Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Seriously can't make my darn mind up!!!!

UGH! okay I loved JUDDD for the first 2 months, weight came pouring off (lost 22 lbs!) then I seemed to stop losing. Then came the doubts, and the "should I tweaks" and the "maybe I should try Atkins again", then came two super rough DDs and my mind was made up, Atkins for 2 weeks to get the losses started again. My big problems with Atkins when I did it last time was I lost for the first 2 weeks, then haulted for 2 months, and was a b&$chy, grumpy mess....though my hair was growing in very very nicely!

I did Atkins for 3 days a few weeks ago to see how my body would react and the grumpiness came back full swing, and again this time (I'm on day 4) seems three to four days is all my grumpy monitor can take then it goes haywire on low carb...

I want to come back to JUDDD for good but am dreading DDs (my last two were pure torture but I did stick to my 600). I KNOW I can do it (JUDDD) but I feel like such a failure switching back and fourth, I just can't take myself on VLC.

Plus I miss you guys!!!

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
UGH! okay I loved JUDDD for the first 2 months, weight came pouring off (lost 22 lbs!) then I seemed to stop losing. Then came the doubts, and the "should I tweaks" and the "maybe I should try Atkins again", then came two super rough DDs and my mind was made up, Atkins for 2 weeks to get the losses started again. My big problems with Atkins when I did it last time was I lost for the first 2 weeks, then haulted for 2 months, and was a b&, grumpy mess....though my hair was growing in very very nicely!

I did Atkins for 3 days a few weeks ago to see how my body would react and the grumpiness came back full swing, and again this time (I'm on day 4) seems three to four days is all my grumpy monitor can take then it goes haywire on low carb...

I want to come back to JUDDD for good but am dreading DDs (my last two were pure torture but I did stick to my 600). I KNOW I can do it (JUDDD) but I feel like such a failure switching back and fourth, I just can't take myself on VLC.

Plus I miss you guys!!!

Gosh, I've been wondering where you were??? We got to find you a good plan for down day. Something really fullfilling! Missed ya girl!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
UGH! okay I loved JUDDD for the first 2 months, weight came pouring off (lost 22 lbs!) then I seemed to stop losing. Then came the doubts, and the "should I tweaks" and the "maybe I should try Atkins again", then came two super rough DDs and my mind was made up, Atkins for 2 weeks to get the losses started again. My big problems with Atkins when I did it last time was I lost for the first 2 weeks, then haulted for 2 months, and was a b&, grumpy mess....though my hair was growing in very very nicely!

Plus I miss you guys!!!
Honey... Come home.

What were you eating on your Down Days? You just shouldn't be going hungry on those days, so I'm wondering if maybe you aren't getting enough food down there in your tummy to keep you feeling full and happy. I mean, DDs aren't the *feast* part that we talk about, but they are the days that produce the weight loss, so awfully important to do.. but ya' don't want to have to suffer, for Heaven's Sake!

My guess is that you were just in a pause with not losing weight.. and that weight loss would have started right in again shortly, but the problem is more getting a real good hang of doing Down Days in such a way that they are not at all unpleasant. If you were at 600 calories, why don't you start in at 700 calories when you come back, and, once again...

What were you eating on your Down Days? Maybe we can fix that.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Come back, come back, come back!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Gosh, I've been wondering where you were??? We got to find you a good plan for down day. Something really fullfilling! Missed ya girl!
I was doing really well with 200 cals @ 1:00, 200 cals @ 4:00, 200 cals @ 7:00. I just think the couple tough DD I had scewed my thinking and I went off track. Atkins is good for a mini break but it just does something to me and I am no longer my kind lovable self... I turn into something nasty!

As of tomorrow I'll be back with a nice clean UD. I also plan to give up Diet Pepsi on my UD and eventually quit for good, I'm becoming addicted again...
Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Honey... Come home.

What were you eating on your Down Days? You just shouldn't be going hungry on those days, so I'm wondering if maybe you aren't getting enough food down there in your tummy to keep you feeling full and happy. I mean, DDs aren't the *feast* part that we talk about, but they are the days that produce the weight loss, so awfully important to do.. but ya' don't want to have to suffer, for Heaven's Sake!

My guess is that you were just in a pause with not losing weight.. and that weight loss would have started right in again shortly, but the problem is more getting a real good hang of doing Down Days in such a way that they are not at all unpleasant. If you were at 600 calories, why don't you start in at 700 calories when you come back, and, once again...

What were you eating on your Down Days? Maybe we can fix that.
I'm going to find that wonderful thread about why our bodies need a break from losing, I should have read that before switching back to low carb!

On my DDs my typical menu was, my 200 cals @ 1:00 was a Bagel Thin with whipped Cream Cheese ~or~ Quaker Old Fashioned Oats with light brown sugar (both were amazingly filling, I switched off depending on my mood), Bagel Thin plus cc was 140, oatmeal was 200.

My 4:00 meal was typically a big-ish salad (yup I count everything lettuce and all) it came out very close to 140 so I would also have a cup of coffee.

7:00 meal was typically either oatmeal or chicken or even two scrambled eggs, totalling close to 200. If I had any extra cals I wouldn't use them unless famished in which case a cup of coffee would take care of that.

I was doing pretty darn well with the DD until recently, I'm very motivated to get back in the game now.

I seriously Adore this board!!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Hi Becky. It sounds to me like you need to make sure you get some protein in at each of your little mini meals to help keep you satisfied. Also you need to give it a little time for the appetite suppression to kick in. These two things should really combine to make DD much more pleasant for you. Many of us feel a lovely calm come over us on DD and I see no reason why that shouldn't be your experience as well, given a little time. You really must stop torturing yourself by going back and forth between woe. I recently just suggested to another Buddd to relax into Juddd and give it some time. Be kind to yourself and your body and let the healing begin and I'm sure you will be successful and see great losses.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Many good ideas are coming your way I predict!

Here's a slightly different one - What if you tried going out to eat one DD, to shake it up? My go-to meal when I feel a little restricted on a DD is a Subway Veggie Delight sandwich. I usually have enough calories left to enjoy 1/2 the usual cheese on it, even.

Take a peek at the "out to eat" choices some JUDDDers are making in the "It's ____day. What are you eating?" threads. Dawn may choose Wendy's Chili or her new fav Turkey sandwich, for instance. I'm also doing 600 on most DDs like you would, and there is plenty of room for a simple meal out. I think sometimes it breaks up the day and seems like you are not dieting at all.

Best wishes!

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Come back, come back, come back!
I was going to write that too.

Ok, here goes, Come back, Come back.

Becky, you have answered your own questions. Believe in yourself honey and listen to the voice within. You will ultimately do what works and feels right for you.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Welcome home! I was wondering where the heck you've been.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Hey, girl......You started the same day I did. So that makes us JUDDD sisters, kinda. So what am I gonna do if my JUDDD sister jumps ship? You have lost 3 times as much as me on JUDDD. You can DO this, my friend!

But I know what you mean about the occasional (much less 2 in a row) rough DD. Really I do. Had 'em myself. But I'm finding gluc recipes that are keeping me filled up for 50 calories or less. Those fill me up to the point of feeling bloated for several hours! I'm testing a peach bread pudding today that looks promising. My applesauce version yesterday sure kept me full a long time. I'll post the peach version if it comes out good. I just keep exploring the foods that seem to make me feel stuffed, and it consistently and uniquely is the gluc and shirataki (tofu) noodle recipes. Nothing else satisfies me for as long on DD's.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
I have come up with another way that works for me. I wrote down the calculations of all weight loss percentages and maintenance. I try to stay at the lowest number; but if I eat all the way to the highest number, I know I will just maintain. It has helped me immensely.

I am actually losing the best I have in the 2+ months I have been JUDDDing.
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Welcome Back~ I know you can do this..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
Back, all great advice! Hang in there
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
I'm going to find that wonderful thread about why our bodies need a break from losing, I should have read that before switching back to low carb!

On my DDs my typical menu was, my 200 cals @ 1:00 was a Bagel Thin with whipped Cream Cheese ~or~ Quaker Old Fashioned Oats with light brown sugar (both were amazingly filling, I switched off depending on my mood), Bagel Thin plus cc was 140, oatmeal was 200.

My 4:00 meal was typically a big-ish salad (yup I count everything lettuce and all) it came out very close to 140 so I would also have a cup of coffee.

7:00 meal was typically either oatmeal or chicken or even two scrambled eggs, totalling close to 200. If I had any extra cals I wouldn't use them unless famished in which case a cup of coffee would take care of that.

I was doing pretty darn well with the DD until recently, I'm very motivated to get back in the game now.

I seriously Adore this board!!
Becky: I have not read all the responses yet but wanted first to give you a BIG and also the link to that thread:

Why your body wants a break from WL

AND, this morning I heard a gal say something that was such a great analogy I couldn't wait to share it with someone!

One of my WW friends was complaining that she "only" lost .8 this week. She is about 5 pounds from her goal weight.

Another friend who still has over 50 pounds to lose said, "Well, it gets harder and harder to squeeze a lemon. When you start to squeeze, the juice comes out pretty fast. As more of the juice comes out and there's not as much left, it's harder and harder to get any. When you started squeezing out your body's fat, it came off faster in the beginning. Get's harder when you have less left to squeeze."

Does anybody else love that? Or is it just me?

Anyway, do come home as Pat said. We love and miss you and we don't want you to be grumpy and unhappy and suffering!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post
I have come up with another way that works for me. I wrote down the calculations of all weight loss percentages and maintenance. I try to stay at the lowest number; but if I eat all the way to the highest number, I know I will just maintain. It has helped me immensely.

Great to hear! I am another one who does this with a true fast day per week in the mix.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post

So glad to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
"Well, it gets harder and harder to squeeze a lemon. When you start to squeeze, the juice comes out pretty fast. As more of the juice comes out and there's not as much left, it's harder and harder to get any. When you started squeezing out your body's fat, it came off faster in the beginning. Get's harder when you have less left to squeeze."

Does anybody else love that? Or is it just me?

Anyway, do come home as Pat said. We love and miss you and we don't want you to be grumpy and unhappy and suffering!
It's not just you, I love that and it's a great analogy.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Love that! It should almost be a sticky??? something for us newbies to think about
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I'm loving this thread!

I've been pretty stalled since I came back from my trip in mid-May, having gained then. I lost back down to 244.x and now I got down to my lowest low in 3yrs, 243.8, but NO MOVEMENT on that in weeks.

Reading this thread (and I've read the other ones about shaking things up, but it freaks me out) is helpful. I decided today (and after talking with Beeb the other day) to go to 600cal on my DD.
That puts me between at like 28% on my DD. UDs are not an issue

I love JUDDD and don't want to do anything else, I just want things to get moving again like everyone else!

HuGGGs to the BUDDDs!
Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys are great!!! Thank you for all the encouragement and ideas! today was going to be an UD but since it's already 3:00 pm and I've only used 100 cals I'm thinking it will probably be a DD. Zach (autism boy) and I were out doing chores from 9:30 till almost 2:00....super busy so no time for food, though I did stop at Mc D's because the poor child was hungry. i'm sitting out on the porch right now sweating my butt off (it's 97 here today!), I have no desire to eat or even jump in the pool....the kids are all vegging out in the AC. Bums! Too hot to play outside.

I feel like a weight has been lifted by dumping Atkins (I do want to stay lower carb), now if only I could sleep life would be golden, but that is another post....
Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I'm glad you're in a better emotional place now. Ya had me worried there for a minute. I think it's because we're both so close to goal that our bodies don't want to let go of any more weight. But with persistence, we can DO this! I AM gonna get to my goal, however long it takes. That may mean some "breaks" from losing occasionally, but then I must get right back to trying to find my sweet spot. I'm still trying to figure out my numbers. I only seem to drop any weight when I go over on UD's or over on DD's. I've seen that pattern over and over again. So I think I'm going to up my DD's to 700-750 for awhile, and increase my UD's 1000 calories above whatever I ate on my DD (to maintain the differential) for awhile and see if that helps me any. I figure if I start to gain, I can back off again.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #22
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
It's not a race! Make this your way of eating for life and it won't be hard.

Diets are hard, being over weight is hard. But eating a "familiar" way every day isn't.

Choose your hard or make it easy!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky: Are you sleeping better, hon? How is everything going?

I was thinking about you yesterday. It was hot here and my air conditioner is broken! But that's not why I was thinking of you.

I took a cool shower and stood in front of a fan to stop sweating. Then I looked around for any outfit I could find which would have the least amount of fabric so I could stay cool.

What I found was a pair of light weight cotton denim short shorts (almost like hot pants) and a pink cotton camisole. I was dressing in front of my sliding closet door mirrors and caught site of my profile. Dang! I stopped and looked for a long time. At all angles.

I felt cute! Couldn't believe those little shorts, size 10, fit and that my thighs look so much smaller. Decided it was time to try on a cute bathing suit I bought on sale several weeks ago. It was a size too small and I could not fit my booty into it. But, I bought it anyway because it was cute and cheap and I always need swim suits.

It fits!!!

So, here is where I was thinking of you and wanting to encourage you.

I know I have 9 more pounds to lose to get to my goal (and I might want to lose more when I get there. We'll see but I felt really good last time I was at that weight).

Anyway, I felt so relaxed all of a sudden and have been since. Instead of telling myself "I want to get to goal! Why can't I lose faster? What can I do to get the rest of this lard off??!!"

Instead, I heard this little voice in my head say, "Yes. I have more weight to lose. But I FEEL great! I finally feel like I look cute and thinner! I love the way I'm eating and not obsessing about food all the time. I'm not suffering. I'm down 41 pounds! Who cares if it takes me another year to lose the rest? Two years? As long as I don't gain any back, keep on JUDDing, enjoying it and slowly going down, I will be happy. I want to feel this way forever."

Seems my thinking is going along the lines of the "this is not a race" mantra. It's more about getting healthy, feeling good about myself, my body and feeling great in my own skin than it is about getting to goal by a certain date. That old mentality of "I have to lose it by X date or I'm a failure" actually caused me to fail, I think!

You and I? We are not failures! We are succeeding!

Hope it's cooler where you are today. We are supposed to get close to 100 here.

I'm off to put that cute, sky blue, smaller sized swimsuit on now and head to our local pool.

Have a great day, Friend!

Yam-Yam

Starting weight 8/1/11 = 230
Current weight 6/28/12 = 189
Goal weight...................180

Getting closer and closer!

Woo-Hoo! I'm 41 pounds down!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/168/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Instead, I heard this little voice in my head say, "Yes. I have more weight to lose. But I FEEL great! I finally feel like I look cute and thinner! I love the way I'm eating and not obsessing about food all the time. I'm not suffering. I'm down 41 pounds! Who cares if it takes me another year to lose the rest? Two years? As long as I don't gain any back, keep on JUDDing, enjoying it and slowly going down, I will be happy. I want to feel this way forever."
I'm so glad you said this, Yam-Yam. This is how I feel most of the time now, but today, with TOM making me feel like a balloon filled to bursting with water, I really needed the reminder.

Becky, so pleased you came back
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I'm so glad you said this, Yam-Yam. This is how I feel most of the time now, but today, with TOM making me feel like a balloon filled to bursting with water, I really needed the reminder.

Becky, so pleased you came back

Yam-Yam

Starting weight = 230
Current weight = 189
Goal weight = 180

Getting closer!

I'm down 41 pounds!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Anyway, I felt so relaxed all of a sudden and have been since. Instead of telling myself "I want to get to goal! Why can't I lose faster? What can I do to get the rest of this lard off??!!"

Man, am I ever living this!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We are on vacation this week (Nantucket Island) so it's kind of a "controlled free for all" I was writing down all the food I was eating yesterday but then just told myself to enjoy but take it easy, so that is the plan until we get back on Saturday, then it's back to JUDDDing, nice and clean!

Hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
We are on vacation this week (Nantucket Island) so it's kind of a "controlled free for all" I was writing down all the food I was eating yesterday but then just told myself to enjoy but take it easy, so that is the plan until we get back on Saturday, then it's back to JUDDDing, nice and clean!

Hope everyone has a great week!!
Hope you are having a blast! We will be here to welcome you "home"!