Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hey Dawn, I can't post the link to the website that can direct you to the best doctor in your area, but I will tell you what to google to get there! Google~ stop the thyroid madness. They have doctors all over the US and Canada who are known to prescribe only natural thyroid such as armour. I was so desperate for help when I first began to look for someone to get my meds changed. There is a great group on here that I have learned so much from that only discuss thyroid and they are the ones that directed me. I have my numbers at the office and will report back with my numbers but I have battled my thyroid issues for the last 4 years and finally I feel normal again. Maybe better than I did before it went south! Also, my armour thyroid is only $10 without insurance, so it is much cheaper than synthroid.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh and if you go here...
Thyroid - Low Carb Friends

Which you may already have been, there are some very experienced LCFs who do know how to advise as well. Leo41 who is one of our experienced JUDDDers is one of the ones who knows a lot and is over there quite a bit.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Thanks Sunday. I've been to both stopthethyroidmadness and I periodically check the LCF thyroid forum--and have had wonderful advice from Leo on both thyroid and JUDDD. I'll have to revisit the STTM site because I wasn't able to figure out how to find a dr. in my area.

I was going to get a copy of my labs yesterday when I picked up my new scrip but they were closing, so I'll try to get it sometime this week.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I will tell you that I love my MD, but I had to prod her to test and look for the thyroid issues that I knew had to be a problem and I used the info that I got from both sites in order to guide her. She did not mind prescribing Naturethroid or Armour and even said that she had more women requesting these two than any other.

Also, when I was waiting for the results and did not have my armour yet, I was suggested by someone else on LCF to try the NOW brand of Thyroid Energy. I can't tell you enough how much this helped me! It has great reviews on Amazon and Netrition for thyroid natural assistance. I wish you the best, it is horrible to suffer with low thyroid and is so important for daily health!

NOW Thyroid Energy
Old 06-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #65

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Thanks Sunday. I've been to both stopthethyroidmadness and I periodically check the LCF thyroid forum--and have had wonderful advice from Leo on both thyroid and JUDDD. I'll have to revisit the STTM site because I wasn't able to figure out how to find a dr. in my area.

I was going to get a copy of my labs yesterday when I picked up my new scrip but they were closing, so I'll try to get it sometime this week.
I just found a nurse practitioner that focuses on womens' health and is knowledgeable in thyroid issues by calling local pharmacies and asking which doctors prescribe Naturethroid or Armour. 1 pharmacy wouldn't give me any info but the other 2 I called both gave me the same NP's name. So, I thought I'd give her a shot. She spent a whole hour with me and I loved her! I wasn't taking anything before because the 2 doctors I've seen said we'd just keep an eye on things because I wasn't having major symptoms even though my TSH was 8.17. The NP started me on Naturethroid and is also ordering me a thyroid lab kit to test other things besides just TSH & FT4 (the only things the docs would test).
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
I just found a nurse practitioner that focuses on womens' health and is knowledgeable in thyroid issues by calling local pharmacies and asking which doctors prescribe Naturethroid or Armour. 1 pharmacy wouldn't give me any info but the other 2 I called both gave me the same NP's name. So, I thought I'd give her a shot. She spent a whole hour with me and I loved her! I wasn't taking anything before because the 2 doctors I've seen said we'd just keep an eye on things because I wasn't having major symptoms even though my TSH was 8.17. The NP started me on Naturethroid and is also ordering me a thyroid lab kit to test other things besides just TSH & FT4 (the only things the docs would test).
I agree! These thyroid issues are the areas that most MD's are not aware of and do not understand in depth. Great idea about calling the pharmacy. I have one small town pharmacy that is a compounding pharmacy and they are the best with this kind of info. The pharmacist is so knowledgeable about compounding natural BHRT that I was recommended to see him by my NP. She used him and received immediate relief!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #67

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I asked at my pharmacy and they wouldn't give me any information. That's one of the things Leo advised me I could do. I haven't tried calling around though. That's next on my list. I'm not opposed to a NP either. I've had really good experiences with them.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also, if you can look online for the pharmacies that advertise compounding natural BHRT because they are usually very familiar with Thyroid and the doctors that are most popular with prescribing. Don't know if there is a specific reason for this, but I have noticed when I did my research?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@WOW - so much good information on this thread. Thank you all so so much!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I lost over 100 lbs doing JUDDD--and had a MD every week--as Dr. J advises for those who want to keep their DDs to specific days.

It is very much 'doing JUDDD.' Dr. J also advises against working out on DDs, which is why I set my rotation the way I did. I also knew it would be much easier for me to manage if I had specific days of the week as DDs, rather than different ones each week.

It worked well for me, and if others prefer to do the strict rotation, that's their choice. But mine is also a valid "JUDDD" choice.

I lost steadily with no stalls. A MD is not an aberration; it is included as part of "doing JUDDD" for those who wish to maintain a set schedule for DD/UD.
Yes. To quote Dr. J. on this FAQ on page 243 of his book - "Many people find it easiest to do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as down days and make either Saturday or Sunday or both up days. This works well and clearly maintains activation of the anti-inflammatory process." There is more to the answer as well. I love the book. All of my questions have been answered in it.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #71

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I asked at my pharmacy and they wouldn't give me any information. That's one of the things Leo advised me I could do. I haven't tried calling around though. That's next on my list. I'm not opposed to a NP either. I've had really good experiences with them.
Yes, definitely call around. I was surprised when the one said they couldn't give any info but the other 2 gave it up with no problem. It was the only way I was going to find a good doctor because no one else I know around my area has thyroid issues.

As for the MD, I have always done one on the weekend. Even when I first started JUDDD a year and a half ago (I wish I would've stayed on it!) I did a MD. And I almost won the weight loss challenge at work! I guess maybe I would've won if I wasn't doing the MD but I came in 2nd to a guy so I don't feel too bad about it! Anway, I like to keep my schedule constant so I like the MD. I will be honest though and say that I think a lot of my MD's turned into mild UD's (not sure because I don't count calories except for DD's). But I think I still lost at a decent rate.

If I have to adjust a diet to work for me so that I stick to it then so be it.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote