Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Woohoo Beverly! 100 lbs is definitely a reason to PARTY ! I am celebrating with you today!

I have only tried the fat fast once when I did the egg fast and did not get the results that I have heard others post, but I did lose 1.5 lbs.

I will try this the next time I get stalled out. One question, out of curiosity, wouldn't the fat fast also work doing as it is written up to the 1200 calories for both UD & DD? Only reason I ask, is that 1200 calories is Dr. A's recommendation. You could then go back to rotation after a couple of 1200 calories days of FF?
Yes I am sure it would. I was just afraid of breaking my rotation. I think next time I will try it at the 1200 calories!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,789
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
BEVERLY!!!! I am SO glad you have a crazy relative!! I am so glad you are crazy enough to take his advice and, doing so, experience a whoosh and the expiration of the hunger monster! I am doing the Happy Dance all over the place.

I take liquid chlorophyll every day. So used to it I don't even think of it as a supplement anymore. I am going to enjoy reading the links you provided and seeing where they lead.

Oh golly, I am so happy for you!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,935
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Late, late, late to this thread my dear friend Beverley. What a great crowd of supporters here on JUDDD.

I am in France, and dealing with FILs funeral arrangements at a distance so haven't done more than look at my Subscribed Threads for days.

I am totally thrilled that you have had a hard won Whoosh

I don't know if I could have given any of this great advice but it has been so good for me to read it. You are such a vital part of the wonderful world that is JUDDD here on LCF.

I wonder if, when you began your Non Scale Victories thread, you knew you were going to provide a real lifeline for folks here?

Sorry not to have been here for you when you were so low, but delighted to see how much happier you are now.

100 lbs?
__________________
Cindy

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!
 
vilanteira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,067
Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Beverly, congratulations on the 100lb loss, and I'm so happy you've found some answers to your troubles! I'm not so good with advice-giving as I often am just as puzzled, so I'm always so thankful for all our wonderful JBs who leap to the rescue.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 6,370
Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
I am in complete awe of this thread. SO much caring!

And, I am in complete awe of you, Beverly. You're a hero!

104 pounds!!!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Wow!! Congratulations to you, 100 pounds is such an accomplishment!!

Thank you so much for posting the inflammation stuff (and the cure!). I had heard about the active endocrine aspect of fat cells, but nothing on what to DO about it!!

Lynne
Thanks Lynne. Now I wouldn't say this is a cure for inflammation. Perhaps it is another tool under the belt to deal with it, but maybe it wasn't the chlorophyll at all. You just never know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy for you!!!!!!
(now a newbie question: does fat fast mean no fat or only fat?)
90% fat is what you wat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Cool for you, Beverly!!!

PS--I have a bottle of chlorophyll; I'm going to start taking it!!!
It will be interesting to see if it has any impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Woohoo! So happy for you!
Is chlorophyll easy to find?
Ye, all health food stores have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
WTG, Beverly!!! Big congratulations to you, my bud!
Thanks my dear. I am a happy girl today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlyjo View Post
Wow. What an awesome thread. I just sat here and sllllooooowwwly read through the whole thing absorbing and learning and thinking and going AH-HA!

This should be a sticky thread. So I will at least bookmark it. So much support and love. So much great information!

I especially thank who? Soren? for the estrogen connection. I am probably perimenopausal at almost 45, definitely hypothyroid, and can see that I likely will have toxins and estrogen coming out as I lose. I don't think I am stalled already - just need to stick with the plan a bit better! But I think this thread is so invaluable.

Much love and to you all for your wisdom.
That's why brainstorming on these boards is so good. One thought leads to another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Wow. That is great to hear. I have hunger issues too and I have chlorophyll in my cupboard right now!


It didn't help much with that, but I will go back to taking it if it may help with the hunger. I thought about a fat fast type DD before I read your post, but decided to go with eggs since that would be considerably more food. Maybe I'll do a fat fast UD and see how it rolls from there. I'll need to get some coconut water, but it is super popular here now and it's everywhere. I have to get this hunger under control or I'll never make it.

It is so wonderful to hear about everyone else's experiences!
I hope it works. It may have just been the solution to whatever weirdness was going on in my body, but possibly it will help others too! I actually LOVE coconut water. It is such a good source of potassium. I could drink gallons, but since it has calories, I won't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
So glad you broke through! And congrats on 100+ pounds gone!

Just wanted to share a couple things from my visit with my naturopath this week.

With the inflammation symptoms you were experiencing along with the hunger, I'd suggest you give some thought to food allergy testing.

stores to feed your cells--so they are well and truly starving.

Just my thoughts from what I learned this week. I'm having a protein shake for breakfast on my dd's now to see how that goes.
Very interesting how far your cholesterol dropped. Awesome in fact. I did go through food allergy testing years ago. I will need to drag out the results, and I also had it when I went through the NAET series. i will have to give this some thought. Thanks for the valuable info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Wow, that is WONDERFUL news! So glad you found a solution, and I hope it works long term! Thanks so much for posting this -- it may be helpful to some of the rest of us, as well.
Maybe so. Usually someone else has a similar situation at some time to someone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Thanks! I'll be looking into it.
Let me know if it has any impact on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
BEVERLY!!!! I am SO glad you have a crazy relative!! I am so glad you are crazy enough to take his advice and, doing so, experience a whoosh and the expiration of the hunger monster! I am doing the Happy Dance all over the place.

I take liquid chlorophyll every day. So used to it I don't even think of it as a supplement anymore. I am going to enjoy reading the links you provided and seeing where they lead.

Oh golly, I am so happy for you!!
Crazy is good, huh? I am just glad that the raging hunger turned off. That was awful! How much do you take every day? What kind of impact do you think you have from it? Thank you for your ongoing support my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Late, late, late to this thread my dear friend Beverley. What a great crowd of supporters here on JUDDD.

I am in France, and dealing with FILs funeral arrangements at a distance so haven't done more than look at my Subscribed Threads for days.

I am totally thrilled that you have had a hard won

I don't know if I could have given any of this great advice but it has been so good for me to read it. You are such a vital part of the wonderful world that is JUDDD here on LCF.

I wonder if, when you began your Non Scale Victories thread, you knew you were going to provide a real lifeline for folks here?

Sorry not to have been here for you when you were so low, but delighted to see how much happier you are now.

100 lbs?
Oh my dear. I didn't realize this was going on for you. My heartfelt prayers are being sent your way. I am so sorry!! No, I didn't realize the NSV thread would continue for so long, but I knew what great value it held for me because I have been a slow loser in my life and always needed to switch focus to other good things going on. It has lifted my spirits on many a day. You are there as one of the biggest cheerleaders for all of us. You are such a blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Beverly, congratulations on the 100lb loss, and I'm so happy you've found some answers to your troubles! I'm not so good with advice-giving as I often am just as puzzled, so I'm always so thankful for all our wonderful JBs who leap to the rescue.
Thanks for coming to the party!! I SO appreciate it.

I will now be serving pizza at the party, so hope it is an up day for all of you!!
__________________
Good broth resurrects the dead. ~ South American Proverb
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,537
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
What WONDERFUL news for me to come home to! so happy for you Bev!

AND, I love the idea of the fat fast plus anti-inflammatory. Sounds totally do-able, and I know when I come back from my trip at the end of July/August, I'll probably need something like that. Very interesting about the chlorophyll and the coconut water AND how you did it JUDDD style.

I'd been following Dana C's blog and FB, and how after finishing her last cookbook, which was Paleo and a bit higher carb than she was used to, she did a multi-day fat fast to drop her weight. She came up with a lot of creative ideas to eat up her fat % (but didn't have a down day to contend with...).

I am SOOOO proud of you for breaking the 100lb mark, and also very encouraged that this is a sustainable WOE that does produce the results we want (weight loss) as well as other beneficial results (antiinflammatory, healthy relationship with food, etc).

more
S.
__________________
--Soren
New Blog post: Sweet Potato Souffle and Calamity Story http://justforkit.blogspot.com/2013/...-calamity.html

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 579
Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/155.6/149.8
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 20.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I will now be serving pizza at the party, .......
"Ok, if there's going to be food, I'll come."
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #69
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,033
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
:jump joy:

You are AMAZING!!!!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member
 
Buttercup204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 131
Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
So glad you broke through! And congrats on 100+ pounds gone!

Just wanted to share a couple things from my visit with my naturopath this week.

In Feb I was diagnosed with allergies to milk, eggs, sunflower, garlic, and cashew. Prior to this, I'd had a cholesterol screen and it was high. I removed the allergy foods and was just retested, and saw a 40 point drop in my total cholesterol (my hdl actually went up 2 points, so the drop was completely reflected in ldl).

My understanding on why this happens was--eating foods that you are sensitive/intolerant of/allergic to causes inflammation in the body. Inflammation is a signal that there is damage that needs repair. Cholesterol is the building block for every cell in your body, so when repair is needed, the liver produces cholesterol and sends it out to do it's work. (as an aside, inflammation also causes damage to arteries, which then attract cholesterol as bandaids to fix the damage, and this is how clots form. No damage, no clots). Removing those foods reduced my inflammation (as was evidenced by the values on my crp and sed numbers), thus reducing the NEED for the cholesterol, so the liver shut down production.

With the inflammation symptoms you were experiencing along with the hunger, I'd suggest you give some thought to food allergy testing.

2) I mentioned my JUDDD woe and he had no problem with the calorie cycling (I follow a primal woe with juddd). But I had been fasting on my DD's until lunch, and he said he'd prefer I not do that (even though he thinks IF is a great idea for healthy people). I am dealing with healing adrenal exhaustion, however. Fasting puts an additional load on the adrenals in this way--when blood sugar falls, and there is no food coming in to bring it up, the adrenals release cortisol, which signals the liver to release glycogen which is converted to glucose.

So if you are dealing with a bit of adrenal fatigue, fasting may be exacerbating the issue, and if your adrenals are seriously exhausted, you may not be able to produce what you need to even release the glycogen stores to feed your cells--so they are well and truly starving.

Just my thoughts from what I learned this week. I'm having a protein shake for breakfast on my dd's now to see how that goes.
This is really really interesting. I find I don't do well with fasting but I can actually successfully get through DDs without issues if I drink watered down protein shakes every couple of hours those days. It's the only reason this time I've finally stuck to JUDDD! I tried many different types of fasting and such and nothing kept the hunger monster at bay. Though I had some success fasting if I allowed myself coffee or tea with hwc throughout day. I wonder if adrenal fatigue is something I'm having issues with. I have trouble sleeping even without caffeine in my diet and on low carb I noticed I was never testing positive for ketosis in the mornings but fine the rest of the day. I was wondering if I had some form of prediabetes. My mother is diabetic so it's possible I have that tendency already. I was hypoglycemic as a teen (mostly reactive hypoglycemia) and it got worse the more carbs I ate as I grew up. Atkins eating helped with hypoglycemia but I toyed with getting a blood sugar meter to see my true numbers. Never did. It interests me about the concept of eating breakfast helping with adrenal fatigue? I should also probably watch my stress levels too huh? I have a very stressful job so perhaps that's making things worse. I'm going to start jogging again during my lunch break to see if that helps. It used to seem to help my insulin sensitivity. It also relieved a lot of stress. Hmmmm....
__________________
Life is better in Motion!
204(200 restart)197/165ish 5'10"
1st Mini-goal: 195
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,789
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Beverly, I started drinking a Tb or two of chlorophyll each day at the same time I started JUDDD. I do think it is an appetite suppressant for me ( now that this thread has made me think about it). I just tried it with lemon - verrrry interesting.

Chlorophyll may have helped me get some of my lovely NSVs. Since it coincides with JUDDD, I can't know. If there is a chance it did, I am definitely going to keep drinking it!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #72
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,935
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Beverley I've been reading up on Chlorophyll, may have to add it to my regime, it sound like a good supp. Which brand do you use?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Hey Beverly, I started drinking a Tb or two of chlorophyll each day at the same time I started JUDDD. I do think it is an appetite suppressant for me ( now that this thread has made me think about it). I just tried it with lemon - verrrry interesting.

Chlorophyll may have helped me get some of my lovely NSVs. Since it coincides with JUDDD, I can't know. If there is a chance it did, I am definitely going to keep drinking it!
So interesting! I am taking it with lemon still, but mixed with about 8 ounces of water and some EZSweet! It's like green lemonade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Beverley I've been reading up on Chlorophyll, may have to add it to my regime, it sound like a good supp. Which brand do you use?
I am using DeSouza's liquid chlorophyll because that is what they had at the store. I keep it refrigerated per the directions. I was just feeling hungry about an hour ago, and took my shot of the green stuff and now I am not feeling hungry. I am sure this won't work for everyone, since we are all different, but for the moment it is helping me. Another great side effect is this is a great internal body deodorizer!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,789
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Frequently I mix it into low sodium V8. And, on those rare times I remember smoothies, it works well there too.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #75
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,935
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks, I don't often have hunger pangs bad enough to worry me. (I take Reveratol) I am interested in the other benefits. A lot of the ones I've seen on the net mention mint flavours which I don't fancy.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
After reading this post yesterday, I started on chlorophyll myself -- my roommate had some of the ChlorOxygen, so I am trying that. I just put it in water and drank it -- it has a slightly wheatgrassy flavor, but wasn't unpleasant. It claims to have a "cool mint" taste -- but it didn't taste minty to me, at all.

I will get some of my own after I get paid. I'm also doing the acv/lemon/water, which is a staple for me in any event. Skipping the coconut water due to the carbs -- I'm doing a regular high fat/low carb plan (aiming for 20 carbs) starting today.
__________________
Rogue p2 cycling:

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,318
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sunday: Awesome! Just AWESOME!!!!! You are one smart BUDD who persevered, found a way and broke through!!!


Yam-Yam

Starting weight = 230
Current weight = 189
Goal weight = 180

Getting closer!

I'm down 41 pounds!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #78
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,033
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Now I'm interested in chlorophyll. I didn't catch what brand you're using or where you got it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!
 
Babsbabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,002
Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
I am so happy that you found some answers that worked for you! Thank you for the links on the benefits of taking chlorophyll and the party invite! Yeah for 100 extra pounds lost! That is fantastic!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,819
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Sunday: Awesome! Just AWESOME!!!!! You are one smart BUDD who persevered, found a way and broke through!!!


Yam-Yam

Starting weight = 230
Current weight = 189
Goal weight = 180

Getting closer!

I'm down 41 pounds!
LOL!!! Hi YamYam, It is Beverly who lost 100 lbs! I am WooHooing for her! Which I am sure you are too!!! Love ya Sister! I can't wait to get where you are!!! Oh, and it is Sunday today, so there you go!

Last edited by sunday; 07-01-2012 at 06:45 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Now I'm interested in chlorophyll. I didn't catch what brand you're using or where you got it.
It's got some interesting benefits, doesn't it? I am using DeSouza's liquid chlorophyll. I got it at Sprouts. I have seen it at Henry's Market too. I think you can find it at most vitamin stores.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,819
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
It's got some interesting benefits, doesn't it? I am using DeSouza's liquid chlorophyll. I got it at Sprouts. I have seen it at Henry's Market too. I think you can find it at most vitamin stores.
I am going to wait and watch all of you guinea pigs. I am taking a buttload of stuff right now and it is almost more than I can handle. Plus I think my brain food may be more crucial than a detox at this time.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!
 
mykidsteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,170
Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup204 View Post
This is really really interesting. I find I don't do well with fasting but I can actually successfully get through DDs without issues if I drink watered down protein shakes every couple of hours those days. It's the only reason this time I've finally stuck to JUDDD! I tried many different types of fasting and such and nothing kept the hunger monster at bay. Though I had some success fasting if I allowed myself coffee or tea with hwc throughout day. I wonder if adrenal fatigue is something I'm having issues with. I have trouble sleeping even without caffeine in my diet and on low carb I noticed I was never testing positive for ketosis in the mornings but fine the rest of the day. I was wondering if I had some form of prediabetes. My mother is diabetic so it's possible I have that tendency already. I was hypoglycemic as a teen (mostly reactive hypoglycemia) and it got worse the more carbs I ate as I grew up. Atkins eating helped with hypoglycemia but I toyed with getting a blood sugar meter to see my true numbers. Never did. It interests me about the concept of eating breakfast helping with adrenal fatigue? I should also probably watch my stress levels too huh? I have a very stressful job so perhaps that's making things worse. I'm going to start jogging again during my lunch break to see if that helps. It used to seem to help my insulin sensitivity. It also relieved a lot of stress. Hmmmm....
It does sound like a possibility. I slept HORRIBLY when I first went to the doc about this. If you do start running again, do it mildly, if that makes sense. Strenuous exercise is a stressor to our bodies as well. You might be better served to walk during your break for now. And you can get a Relion monitor at WM for around $10, and the strips for that machine are the lowest cost ones out there as well. It can give some really useful information to check your levels for a week or so.

Good luck with your sleuthing.
__________________
Tina--wife of 21 years and mom to 4 great kids. Paleo/primal since Aug 2011. Lost 20 pounds. Started JUDDD 1/13/12 to lose the last few and maintain for life.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,884
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Don't be skurred to try chlorophyll!!!
You're getting some anytime you eat broccoli, spinach, parsley, etc; it's what makes plants green.
Sometimes I've used it sort of as a way to make up for not getting enough green veggies. Personally, I've never had any strong detox effects from it.

It's in a lot of "breath fresheners" for pets.

The brand I have is World Organics, and I've seen it in a lot of health food stores over the years.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,580
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
OOh, I'm glad I stopped by this thread again and saw your 100 pound VICTORY, Beverly! I'm so happy for you!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,789
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
How long, or how often, are you planning to eat this way? Your relative said two days. Was it two days and done? Two days a week? A month?

Okay, I got my coconut water, fresh lemons, and a new bottle of chlorophyll. I'm always ready for a fat fast (started this journey with EFGT).

Additional anti-inflammatory improvements, here I come!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,819
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
How long, or how often, are you planning to eat this way? Your relative said two days. Was it two days and done? Two days a week? A month?

Okay, I got my coconut water, fresh lemons, and a new bottle of chlorophyll. I'm always ready for a fat fast (started this journey with EFGT).

Additional anti-inflammatory improvements, here I come!
Most fat fasts are for 2-3 days tops. Nancy, I am interested in seeing how you do, keep us updated! I have been doing paleo and efgt on UD, but never thought about taking a couple days and trying to do FF. I am confused about lowering the calories of FF on DD, but it worked for Bev so might as well!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #88
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,935
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I totally adore coconut water and have only recently been able to buy in the UK. It reminds me of my youth in the tropics. (May have had a little rum involved!)
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I am going to wait and watch all of you guinea pigs. I am taking a buttload of stuff right now and it is almost more than I can handle. Plus I think my brain food may be more crucial than a detox at this time.
I know! It is hard to know what to take. This may have only worked specific to what was going on with me anyway and maybe it was just time for a whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Don't be skurred to try chlorophyll!!!
You're getting some anytime you eat broccoli, spinach, parsley, etc; it's what makes plants green.
Sometimes I've used it sort of as a way to make up for not getting enough green veggies. Personally, I've never had any strong detox effects from it.

It's in a lot of "breath fresheners" for pets.

The brand I have is World Organics, and I've seen it in a lot of health food stores over the years.
PJ, I would love to see your schedule in the day for taking all the supplements you take. The dirt, and glut, and tumeric etc. I take a lot too, but getting them all in and with the proper is hard- with food, not with food, not mixing certain ones together. Do you have a written schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
OOh, I'm glad I stopped by this thread again and saw your 100 pound VICTORY, Beverly! I'm so happy for you!
Thanks so much. Hope it sticks! Thanks for always being there to cheer me on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
How long, or how often, are you planning to eat this way? Your relative said two days. Was it two days and done? Two days a week? A month?

Okay, I got my coconut water, fresh lemons, and a new bottle of chlorophyll. I'm always ready for a fat fast (started this journey with EFGT).

Additional anti-inflammatory improvements, here I come!
Yes, it was for two days and done as far as the fat fast goes.If I get stuck again, I will try another 2 days. As Sunday said, it is usually 2-3 days that people do it. I actually found it enjoyable. You don't have to do it a an up day and down day. That is just how I choose to try it. Some people advise against it unless you are very metabolically resistant, but I find 2-3 days of it is nothing to worry about. I am sticking with the lemon and chlorophyll though for an extended period to see how it helps the 'ol liver process my fat! Also, I am loving the coconut water and I really feel I need a good source for potassium that is less calories than the avocados (which I will still eat of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Most fat fasts are for 2-3 days tops. Nancy, I am interested in seeing how you do, keep us updated! I have been doing paleo and efgt on UD, but never thought about taking a couple days and trying to do FF. I am confused about lowering the calories of FF on DD, but it worked for Bev so might as well!
Paleo is such a good way of eating. I think shaking things up now and again is a good thing. It did work and I am so happy. So far the hungry beast hasn't come back and neither has the weight. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I totally adore coconut water and have only recently been able to buy in the UK. It reminds me of my youth in the tropics. (May have had a little rum involved!)
You and me both. There is something luscious and silky about it. The one I am drinking now, because it was on sale, is 11 carbs per 8 ounces, but since I am eating moderate carb and not low, it fits in fine .Drinking it on a down day actually makes me feel better shortly after drinking it. I tend to have problems assimilating minerals in tablet form and this liquid form of getting some minerals helps. Oh now you have me wanting a pina colada!! Rum equals yum! I actually had a really good down day yesterday. Glad you can get it in the UK. I will let my goddaughter know that!

Last edited by sungoddess; 07-02-2012 at 07:49 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #90
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,935
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh Beverley, how lovely that you have a Goddaughter in the UK. Now I am digging into my memory, did you say she works for Coast? I do forget more easily these days, what do I take for that? CoEnzyme Q10? LOL.

I am getting the coconut water in Waitrose stores.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.