Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Thank you note for "sunday"

Hey Sun!

Yesterday I watched the video and read the articles you posted on one of the threads. I got all carried away and now I forget which thread it was on.

However, I just wanted to take a minute to thank you!!! I really got a lot of ideas and things to turn over in my mind from, is it Brad Pilon?? Don't know if I'm remembering that right.

Anyway, there is one thing that for some reason has really never stuck in my mind before this and it is so helpful for motivation.

It's that as we lose weight, we burn less calories doing the same amount of exercise. Duh! That makes so much sense and is so obvious!!! We have less body mass to move around!

I have scratched my head a few times wondering why, a few months ago, I could do an hour on the elliptical 3-4 days a week and I would lose a pound or two.

Now? Same hour, same days, just maintaining. I need to step it up and move MORE and move LONGER (endurance), right?

Also, just hearing and reading about how we don't seriously go into starvation mode as women until our body fat is about 10-12% has de-stressed me! And, I didn't even realize I was stressing about that!

I got all caught up in the "oh, no. If I go longer than 40 others on calorie restriction, is that going to stall my loss??"

It made me think of Louis Zamperini. I read "Unbroken" and have not stopped thinking about him and that book since I read it. If I get started talking about it, I'll never stop!!! Love that book!!

Anyway, talk about calorie restriction... I don't want to give away the story in case anyone is planning on reading it. But, oh my, if you have not read it, you should. (Author is Laura Hillinbran, who wrote "Seabiscuit").

Ok, rambling now! But, that's me!

Thanks again, my friend! What a great and smart JUDD BUDD you are. A real treasure!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yamyam! You just gave me a big lift! Thank you for the kind note!

I really needed to hear something positive to lift me out of the funk that my dear hubby laid on me this morn. Long story, but I left the house mad.

I work with a bunch of archeologists (accountant) and I always feel somewhat intimidated at meetings due to the topic of conversation, although always quite interesting, it is usually above my paygrade. But the one thing, that never fails, all of them always come to me about personal health matters. They know how obsessed I am with and love to read about "natural healing" as well as anything related to medical science. I get the biggest thrill or kick when they tell me something I advised, actually worked! Especially, in the holistic or homeopathic area. My boss is so skeptical about anything that isn't conventional medicine and so when speaking with him, I sort of just tread lightly. Although, I know his ears pick up what I say and he will relay to me when he has found something to be true.

OH, and the book, "Unbroken" is downloaded to my kindle, I just haven't read it yet! But, I am a huge fan of biographies and as well as non-fiction, so am anxious to read. Right now, I am listening to "To Heaven & Back" by Dr. Mary Neal, it is her account of her death by drowning in the southern regions of Chile in a kayak accident and her return to life. Really interesting!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 06-22-2012 at 12:49 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also Yam-Yam, I read that you read the Warrior Diet? If you want to read some more mind boggling info on fasting and working out, check out some of these guys... Most are paleo or strict keto. Some cycle carbs. Dr. Kruse actually fasts 16 hours, works out and then has a smoothie with BCAA, coconut manna, some fruit and olive oil........yep olive oil and some bacon in it

Fasted State Training Adaptations

http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthrea...highlight=cron

Last edited by sunday; 06-22-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
to both you girls ya both~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey there, Sunday and Kimberly: I've been away for the weekend. Just popped in for half a second.

I'll have more time to respond and post tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
to both you girls ya both~
Thank you Kimberly! Back atcha!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Sunday: I am reading the info you recommended. Lots to digest there! I've heard a little bit about the benefits of exercising in a fasted state. This seems to support the health benefits. Good stuff! Thanks.

Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi YamYam, I have been enjoying reading over there because I am trying to learn more about Cold Therapy and Leptin Reset. It is a bit overwhelming, but all fascinates me! I was pointed that direction from Thomasina who sometimes posts on JUDDD and followed her posts about Dr. Kruse.

My health is finally getting on track and would love to keep doing everything I can to be living optimally. Love reading your posts as always! And I noticed that you enjoy exercising and learning about fasting. You have a great day and thanks for the note!