Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I still "feel" fat

I know that I have lost all the weight that I wanted to lose plus a couple of pounds, but sometimes I still feel big. My mind hasn't caught up with my body yet. Sometimes I actually have to look naked in the mirror to confirm that my body has indeed changed, and changed quite a lot. I am very little and small boned and the extra pounds were very unflattering on my frame. Some gals can carry some extra and still look fabulous, but I could not. I have put away my huge sweats and switched over to my smaller better fitting clothes in an attempt to see the newer me, but in my head I'm just not there yet. This is a first for me. Before if I've lost weight I felt thinner, but this time I had gained more than ever before. I had been very very Sick after an accident and recovery was a two year process and I tend to be an emotional eater. Do any of you feel like this, where your brain hasn't quite caught up with you new body, or newer body?
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
well you don't look fat, so you got that going for you...
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Well, i sort of feel like that. I havent lost all my weight, but am noticing a difference even with 2.4kg in my skinny jeans. Still, though, although i feel better i still have a little ways to go to want to wear a slim fitting top with jeans. But at least you did it, and your mind will catch up, trust me.
Have i read somewhere it took about 3 months for you to lose? maybe it will take that long for the mind to catch up?
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I think I'll always feel fat. I still have quite a bit to lose, so I AM still fat, and I feel it! However, people often tell me I look great and that I don't need to lose much more. The thing for me is, I've been to both extremes. When I was 18, I was 106 @ 5'10" and knew I was too thin, but didn't "feel" thin. My all time high was 299 (when I went into the hospital to have Keira, so some of that was her). When I try to be objective, I think 175 on my frame would be good. But honestly, when I was 175, I felt fat. I just don't know where I'll end up. Probably somewhere between 135-160ish.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Wow, 106 lbs on your frame is quite slim. You'll know when you get to that place and i dont think it will be a number you see but how you feel at whatever number it is.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Muf, I think what you are going through is totally normal. Look on other forums, that feeling 'I know I am not but I feel fat, I see myself with fat eyes' comes up over and over. With time, as you maintain your weight you will adjust.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I've spent more of my life being fat than I have being a normal size and just a few short years in early adolescence being thin, so being thin is a strange concept for me. I still feel fat most of the time, but I'm trying to convince myself and see that I am thin. I keep hoping my self image catches up, so I definitely understand.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
I hear you, Muff. I'm close to goal but still don't like what I see in the mirror. I look flabby and have a little belly which I can't seem to get rid of. I know that I'll never have the body of an 18 year old again, but I'm nevertheless disappointed. When clothed I look great, but I won't settle for that. I may try to lower my goal by a few lbs to see if there's any difference.

Good Luck,
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I am still fat, but I don't think the 30+ pounds that I have lost have really registered. So, I get it, but you look great in your photo!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I think it takes your mind quite a while to catch UP with your body! Clothes are loose, the scale is down....YOU ARE SMALLER! Just keep reminding yourself!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yellobrix
Stats: 199/175/150
WOE: Tweaking & Discovering
Start Date: Over & Over... 'Til I Get It Right!
Not just those of us who carry too much fat, but most women I think have difficulty with body image. Women with anorexia feel fat. It's so strange for me, because I actually don't feel fat. The shocker comes when I catch myself in a photograph, and I am just amazed - the camera does not lie and OMG, look at that! I'm FAT! And I've had the opposite problem, in that once I lost a bunch of weight on the "bad break-up diet" and I was unaware of it, until a very honest co-worker (in an upscale department store) pointed out that my clothing looked awful because everything was hanging on me. So basically, I have a lack of body awareness that is not actually helpful.
Yellobrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Yes, those photos don't lie. I can deny in my mind being overweight all I want to but then I see a photo and it is there in living color. Right now I feel comfortable. I am not oeverweight nor am I thin. I am at a happy place for me but then I haven't seen a full length photo yet. Might need to get DH to take one so I can "see" if I need to lose more.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
Stats: 147/142/140
WOE: JUDDD
I went from nearly 200 pounds to 135 pounds 16 years ago, I've somehow managed to keep nearly all that weight off. Sometimes I'll fall off the wagon by several pounds (several = 10, lol) but all in all I can't complain. I'm able to get a grip on myself and take weight off again. BUT..... in my mind I have always, and think will always, be the 200 pound girl. Its so weird! I know I'm at about an average weight but my brain says different. I know that I'm at my happiest at 138 pounds and that's where I'm headed but there will be days where the bigger girl in my mind will still talk to me. I dislike her a lot, lol.
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yep, I've been in maintenance since mid-April, and I still feel fat. One thing that helped was when I was in the show this summer, there was a lady in it that I think looked GREAT, and was about my age. It slowly dawned on me that we were about the same height/weight/shape as well (although I do have a bit more tummy, and she had way more up top than I do, lol). But that helped me to 'normalize' my body image based on how I judge others.

Your brain will catch up. And it may be that you need a time of exercise to tone up and that will help too. (((hugs))) Be gentle with yourself as you settle into maintenance. It is quite a mental adjustment to go from a 'need to lose xxx more pounds' to 'I don't need to lose anymore weight'. Especially if you've been trying to lose for years, like I had been (sometimes it was only those last 5 pounds, sometimes 30, but I've needed to lose something for most of my adult life).
Old 06-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Damazon
Stats: 234/220/190
WOE: JUDDD Primal
Start Date: April 2012
For me, pictures don't lie. Recent photos is what got me started on Judd, and the last time I lost a bunch of weight it took several pictures for me to realize I was at a good weight for my height, and that I looked great. Maybe time for some full body pictures to help drive the success home?

Alternating between 'lookin' good today' and 'omg how loooong is this going to take, I feel sooooo huuuuuge'.That is my own personal weight loss brand of crazy. Talk about ups and downs!

I would echo what was said earlier, gently, gently with yourself. It may take some time but you ARE there. Well done and enjoy the best you can!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- Mark Twain
Damazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
When i was in my 30s and very ill with ulcerative colitis i weighed in at around 120lbs - i'd come down from 168lbs but i can say that i didn't feel thin, however when i look back on photos of that time i think, argh i was so skinny! I think as a lot of people have said your mind needs time to catch up, i'm sure it will do - just keep reminding yourself how good you look now and revel in being able to wear your skinny, fitted clothes
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Funny how that works, and both ways.
When I first got heavy (it was RAPID gain) I couldn't adjust to the mental picture of me bigger. It was always a shock to see how big I was.
Now, sometimes I feel thinner for a while when I lose some, then it seems like I make a mental adjustment and go back to feeling really pudgy.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
You are all really the best Buddds ever! GhostFace you cracked me up
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maerow
Stats: 185/137/130
WOE: Low carb - various plans
Start Date: July 2005 (low carb)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
I went from nearly 200 pounds to 135 pounds 16 years ago, I've somehow managed to keep nearly all that weight off. Sometimes I'll fall off the wagon by several pounds (several = 10, lol) but all in all I can't complain. I'm able to get a grip on myself and take weight off again. BUT..... in my mind I have always, and think will always, be the 200 pound girl. Its so weird! I know I'm at about an average weight but my brain says different. I know that I'm at my happiest at 138 pounds and that's where I'm headed but there will be days where the bigger girl in my mind will still talk to me. I dislike her a lot, lol.
Wow...it's like I just found a twin sister. Your story is the same as mine. I was happy....enough at 135. I am slowly getting back there (that 10lbs is miserable isn't it, I fight the same thing!) but I really hope JUDD will get me down to 125...I may be crazy though... I have never been there before, but I have enough fat I think to get there. We will see.
Maerow is offline   Reply With Quote