Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pookie_13
Stats: 252/188/150 ? Down 5.3 lb on JUDDDD
WOE: SouthBeach, Atkins, Now JUDDD 6-29-12!
Start Date: July 5, 2010
Tips for vacation eating?

Ok, so I am on my very first DD today and a thought just occurred to me. What do you do on vacation? Worse yet - I will be going to a 4-day family reunion where I have no control over the food that's served. I went wheat free in February and was already worried about the 2nd situation... Ideas? I'm not opposed to taking food with me, but my MIL pretty well packs the fridge so there may not be much room. I suppose I'll be taking an arm-load of hard boiled eggs? lol Good times!
pookie_13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
There are as many answers to this as there are JUDDDers. One method, especially if you've been JUDDDing for a while and have an abundance of SIRT-1 in your system, is to go ahead and eat sensibly (or for some, not-so-sensibly ) for the duration of the trip and get back to rotations when you get back. It takes a while for those SIRT-1s to be depleted, so this works fine for short trips when you've been at JUDDDing a while.

Another method is to go ahead and keep your rotations, especially recommended if you're still new to JUDDDing and don't have much SIRT-1 built up. These can be as low as your regular down days or you can choose maintenance level calories to give you a bit more freedom to eat.

Others will switch to another intermittent fasting type eating plan such as Fast-5 or the like, to maintain their current weight and be able to eat more freely. Fast-5 is where you eat only within a 5-hour window of time, say from noon to 5 pm, or something like that.

Others will throw a medium day in there (medium day is an average of the up day and the down day calories). People new to JUDDD are generally advised to avoid medium days unless really necessary, they can slow weight loss and lots of people find them hard. I personally have not done any medium days in my five months of JUDDDing, so I can't offer any info on that.

JUDDD teaches you how to eat, not what to eat, so there's usually no need to bring stuff with us when we go, we can eat regular food. Your wheat-free status might make that harder, but JUDDD makes life pretty simple, even on vacation--eat more one day, less the next. That's it!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I think Luna covered all the bases here.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
The most critical part, I think (and I have done everything Luna described) is, the minute vacay to over, get back on the DD/UD rotation. Reactivate and re-enforce those sirtuin enzymes. Keep moving forward!

Even though you will not start vacation fully saturated with SIRs, they will be there to help you during those four days. And they will positively zoooom when you return.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: 30 day whole food challenge
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Hi,

I was travelling for a few weeks and just tried my best to stick to the rotation, even loosely, and minimizing eating on DD's at times when I wasn't socially obligated to eat. 4 days isn't a long time though so you'd probably be ok if you went off the plan for 4 days and came back, although if you're just starting that might make the adjustment period a bit more difficult for you.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pookie_13
Stats: 252/188/150 ? Down 5.3 lb on JUDDDD
WOE: SouthBeach, Atkins, Now JUDDD 6-29-12!
Start Date: July 5, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm working on my strategy now. We'll be at the family reunion for 4 days, come home for 1 day and then be on vacation for 7 more. whew! Should be interesting! lol Too bad I didn't find JUDDD sooner and maybe I would already have these ~40 pounds off and wouldn't have to worry about it as much!
pookie_13 is offline   Reply With Quote