Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/19/2012
When and how often do you weigh?

I usually weigh first thing in the morning, but I've noticed lately, especially on DDs, that I weigh less in the evening after work. I may start waiting until the evenings and then take my lowest weight of the day to post

So....has anyone else noticed this? When and how often does everyone weigh? Has anyone changed when or how often since starting JUDDD? Just thought it might be interesting to see if there is another impact of JUDDD besides all the other magic.
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
In the mornings for sure. Sometimes I will weigh at night, and then after each middle- of the -might- pee and watch the numbers drop a few ounces each pee
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I confess i weigh alot.. I love to watch what my number are doing at all times.. I weigh and report on my chart first this in a am right after i pee.. then i weigh just before i work out.. and then again after working out.. and then one last time before i go to bed.. I used to be soo afraid of what that dang scale said and now i can pretty much perdict what my morning numbers will be from taking stock in them thru out my day.. i find it fun actually
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeenieX
Stats: 180/173/150 5'9"
Start Date: 6/14/2012
I pee alot in the morning, so I weigh several times before noon. Never after, because it goes up.
LeenieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I weigh every morning first thing. If I feel like I'm retaining water because of salty foods the day before and I'm drinking tea and/or lemon water and trying to de-bloat, I'll step on the scale throughout the day.

I'm like Babykinz in that if I had a super low DD, I'll step on the scale in the middle of the night because it's fun to see the numbers going down.

I just read an article called "5 Secrets of Naturally Thin People" by Shape.

Here are the first 2:

"# 1 of Shape's diet tips: Weigh in regularly
"Hopping on the scale consistently provides positive reinforcement for your healthy eating habits," says Meghan Butryn, Ph.D., an assistant professor of psychology at Drexel University. "It can also help you catch small gains before they escalate."

When Butryn and her research team studied the habits of adults who'd lost 30 pounds or more and kept it off for several years, they discovered that those who got on the scale consistently put on just 4 pounds in a year. However, the dieters whose weigh-ins declined in frequency gained back double that amount.

So exactly how often should you check in with your bathroom scale? Once a day, if possible. Dieters who did so were 82 percent more likely to maintain their loss over 18 months than those who monitored their progress less frequently, additional research shows. Butryn cautions that if the number on the scale rises by more than 1 or 2 pounds (an amount that could simply be due to water weight or a big meal), consider that a red flag to tweak your exercise and healthy eating habits.

# 2 of Shape's diet tips: Pump up the protein
A study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that women who got the highest levels of protein in their diets (around 110 grams daily, or 26 percent of their calories) maintained a 14-pound weight loss for more than a year. Those with less healthy eating habits, who got less than 72 grams of protein per day, or less than 19 percent of their intake from protein, only sustained a 7.5- pound loss during the same period.

"Higher amounts of protein may prompt the release of hormones that help you feel full," says Peter Clifton, Ph.D., lead study author and coauthor of The Total Wellbeing Diet.

Rather than getting additional energy from carb- or fat-laden fare, add protein to most meals and snacks. Sprinkle kidney beans or chickpeas on your salad, switch to protein-rich Greek yogurt from the regular variety, and trade your afternoon bag of pretzels for a mini cheese-and-turkey roll-up."

Interesting, huh? I know that at one point a few years ago when I was in the middle of menopause, I stopped weighing. I just couldn't take seeing how much I weighed and how nothing seemed to be working. Turned out to be a horrible decision!!! I went into a kind of denial. When I finally stepped on the scale after about a year, it was soooooooo ugly.

Yam-Yam

Starting weight = 230
Current weight = 189
Goal weight = 180

Getting closer!

I'm down 41 pounds!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I weigh quite often because I am home a lot (out of work ).
Just out of curiosity--if I go to the bathroom a lot, or if I feel like I'm retaining water;
I don't get anxious or upset about any weights during the day.
But even if I were quite busy, I'm sure I'd still weigh in the morning & before bed
(that gives me a heads-up on what the morning is going to look like!!!).

I have found that my lightest weight of the day often comes around 2:30--after breakfast and before lunch. Mostly on DDs but sometimes on UDs. Even if I've drunk a ton of water/tea etc, and I think my weight would be up; I guess the output surpasses the input!
New lows, 2014:
7/27 275.4
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I 'count' my weight at 07:30 every morning. But I peek at it before and after because I find the fluctuations fascinating. If I wake up early I can 'lose' two pounds before 07:30.

If bounces and dips/rises bother you, find the schedule that is least stressful for YOU. Weekly after a DD is very motivating. Every two weeks or monthly is good. Don't weigh at all if that works best for you. There is no right or wrong way to weigh, there is only each of us, shining individually.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I weigh once a week, first thing in the a.m. after I pee. Either Wednesday or Thursday depending on which is after my DD for that week.

Bounces drive me crazy. It would mess with my head and force me to throw in the towel. Heck, before I started JUDDD I hadn't weighed at home in 3 years. In the beginning with JUDDD, I would close my eyes and DH would note the weight. I swore when I turned 39, that number on the scale would NO LONGER have an emotional pull for me anymore! I am more than that number, whether it is UP or DOWN.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I weigh the morning after a DD; post shower, post bathroom break. I don't think I could handle the possible bounce after an UD. I want the reward of a loss after getting through a DD (they still are difficult for me, but I never go over. UDs, however, are another story still...)
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #10

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
In the morning after visiting the restroom and before dressing or having coffee.

In the evening after visiting the restroom.

And pretty much any time in between that I decide to weigh--if I'm taking a shower mid-day, for example. Or just because I'm curious.

I weigh stark naked so it's a bit of a commitment to decide to weigh in the middle of the day, but I've been known to do it!
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Once a week, in the morning after a DD only.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #12

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Every day. I use the restroom, then weigh, then start my day.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
The best way for me to manage my compulsions to weigh multiple times a day and become obsessed with the scale I've settled on a routine of weighing every other day, following a DD. I weigh in the morning after rest room. Whatever it says goes on the calendar and then, fairly often, I get to make a new graphic for my signature.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Every day. I use the restroom, then weigh, then start my day.

Same here although I also weigh right before I go to bed. I can guestimate pretty close what my next morning's weight is going to be. Kind of like free entertainment for me.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #15

Gallery: jiggles
Well, I can see why some people say to not weigh more than once a week. Today is my official weigh day and even though I'm down a net of 1.5 lbs, I'm up .5 lbs from Thursday morning. Kind of bugs me a bit. Right now I'm weighing after every DD since I'm just restarting again but I'd like to get to a point where I'm only weighing once or maybe twice a week.

Anyway, I always weigh in the morning but if I weigh as soon as I get up it's always a little higher. So, I wait until I've showered and gotten ready. Just before I get dressed is when I weigh. It's about an hour (or 2 if I workout first) after waking up.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I weigh everyday after I use the bathroom...nekkid, natch, lol! If it's a DD and I'm home all day I tend to weigh throughout the day, just to see the numbers continue to drop. That's fun. I also have a tendency to weigh before bed when I'm really in the JUDDD groove. It's fun to try to guess what my morning weight will be.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #17
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
I'm one of those that weighs more than once a day sometimes. I weigh I the morning then sometimes after work to see how I'm doing. If I think I've eaten too much it helps me gauge how much to eat for dinner. And again last thing at night to predict what I will weigh in the morning. Sometimes I weigh less than what I thought I might. Always a nice surprise.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pookie_13
Stats: 252/188/150 ? Down 5.3 lb on JUDDDD
WOE: SouthBeach, Atkins, Now JUDDD 6-29-12!
Start Date: July 5, 2010
I weigh every morning before I get into the shower. I never did this on other weight loss journeys and would get off track and not get on the scale for a few weeks (months) and have to start all over again. sigh. However, I only weigh once per day because otherwise I was making myself crazy. Once a day first thing in the morning has worked pretty well this time around.
pookie_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
7am during the week after visiting the bathroom and before the shower. Weekends are usually about 1/2 hour after I get up. I have peeked a few times on a DD when I have come home from work and usually been down, but I record the first morning weight. Thank G_d I'm at work all day. I think I would be steppng on and off the scale much more frequently if I was home!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Glad I'm not the only one that visits the scale regularly! Some call it obsessive...I call it strict control lol
@Monica. I see you are within a few lbs of your goal. Good for you!
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Same here although I also weigh right before I go to bed. I can guestimate pretty close what my next morning's weight is going to be. Kind of like free entertainment for me. :)
Love this! Great way of looking at it.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hikergurl
Stats: 5'11" 208/162/165
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/31/11
I weigh first thing in the morning after using the restroom. Am I the only one who still gets knots in her stomach before weighing? I swear, I HATE how much power I've given that stupid contraption, but I literally have to psych myself out before stepping on. If the number is good, I feel successful and beautiful. If it's up, I feel like a failure and ugly. I'm so screwed in the head.
hikergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergurl View Post
I weigh first thing in the morning after using the restroom. Am I the only one who still gets knots in her stomach before weighing? I swear, I HATE how much power I've given that stupid contraption, but I literally have to psych myself out before stepping on. If the number is good, I feel successful and beautiful. If it's up, I feel like a failure and ugly. I'm so screwed in the head.
You ARE beautiful!!! Look at you! But I totally know what you mean. I used to be that way exactly. The stress of it just didn't do me any good. This up day then down day rotation has changed my way of thinking about the scale. Maybe it's just because I'm getting so old, as well, and I like to have the power and not give it away to anyone or anything...

Besides seeing it like Adi said as a form of entertainment I also now see it as just another tool in my arsenal. It's not a judgement on my behavior when it goes up or a commentary on my goodness and discipline when it goes down. It's just an interesting way to analyze where I am in the journey to being healthier.

It's a way to get to know me and my body better. (Like, for me, when I eat a huge amount of salt I know the number will be up the next morning and I will need to de-bloat).

My clothes, how light I feel on my feet, how much I can run and jump and hike and do whatever I want, how my skin glows, having people tell me how great I look....those are all better indicators of my progress than the scale number.

There was a thread a while back that was called "The Scale, She Bounces!!" and that might be encouraging and helpful for you to find.

When you are mad at the scale, go try on some clothes and look at yourself in the mirror!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hikergurl
Stats: 5'11" 208/162/165
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/31/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
You ARE beautiful!!! Look at you! But I totally know what you mean. I used to be that way exactly. The stress of it just didn't do me any good. This up day then down day rotation has changed my way of thinking about the scale. Maybe it's just because I'm getting so old, as well, and I like to have the power and not give it away to anyone or anything...

Besides seeing it like Adi said as a form of entertainment I also now see it as just another tool in my arsenal. It's not a judgement on my behavior when it goes up or a commentary on my goodness and discipline when it goes down. It's just an interesting way to analyze where I am in the journey to being healthier.

It's a way to get to know me and my body better. (Like, for me, when I eat a huge amount of salt I know the number will be up the next morning and I will need to de-bloat).

My clothes, how light I feel on my feet, how much I can run and jump and hike and do whatever I want, how my skin glows, having people tell me how great I look....those are all better indicators of my progress than the scale number.

There was a thread a while back that was called "The Scale, She Bounces!!" and that might be encouraging and helpful for you to find.

When you are mad at the scale, go try on some clothes and look at yourself in the mirror!
Thanks Yam-Yam, I know you're right and I have faith that I will get there mentally through doing JUDDD. I did read "The Scale, She Bounces." In fact, I think it was reading that thread that sealed the deal for me as far as deciding to do JUDDD after HCG. I found it to be so encouraging

Question: How do you de-bloat after a high salt day?
hikergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I weighed daily through my weight loss and about 6 months into maintenance.

In May, I just decided I was tired of the focus on weight and stopped weighing daily. I now weigh once every week or two... or do I? I really don't know how often I weigh lol. But once I saw that maintenance was "sticking" I relaxed and freed myself from the scale.

Sometimes if I think I'm a little bloaty I'll whip out the tape measure or go by how my clothes are fitting. The bloat seems more related to ovulation and Tom than anything. Seeing these cycles and ups and downs over all the months have encouraged me that I don't have to panic - it's all normal and my body knows what it's doing. But again, I did weigh daily for many months in order to get to the point I'm at now.

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 07-03-2012 at 03:58 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergurl View Post
Thanks Yam-Yam, I know you're right and I have faith that I will get there mentally through doing JUDDD. I did read "The Scale, She Bounces." In fact, I think it was reading that thread that sealed the deal for me as far as deciding to do JUDDD after HCG. I found it to be so encouraging

Question: How do you de-bloat after a high salt day?
there are several ways:

1. Green tea, iced -- lots of it! No sweetener but I usually squeeze a quarter of a fresh, juicy lemon into it.

2. Magnesium and potassium (one of each in the morning) are water regulators in the body and if you are carrying extra, they help flush it out. Don't take too much! Just one of each per day.

3. A dandelion root capsule (one sometime during the day) works really well for me.

4. If you are not drinking tea, drink iced water with lemon juice, preferably fresh, squeezed into it.

5. Lean protein like tilapia, eggs or egg whites, chicken breast, FF plain Greek yogurt -- all lean and fat free dairy and protein acts as a diuretic when you have it while drinking lots of water.

Don't salt anything you are eating that day.

You can do a Google search for "Foods that are diuretic" and you will get quite a nice list. I found out that asparagus is towards the top of the list and so is alfalfa. I think spinach is as well.

There was a discussion the other day about adding liquid chlorophyll to water (1 tsp 3 times a day) but I have not tried that yet. Chlorophyll comes from green plants. The ones I looked at on line, even the one on Netrition.com I think, are made from alfalfa so that makes sense.

Coffee has diuretic properties and I always drink coffee every morning no matter what. Love it!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thanks Yam Yam.
I was wondering the same thing!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote