Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Erika1962's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Posts: 944
Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
So I have been a little dishearted...

....because I have been playing with the same pound for about 2 weeks, the scale just wont budge.

I tried out JUDDD the first time in april after coming off my second round of HCG, and after properly stabilizing for 3 weeks, and lost an average of about 2 pounds a week, for 5 weeks.
Then I got greedy and decided to do another round to get to my goal a little bit faster, but I couldn't take it and broke the round off after only 2 weeks into it, did not stabilize and came right back to JUDDD.
Well here I am about 2 weeks into JUDDD and I'm still playing with the same pounds, having me ALMOST stop and do a stabilization for a few weeks.
Now here it comes....When I got dressed this morning I put on a pair of capris size 14 that I had not have worn in about 2-3 weeks, 2 weeks ago they fit me like a glove, today they are falling of me!!! They look like they don't even belong to me!!!
I guess what I am trying to say is, don't ever give up ladies! Even when that scale does not budge, and I know we all like to see those numbers, something good is happening to your body!!!

Have a blessed Friday everyone!

Erika
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Wallee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 229
Gallery: Wallee


I'm doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution right now and as always, when I do any of her workouts, I stall in my weight loss! SO frustrating!! But on the other hand, I look leaner overall, my clothes fit so much better and things that didn't fit, now fit again! But most of us are ruled by that stupid number on the scale, argh!!! I'm very guilty of it and argue with myself all the time. Then I want to tweak my JUDDD numbers, blah, blah, blah, to get things moving. And no, that really doesn't work. Its an ongoing process and you're right, none of us should ever give up!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
PhoebeHerself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,990
Gallery: PhoebeHerself
Stats: 203.4/183.6/160
WOE: -17.8 lbs HCG/JUDDD is next
Start Date: February 2012
Just what I needed to hear.

Congratulations!!
PhoebeHerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Mitsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 210
Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika1962 View Post
....because I have been playing with the same pound for about 2 weeks, the scale just wont budge.

I tried out JUDDD the first time in april after coming off my second round of HCG, and after properly stabilizing for 3 weeks, and lost an average of about 2 pounds a week, for 5 weeks.
Then I got greedy and decided to do another round to get to my goal a little bit faster, but I couldn't take it and broke the round off after only 2 weeks into it, did not stabilize and came right back to JUDDD.
Well here I am about 2 weeks into JUDDD and I'm still playing with the same pounds, having me ALMOST stop and do a stabilization for a few weeks.
Now here it comes....When I got dressed this morning I put on a pair of capris size 14 that I had not have worn in about 2-3 weeks, 2 weeks ago they fit me like a glove, today they are falling of me!!! They look like they don't even belong to me!!!
I guess what I am trying to say is, don't ever give up ladies! Even when that scale does not budge, and I know we all like to see those numbers, something good is happening to your body!!!

Have a blessed Friday everyone!

Erika
Amazing Erika, im so very happy for you honey. Keep going.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 12,025
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
That just shows the SCALE LIES!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,863
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Erilka!

I think that is valuable information that cannot be shared too often.

Me? These days I like the scale. Every day it gives be valuable insight into how my body handles food. It is teaching me tons of things I need to know if I am going to have a long and happy maintenance.

But for knowing I am making progress, clothing and measurements really tell the tale.

As a friend said years ago, "I don't mine if I weight 500 pounds, as long as I can wear a size 8!"
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Wow, Erika, that's great i feel really happy for you and well done for not stopping!

These are the sort of posts i'll return to when i'm in the same situation as i'm sure to be at some stage.

Evie
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
garnet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 964
Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoebeHerself View Post
Just what I needed to hear.

Congratulations!!
Me, too! That's just what I needed to hear, Erika!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Erilka!

I think that is valuable information that cannot be shared too often.

Me? These days I like the scale. Every day it gives be valuable insight into how my body handles food. It is teaching me tons of things I need to know if I am going to have a long and happy maintenance.

But for knowing I am making progress, clothing and measurements really tell the tale.

As a friend said years ago, "I don't mine if I weigh 500 pounds, as long as I can wear a size 8!"
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I love posts like this! Congratulations on your exciting progress, and especially on how beautifully JUDDD is reshaping your body!

These are the Oh-so-important posts which help us all remember that weight loss and becoming sleek and slim and trim is FAR MORE than just numbers on a scale, and how that scale should be no more than one simple tool and reference to help us keep tabs on our progress... but it isn't able to remotely tell us the whole story of the wonderful transformation that is happening to our bodies as we follow our JUDDD plan and calorie numbers on Up and Down Days!!!

Thanks for posting.
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 2,007
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I love reading somthing like this morning,,, Way to go you~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Great news! I avoid the daily scale weighing now and it has been amazing!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member
 
KelAly8894's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 49
Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
Those of us who are exercising regularly (especially those who started to exercise along with JUDDD) need to remember that "fat is bulky and lumpy. So, if you carry an extra 5 pounds of fat, you'll be lumpier than with 5 pounds more muscle. A 5 pound pile of fat will take up more SPACE than a 5 pound pile of muscle....Muscle is heavier by volume than fat....Simply seeing how much you weigh isn't very helpful". If you're exercising regularly and intensely and JUDDDing, you're increasing muscle mass while losing fat mass and the scale isn't going to reflect this.
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 6,370
Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika1962 View Post
....because I have been playing with the same pound for about 2 weeks, the scale just wont budge.

I tried out JUDDD the first time in april after coming off my second round of HCG, and after properly stabilizing for 3 weeks, and lost an average of about 2 pounds a week, for 5 weeks.

Then I got greedy and decided to do another round to get to my goal a little bit faster, but I couldn't take it and broke the round off after only 2 weeks into it, did not stabilize and came right back to JUDDD.

Well here I am about 2 weeks into JUDDD and I'm still playing with the same pounds, having me ALMOST stop and do a stabilization for a few weeks.

Now here it comes....When I got dressed this morning I put on a pair of capris size 14 that I had not have worn in about 2-3 weeks, 2 weeks ago they fit me like a glove, today they are falling of me!!! They look like they don't even belong to me!!!

I guess what I am trying to say is, don't ever give up ladies! Even when that scale does not budge, and I know we all like to see those numbers, something good is happening to your body!!!


Have a blessed Friday everyone!

Erika


Yes, ma'am!

We all have our drum to beat and this one is mine: The Pants Don't Lie!


I have personally witnessed it (many times), you have, countless other folks have as well.

I log my weight every day and just this month started posting them to the Daily Weight Tracker thread primarily to stand as an example and illustration that the scale numbers DO go up and down as often as a toilet seat in a coed bathroom. Sometimes for weeks on end, with only a small dip downward.

But the pants don't care about the numbers on the scale. They show the real progress. I like using pants even more than taking measurements w/ a tape measure (although that's a good thing to do, too) because I know I can't cheat the pants and they will not lie to me. I might not take an accurate measurement (unwittingly) or might pull that tape a little tighter just to see some progress but there's really no way to fool ourselves with the pants.

Very happy for you and so glad you experienced this and brought it up!

__________________


Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post


Yes, ma'am!

We all have our drum to beat and this one is mine: The Pants Don't Lie!


I have personally witnessed it (many times), you have, countless other folks have as well.

I log my weight every day and just this month started posting them to the Daily Weight Tracker thread primarily to stand as an example and illustration that the scale numbers DO go up and down as often as a toilet seat in a coed bathroom. Sometimes for weeks on end, with only a small dip downward.

But the pants don't care about the numbers on the scale. They show the real progress. I like using pants even more than taking measurements w/ a tape measure (although that's a good thing to do, too) because I know I can't cheat the pants and they will not lie to me. I might not take an accurate measurement (unwittingly) or might pull that tape a little tighter just to see some progress but there's really no way to fool ourselves with the pants.

Very happy for you and so glad you experienced this and brought it up!

Never heard that one before!!

You are so right that the pants don't lie! Neither do shorts! Yesterday I wore a pair of very cute denim shorts. I just love them. Two weeks ago I had to suck in my belly button to get them fastened.

Yesterday they were seriously falling off! I still love them, but I have a bad, bad case of baggy rear syndrome. I love the fat burning magic of JUDD!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Erika,
So encouraging!
As crazy as it sounds, I keep finding that I am either losing numbers on the scale OR I'm losing size, but not both at the same time. This sounds nutty even as I write it but I swear that's what happens week by week on JUDDD for me. So these days I get a bit excited when the numbers aren't dropping. As soon as I see them staying put I race to try on the small pants.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Great post! I'm feeling discouraged, monkeying with the same 1lb for a bunch of weeks now too, when others are dropping 10lbs a month

I'm going to go do my measuring, b/c I haven't in a while (ok, I'll do it tomorrow after today's DD) and maybe that will show some progress and cheer me up.

Onward and downward, hopefully!
Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,744
Gallery: adillenal
Soren,
Don't get discouraged. I weighed this morning the exact same thing I weighed June 1. I have bounced all over the place this month so I tried on "the pants" and the button is getting closer to the buttonhole so it is progress. Bad scale.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,172
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Great post! I'm feeling discouraged, monkeying with the same 1lb for a bunch of weeks now too, when others are dropping 10lbs a month

I'm going to go do my measuring, b/c I haven't in a while (ok, I'll do it tomorrow after today's DD) and maybe that will show some progress and cheer me up.

Onward and downward, hopefully!
Soren
Me too. It is discouraging. Life would be so great if we just had a linear downward loss that was consistent! Time for that tape measure.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Just weighed myself on my sister's scale (can you spell obsessed? neurotic?). This ones says I'm five pounds lighter. Trying to figure out how to get her scale into my suitcase without her noticing. Trying to figure out a non-scale way to give myself the same freakin' burst of happiness I just experienced with that number. Gotta laugh, some days.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
b_lou_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: heaviest 200.4
Posts: 1,858
Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I think I need to measure on the first. And pull out the next pair of pants to aim for
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 790
Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Erika it is so important that we keep posting ones like you just did. Just as important as our scale is our trusty pair of too small jeans by which too measure our progress. I'm so happy for you.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
Erika1962's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Posts: 944
Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
Thank you everyone for your kind words, but it is all of YOU guys that showed me how important it is to read posts like this, especially for newbies like myself!
I myself was lurking around for many weeks before I gave JUDDD my first try in April, reading all the posts on here every single day is such a motivation, especially the daily weighin, because it shows that it's not just my scale that bounces, and boy does she bounce...

By the way I did wear the baggy capris to work, and people asked me how much more weight I have lost since the pants were just hanging off my butt, and I told them nothing and smiled

Much love to all

Erika
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.