Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I am combining JUDD with Leangains IF. I never eat before noon and my eating window is 8 hours. I do have coffee with 1 T of cream in the morning though.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Damazon
Stats: 234/220/190
WOE: JUDDD Primal
Start Date: April 2012
Currently fast until 3 or 4 on DD, with my goal being eating supper only. Another few weeks and I bet I will be there. Usually not hungry until around 2.

Last Sunday tried an full day fast, broke fast Monday am. Not a proper fast per se as I sip coffee with 1/2 tsp of coconut cream all day, as well as water. I am sticking with this for a few weeks.

Looking to secure weight loss, reduce inflammation related symptoms.

Thanks for the great thread!

D
Damazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LightlyStarched
I'm happy so far! Fasted all day yesterday. And I was rewarded with a 221 on the scale this morning. This is the lowest I've been since May 1 (222.4). And now I have two up days.

This is going sound odd.... I had the easiest fast day yesterday...hardly even felt hungry. I did spend lots of time laying down yesterday. We went to the library in the morning and I got a great pile of books to read. Then dh took the kids out to the mall and lego store and I just lay in bed and read. I don't seem to get hungry laying down. I'll have to play with that and see if it continues to hold true. During the summer I can laze a lot on the couch! Once school starts it will be a bit harder.
LightlyStarched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I tried complete fasting on DD but it didn't help me lose any more. I now do a Fast-5 on my DD and that helps. I hold off eating anything until late afternoon or evening and eat my DD calories in a five hour window. I found that when I eat earlier I want to eat all day long and have miserable DD.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
^^
I think a lot of us do better fasting most of the day.
Have you counted how many hours of fast you are getting in, from when you stop eating the night before until your down day meal?

I don't know either that it helps to lose more fully fasting than doing down day levels. Think I am looking more for additional healing benefits.

My weight will NOT go down, I am actually up about 3-6 from last low weight, depending on day. So I really want to focus on my health issues as I assume that my endocrine system is up to something. PCOS, perimenopause, blah blah blah. I'm following rotations pretty well, eat clean, exercising pretty regularly. Trying to keep my eyes on life goals not the stupid scale. I think I may even take July off as a scale-free month.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
No full fasts here, but I don't eat until 6-7pm every single DD, and the only thing I have is 16 oz of black tea or herbal tea with nothing added in the morning, along with 1T EVCO on DDs. I also don't eat until around 1pm every UD.

I'm definitely one whose appetite starts roaring the minute I put food in my mouth, and small amounts of food spread out throughout the day or a snacking-style of eating just makes me feel hungry all the time so I like delaying the time I break my fast until as late as possible. Feeling satiated at night also helps me sleep a lot better.

Last edited by vilanteira; 06-25-2012 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: forgot about my 1T EVCO on DD mornings
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I really don't think my doing a 24 hour fast from B to B is helping with weightloss per se but it sure is helping me to stop obsessing about food. I brought my lunch today and other than the avocado it is what I was eating on DD's for lunch. Previously I would have spent last night planning all of the things I could have today. Never even thought about what to take for lunch today until I was ready to leave for work. Now that is progress for me.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Same here. As soon as I eat something it wakes up the hungry monster inside! Makes me wonder how many innocent people follow the "experts" instructions when they recommend eating 5-6 small meals a day. If I did that, I would never stop eating!

On DDs I have coffee in the morning and then water and iced tea or lemon water. If my stomach is growling really loud, I pop an egg white or a whole hard boiled egg in and that will quiet my tummy and keep me satisfied.

Like you, I can't go to sleep if I'm truly hungry and my stomach is empty. So, I try to have something like half a cup of yogurt or a glass of FF milk right before bed time.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I really don't think my doing a 24 hour fast from B to B is helping with weightloss per se but it sure is helping me to stop obsessing about food. I brought my lunch today and other than the avocado it is what I was eating on DD's for lunch. Previously I would have spent last night planning all of the things I could have today. Never even thought about what to take for lunch today until I was ready to leave for work. Now that is progress for me.
I like this a lot, Adi. One of my priorities should be to NOT obsess about food! You gave me something to think about. You made me realize that on DDs when I am successful at not eating until very late in the day, I just stop thinking about food except when I have to prepare DH's meals. And, if I'm not eating that day, I find I can be pretty un-affected by getting his food ready unless it's something I really, really love to eat.

Overall, I have found that JUDD is healing my relationship with food. I just don't worry so much about it whether it's an UD or a DD. That just NEVER happened on LC. I fretted and planned and suffered just about daily, even though I was losing weight when I was doing any LC plan.

So glad I stumbled across the JUDD WOL!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yellobrix
Stats: 199/175/150
WOE: Tweaking & Discovering
Start Date: Over & Over... 'Til I Get It Right!
My DD's tend to be essentially liquid and near-fasting. B'fast is a protein shake, which really sustains me through the day. Then I have 12 oz coffee with a heavy dose of cream, and that's followed with water for the rest of the day.

I also find it easier just not to eat at all. I really don't feel hungry or dizzy - more just energetic, sometimes to the point of jumpy.
Yellobrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Damazon
Stats: 234/220/190
WOE: JUDDD Primal
Start Date: April 2012
Wow. I hope I can go there Adi/Yam Yam as I completely obsessed yesterday. From about 3pm until bedtime with the exclusion of TV time. Bacon, salmon lunch, what to have for supper....

I think it comes with the "I won't have it now, but tomorrow I will" thinking that gets me through. Especially bacon. Someday I won't be so focused on food but right now I hope this is part of improving my relationship with food thing. Maybe it is helping me appreciate the food I choose to eat instead of endlessly munching away. Only time will tell I suppose.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- Mark Twain
Damazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Down three of my six up pounds after focusing more on really fasting on down days. Doesn't necessarily mean anything. We shall see as the week finishes out.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
You can do it!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 415redhead
Stats: 136
WOE: BBD
Start Date: January 2012
Vegetable juice fast

Hi-I don't post too much, but wanted to add that I vegetable fast on DD's (blend all sorts of greens in blender, plug nose, and gulp 3 times a day). In addition to lost of vitamin c, d, and other supplements per the routine I found on this web site (http://www.doctoryourself.com/)-it really allows me to eat whatever I want on up days.
415redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeenieX
Stats: 180/173/150 5'9"
Start Date: 6/14/2012
I tried fasting yesterday and I just had to eat. I did keep it down too 300 cal though. Doesn't help that I have three sons who eat all day either. :P
LeenieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415redhead View Post
Hi-I don't post too much, but wanted to add that I vegetable fast on DD's (blend all sorts of greens in blender, plug nose, and gulp 3 times a day). In addition to lost of vitamin c, d, and other supplements per the routine I found on this web site (http://www.doctoryourself.com/)-it really allows me to eat whatever I want on up days.
Just want to mention that you need a little fat to absorb some of the vitamins in veggies.

There have been some studies on salads + fat-free vs fat-containing dressings, but I imagine it would apply to juicing as well.

If you take any supplements like flax oil or fish oil, take them with your drink and that might cover it. If not, maybe add a little oil or handful of walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.

BTW, blending a chunk of lemon (with a little bit of the peel) into a green drink can add a wonderful flavor. Or think of your green drink as a soup and add things like garlic, ginger, parsley or cilantro, some sort of hot sauce, even a little soy sauce or salt!
2014:
6/29 282.8
7/07 280.2
7/09 277.8
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i was stuck for about a month.. and in part i think my body was taking a break.. but .. in the mean time my usual down days were just water and coffee.. so i mixed things up for about three weeks.. i ate on down days,, one meal,, and then i also ate about 1500 of my 1900 calories.. after playing with that for a while my scale( and body) decdied it was time to take off again,, so i am back to not eating on DD and i actaully feel the best when i dont eat,, how weird is that ???
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hikergurl
Stats: 5'11" 208/162/165
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/31/11
Subscribing.
hikergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
First of all, I love and miss you guys. I am so crazy busy with work that I've been slacking off with JUDDD and the forum...

I am attempting another restart! I should seriously have a restart button on my belly somewhere. Anyways to answer your question:

I have found that I NEED to fast on my DD because just tasting food sets me off to binge. Honestly, I feel SO much better when I fast completely (maybe throwing in a couple of green juices)

It gives my organs a nice rest, simplifies my life, and allows me to only count calories half of the time (many of you know I HATE counting!!)