So I've just finished 6 days juddding at 500-550 DD and 1800-1880 UD...got on the scale this morning after 3rd DD and literally had to MAKE myself turn my head to look at the number I have such scale PTSD from trying EVERYTHING and nothing working...and I went from 188 to 182.5, DOWN 5.5 POUNDS! In six days!!! The heavens I swear opened, a choir of angels sang, and beams of light filled my bathroom! I know it won't last, but the thrill of finally finding SOMETHING that might work is indescribable...well, you all know how that is, don't you??? Delighted to be here and planning on hoovering up all the nice support on offer and spewing back as much as I can, too!

Awesome first week!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #332

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
WillBe... Great start and I am so pleased that you feel the JUDDD magic already. The lovely peaceful feeling of a DD. I love it.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
Hi everyone & to the new JUDDers

divinemsm54: That was me 3 weeks ago.. reformed lurker now..wowwow on your first week losses
g3rmanchik: I spent a couple of weeks reading up on posts & the positivity encourage me to jump on board
Monkeypenny: welcome back

Its always great to read about the losses, Its amazing how quickly you can settle in on this WOE. I'm still doing induction levels 500/2100.. its pretty close to the numbers on the calc anyway & apart from 1 or 2 DD hunger pangs its not been too bad. UDs I seem to level out around 1700, but its nice to know the cushion is there for special occasions or that irresistible treat.

Glad to see the back of week 3, was laid up with a chest infection & only lost 1/2 lb..panicked but got some nice reassurance on here. Today is my official weigh in day, I'm down to 280.6 & very happy with the 7lbs loss so far.

Starting week 4 & hoping to get into the 270's which means I'll be under 20stones (UK money) for the first time in 20 years.. look out for the cheshire cat grin all week if I achieve & maintain it for the rest of the month.

Have a great Sunday.
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Hi everyone! I've spent the last few days lurking, so I thought I'd join in on the fun! I'm a stay at home mom to my 4 kiddos (ages 5, 3, and 1 year old twins!) and have had weight issues my entire life. I've been eating very low carb, so I'm a bit scared of adding them back in, but hopefully I can make this successful for me. I'm also apprehensive of eating my 2200 calories as the calculator indicates. If I don't eat all the calories, will I still lose? Right now I average 1500-1700 on Atkins and I'm never hungry. I just want the weight gone for good! I look forward to making the transition from Atkins to JUDDD!!
SavLexiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
grannypants
The advice that is given to us on this board as "newbies" is priceless. Worth its weight in gold.
Thanks Juddd advisors.

mere I am new popping in too Great ppl here!

Erika Ty for the welcome.

crazy cat I do better without the carbs...Wishing you luck with yours.
I am the opposite When I eat carbs I binge.
Hang in there w/your two wks you can do it!!!!

cactusroses Love those sf fudgsicles your talking about

willbeskinnymom WTG day five!! (DD)
1.6down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I just saw Dawn's ne avatar, wow! Looking lovely and so slim.
Yes she is!!!!

DeeoneTy for the welcome I am a new one in the thread posting.
Induction levels here too7lb loss

vavleximomJump on in!

In case I missed anyone I am happy to see the losses and the perky post's, just love this thread. Hope you have a good Sunday!

UD 1926 DD 400
Hiking 3miles, Short walk 1mile. 5x a wk
Clean eating WOE/JUDDD
Focus - Focus - You Can Do It!
Fit Day Food!
juddinminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260-181.4-/-170-5'5/51
WOE: Real food~calorie counting
SavLexiMom.. to the best support group you can possibly find on the net. Like you I was a lurker, stalking these wonderful ladies for weeks and weeks until I finally decided to give JUDDD a shot, and boy am I glad I did! Not only will you get lots and lots of support, but you also get to eat, REAL FOOD!
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #337
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: minndream
Stats: 277/270.5/172
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2012
So day 1 as JUDDD

Hi all,

My name is Regina and I am a carboholic <g>. Seriously, I am addicted to white sugars and white flour and once I get started I can't stop. I've been low carbing for about 3 weeks and started reading about other diet plans and I am wondering if this WOE will work for me. I would like to add in whole wheat bread and fruits back into my diet so I am thinking on my up days I can do that. I am naturally losing my appetite for about a week so as long as I don't go nuts with carbs on up days, I should have no problem with the down days.

I am starting today and it happens to be a down day and I had a 3 or 4 oz ham steak for dinner and a can of green beans and that is it. So far so good for a down day.

I'd like to keep this somewhat low carb but maybe not as strict as Atkins. I'll give this a few weeks and see what happens

Regina~
minndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Questions about SIRT enzyme

Hi Everyone! I've googled sirt enzyme and come up with some articles, also searched on LCF site. I'm just wondering what your experience has been? Going to library to tomorrow to pick up the book. How long does it take to kick in? what are the benefits to you? any advice?
Thanks Holly
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Keirasmom ;0)

Love the new picture~
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Hi Regina,

Tomorrow will be my 7th day- a DD so I will wait to weight till tuesday and am hoping I have done well but really have no idea. I do know that my DDs have not been quite low enough and the UDs not quite high enough but I am told JUDDDing is very forgiving... we'll all know tuesday. I figure the first week is a throw a way anyhow. SO FAR I LOVE IT! I am in it till Sept. and praying I can get the number of calories more in line as this is the best I have ever felt on a weight loss program.
Welcome.
Elaine

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #341
Junior LCF Member

Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Mermaid View Post
Tomorrow will be my 7th day- a DD so I will wait to weight till tuesday and am hoping I have done well but really have no idea. I do know that my DDs have not been quite low enough and the UDs not quite high enough but I am told JUDDDing is very forgiving... we'll all know tuesday. I figure the first week is a throw a way anyhow. SO FAR I LOVE IT! I am in it till Sept. and praying I can get the number of calories more in line as this is the best I have ever felt on a weight loss program.
Welcome.
Elaine
Good luck on the weigh in. I am going to try hard and stay off the scale for the entire week. I'll weigh next Sunday in the AM and see how I do. I do know I want to lose this weight this time and keep it off in the worst way. 50 is right around the corner and I want to be at a decent weight before that happens
Old 07-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by minndream View Post
Hi all,

My name is Regina and I am a carboholic <g>. Seriously, I am addicted to white sugars and white flour and once I get started I can't stop. I've been low carbing for about 3 weeks and started reading about other diet plans and I am wondering if this WOE will work for me. I would like to add in whole wheat bread and fruits back into my diet so I am thinking on my up days I can do that. I am naturally losing my appetite for about a week so as long as I don't go nuts with carbs on up days, I should have no problem with the down days.

I am starting today and it happens to be a down day and I had a 3 or 4 oz ham steak for dinner and a can of green beans and that is it. So far so good for a down day.

I'd like to keep this somewhat low carb but maybe not as strict as Atkins. I'll give this a few weeks and see what happens

Regina~
Regina a big to a fellow Carboholic.
I am the same.. had to curb my carbs, but love my wholewheat bread. I cant do atkins levels either so I'm doing moderate carbs <30-50g on DDs <100-150g UDs to keep my sanity.
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WillBeSkinnyMom
Stats: 157/138/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 6/4/12 JUDDD 7/18/12
Help!

Looks like I'm at 650 cal DD...How bad is this??
I was trying to keep to 500 or less. I'm just wondering how many of y'all are able to lose with an occasional 650 DD. Does this totally mess up my little 2 week induction period with the SIRT gene?

Let's just say I was at a pool party for three hours....with hot dogs
WillBeSkinnyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
mine is 388 DD and 1939 UD
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBeSkinnyMom View Post
Looks like I'm at 650 cal DD...How bad is this??
I was trying to keep to 500 or less. I'm just wondering how many of y'all are able to lose with an occasional 650 DD. Does this totally mess up my little 2 week induction period with the SIRT gene?

Let's just say I was at a pool party for three hours....with hot dogs
I wouldn't worry about it, especially just getting used to the DDs. Try for 500 again on Tues. Even at 650 cals, you are still in the weight loss category...30-35% ish.

Best to you and let us know how it is going!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WillBeSkinnyMom
Stats: 157/138/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 6/4/12 JUDDD 7/18/12
Thanks, Cactusrose--I will try again Tuesday
WillBeSkinnyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Don't know how to even start????? Guess its just jump and swim?????? I am scared of the DD.....388 cals is like nothing.....yikes....
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Thanks for the support and welcome messages, everyone!

And a question for the veterans--I know from the like KAJILLION different diets I've tried that the big losses of the first week or two taper off--has that been your experience with JUDDD, too?

Trying to rein in over-inflated expectations so as to avoid the inevitable stop-and-go, scale generated bipolar moodswings...
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Don't know how to even start????? Guess its just jump and swim?????? I am scared of the DD.....388 cals is like nothing.....yikes....
Start with 500 cals and work down if you are not losing. That might make it a bit easier. I'm sure some others will have suggestions, too.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Thank you, KeirasMom!

Trying not to get my hopes TOO too up! Congrats on achieving the magical no longer the "o" word status! That's one "o" I'm hoping to lose the ability to achieve, tee hee....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

Awesome first week!
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning JUDDERS.

I forgot where I am- July posters?
Anyhow, today is 7th day and a DD so I will weigh in tomorrow BUT (no pun- well yeah...pun intended) I slid my BUTT into a pair of shorts that while I could button them before- I know! but they are cute sailor like short shorts and I have no self respect which I consider a "pert" of being an old lady, anyhow again, they went right on with no hopping around with my sucked in till my eyes were popping out and my face was beet red before blue from holding my breath. Yeaaaaaaa! Now, this day as a DD will have plenty of inspiration to hit that 500 mark. I would have passed up these shorts this morning but I went ahead to "try" them and now I will be wearing them all day and not giving up after going to the bathroom a couple of times and taking them off as it is to hard to get them up and down.
I LOVE JUDDD!
BBL I hated counting carbs and missed so many foods that were to be given up forever plus I was a failure.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hi everybody!
Divine, there are different loss patterns here. Some lose less over time. Some lose more as the whole sirt1 thing is activated. My greatest losses were in month two. (Great body changes in the first month, though.)
G3rman, most people don't start with 388. I tried (mine was 316, I think, which meant I could smell but not swallow any food, as far as I was concerned) and failed. The wise ones here said start higher. If 500 is doable, start there. If you lose happily there, stay there! You can lower it slowly later if you want to.
Norfolk, yay for the change in pants! It's hard to believe it when it happens, but it's fantastic, isn't it? I LOVED that part.
Last thing. I hear some of you say, I'll try this for a few weeks. I get that. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping you'll love it enough to stay a lot longer, because LOTS of the benefits of JUDDD show up over time. I've only been at it for 3-4 months, but I'm learning things now that are fabulous.
Welcome, everybody. It's great to have you here.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Kristin, my plan is to see where I am in JUDDDing on Sept. 1, 2012. I have every idea that I will be here forever- for me everything kicked in right away and I do worry about getting my UD numbers up there because there is NO appitite to speak of but I do need to shop as there really is nothing tempting to eat in this house.
bbl
Old 07-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #354
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Hi everybody!
Divine, there are different loss patterns here. Some lose less over time. Some lose more as the whole sirt1 thing is activated. My greatest losses were in month two. (Great body changes in the first month, though.)
G3rman, most people don't start with 388. I tried (mine was 316, I think, which meant I could smell but not swallow any food, as far as I was concerned) and failed. The wise ones here said start higher. If 500 is doable, start there. If you lose happily there, stay there! You can lower it slowly later if you want to.
Norfolk, yay for the change in pants! It's hard to believe it when it happens, but it's fantastic, isn't it? I LOVED that part.
Last thing. I hear some of you say, I'll try this for a few weeks. I get that. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping you'll love it enough to stay a lot longer, because LOTS of the benefits of JUDDD show up over time. I've only been at it for 3-4 months, but I'm learning things now that are fabulous.
Thank you for the encouragement! I just an really scared what carbs to let back in. I thing over time JUDDD is going to be more doable for me since I get bored with LC after a while. I hope JUDDD works for me but time will tell and I always have LC to jump back to, so far it's the only one that works for me.

Good luck all!

Regina~
Old 07-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Regina, I understand your fear of letting carbs back in. Lots of us start with that.

Some wise woman here suggested introducing any scary carbs - the ones you have a tricky history with - one at a time, so thy you can observe their effects. This was helpful for me. Turns out I'm okay with fruit, don't care for much bread or pasta (what a shock!), and am still not okay with concentrated sugar.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Norfolk, so happy to have you along. My experience is that JUDDD proves itself to us so quickly that it becomes easy to stay.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #356
Junior LCF Member

Joy,

I will test it out and see how it goes, I promise to give it enough time to see how my body handles it. I love my fruit (within reason) and I enjoy thin sliced bread with peanut butter on it. I can do without the white sugars and white flours and so not crave them as long as I do not eat them. I would like to try limited potatoes back also but we shall see.

Thank you for the hints and encouragement, I am going to Florida for a week so this will be a good test to see how well I can stick to this.

Regina~
Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #357

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Hi everybody!
Thank you Kristin. You gave all the answers I was contemplating giving.

RE: how long SIRT1 takes to get activated~It's different for each of us. Many people notice it within the first week or two. Some take much longer, as long as 8-9 weeks or even more. It seems when it happens, we all pretty much know it. There's a general feeling of well-being, increased energy, reduction in inflammation, wonderful appetite suppression. The list just goes on and on.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #358

Gallery: toomuchbooty
Checking in, 1 week down...3lbs gone!

So far so good. I don't feel deprived at all. I'm breaking things up in to 20lb mini goals. So only 17lbs left until I reach that first benchmark!
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/148.9/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Ten days in and I have accomplished some great things.

1) Five pounds down!! BIG caveat here- I was coming off of a carb binge, so that is mostly water that needed to come off. However, it feels great and has given me the motivation to really carry on. Back under 150, which is a big mind bend for me.

2) I have journaled every single bite, both up days and down. This makes me feel very in control.

3) I have been so thoroughly enjoying delicious food again! Yogurt, granola, fruit, whole wheat bread... AND losing weight! I love it.

Fitness - If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.
- Cher
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
Happy Monday and hello everyone!

Congrad's to you that are having weight loss!!!
juddinminime is offline   Reply With Quote