Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
Pounds lost but not inches.

As of this morning Ive lost 32 pounds since I started on 2/28 Ive hit a few spots where the scale wouldn't move but these were short...
Even tho I have lost 32 pounds none of my clothes fit differently...so I got the tape measure out and measured myself. I've only lost 3 inches total, but gained 1/2 an inch in my hips
How can that be? Is it because I started at such a high weight? I would think 32 pounds would at least equal 1 dress size, but no...nothing. I do feel less bloated in the belly since I gave up on Diet Pop, but thats it.

Anyone else my size go through this? Does it finally catch up?
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Babykinz, I feel for you this morning. I feel like we're all running a marathon together: 100% in it together but each with her/his own victories and frustrations.
My 2 cents - your body has lost a whack of weight (hope you're SO proud of yourself!). Your body determines what it sheds in what order - subcutaneous fat, visceral fat, etc. Some of that makes a bigger visual bang, some lowers your health risks faster. My vote is to trust that our bodies know what matters most and in what order.
It is a patience game sometimes. You're doing it and you're headed in the right direction at a beautiful pace. This is all you CAN do.
Take heart, be proud, and relax into it if that doesn't make you crazy.
You're a hero every day you make the choice to keep at it.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by babykinz View Post
As of this morning Ive lost 32 pounds since I started on 2/28 Ive hit a few spots where the scale wouldn't move but these were short...
Even tho I have lost 32 pounds none of my clothes fit differently...so I got the tape measure out and measured myself. I've only lost 3 inches total, but gained 1/2 an inch in my hips
How can that be? Is it because I started at such a high weight? I would think 32 pounds would at least equal 1 dress size, but no...nothing. I do feel less bloated in the belly since I gave up on Diet Pop, but thats it.

Anyone else my size go through this? Does it finally catch up?
i think it is like that at first but you will catch up. i think i had to lose 40 lbs before it showed at all. but now that i am down 80 lbs. every 10 lbs shows. i did notice that for a long time i was losing puffiness just above and just below the waist. it just wasnt happening any place i measured. in your case you know it will have to show sooner or later. and as for the half inch on the hip; you may not have measured in exactly the same place. i see half inch difference with only slightly different placement of the tape at the hips. no place else. i really doubt you lost 32 lbs and your hips got bigger.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I agree with JoyJoy. I was looking at my figure the other day and could not figure out how I could get down to say 120 lbs or so with the visible fat I have on the outside of my frame and then I thought of all the horrible fat wrapped around my stomach, heart, and other internal organs and realized that its not just what you see but also loss of fat inside your skeleton. Obviously you've lost fat somewhere so hang in there. I find that its usually one or the other. You get inches lost and no weight loss or weight loss and no inches lost. You're doing great!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
and i agree that inside things are being moved around. funny thing about fat loss is we dont get to choose where it comes from.. This loss for me is in weird places i never thought fat,, like my feet.. my fore arms and my knees too weird i tellya,, i sure would love to say "hey fat cells from the belly need to line up,, your next to leave!" Lmao.. Great job on what you have done so far dear!~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I feel the same way - I have lost 23 pounds in the last year (very slowly) and none of my clothes fit any differently. Hopefully soon I will be able to tell a difference. I have lost maybe 2" overall.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yellobrix
Stats: 199/175/150
WOE: Tweaking & Discovering
Start Date: Over & Over... 'Til I Get It Right!
Frustrating, right??? I think much has to do with how a person's fat is distributed as well as an individual pattern of loss. For example, sadly, my first pounds are lost in my rear end - but it's my middle that's the most pudgy. This means that my jeans are baggy in the butt, but tight in the waist. For a while, it leaves my clothing fitting worse, until my waist can start to catch up. Other than my middle, the rest of my fat is evenly distributed over my body. I think that, for example, many women who hold much of their weight in their hips seem to look better faster - since the weight is concentrated in one area, the loss seems more dramatic. Lose five pounds from the hips, you can see it. Lose five pounds from the entire body head-to-toe, and it isn't as evident.
Yellobrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Congratulations on your weight loss Babykinz!

I see that you are 5'2" and it does seem to take a bit longer for your body to catch up to the weight loss, but it will!!! One day you will wake up to your pants on the ground. And keep on JUDDDing cause you are rocking this plan!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

You guys are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right! thank you so much.

I am proud of the pounds lost, and its what keeps me forging forward...
I have clothes that fit me when I was 210, a couple years ago, that I cant even squeeeze into now...so weird, and a tiny bit discouraging.

Not giving up! , Not even close to giving up, I really do JUDDD!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by babykinz View Post
You guys are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right! thank you so much.

I am proud of the pounds lost, and its what keeps me forging forward...
I have clothes that fit me when I was 210, a couple years ago, that I cant even squeeeze into now...so weird, and a tiny bit discouraging.

Not giving up! , Not even close to giving up, I really do JUDDD!
So glad you are in this for the long haul! Have to tell you, I experienced the same thing when I started losing. I started at 230 and I distinctly remembering being down 23 pounds before I went down one pants size.

We have had this discussion before but I can't remember the name of the thread. It was a while ago.

Anyway, a couple of thoughts. That previous thread got my info junkie brain to wondering about whether or not there is a biological order to which kind of fat we lose first. I did a Google search for "Which fat do we lose first when dieting?" or something like that.

Very interesting information!!! For the most part, men lose subcutaneous fat first when they lose. That's why when my DH started losing weight in February, his waist went down 2 inches the first week!!! Darn men. However, visceral fat is more dangerous.

Women lose visceral fat in the beginning. It can be on top and underneath organs and muscles. You won't get shorter. But, it does not show as much on the tape measure or in the way clothing fits.

Someone cited research on that other thread about how, when our fat cells release stored fat at first, they then fill up with water. I never knew that. This is the body's way of keeping them stretched out and ready to receive more fat when the perceived "famine" is over and we start overeating again. (Which you and I are NOT gonna do, right??)

At some point, when the brain realizes we are healthy and actually indeed have enough fat stores even as we are losing, the water is released and the fat cells are allowed to shrink. They don't go away. They just shrink.

That's when you might see a whoosh on the scale and notice a drop in inches.

Here is another thing. I kept measuring the usual bust-waist-hips and not seeing a difference. Then I remembered that months before I had signed up for an exercise class and had been encouraged to measure other places, like under my bust and under my arm pits (these measure stuff like back fat).

I looked for and found the note book I had written all that down in. How surprised I was to find I had lost a significant amount under my arm pits and under my bust but above my waist! That's when I decided we have all kinds of nooks and crannies. Lots of places to lose.

I mean, I've never measured my face. But Dh kept telling me my face and neck were noticeably thinner. My hands look thinner. Would never measure there.

If you are like me and your fat is evenly distributed all over from head to toe, it may take longer to go down a size.

But, hold on! Once I got over that weird 23 pound loss hump, I started shrinking like a water balloon someone pricked with a needle! It took me losing 23 pounds to go from size 18 tight jeans to size 16 tight jeans. Seven more pounds gone and I was in 14. Five more gone put me in a comfy size 12 and now I'm wearing some 10's in my pants and wearing size medium in all my tops.

Just as an example, that "under the bust" measurement was 44 inches at my biggest. Now it's 36#!! That's a lot! I don't have back cleavage any more when I wear my new size 10-12 swimsuit.

Sorry this was so long! Just want to encourage you that things are gonna really start moving once the visceral fat is taken care of, your fat cells shrink, and the subcutaneous fat starts to go.

And, it WILL!!!

Starting weight 8/1/11 = 230
Current weight 6/28/12 = 189
Goal weight...................180

Getting closer and closer!

Woo-Hoo! I'm 41 pounds down!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I think it's Nancy who introduced me to the phrase "rearranging the cellular furniture". That's when the fat moves around on your body...smaller measurement one place, bigger another, then it changes in a couple weeks--or days, who knows!

I've lost over 20lbs and people say I look different, but my measurements haven't gone down much either. That's probably not very encouraging, but just want you to know it happens & you're not alone!!!

Quote:
If you are like me and your fat is evenly distributed all over from head to toe, it may take longer to go down a size.
I read this analogy somewhere around here a couple years ago:
Think of yourself as a brand new roll of paper towels.
If you take off 10 towels, the roll doesn't really look any smaller.
But as you get closer to the end, taking off 10 towels or even 2 "shrinks" the roll quite a lot!
New lows, 2014:
7/27 275.4

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-29-2012 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: correction
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh good, as I read this, I hoped Yam-Yam had seen it.

Yep, I remember shouting at the moon, "How can I have lost 25 pounds and still be wearing a 14????" Then, about two weeks (and four pounds) later, I was in a 10.

Your body is addressing whatever it thinks is most critical, most potentially damaging to your health, first. You have lost and will continue to lose an amazing amount of weight .

If it helps, stand in front of a mirror and yell, "Enough with the internal nooks and crannies! Let's get this visible fat moving!!!!"

It's going to be alright.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Oh good, as I read this, I hoped Yam-Yam had seen it.

Yep, I remember shouting at the moon, "How can I have lost 25 pounds and still be wearing a 14????" Then, about two weeks (and four pounds) later, I was in a 10.

Your body is addressing whatever it thinks is most critical, most potentially damaging to your health, first. You have lost and will continue to lose an amazing amount of weight .

If it helps, stand in front of a mirror and yell, "Enough with the internal nooks and crannies! Let's get this visible fat moving!!!!"

It's going to be alright.
Love this!!

Starting weight = 230
Current weight = 189
Goal weight = 180

Getting closer!

I'm down 41 pounds! Woo-Hoo!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Congratulations on your weight loss Babykinz!

I see that you are 5'2" and it does seem to take a bit longer for your body to catch up to the weight loss, but it will!!! One day you will wake up to your pants on the ground. And keep on JUDDDing cause you are rocking this plan!

LOL this made me think of that american idol tryout...

"looking like a fool with your pants on the ground"

not that anyone's a fool...just..ah nevermind...
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface View Post

I can imagine we'd look a bit foolish doing a happy dance when our pants fall down in public, but I plan on it.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I had a dream the other night that I was quite a bit thinner than I am now, and was wearing a denim pencil skirt THAT SUDDENLY FELL DOWN TO THE GROUND!!!

I think it would be worth the embarrassment if that actually happened to me!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface View Post

GHOST!!! I do remember!

Jenny! Would be a great laugh, although I hope it doesn't happen until I am really thin. Don't know how thrilled I would be if it happened today?
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the great info!!

Makes me feel so much better.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Babykinz....1st. let me say how great you have done!! Hopefully you have been super-encouraged by these responses! Don't know when I have read so many good ones in one thread! Aren't we lucky???? Can't help loving it here!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote