Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Oh Beverley, how lovely that you have a Goddaughter in the UK. Now I am digging into my memory, did you say she works for Coast? I do forget more easily these days, what do I take for that? CoEnzyme Q10? LOL.

I am getting the coconut water in Waitrose stores.
If you find the memory cure, let me know!! I could use it. My goddaughter attends the University of London: The School of Oriental and African Studies. She has one more year. She is heading out on July 4th for an internship in India! I have visited her twice now and love being over there across the pond.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
LOL!!! Hi YamYam, It is Beverly who lost 100 lbs! I am WooHooing for her! Which I am sure you are too!!! Love ya Sister! I can't wait to get where you are!!! Oh, and it is Sunday today, so there you go!
It was my stupid fingers that did it! Not my brain!

Beverly: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I am going to wait and watch all of you guinea pigs. I am taking a buttload of stuff right now and it is almost more than I can handle. Plus I think my brain food may be more crucial than a detox at this time.
Wow, I'm with you on this about taking a bunch of supplements. I went into a vitamin store yesterday and the guy at the counter pointed out their new "Dr. Oz" section. It's a wall of supplements under a big sign that says "Dr. Oz Recommends" and he kept trying to get me to buy this one or that one.

I'm resisting taking anything else in pill or capsule form right now because the day isn't long enough! Can't take 'em all at once because it makes me feel sick and I know you shouldn't mix the calcium with any of the others. Most of them say "preferably with food" so I don't want to be eating all day just to be able to take a supplement.

The recommendations on chlorophyll are interesting though and I looked at what Netrition has and may put it in my cart. The one they sell says it has glycerin in it. Is that ok??

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
If you find the memory cure, let me know!! I could use it. My goddaughter attends the University of London: The School of Oriental and African Studies. She has one more year. She is heading out on July 4th for an internship in India! I have visited her twice now and love being over there across the pond.
Lol, well someone knows someone who works in Coast.

Oh she will love India. Another place I was lucky enough to live in for a couple of years. We were in Bombay, sorry, Mumbai... I am sure she will have a marvellous time there and will see so many fantastic sights. If you possibly can, get over there.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Add me to the "too many supplements for my own sanity" club! I do tend to just throw most of 'em back on one go, though, and hope for the best. It's almost a meal in itself when I do that, lol!
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:

Oh she will love India. Another place I was lucky enough to live in for a couple of years. We were in Bombay, sorry, Mumbai... I am sure she will have a marvellous time there and will see so many fantastic sights. If you possibly can, get over there.
it's my SIL that works there. Hope I get there someday and we can go shopping!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
PJ, I would love to see your schedule in the day for taking all the supplements you take. The dirt, and glut, and tumeric etc. I take a lot too, but getting them all in and with the proper is hard- with food, not with food, not mixing certain ones together. Do you have a written schedule?
Ugh, it is a total pain in the neck sometimes!!!
I just take stuff in the morning and stuff at night.
Sometimes it's hard on DDs because I feel like I need a little food to at least push it down and keep anything from sticking in my throat.

I have sort of simplified and don't buy anything that needs to be taken on an empty stomach or "30 minutes before a meal", because I end up forgetting!

I probably take some of my supplements 3 or 4 times a week instead of every day.

I have been out of a job for a while and felt like taking care of myself--getting my blood pressure and diabetes under control--was a part-time job! But a very worthwhile one!!! Sometimes when I'm mixing up all my stuff and making green tea etc, I wonder if I'll be able to keep up the routine when I get a job.

I may find out soon...yesterday I went to an interview at a health food store and today I worked 6 hours. Not sure if this is going to work out; it's a 30 mile commute each way (kinda normal for NJ though), only $10/hr, and the business was just sold to a new owner. So the store is VERY chaotic & disorganized & understaffed at the moment. But it may end up being a cool place to work....?
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #97

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Ooh, PJ, that sounds right up your alley. I hope it works out and ends up being an enjoyable place to work!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
It was my stupid fingers that did it! Not my brain!

Beverly: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The recommendations on chlorophyll are interesting though and I looked at what Netrition has and may put it in my cart. The one they sell says it has glycerin in it. Is that ok?

I can't say for sure since I don't know, but my guess is it would probably work fine. I don't know what percent of the dose is glycerin so you may need to increase the amount you take to get enough chlorophyll?
Thanks for the kudos!!

Quote:

I hope she loves it. I would love to visit her. Now if I could only fly there first class....

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Ugh, it is a total pain in the neck sometimes!!!
I just take stuff in the morning and stuff at night.
Sometimes it's hard on DDs because I feel like I need a little food to at least push it down and keep anything from sticking in my throat.

I have sort of simplified and don't buy anything that needs to be taken on an empty stomach or "30 minutes before a meal", because I end up forgetting!

I probably take some of my supplements 3 or 4 times a week instead of every day.

I have been out of a job for a while and felt like taking care of myself--getting my blood pressure and diabetes under control--was a part-time job! But a very worthwhile one!!! Sometimes when I'm mixing up all my stuff and making green tea etc, I wonder if I'll be able to keep up the routine when I get a job.

I may find out soon...yesterday I went to an interview at a health food store and today I worked 6 hours. Not sure if this is going to work out; it's a 30 mile commute each way (kinda normal for NJ though), only $10/hr, and the business was just sold to a new owner. So the store is VERY chaotic & disorganized & understaffed at the moment. But it may end up being a cool place to work....?
It sounds perfect for you! I hope it all works out. You will learn more great tips to share with us and hopefully you get a big discount. I did a 37 mile commute for 3 years. I couldn't stand it. Our rush hour traffic is HORRID!! I was so stressed that it did nothing good for my health. I hope you don't have to drive in awful traffic like that!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Ooh, PJ, that sounds right up your alley. I hope it works out and ends up being an enjoyable place to work!
Quote:
It sounds perfect for you! I hope it all works out. You will learn more great tips to share with us and hopefully you get a big discount. I did a 37 mile commute for 3 years. I couldn't stand it. Our rush hour traffic is HORRID!! I was so stressed that it did nothing good for my health. I hope you don't have to drive in awful traffic like that!
I really don't know...this would be the 6th time I've worked in a health food store! I think I've had enough!!!
It's a lot of time on your feet, and down on the ground stocking the bottom shelves, as well as mopping & all kinds of dirty work. Because unlike a big grocery store where people have more specific jobs, there are a lot of times there are only 2 or 3 people on duty, so everybody has to do everything.
Also, they would be hiring me to run the juice bar once things get going. Now, I must admit, I am an awesome cook (esp when it comes to vegetarian food) but a cooking job is never just cooking. It's standing all day and washing dishes and lugging around 50-lb boxes of produce. And getting yelled at any time something sells out (um, that's a GOOD thing, Boss! It means people like it!!!).
I feel like I'm ready to do a job that involves SITTING...

Sorry so off-topic, I just don't know what to do.
Oh, and it's a HORRIBLE commute!!! One of the busiest roads in New Jersey!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Jenny

It sounds to me like that isn't a job that is making you jump with glee, to say the least.

I've actually been thinking recently how much I would love to work at a health food store, lol -- I know how hard the work is, though. I have a lot of both retail and food service in my background, and it is pretty physically and emotionally challenging.

The commute would be the deal breaker for me on that one -- incredible the amount of stress one undergoes with a bad commute -- and you end up spending a lot of your income just coming and going....

I am wishing for the perfect job to come your way, NOW!

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Jenny

It sounds to me like that isn't a job that is making you jump with glee, to say the least.

I've actually been thinking recently how much I would love to work at a health food store, lol -- I know how hard the work is, though. I have a lot of both retail and food service in my background, and it is pretty physically and emotionally challenging.

The commute would be the deal breaker for me on that one -- incredible the amount of stress one undergoes with a bad commute -- and you end up spending a lot of your income just coming and going....

I am wishing for the perfect job to come your way, NOW!
That is SO true!! My horrid stressful commute literally was making me sick!! Plus I had to fill up the tank twice a week when the gas prices were over $4.50. PJ, I also wish the perfect job comes your way!!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

OK guys, I'm here with a question and bright idea regarding chlorophyll. If no one sees this I may start a new thread.

One of the brands I looked at on line said it was made from alfalfa. A few months ago my personal trainer preached to me about the benefits of taking alfalfa supplements. I bought some. The directions say to take 4 pills with each meal. They are green, round, scratchy pills (it's a texture thing).

I took them twice. Can't wrap my head around having to swallow yucky pills at mealtime. Ruins my meal.

So, today I looked at the jar sitting there right beside my jar of calcium. I thought maybe I should take them. Then I made this connection. If chlorophyll is made from alfalfa I should injest these.

Question: Do you think the alfalfa would be as effective as chlorophyll?? Beverly?? Anybody??

Then it occurred to me that if I could crush those grainy green alfalfa pills into powder, I could blend them into my water and drink it!!!

Then I remembered this small wooden antique utensil I have. It's definitely an antique handed down to us from my MIL who probably got it from her great-great-grandma. I digress. Just wanted to say we were never exactly sure what it was for. I thought, maybe a nut cracker??

I just realized it's an attached pestle and mortar!!!!! I put 4 alfalfa supplements in and crushed them to a fine powder, stirred it into my lemon water and now I'm drinking it.

As I said, my question is: Do you think this will be as good as liquid chlorophyll??

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-04-2012 at 03:47 PM..
Old 07-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OK guys, I'm here with a question and bright idea regarding chlorophyll. If no one sees this I may start a new thread.

One of the brands I looked at on line said it was made from alfalfa. A few months ago my personal trainer preached to me about the benefits of taking alfalfa supplements. I bought some. The directions say to take 4 pills with each meal. They are green, round, scratchy pills (it's a texture thing).

I took them twice. Can't wrap my head around having to swallow yucky pills at mealtime. Ruins my meal.

So, today I looked at the jar sitting there right beside my jar of calcium. I thought maybe I should take them. Then I made this connection. If chlorophyll is made from alfalfa I should injest these.

Question: Do you think the alfalfa would be as effective as chlorophyll?? Beverly?? Anybody??

Then it occurred to me that if I could crush those grainy green alfalfa pills into powder, I could blend them into my water and drink it!!!

Then I remembered this small wooden antique utensil I have. It's definitely an antique handed down to us from my MIL who probably got it from her great-great-grandma. I digress. Just wanted to say we were never exactly sure what it was for. I thought, maybe a nut cracker??

I just realized it's an attached pestle and mortar!!!!! I put 4 alfalfa supplements in and crushed them to a fine powder, stirred it into my lemon water and now I'm drinking it.

As I said, my question is: Do you think this will be as good as liquid chlorophyll??
Hi Yam Yam

Yes I do think alfalfa can be as effective. My liquid cholorphyll is made from alfalfa. Breaking down your tablets into a powder should help with assimilation. I am not sure what the equivalent would be- if 4 alfalfa tablets equals 1 Tablespoon of cholorphyll or not, but I don't think that matters. My mom used to make me take those tablets and they are tough to get down, aren't they? I think it should work great!! Alfalfa,is a super source of chlorophyll and the leaves have tons of calcium. My professor used to drink alfalfa in tea form.
Go for it!

Last edited by sungoddess; 07-04-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Old 07-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Yam Yam

Yes I do think alfalfa can be as effective. My liquid cholorphyll is made from alfalfa. Breaking down your tablets into a powder should help with assimilation. I am not sure what the equivalent would be- if 4 alfalfa tablets equals 1 Tablespoon of cholorphyll or not, but I don't think that matters. My mom used to make me take those tablets and they are tough to get down, aren't they? I think it should work great!! Alfalfa,is a super source of chlorophyll and the leaves have tons of calcium. My professor used to drink alfalfa in tea form.
Go for it!
Thank you! I'm just finishing up a 16 ounce glass of ice water with lemon juice squeezed in and the 4 crushed up alfalfa supplements. Not bad! Kind of refreshing tasting. And, YES, for some reason they are very hard to swallow whole! I might try to do it this way 3 times per day. Or, if I make a protein shake, I'll put the alfalfa powder in there. I'm feeling healthier already. Hugs to you my Budd!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you! I'm just finishing up a 16 ounce glass of ice water with lemon juice squeezed in and the 4 crushed up alfalfa supplements. Not bad! Kind of refreshing tasting. And, YES, for some reason they are very hard to swallow whole! I might try to do it this way 3 times per day. Or, if I make a protein shake, I'll put the alfalfa powder in there. I'm feeling healthier already. Hugs to you my Budd!
Right back at 'ya! I am feeling a good difference already from this mixture and my hives are finally gone!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Right back at 'ya! I am feeling a good difference already from this mixture and my hives are finally gone!
Awesome news!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
This is all very interesting! I'm hoping I get chlorophyll from all the leafy green veggies I eat each day. I can definitely see a difference since I started having at least one "big a** salad" each day, along with the fish.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
This is all very interesting! I'm hoping I get chlorophyll from all the leafy green veggies I eat each day. I can definitely see a difference since I started having at least one "big a** salad" each day, along with the fish.
You are for sure! Since chlorophyll is in green veggies, you are getting it!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Congrats Beverley! You go girl!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
You are awesome that you get your leafy greens in each day! You are a good role model. Not only are you getting chlorophyll, but all the other nutrients and enzymes that go with it. It is interesting because I was trying to look up the equivalents of liquid chlorophyll to how many veges I would need to get the full amount. I often take certain supplements because I know I can't get enough of the nutrient in what I eat alone. I couldn't find anything that said how many veges i would need to eat to get 3 tablespoons of chlorophyll a day.

I did read that one tablespoon of chlorella (the algae) has about the same nutritional value as 6-9 servings of fresh vegetables. I doubt I even get 6 servings of vegetables in a day much less green leafy ones. I am going to take a page out of your book and try adding some more leafy greens to my diet! I will do that along with my chlorophyll supplements for awhile. When doing HCG, I found that adding nice dark green fresh spinach to my smoothie was great because I couldn't taste it! I also was thinking of making the kale chips, but I heard baking them destroys some of the benefit and I am not liking raw kale. What other leafy greens do you eat in your salad?

I certainly could use the anti-aging benefits of chlorophyll at my age, and with people taking it to detox from radiation exposure, heavy metal exposure, pesticides, herbicides, etc., it should have just as good an effect on detoxing my fat as it breaks down!! Hope so any way.

My "nutritional relative" who talked to me about this said he is seeing improved mental clarity and memory improvement in his elderly mom. The only thing he changed in her diet was the chlorophyll. He originally started using it because he has tons of mercury fillings and he was using it to soak up the residual mercury that is given off in the mercury amalgam fillings.
The more research I am doing on chlorophyll, the more I think it is a great thing. Popeye ate lots of spinach, and he still looks the same as he did 50 years ago, so I think the anti-aging benefits work for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Congrats Beverley! You go girl!
Thanks for the shout out. I am doing a short bout of maintenance mode to give myself a small break from weight loss mode after my nice whoosh.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
You are for sure! Since chlorophyll is in green veggies, you are getting it!
Yeah!!

Quote:
You are awesome that you get your leafy greens in each day! You are a good role model. Not only are you getting chlorophyll, but all the other nutrients and enzymes that go with it. It is interesting because I was trying to look up the equivalents of liquid chlorophyll to how many veges I would need to get the full amount. I often take certain supplements because I know I can't get enough of the nutrient in what I eat alone. I couldn't find anything that said how many veges i would need to eat to get 3 tablespoons of chlorophyll a day.

I did read that one tablespoon of chlorella (the algae) has about the same nutritional value as 6-9 servings of fresh vegetables. I doubt I even get 6 servings of vegetables in a day much less green leafy ones. I am going to take a page out of your book and try adding some more leafy greens to my diet! I will do that along with my chlorophyll supplements for awhile. When doing HCG, I found that adding nice dark green fresh spinach to my smoothie was great because I couldn't taste it! I also was thinking of making the kale chips, but I heard baking them destroys some of the benefit and I am not liking raw kale. What other leafy greens do you eat in your salad?

I certainly could use the anti-aging benefits of chlorophyll at my age, and with people taking it to detox from radiation exposure, heavy metal exposure, pesticides, herbicides, etc., it should have just as good an effect on detoxing my fat as it breaks down!! Hope so any way.

My "nutritional relative" who talked to me about this said he is seeing improved mental clarity and memory improvement in his elderly mom. The only thing he changed in her diet was the chlorophyll. He originally started using it because he has tons of mercury fillings and he was using it to soak up the residual mercury that is given off in the mercury amalgam fillings.
The more research I am doing on chlorophyll, the more I think it is a great thing. Popeye ate lots of spinach, and he still looks the same as he did 50 years ago, so I think the anti-aging benefits work for him!
Hey Beverly, I only started focusing on veggies - particularly the leafy greans - around the end of April. I do think it has made a difference in how I look and feel. Thank you for the info on chlorophyl and greens, that's good to know.

I don't know if I always get 6 - 9 servings, but I do try to get at least 6 different veggies/fruits daily. Once you get used to that, it gets easier and easier to get even more. For example, start by counting that you had a carrot, some lettuce, berries, an apple, broccoli and onion (that's 6 and if you got more all the better) over the course of the day seems to lead to a "game" you might say, of getting in various fruits/veggies or getting in more of them.

I didn't like raw kale at first because of the touch of bitterness (not as much as collard greens I don't think, but still not a mild veg like spinach), but I adjusted by eating them in steps until I was acclimated.... I started out by cooking them in stir-fries or adding them to things I was cooking like scrambled eggs (since cooking takes any bitterness out of them). Then I found that I could eat them raw if I used salad dressing and tossed it thoroughly to coat the kale. I use about 2 T. dressing (evoo based) and just stir and massage it into the greens, and this dampens any bitterness for me. Along with anything else I throw into the salad, I have no problems with kale anymore. Now I can even munch on some of it plain, though I don't do that often.

I need to get an anchor tattoo and I'll look just like Popeye!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 07-09-2012 at 08:52 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #113

Quote:
It's got some interesting benefits, doesn't it? I am using DeSouza's liquid chlorophyll. I got it at Sprouts. I have seen it at Henry's Market too. I think you can find it at most vitamin stores.
I just finally found the DeSouza's and will be trying it tomorrow. Any idea on a calorie count, or should I just not worry about it?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just finally found the DeSouza's and will be trying it tomorrow. Any idea on a calorie count, or should I just not worry about it?
Cool! I don't worry about it, but that's just me. I deduct a standard 100 calories a day across the board for some of the supplements I take. I have been really happy with this stuff!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #115

I'm 2/3 of the way through my 16 oz water with 1 T chlorophyll, and 1 drop ez-sweetz. The taste is pleasant enough-reminds me of my childhood in the country surrounded by alfalfa fields.

I am feeling a bit off though, and I'm not sure if it's the chlorophyll or if I'm coming down with something. I felt fine before I started drinking it, but now have a racing heart and I had a moment where I got a tiny bit diaphoretic. This is odd because I take a beta blocker to keep my heart rate in check and don't usually have this kind of issue. I'm also getting a headache. I'll see what happens as the day progresses.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm 2/3 of the way through my 16 oz water with 1 T chlorophyll, and 1 drop ez-sweetz. The taste is pleasant enough-reminds me of my childhood in the country surrounded by alfalfa fields.

I am feeling a bit off though, and I'm not sure if it's the chlorophyll or if I'm coming down with something. I felt fine before I started drinking it, but now have a racing heart and I had a moment where I got a tiny bit diaphoretic. This is odd because I take a beta blocker to keep my heart rate in check and don't usually have this kind of issue. I'm also getting a headache. I'll see what happens as the day progresses.
Wow, hope you are okay! Maybe you are allergic to it. I haven't heard of heart racing, but have read some people could have an allergic reaction. I actually heard of people taking it to get rid of headaches. We all respond to things differently, so it is good you are watching this. Keep us posted!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
15 calories per tablespoon.

Gosh! Hope you are ok. Please report back in. I wonder if you should start with 1 teaspoon in 16 ounces of water. Could it be the combo of sweetener with it? I either just drink it in the water alone or squeeze in the juice of a quarter of a juicy lemon.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Now I'm all worried for you and have been looking up articles.

Here is a quote about symptoms if you end up being allergic to chlorophyll:

"
Allergic Reactions

An allergic reaction can occur from the plant the liquid chlorophyll is made from, a component of the supplement or a contaminant. The allergic response is a hypersensitive reaction to a foreign substance in the body. The immune system responds with the body's natural defense mechanisms to destroy the foreign substance. The allergic reaction can range from mild to severe. Symptoms to watch for include itching, the development of a rash, swelling on face, hands or neck, tingling sensation in the mouth, tightening of the throat and trouble breathing. Seek immediate medical attention for treatment."
Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #119

Thanks for the concern. I also looked up a bunch of articles about side effects and reactions, and I'm inclined to believe this is not related to the chlorophyll. I'm feeling better now, but I'll try it again in the morning and watch for any similar reaction.

I drank most of it without sweetener, and actually didn't even add the sweetener until it was about 1/2 gone, and I'd already had the racing heart and diaphoresis. I was more curious what it would taste like with the sweetener. I like it either way.

I tend to be cautious anyway because I reacted to Resveratrol, and there are several medications I have strong reactions to. Gosh, don't I just sound like a whuss?! I swear, ever since I had The Kid (as she's affectionately known in our house), I react to anything and everything! Blah.

I'm not giving up yet.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Star123
Stats: 208/190/128 @ 5`5"
WOE: moderate LC living
Start Date: Restart 08/2014
Hi, been on JUDDD for 3 weeks and lost 6 lbs. But today is my DD and I couldn`t resist some chocolate cake... that was staring at me at work. But I did think it out fist and deciced to have a very small 3"X 1" piece. It was so good! I savored it to the last bite. Hope it doesn`t interfere with my weightloss... as I`ve come to a plateau this week. But I need to watch my intake on the UP days now. What do you think or suggest?

Thanks
Tammy
Star123 is offline   Reply With Quote