Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pookie_13
Stats: 252/188/150 ? Down 5.3 lb on JUDDDD
WOE: SouthBeach, Atkins, Now JUDDD 6-29-12!
Start Date: July 5, 2010
Ok, sign me up...but I have a question or two...

Ok, so I have been stalled so long doing low carb that I'm about ready to start hacking off body parts so that the scale actually goes down. I am ready to give the JUDDD WOE a whirl. Here's my story - can you help me answer a couple of questions?

I started out at 252 lbs. almost 2 years ago (actually July 5, 2010 began this journey) and lost about 40 pounds on SouthBeach, moved to low calorie and lost a little (but was ALWAYS hungry), switched to low carb and lost another 25 pounds (putting me at my all time low of 187.) I've moved back up a little (I'm at 193) and have been sitting on this stinkin' plateau for weeks and weeks and weeks. I have been walking/running since the beginning of the year 3-4 times per week (mostly) and usually 5 miles and sometimes 7-8. While I have gone from a Women's size 22-24 down to a 12-14, my physical shape has improved and my weight has improved - I also realize that I am FAR from done!

So I've been tinkering with intermittent fasting this week (not seeing much difference) and looking and looking and found JUDDD and it sounds like something I can do. However, when I look at the website and try to calculate my calorie needs - it is HUGE! I'm 5'8 and 45 years old (female) and even if I say light exercise 1-3 times per week it says my UD is 3589 calories and my DD is 718 calories. Is this right????

Also, is alcohol allowed on UD? I usually have a glass or two of red wine a couple of times per week. I see that the pill he sells has eResverestrol which is evidently a component of red wine. Does it help you lose weight - or do you do JUDDD without it?

Ok, that's my story! I'm looking forward to seeing how this works and seeing all of your positive results! Thanks for reading!
pookie_13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
For the calculator, you have to change the settings to pounds and inches, or you get some way out numbers!

If you're doing 20% WLM, I get 1937 for your UD and 387 for your DD.

And, yes, alcohol is allowed. I think you'll see many of the JUDDDers have alcohol w/ no problems. I'm not a drinker, so I can't attest to its benefits or hindrances.

Last edited by kimberino; 06-29-2012 at 04:17 PM..
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260-181.4-/-170-5'5/51
WOE: Real food~calorie counting
Pookie! I just ran the numbers you gave and I came up with 2204/ 441 for light exercise
Erika1962 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lily
Stats: 221/215/168
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 1 2012
Hi Pookie!

I think you may find that you looked up the calorie allowance for someone weighing 193kg instead of 193lbs. It's very easily done! I get 2204/441 when putting in your stats with light exercise.

I'm still quite new to JUDDDing myself so I'll let others advise on the Resverestrol thing, but yes, you can have alcohol on an UD. It's a great plan - I'm loving it!

Last edited by Lily; 06-29-2012 at 04:19 PM..
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260-181.4-/-170-5'5/51
WOE: Real food~calorie counting
And what kimberino said for no exercise!
Erika1962 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

AHA! I saw the inches/cm but didn't see the pounds/kg.

I do NOT weig h 193 KG!

Thanks for the quick response and I have a feeling this will be a GREAT WOE!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!

Your calorie questions were answered. As for the Resveratrol, several people here do take it and it appears to help with appetite.

I tried it and got migraines from it, but I'm in the minority, so it probably won't affect you that way. I also drink red wine . . . and white wine, and mixed drinks, and bourbon on the rocks, and . . . and . . . and. Yes, alcohol is allowed as long as it doesn't make you eat mindlessly (some do) and you can stay within your calories.

Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie_13 View Post
Ok, so I have been stalled so long doing low carb that I'm about ready to start hacking off body parts so that the scale actually goes down. I am ready to give the JUDDD WOE a whirl. Here's my story - can you help me answer a couple of questions?

I started out at 252 lbs. almost 2 years ago (actually July 5, 2010 began this journey) and lost about 40 pounds on SouthBeach, moved to low calorie and lost a little (but was ALWAYS hungry), switched to low carb and lost another 25 pounds (putting me at my all time low of 187.) I've moved back up a little (I'm at 193) and have been sitting on this stinkin' plateau for weeks and weeks and weeks. I have been walking/running since the beginning of the year 3-4 times per week (mostly) and usually 5 miles and sometimes 7-8. While I have gone from a Women's size 22-24 down to a 12-14, my physical shape has improved and my weight has improved - I also realize that I am FAR from done!

So I've been tinkering with intermittent fasting this week (not seeing much difference) and looking and looking and found JUDDD and it sounds like something I can do. However, when I look at the website and try to calculate my calorie needs - it is HUGE! I'm 5'8 and 45 years old (female) and even if I say light exercise 1-3 times per week it says my UD is 3589 calories and my DD is 718 calories. Is this right????

Also, is alcohol allowed on UD? I usually have a glass or two of red wine a couple of times per week. I see that the pill he sells has eResverestrol which is evidently a component of red wine. Does it help you lose weight - or do you do JUDDD without it?

Ok, that's my story! I'm looking forward to seeing how this works and seeing all of your positive results! Thanks for reading!
I think you may be my long-lost twin. Our stories are almost exactly the same- same age, same starting weight, same plateau, also a runner, except I'm 5'7"

I let my guard down and regained 30+ lbs, you don't want to be my twin there.

I think the others are right about the calorie count being off. Mine is 2500ish and 521 (notice I know the exact DD number) for moderate activity.

I drink the occasional glass of wine on UDs, but I never take resverestrol.

Welcome and good luck!
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Everyone!

GME - I might be a little generous with my 5'8...lol. I just turned 45 on June 13 - - - still twins? How fun! I am running less than I was (hamstring doesn't like it) but I got a really REALLY fast 7.25 in the other night when a dog came after me. Heart rate up and pace was about double my norm! lol Sorry about your 30 pound fluctuation. Hopefully it will come off quickly. I have done the "absolute no-no" this time around and weigh myself daily. I find that it helps me stay on track because I WILL NOT gain this all back again. I've worked too hard to get it off. How long has it taken you to lose your weight ....and how what are your JUDDD stats?

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone. It's been a while since I've belonged to a forum like this - it was very useful when I was going through infertility and the folks I met way back then were wonderful. I'm going to try to be a regular here - so hopefully you won't get too tired of me!

Talk to you soon!
-Pookie
Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
pookie, no one mentioned it yet but it is usually advised here that we enter no excercise into the calculator. Since it tends to be overly generous with the calories and one probably doesn't really know how many actual calories they are burning.to quote someone here( I can't remember who) why would we want to eat back the calories we have burned? If you think the scale bounces are likely to drive you a bit crazy you might want to weigh just once/ week after a DD. that's what I do. Good luck, it's nice to have you join us!
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
With a name like Pookie, how could we possibly get tired of you? You are going to fit right in!

My best advice is Plan both DDs and UDs. Someone suggested planning UDs starting with your biggest, most opulent meal of the day - to make sure you do not hit a calorie deficit just when you want another slice of pizza.

And, if DDs are hard at first - and for some of us they are - eat over your DD cals in 50 cal increments. Pay attention to your body. Many of us have a lot to learn about the difference between head hunger, thirst 'hunger', hormonal hunger, and no-kidding-I-really-do-need-to-eat-something hunger.

Have fun!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Pookie, welcome! This is a fabulous place to be, and I have nothing to add except to remember that it gets easier and easier as you go along.
And that, if I were you, I'd drink (while tallying the calories) to the fact that you joining the most supportive group of people ever.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
!!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #14
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Different birthdays, but so close otherwise. I am about to turn 46 in July.

Congrats on the 7:25. I don't know if I have ever run that fast. I have an achilles tendon bothering me now so I'm just walking, but I hope to be running soon. I'm signed up for a race in a couple of weeks. They are just going to have to save a t-shirt for me for whenever I hobble across the finish line.

JUDDD took me from a long stall at 210 or so to 175. I honestly can't remember how long it took. The whole effort started in Jan of 08 I think. I hit my lowest weight ever in May of 2010 I think. I maintained fairly well for a year and then I started gaining.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gina - Sorry, it wasn't a 7:25 mile, it was 7.25 miles. I would love to say i could do a mile in 7:25, but unfortunately, that is not the case. I just was so ticked off that these people let their dog come after me...as well as an adrenaline rush that I did that portion of my walk in absolute record time - probably around a 12 minute mile. lol

This is my lowest weight since high school. I've gotten down to 210 before (once) but wasn't there long. Bound and determined not to gain it back again this time. Sorry you had a gain, but looking forward to losing with you!

Today is my first DD and so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works for me!
Old 06-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

7.2 miles is good too. No matter how long they take.

I'm having a DD today too. I am trying something of an egg fast. I seem to have trouble with too many choices and hunger on my DDs. So I am going to try 6 boiled eggs (420 cals) and just a smidgen of mayo and/or butter to help them go down. we'll see.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome! Glad you got your questions answered, and agree that no exercise tends to give a better outcome for most.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gina - That is my strategy as well! I'm bulking it up with lots of lettuce and celery - no mayo. I am currently hard boiling a bunch so I'll . I didn't have any hardboiled for lunch and ended up scrambling 2 to put on top of my salad. Actually wasn't bad. Made me not miss cheese so much on it lol. I've also been eating a lot of ice/drinking ice water. It's in the upper 90's here today so that's pretty easy. Good luck!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Welcome & best of luck. I find weight loss better on LC JUDDD than straight LC - I never kept carbs & cals low enough consistently.

Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Welcome, Pookie! You're in great company here! Many, many of us have come from other ways of eating, trying to find a plan that we can not only lose with, but maintain the losses for life. I came from LC, and still strive for moderate carb as I just feel better with a lower carb way of eating. SO, SO much wonderful support on this forum. It took me a while, but I made it to goal with JUDDD and have been maintaining for a few months now.

So many plusses with this plan - weight loss, improved health, lower inflammation, longer cell life, etc etc. And how can you not love a plan that lets you eat virtually anything you want EVERY OTHER DAY and still lose/maintain weight? Be sure to keep an eye on the "DD Food finds" thread, and other stickies that will help you w/down day (DD) food ideas. You will likely have a few rough DDs, espec initially as you get used to the rotation. Just remember the mantra, " I can have it tomorrow."
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Glad your here with us,, If you have any quesitons please come and ask,We are happy to have you as our new sister
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Pookie! It sounds like you are off to a great start! I am another previous LC dieter that has found JUDDD. I love this WOE as it allows me the flexibility to eat the foods I enjoy while still losing weight. I find the running way easier now that I can eat a few carbs as well!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote