Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coriannder
how to start JUDD?

What are the rules of the JUDD diet? I'm sure this is posted somewhere but I can't find it...? I am on HCG and would like to switch over for P4. I know the main idea behind it but would like to know the "how to" and rules.
Thanks!
coriannder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It's a really simple plan and all the basics can be found here: WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!

Also, you can Google JUDDD and it will give you the link to Dr. Johnson's website, where the calculator is and even more information.

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coriannder
Thanks Dawn! I am coming from HCG where there was a novel of rules. LOL! So I just do a DD then UD, DD, UD...etc. It's that easy? Do I start with a DD?
coriannder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
You can also read Dr. Johnson's book. It's titled: "The Alternate Day Diet". There is lots of information on these boards but some of us found his detailed explanation of the SIRT1 gene very motivating. The book will give you not only the "how" of JUDD but also the "why".

You can download it, buy it or check it out from your library.

Yam-Yam

Starting weight 8/1/11 = 230
Current weight 6/28/12 = 189
Goal weight...................180

Getting closer and closer!

Woo-Hoo! I'm 41 pounds down!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It's so simple and effective. I LOVE JUDDD!

Some here recommend starting with an UD so you can be well fueled for your first DD. I took a weekend off and carbed up before starting, so I started with a DD, after two really UP days!

You'll read lots of opinions about how closely to stick to your calories, but I personally feel it's important for the first few weeks to a month to keep your alternations UD/DD/UD/DD etc., and to try to get close to both the UD and DD numbers. This is when your body is busy building up the lovely sirtuins that do all the "heavy lifting" on this program. Once you've got those built up, DDs become so easy, and you just feel really good.

I don't really know much about HCG. I'm not sure if you are low carb or plan to remain low carb or not. One of the reasons I started JUDDD was that I felt too limited on Atkins. The beauty of JUDDD is that it works either way. Your food choices are your own. Just respect the calories and you'll most likely see great results!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 06-28-2012 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: punctuation.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
JUDDD has finally for me been the key to effortless weight loss.. I cant belive i found a plan that works, and continues to work.. I feared when i i started that it was a fluke and the loss would stop.. Well i am happy to report that 5months later i am not only in ONEderland... but i continue to loose... So exctied that it works that i have lower my goal to a number i was afraid to hope for! ~ your goin to love it here..
PS. Dont forget.. an online calorie tracker is an awsome tool to help keep track of your numbers daily
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 06-28-2012 at 01:11 PM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
The only thing I can add to the above, is that I started officially on an UP day

I counted my calories and all that, but I felt like, hey, my Down Day is actually day 2, look at me, I've done this for 1 day already

a little mental jedi trick, but it worked for me. I did find my first DD to be a bit tough, but I made it through.
My mantra was: I can tolerate mild discomfort.
I literally said that over and over to myself. Wha? a little hungry? psha-- I can tolerate this till dinner... etc.

Welcome aboard!
Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
So many wise things said here -

mantra thought - Soren's is so good! Several on this forum used to say, "We can do hard things." to encourage each other. But you only need them for a little while, since you do get used to DDs.

starting day thought - yes, starting on an UD is wise. You will be fully fueled to have a successful DD.

calorie tracker thought - it does help me a lot, too! I have so much to remember in a day and the tracker online takes one burden away! You might enjoy reading the "It's ____day. What are you eating?" threads here, too.

Number #1 tip from me - get your hands on the book, The Alternate Day Diet by Robert Johnson, M.D. You'll be so glad you did! It's wonderful to know the science behind the way of eating, which is so interesting.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
It's so simple and effective. I LOVE JUDDD!

Some here recommend starting with an UD so you can be well fueled for your first DD. I took a weekend off and carbed up before starting, so I started with a DD, after two really UP days!

You'll read lots of opinions about how closely to stick to your calories, but I personally feel it's important for the first few weeks to a month to keep your alternations UD/DD/UD/DD etc., and to try to get close to both the UD and DD numbers. This is when your body is busy building up the lovely sirtuins that do all the "heavy lifting" on this program. Once you've got those built up, DDs become so easy, and you just feel really good.

I don't really know much about HCG. I'm not sure if you are low carb or plan to remain low carb or not. One of the reasons I started JUDDD was that I felt too limited on Atkins. The beauty of JUDDD is that it works either way. Your food choices are your own. Just respect the calories and you'll most likely see great results!
excellent post!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
Start Date: 4/19/2012
Chiming in here on the mantra - I used Dr. Johnson's mantra "I will eat tomorrow" and it really helped because my downfall is usually the idea that I can NEVER have some specific food item again without feeling guilty or blowing the whole diet. I would suggest you come up with something you can say to yourself to keep things in perspective. Maybe have a treat ready (be sure to count it!) for the first few UDs to get you through the DDs. I used milk shakes and, amazingly, it took a little squeezing, but they fit into my UD calories.
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
This is so interesting, looking back on starting JUDDD and what helped, etc.

I remember having a bunch of ah-ha moments in the first few weeks - month. Now it's just second nature, though I still enjoy the buzz on the DD (and I also have more caffeine those days too ).
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
That's a great reminder, too, Manday, "I can eat tomorrow". And I like the idea of having a treat at the ready, and already knowing its calories.

Oops, need to correct, it's James Johnson, M.D.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manday View Post
Chiming in here on the mantra - I used Dr. Johnson's mantra "I will eat tomorrow" and it really helped because my downfall is usually the idea that I can NEVER have some specific food item again without feeling guilty or blowing the whole diet. I would suggest you come up with something you can say to yourself to keep things in perspective. Maybe have a treat ready (be sure to count it!) for the first few UDs to get you through the DDs. I used milk shakes and, amazingly, it took a little squeezing, but they fit into my UD calories.
Mine is LC SF chocolate for UD
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote