Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Lean cuisine?? No no for a DD?

I do have protein shakes here at work but I brought a lean cuisine b/c I can see exactly what the cals are. No guessing. But is this a good idea? I find it tough to function on just a protein shake as Dr J recommends. Just curious if anyone else has tried prepackaged meals on a DD.
Today: no breakfast
lunch: lean cuisine (260 cals)
an apple if I can't stand the hunger...going to try and go without it though
supper: chick breast (smallest one I can find) and some lettuce about 300 cals aprox.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
Anything is ok as long as you respect your DD limits.

Not too many folks on here did the shake route - most of us need to chew!

If you are just starting, and it feels like 300 cals is just too tough, feel free to start at 500 for DD's and work your way down. I frankly would be the meanest person on the world if I went that low.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Sure, it can be done! Watch the sodium, since the sodium in a frozen prepared low-cal meal can be as much as in a small-sensible restaurant meal. Doesn't mean it's not still a smart choice, but be thoughtful about the rest of the day. If it's much more sodium than you are used to on a DD it can make a difference.

The frozen low-cal meal (300 calories)I had yesterday for an UD lunch had the same sodium (600) as a 6-inch Subway Tuna Sandwich, which I happen to know would have satisfied me half-way through at 230 calories and 300 sodium, and I could have saved the other half for the next day.

I had a stack of frozen low-cal meals in the fridge, but find myself moving further and further away from them, to home cooking or actual treat-meals for DDs, depending upon my needs.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
dee
Senior LCF Member

oh darn Whitlin, I never even thought of that! and of course, the sodium will make me retain water. The lean cuisine has 630g sodium. I would've much rather had a 1/4 of a subway sandwich too!! I wonder how I can compensate for that?? Drink extra water? Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i would offer up to drink lemon in your water if you think you have consumed to much sodium,, seams to work for me,, and i do use the bottled lemon jucie when i cant get my hands on a real lemon. also on dd you might want to look at veggys.. they are very very low in caloires and you can eat quite alot of them for a few hundred caloires, if you like butter on them then put that no caloire spray on it,, works good for me,, good luck
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
I've never done the shakes because I can't find any that taste okay. I think they're all yucky. But I do the Lean Cuisines all the time on DD's. I really like the 170 calorie one that has chicken & potatoes in it. In fact, that's what I'm having today. There's also a steak & broccoli one for 160 calories but I got burned out on that one. I eat Lean Cuisines on UD's sometimes too but leave the higher calorie ones for those days. I don't seem to have a problem with sodium levels so I don't really worry about that.

I'm one of the weird people that actually LIKES Lean Cuisines and actually gets filled up by them.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #7

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I like them too, Jiggles. I like the convenience. And also no prep time, which is important when you've pushed the envelope of seeing how long you can go without eating a bit far and you're starving. Not that I would know anything about that.

I'm not sensitive to sodium so I don't worry about that. Especially on a DD, I'm not eating enough to get much. I try to stay under 2,000 mg of sodium per day. But I don't have health problems that would cause me to need to restrict sodium beyond that.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Shakes don't fill me up at all, even though I like them. I get hungry in a big way about half an hour after I drink one for some reason. And, sodium really, really makes me retain water big time, so I try to watch it closely.

I'm a huge fan of lean protein and also lots of green, leafy veggies like cabbage, spinach, brocolli, lettuce.

I like tilapia alot (any white fish for that matter). I buy frozen tilapia filets that are in individually wrapped packets. Each one is 100 calories with 23 grams of protein.

Usually, I put a frozen one in a zip and steam bag and microwave it for 2 minutes, then put it in the refrigerator. (actually, sometimes I do several of them at once so I have them on hand).

I'll put a bunch of shredded cabbage, lettuce, maybe juliane carrots or whatever in a bowl. Then I pour some ACV over it and a bit of EVOO. Then I chop up the cold tilapia and put it on top.

It's very filling and the protein keeps me happy for hours. I also brown up chicken breast slices in a pan, season them and keep them in the fridge along with hard boiled eggs. All of those go great on top of shredded cabbage.

Last night I made ground beef stroganoff with whole wheat egg noodles.

I did my usual and made a huge plate of shredded green and purple cabbage, shredded carrots and canned mushrooms. I put on my ACV/EVOO and then put the noodles and finally the stroganoff mix on top. It was soooooo good!

I have been known to choose some low sodium microwave dinners and pour those over a plate of steamed veggies or over my cabbage mix.

Guess I'm a bit nutty! But I came from a family where we put all the food on our plates and then mixed it all together before eating it! I like to feel full.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Those Lean Cuisines (or similar) do have quite a bit of sodium in them but I'd think they'd be real lifesavers in some instances and if it's a choice of eating a Lean Cuisine and taking a hit with the sodium or getting so hungry and obsessed that you go completely off the DD rails, I'd choose the LC in a heartbeat and drink more water to help flush it out. The suggestion to add lemon is a good one, too.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I really don't think it matters what you eat on DD as long as you respect your calories. I tend to eat the same menu every DD. I always eat two of those pre cooked pork chops at around 83 calories each. One per meal drowned in Walden Farms pancake syrup. For breakfast, one packett cream of wheat made with water and for a fourth meal a little over half a cup of cauliflower " potatoes". I get stuff to chew, the cereal is sweet, and the cauliflower seems like carbs. Win win.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonB61
Stats: 168/132/135
WOE: VLC / IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
I'm one of the weird people that actually LIKES Lean Cuisines and actually gets filled up by them.

I have to admit that I am one of those weirdo's too!!
SharonB61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #12

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I like them and eat them sometimes on UDs or DDs. I'm not sensitive to sodium, so I really don't even factor that in. Hasn't hurt my loss any that I can tell.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
I guess I'm a weird one too. At first, I set my DD calories at 600 so that I could easily have 2 meals a day. After I got going, I was able to lower my calories, but I always had a frozen meal for dinner.
gardengoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
dee
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for the ideas. I will watch the sodium levels AND I will drink my water with
Lemon in it. I knew you all would have some great ideas for me. I went to weight watchers several times and honestly never really got the "we're all in this together" kinda feeling. I must say I feel that already on here . Group hug
Old 06-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
Does Lean Cuisine or WW have better tasting choices with lower carbs? I was thinking I'd like to stock up on 5 or 6 to have on hand...I know all too well that desperate must. eat. now. feeling! Just wondering if there are any favs that have the lower carb count. Oh, and I'd love them to be under 200 cals.
amlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SpinDizzie
Stats: 283/203/130
WOE: Moderate Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: 6/4/12 start:205 current:202
Some of the Kashi frozen meals would fit into a DD. I find they are a better quality of food, and tasty.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlyjo View Post
Does Lean Cuisine or WW have better tasting choices with lower carbs? I was thinking I'd like to stock up on 5 or 6 to have on hand...I know all too well that desperate must. eat. now. feeling! Just wondering if there are any favs that have the lower carb count. Oh, and I'd love them to be under 200 cals.
It has been a while since I had them, but South Beach had several SW style wraps that were pretty good for 200 cals. I can't remember the exact name, but I used to buy them to keep for work.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
dee
Senior LCF Member

Amlyjo, some of the lean cuisine dinners were low carb. Usually the ones without rice or noodles
Old 06-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Quote:
pre cooked pork chops
I'v never heard of those.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Weight Watchers Santa Fe Chicken is only 140 calories- 11 total carbs- Sodium 600. I pour it over miracle rice and eat from it twice, because it's a ton of volume!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I like the Lean Cuisine and also Healthy Choice for DD. Sodium doesn't bother me but preservatives do but they both have several with no preservatives. I also like Amy's Burritos but they are higher in calories (310) but OK for a DD if I don't eat much else.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I use a Lean Cuisine or a Trader Joe's meal on all of my DD's because I can actually count the calories. I also use a tub of Big Noodles (190 cals.) which are actually delish. Think I have to omit my coffee on a DD tho because it is more like cream with some coffee. LOL!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
dee
Senior LCF Member

Yes, who makes pre cooked pork chops? Do they taste good? Umm Santa Fe chicken. Sounds like a good trade for 140 cals. I hope we can buy it up here in Canada. We don't always have the same foods.
Suze, I wish we had a Trader Joes here. And counting cals accurately on a DD is my main motivation for having a frozen meal. I don't think I could get by on shakes for the whole day. Especially not when I'm working. I may try it in the future though.