Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdennysgirl
Question about first week

This is my first week and today is my 3rd DD. I didn't count calories but I am quite certain I went over my 500 that I was trying to stay at. I am guessing I went over maybe double that. Anyhow tomorrow is supposed to be an UD but since I messed up today should I go back to another DD? Thanks for your help everyone!
jdennysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennysgirl View Post
This is my first week and today is my 3rd DD. I didn't count calories but I am quite certain I went over my 500 that I was trying to stay at. I am guessing I went over maybe double that. Anyhow tomorrow is supposed to be an UD but since I messed up today should I go back to another DD? Thanks for your help everyone!
Heck no! You go enjoy an UD! We all have done this! It is going to be okay and welcome to JUDDD!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
LOVE that answer!
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Lol! I love that answer too! Just scared to do it!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Start Date: 4/29/13
Yup BTDT just continue rotations.
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I have no clue what your UD calorie level is, but mine is 1700, so half of my 1700 is 850 and that is still considered optimal JUDDD. The very high end, but it works with JUDDD in emergencies, such as you stated.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Arlene BTDT?
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
"Been There, Done That"
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vanessa, Been There Done That!

Also Jdennysgirl, It is best never to have 2 DD simultaneously.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! An UD it is, but a sensible one!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Thanks girls
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Nancy's Rules Of DDs

Rule One: Rotations

If you have a big event coming up and arranged your rotation to make sure UD falls on that big event, just keep on the rotation.

If your rotation is flexible and you ate very very close to (or over) UD calories, have a DD the next day. By very close I mean within two or three hundred calories of UD.

If your rotation is flexible and you ate too much but you did not come within 300 calories of UD, stay on rotation.

Rule Two: Reasons

Sometimes, usually those big, special events, you may give yourself permission to exceed DD or UD calories. That is part of the magic of JUDDD - once in awhile, you can party down.

But, if big events happen so frequently that they seriously slow or stall progress, and whenever you exceed DD or UD calories when you did not plan to; think about it and understand why you did it. Do you have trigger foods? Was this stress eating? How will you handle this in the future?

This knowledge is part of preparing for a long and successful maintenance.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. I have decided to make today a MD sticking to around 1100 calories. Tomorrow will be my UD and I am going to basically eat what I want but also count the calories to see where I stand as far as being close to the 1730 calories the calculator says I should have. Monday back to DD and Tuesday first week weighin. I am going to try this and see what happens. If there is no loss I will tweak my schedule and go to a DD UD rotation and leave out the MD. What do you all think of this plan?
Old 06-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 50by60
Stats: 263/195/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/4/11
I ruined my first DD yesterday...did not plan well, had no food until 5 P.M. and it was my first JUDDD day coming off of LC/ATKINS. So today is my first DD, well planned and from which I will not deviate. I just can not fathom eating over 20 carbs per day. I have lived the LC life so long that it is making me afraid and making me feel guilty to imagine eating any food item that has not been a staple for so long. I realize now that I have been doing JUDDD for a long time and did not know it. When I over did the LC foods one day, I did not eat the next. It was close to fasting and lowering my calories to 500 without my knowing it. The best thing I ever did was take myself off of flour, corn, potatoes, bread, and sugar. Within three days I was no longer on meds for asthma or pain in my knee and hip. It was a miracle. The 7 doctors who were telling me there was no reason I was sick for so long when they could find no true illness...I coughed and was stuffy for 6 months. I had so many tests and took so many medications to function that I decided it had to be my lifestyle. I took control and boy did it ever make a difference. This baffles the doctors. They think my oversized tummy was pushing my lungs and causing GERD. But I know it was the carbs and perhaps the glutein making me ill. How wonderful to realize JUDDD is helping others and that ASTHMA symptoms are all but eliminated when the diet is low carb friendly.

Last edited by 50by60; 06-23-2012 at 08:09 AM..
50by60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tag425
Stats: 160/127/120
WOE: JUDDD since 5/12
Start Date: Hcg 4/12. JUDD 5/12
My experience with MD is this messed up my weight for more than 1 week. I bounced up 3.5lbs and it took me about 10 days of keeping with strict DD UD rotations to get back on track. I never want to do this again. But everyone is different. I am sure others will chime in with how this works for them. I do better with sticking to rotations, if I go over by a few hundred calories on DD, it usually does not give much of a gain, and it usually is gone after my next DD.
Tag425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag425 View Post
My experience with MD is this messed up my weight for more than 1 week. I bounced up 3.5lbs and it took me about 10 days of keeping with strict DD UD rotations to get back on track. I never want to do this again. But everyone is different. I am sure others will chime in with how this works for them. I do better with sticking to rotations, if I go over by a few hundred calories on DD, it usually does not give much of a gain, and it usually is gone after my next DD.
This is what happened with my one and only MD in the past 5 months. Won't be doing them again. I will just plug along with DD/UD rotations.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag425 View Post
I stalled out as well doing a MD, which I consider MD the number in between 20% and UD number so for me it is 1033. I just won't do them.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I allow 1 MD a month and only if I need it to change my rotation. I used it 2 days ago, because I had to have lunch out for business purposes yesterday and figured it would be an UD no matter what I did so switched up my rotation by using my 1x per month MD. The first 2 months I was too scared to try it so stuck with my rotations. I was told when using a MD to change rotation to do the following DD, MD, UD, DD and so on. It was suggested to go small, medium, large and then back into rotation. JUDDD BUDDDS are great and always answered my questions so
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Ok, thanks again everyone. That sucks though. I was really hoping I could do Mon. Wed. and Fri. DDays, Sat. MD, and Tue, Thur. and Sun. UDays. Looks like I am going to have to recalculate!!!!