Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Any one still cold?

I have noticed that i never get those DD freeze days any more.. I thought it was just cuz its summer here but.. I have for like my whole life felt way to cold if the Air is on.. and This year that s not the case.. So i wondering.. Has any one else stopped having the freeze down days??
YA all do remember those right ??
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm on an up day today and wearing my jacket at my desk at work. I'm cold all the time though since my thyroid decided to misbehave.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Not every time, but sometimes I'll get them. And with it being 100+ degrees outside, I am not nearly as hot as I "should" be when I'm outside. But I'm not freezing in the a/c either. Although we've set it higher so it doesn't have to work so hard, so it's warmer than normal.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I get the shivers and especially at night! OMGoodness, I have to pile quilts on if I sit still to watch tv.

Kimberly, the only time that I have not been cold was when I was going through full-blown meno. I would get hot in the middle of 32 below temps.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I'm still freezing on DDs and even on UDs before I eat. I warm up after I eat on both days, which isn't until 6-7pm on DDs and noon-1pm on UDs, so I spend a lot of time cold. It's been a blessing so far in this heat outdoors, but at work where they crank up the a/c, I'm the weird one with layers of sweaters/jackets on.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I still get cold sometimes. I could probably go without the ac most of the time but my poor husband hates to be hot as much as I hate to be cold!!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Vilanteira and I are twins, she shivered.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
Me too! No more freezing DD. I hadn't even thought about it until I read your thread. I wonder what happened? I don't think it is the warmer weather as I was freezing when my family was saying I had the heat turned up to high and they were overheating in the house! Hmmm...
Babsbabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
is getting cold on dd a "thing"? cause yesterday was a DD and I fasted except for a handful of popcorn, and I was freezing, but didn't attribute it to being a DD.
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Curvesgal
Stats: 197/126.6/125
WOE: JUDDDING
Most DD I have a sweater on even though the outside temperature is 100
Curvesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface View Post
is getting cold on dd a "thing"? cause yesterday was a DD and I fasted except for a handful of popcorn, and I was freezing, but didn't attribute it to being a DD.
It sure was a "thing" for me and fairly obvious to others as I was bundled up in blankets most DD evenings. I think my body was just trying to conserve energy until the famine was over. It must have given up as I am toasty warm on DD's now. I really hope I don't jinx myself by going on about it.

Last edited by Babsbabs; 06-29-2012 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Typos
Babsbabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
I think it's a little bit of a "thing"...lol...

I'm Freezing
I'm COLD on DD's
COLD!!!!
The DD "cold" is the hardest part for me!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post

You could say that!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maerow
Stats: 185/137/130
WOE: Low carb - various plans
Start Date: July 2005 (low carb)
Nope, still freezing on DD. Something weird, I get freezing cold and burst into sweats at the same time. Mostly on DD. Donno, very strange. Low blood sugar maybe.
Maerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I don't freeze as much as I used to but now sometimes on UD's I will sweat a lot and its extra strong for some reason (TMI I know!). I'm used to being cold but I'm enjoying it in 100 degree weather this summer. I'll probably complain more come October.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
....so....what are you trying to say?
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
....so....what are you trying to say?
idk...i *think* i remember somebody mentioning it once or twice...?

Old 06-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I was going to post asking the same thing. No cold days here for quite awhile now. Though if we go somewhere with the a/c turned low I still bring a sweater along. So glad I had it today at the restaurant or I would have been freezing (just ending a 40+ hour fast).
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #19

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I still am. I'm going outside to warm up on down days. You know it's pretty bad when you're looking forward to the 100 degree day to help take the edge off.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I still freeze if I have a good DD. Peoples think I'm crazy!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
I have a question about this . I'm not criticizing the JUDDD plan at all , so let me just say that upfront -- but this is one of those questions in my mind...

Getting cold frequently one of the things that concerns me a bit, truly, about JUDDD. It happens on hcg p2, as well -- and according to a lot of so-called authorities, that signals a down regulation of the metabolism.

JUDDD, apparently, has an overall positive effect on the metabolism -- so is the down-regulation okay because it is only intermittent?

I got very concerned about the constant being cold on p2 -- the hcg supposedly protects against the starvation response in the body, but I am not so sure I entirely buy that (given my far-too-numerous experiences with it).

I know that JUDDD works from the principle that the body's stavation response doesn't kick in fully because if the up days -- but if so, why the being cold?

Again, really not trying to be contrarian -- I hope I can make JUDDD work for me at some point -- but this is on my mind.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I was constantly cold when I did LC years ago. At least with JUDDD it is every other day. And as time goes on I am less cold on DD's. It kind of comes and goes.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mini, I am not sure what is going on with DD cold. I understand what you are saying. But, for me it happens in conjunction with really, really high energy. I go non-stop in my sweats sipping hot tea. I wish I understood metabolism better.

Ghost, what this means is (a) it does not happen to everyone, so don't panic, and (b) don't pack all of your sweaters away for the summer....just in case.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mini, I had the exact same concern but someone posted that the cold signifies the opposite: that you are burning fat.

it might be on one of the links I posted (post #12).
Old 07-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
You know, it does seem that every time I lose weight, I start feeling colder than usual. This was back when I lost weight the first time I did low carb, and years before that with various types of other diets as well. Any time there's been some noticeable fat loss, I always start feeling really cold, but it usually stablized. For some reason, I'm still frequently cold on JUDDD especially on DDs but even on UDs before I eat.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just googling fasting and lower temps... I found the following.

Fasting or Skipping Meals: You may also feel cold if you skip your meals often or fast frequently. When your calorie intake is reduced, the body tries to retain energy. This produces less body heat, thus dropping your body temperature. You will feel cold at night.

-----------------------------------------------------
The Health Benefits of Fasting | Serendip's Exchange

A second prescribed benefit of fasting is the healing process that begins in the body during a fast. During a fast energy is diverted away from the digestive system due to its lack of use and towards the metabolism and immune system. (6) The healing process during a fast is precipitated by the body's search for energy sources. Abnormal growths within the body, tumors and the like, do not have the full support of the body's supplies and therefore are more susceptible to autolysis. Furthermore, "production of protein for replacement of damaged cells (protein synthesis) occurs more efficiently because fewer 'mistakes' are made by the DNA/RNA genetic controls which govern this process." A higher efficiency in protein synthesis results in healthier cells, tissues and organs. (7) This is one reason that animals stop eating when they are wounded, and why humans lose hunger during influenza. Hunger has been proven absent in illnesses such as gastritis, tonsillitis and colds. (2) Therefore, when one is fasting, the person is consciously diverting energy from the digestive system to the immune system.

In addition, there is a reduction in core body temperature. This is a direct result of the slower metabolic rate and general bodily functions. Following a drop in blood sugar level and using the reserves of glucose found in liver glycogen, the basal metabolic rate (BMR) is reduced in order to conserve as much energy within the body as can be provided. (2) Growth hormones are also released during a fast, due to the greater efficiency in hormone production. (7)

Finally, the most scientifically proven advantage to fasting is the feeling of rejuvenation and extended life expectancy. Part of this phenomenon is caused by a number of the benefits mentioned above. A slower metabolic rate, more efficient protein production, an improved immune system, and the increased production of hormones contributes to this long-term benefit of fasting. In addition to the Human Growth Hormone that is released more frequently during a fast, an anti-aging hormone is also produced more efficiently. (7) "The only reliable way to extend the lifespan of a mammal is under-nutrition without malnutrition." (5) A study was performed on earthworms that demonstrated the extension of life due to fasting. The experiment was performed in the 1930s by isolating one worm and putting it on a cycle of fasting and feeding. The isolated worm outlasted its relatives by 19 generations, while still maintaining its youthful physiological traits. The worm was able to survive on its own tissue for months. Once the size of the worm began to decrease, the scientists would resume feeding it at which point it showed great vigor and energy. "The life-span extension of these worms was the equivalent of keeping a man alive for 600 to 700 years." (8)

In conclusion, it seems that there are many reasons to consider fasting as a benefit to one's health. The body rids itself of the toxins that have built up in our fat stores throughout the years. The body heals itself, repairs all the damaged organs during a fast. And finally there is good evidence to show that regulated fasting contributes to longer life. However, many doctors warn against fasting for extended periods of time without supervision. There are still many doctors today who deny all of these points and claim that fasting is detrimental to one's health and have evidence to back their statements. The idea of depriving a body of what society has come to view as so essential to our survival in order to heal continues to be a topic of controversy.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 07-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK, this is what i was looking for...i think...
COLD!!!!

Quote:
fasting may increase blood flow to adipose cells, helping them release fatty acids for eventual burning. Because of this, it may also cause vasoconstriction of the peripheral vasculature,
namely fingers and toes.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:49 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Jenny

I have heard that about the cold meaning one is burning fat -- I'm not sure I entirely buy it, though. I do get cold when I am restricting calories a lot.

I am never cold on LC, interestingly enough -- and I have certainly burned fat quite successfully on that in the past.

When I first started with hcg, I had very high energy in p2 -- but that dropped off and was replaced with weakness and lethargy, which went hand in hand with freezing, too. Maybe it is the combination of low energy and cold that really signals trouble...??
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Maybe it is the combination of low energy and cold that really signals trouble...??
I think so.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nancy,

Just clarifying, do you believe that our body temp is telling us it is time to stop the fast? I have understood that this is the process of conserving energy but did not know if this is a sign of crisis. So, it is possible that it may mean the opposite of what we have been believing?