Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
154.6 following DD 6/19
153.8 following DD 6/21
152.8 following DD 6/23
153.6 following DD 6/25
152.4 following DD 6/27
Clean eating is paying off and I did eat on my DD yesterday. It was so hot I felt I better not try fasting.
Today is an UD and I am going to eat breakfast because I have a terrible headache. Cooking the dogs eggs first then mine.
Have a great JUDDD Day!!
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
ya'll must be rubbing off on me. i weighed today, since yesterday was a DD, and I'm down a pound

I'm feeling really motivated, going to do the best I can until I leave for my trip on the 20th!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Kristin- it is nice to see you here. While I don't use AS, I have read that they are addictive to the brain. I am sure once you stop eating them, the cravings will vanish.

adillenal and sorenkkg- Great Job!!!!

Today, is DD and I am trying to fast again till afternoon (5 PM). Just drinking lots of water.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

adillenal- I love your pic. Is this a goat? It looks so qute.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Hey all - still no diet soda - yah! But I think I am retaining water - probably from the lean cuisine today and the healthy choice meal last night. Not exactly clean but not home to cook with DS in the hospital. Good news is that he is coming home today so I can clean up my act a bit and shed some of this water weight I think/hope that is plumping up my scale and my fingers. No gain on UD, no loss on DD - not sure what to think??

Great losses Adi and Sorenkkg! Will check back earlier in the thread when I can later!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TryingJudd- Glad to hear your DS is coming home! I am sure once you start eating your own food, you water weight will go down. No loss, no gain is fine. You are doing well.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
adillenal- I love your pic. Is this a goat? It looks so qute.
Yes, that is Barbie. She is a Saanen dairy goat and is one of my show goats. Spoiled girl she is.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I'm doing okay - but.... having to alter rotations!! Aaaagh - never mind - I have a plan and I will have the same number of calories over the next few days - just in a slightly different way!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
maintenance level down day yesterday (mom and sisters unexpectedly drug me off for a chinese food lunch, focused on veg and meat) but I am still down .1 pound today. Very thankful.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up to that dreaded 200 number this morning after a good measured UD. Darn. Still no soda. I must be drinking all the tea in China! Hoping to see a good low tomorrow. Stay strong all!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I drink tea on my DD too! I can't tolerate much caffeine, so 1 liter (quart) of green tea (homemade, I have great flavors) is my limit, then I switch to uncaffeinated or water/mio.

I should get another in before bed!
S.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
I Love this thread! Sounds like everyone is doing a spectacular job :-)

I am starting the actual Clean Program and incorporating it into JUDDD. Basically it is avoiding high allergen/inflammatory/mucus forming foods. Some are obvious (soy, wheat) some not so (bananas and tomatoes, wah!!)

I am also taking their recommended supplements- probiotics, herbal anti microbials, liver support, etc. I did this 2 years ago and never felt/looked better. It's a very tough diet for me to follow as a vegan bc it eliminates SO MANY foods but the longer I can maintain it the better off I am. I used to take 5 allergy meds daily and am now down to zero thanks to Clean.

Don't you love how JUDDD allows you to incorporate any and all WOE? It really is magical in so many ways.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
NICKICAPS I am courious as to which foods they claim are inflamitory.. for my self of course.. Is this trial and error or is there a list of things they say are inflamitory to the body?
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Some foods are inflammatory due to allergic responses while others tend to be pesticide laden while still others form mucous in the body. Here is the list :-)

Peanuts. A very common allergen. Nonorganic peanuts are full of chemicals and organic often have a mold called anatoxin and even if you don’t have a life-threatening anaphylactic reaction, many people are still extremely sensitive to them.
Macadamia. A common allergen.
Pistachio. A common allergen

Nightshades. Potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, and sweet peppers are part of the nightshade family. Nightshades are often rich in alkaloids that can be mildly toxic to a fair number of people. They are thought to potentially decrease digestion and increase inflammation in the body.
According to Ayurvedic thinking, nightshades are thought to cause sensitivity to the body, and when eaten in excess, they tend to suppress the strength of our digestion. For example, some potatoes contain a neurotoxin called Solanine which many people are sensitive to. Typical symptoms of solanine sensitivity are joint paint and inflammation.
Note: Dried peppers can be used as a spice. While cayenne, chili pepper and paprika spices are still in the nightshade family, we do allow them in cooking because in general a very small amount is used.
FRUIT
Oranges and Orange Juice. Can be highly allergenic and acidic.
Grapefruit. This fruit has been known to block certain enzyme processes in the body.
Citrus. All citrus is removed from the cleanse because of its allergenic quality. Except for lemons and limes which are alkalizing and detoxifying and therefore wonderful on the cleanse.
Bananas. This fruit is very starchy, and very sugary. Many people normally use bananas in their shakes and smoothies. Instead, try using berries, nut milks, and a scoop of coconut oil or an avocado to create a similar consistency.
Bottled Fruit Juice. All concentrated fruit juice (anything that’s not fresh squeezed or pressed) is high in sugar and creates significant spikes in blood sugar. All bottled juices are pasteurized reducing and destroying most of the original available vitamins and nutrients.
When you eliminate hard-to-digest foods you free up much of the energy wasted on initiating and sustaining immune responses

Strawberries. Known to be common allergens to the body, and currently one of the top fruits covered with the most pesticides and herbicides, organic or not.
DAIRY
Milk/Cheese/Yogurt/Butter. Often contains the carcinogenic mold aflatoxin (a mycotoxin). It’s been linked to liver cancer and a range of other issues. Highly mucus forming, a very common allergen and acidic to the body. Yogurt that has been pasteurized has all the health properties destroyed and often contains sugar. POST-cleanse, local and raw yogurt (preferably from sheep or goats) is best.
Eggs. A common allergen, especially if they are from farm-raised, grain fed and non-free range chickens. No mayonnaise. POST-cleanse, seek pastured raised organic eggs.
Ice Cream. All the above properties of dairy with the added frozen factor: anything cold hinders digestion so try to avoid even non-dairy ice cream during the cleanse.
ANIMAL PROTEIN
Warm-water and Tropical Fish. Higher risk of parasites and heavy metal contamination.
Note: Some of these can be cold water, check the source and avoid if from warm waters.
Avoid African Butter Fish, Billfish, Bluefish, Carp, Catfish, Eel, Flounder, Hilsa, Tropical Mackerell, Mahi Mahi, Dorado, Monkfish, Pomfret/Butterfish, Sturgeon, Shark, Skatefish, Snakehead, Snapper, Tilapia, Tilefish, Tuna
Use Flounder, salmon, sardines, haddock, kipper, Herring.
Shellfish. Higher risk of parasites and heavy metal contamination. These includeBarnacles, lobster, crab, urchins, mussels, scallops, crayfish, langust, shrimp, prawn, abalone, cuttlefish, chiton, cockles, clam, geoduck, octopus, oysters, sea cucumbers, sea snails, squid
Red Meat. Contains harmful nitrates. Highly acidic to the body and taxing on all organs, especially detox organs. High use of hormones and antibiotics in animals raised for meat that are very harmful to humans. Grain fed animals have much less protein and the fats are not as healthy. POST-cleanse: choose organic and grass/pasture fed.
Also avoid: pork, sausage, bacon, steak, any processed meats like hot dogs or lunch meat, and smoked meats.
Use lean and wild meat such as ostrich, duck, venison, buffalo, pheasant, rabbit, etc.
Raw Fish, Seafood, Meat. Avoid all. High risk of parasites.
OTHER PROTEIN
Soybeans. A major allergen. Often contains the carcinogenic mold aflatoxin (a mycotoxin). This toxin has been linked to liver cancer and a large number of people have sensitivities to it. Very common allergen, often genetically modified, and disrupts hormones in both males and females. Avoid tofu, soymilk, edamame, soy-based ice-creams, soy-sauce.
GRAIN
Wheat & Other Gluten Grains. Very common allergen/food sensitivity. Often contains the carcinogenic mold aflatoxin (a mycotoxin), which has been linked to liver cancer and a large number of people have sensitivities to it. Includes oats (often contaminated with gluten), barley, farro, rye, spelt and kamut. Also avoid processed vegetarian/vegan food such as tempeh, seitan, and textured-vegetable protein (TVP).
Corn. Common allergen. Often genetically modified. High in sugar, spikesinsulin levels, high on the glycemic index. Often contains the carcinogenic mold aflatoxin (a mycotoxin), linked to liver cancer and a large number of people have sensitivities.
White Rice. High in starch, sugar and highly processed. High glycemic index food.
BEVERAGES
Caffeine. Highly acidic and taxing to detox organs (liver and kidneys), dehydrating and a stimulant that forces surges of adrenaline and puts us in fight or flight mode unnecessarily. Addictive and disrupts natural rhythms in the body (sleep, hormones, etc.).
Soda. Contains sugar and caffeine. Highly processed. Zero nutritional value.
Alcohol (beer, mead, wine, liquor). High in sugar and taxing on detox organs. Beer and hard liquor contain gluten, wine contains sulfites (both common allergens).
SWEETENERS
Avoid:
Honey
Maple Syrup
Cane Juice (Evaporated as well)
Brown Sugar
Refined White Sugar
Molasses
Concentrated Fruit Juice
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Agave
Artificial sweetener. provides a false sense of energy without any nutrients, which leads to a crash, food cravings, weight gain and a list of unpleasant side effects
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
HOLY MOLLLY~~ The only thing left not on that list was WATER !~ Oh my lordy, i never dreamed the list was so long ,, i thank you for listing this for me, but wow,, it dont leave alot to eat now does it...I am goin to print this off though.. and sometimes i do feel worste it seams after eating a certain food.. so i think i will start to track and eliminate foods to see if i feel better.. Thanks sweetheart
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Man - I had the same reaction to that list -- what's left????
Old 06-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Ha, tell me about it. Trying doing this as a vegan. Here is a list of what is included to better help:

Unsweetened fresh or frozen whole fruits,
fresh squeezed fruit juices, sea vegetables
(seaweeds), avocados, olives, and raw,
steamed, sauteed, juiced, or roasted
vegetables
Hemp, rice, and nut milks (such as
almond, hazelnut, walnut, etc.) and
coconut milk, coconut oil/butter
Brown, red, black and wild rice, millet,
amaranth, teff, tapioca, buckwheat, quinoa
Fresh or water-packed cold-water fish
(trout, salmon, halibut, tuna, mackerel,
sardines, pike, kippers), wild game (rabbit,
pheasant, bison, venison, elk, etc.), lamb,
duck, organic chicken and turkey
Split peas, lentils, legumes, bee pollen,
spirulina, and blue-green algae
Hemp, sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower
seeds, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds,
walnuts, cashews, macadamia, pistachios,
brazil, nut and seed butters such as
almond or tahini
Cold-pressed olive, flax, safflower, sesame,
almond, sunflower, walnut, pumpkin, and
coconut
Filtered water, green, white or herbal
tea, seltzer or mineral water, yerba mate,
coconut water, green juice
Stevia, coconut nectar, yacon, whole/fresh
fruit, dried fruit (in moderation)
Vinegar, all spices, all herbs, sea salt, black
pepper, carob, raw chocolate (dairy and
sugar free), stone-ground mustard, miso,
coconut liquid aminos, wheat-free tamari
and nama shoyu, unsweetened whole fruit
jam

Last edited by nickicaps; 06-29-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I think they added back in all nuts except peanuts recently. The idea is to eliminate the NO list for about a month and then gradually test one food at a time for sensitivity.

I really recommend you check out the Book- Clean. It explains a lot.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting reading Nikki! I have to say, my husband, and few others in his family, have a pretty good "food intolerance" to tomatoes (and eggplants, and less but still some to peppers).

Took me FOREVER to learn about this on my own-- here's what I highlighted from your post, to share with my hubby:
Quote:
Nightshades. Potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, and sweet peppers are part of the nightshade family. Nightshades are often rich in alkaloids that can be mildly toxic to a fair number of people. They are thought to potentially decrease digestion and increase inflammation in the body.

According to Ayurvedic thinking, nightshades are thought to cause sensitivity to the body, and when eaten in excess, they tend to suppress the strength of our digestion. For example, some potatoes contain a neurotoxin called Solanine which many people are sensitive to. Typical symptoms of solanine sensitivity are joint paint and inflammation.
he gets bad stomach upset and a severe headache when he eats unprocessed tomatoes... funny enough, highly processed (think: ketchup, or domino's pizza sauce) is ok. But fresh or anything not cooked all to he!! and he gets sick.

Fascinating!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

I already know what members of the nightshade family do to me. Severe joint pain and the worst from peppers. Sometimes I eat them just to see if they still bother me and the answer is YES. Will I never learn?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well...today I had an UUD instead of DD I woke up really hungry and did not eat till 11AM. I normally fast on DD till like 5PM but I was so hungry that I started eating at 11 AM. I think I did not eat enough yesterday by about 200 cal and also my dinner last night for about 5PM. I started with the salad with lettuce, cucumber, turkey breast but I got really hungry after this. Anyhow, by 1 PM today I had over 2000 cal I can't stop once I start eating carbs, which I did today because I am PMSing. I totally binged on bananas and almond butter, mango, yogurt and than was still hungry so I had 3 egg omlett followed by some almond bread. I stopped counting after this. I think I might have reached 2500-2800 cal today. Tomorrow is another day and has to be strict DD. I need to get in my mind that I am still doing atkins even though I am on JUDD and just can't touch those carbs. I have also noticed when the weather is very hot and humid like today my appetite goes to the roof (which is abonrmal), plus when I am at home on DD I think too much about food. Oh, this darn PMS Why oh why do I do this to myself
It seems like I do fine for few days and then I go through the vicious cycle.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 06-29-2012 at 04:13 PM..
Old 06-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I've had a bad couple of days - but it's okay - I'm back on plan from tomorrow!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Must be communal hormones. I had an UUAD yesterday probably due to hormones. Stupidly started the day with a bagel instead of protein and my body was off to the races calling for sugar, carbs then more sugar and carbs. I felt sick and shaky but kept eating - so stupid. I probably ate about ~2500 cals but I stopped counting. The "good" news is I made myself sick so I probably didn't keep many of those calories LOL!

Today is another day. Having a good low carb DD today and my body is immensely grateful. Hoping I didn't do too much scale damage but I am away for the weekend and can't weigh so will find out Monday.

Oh and I caved today and had a diet coke. Just one! Promptly moved back to water and ice tea.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Who's up for continuing into July? I need to recommit myself to a quality diet, not just a low calorie diet.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Would you mind if I joined you for July? I started off the month great but have slid a bit on my tracking the last few weeks and the scales are punishing me. I need to get back to tightly controlling my UD's and making sure I actually add the calories instead of guesstimate like I have been doing.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome brewstate!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TryingJudd- That's so funny that we both had the hormonal eating franzy. I also had good DD today. I ate meat and eggs and my appetite was under control.

I would love to continue in July.

Welcome Brewstate !!!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

154.6 following DD 6/19
153.8 following DD 6/21
152.8 following DD 6/23
153.6 following DD 6/25
152.4 following DD 6/27
152.6 following DD 6/29
152.8 following DD 07/01
My weight following my DD's is getting pretty consistent. Weights following UD's are still going up most times but rarely my usual 2 pound bounce.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good morning everyone! I'm trying to start the month off right. I decided yesterday to lower my UD calories by about 100 to cover any indescrepancies in my eating from not always measuring every morsel that goes in my mouth. Today I was down another 2 lbs for my efforts so I'm also going to focus on getting the carb demons under control this month.

I know that JUDDD works. Its human component that needs to be kicked until it function correctly

Last edited by brewstate; 07-01-2012 at 06:29 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm in, at least till I leave on the 20th for a two week trip for work.