Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Got a question about calories

I think I had a bit of an epiphany today about my diet and I think I can figure out where I'm going wrong. I've been in a bit of a stall the last few days as I was expecting because I lost a goodly amount during the first week. My idea is that I've been eating too much on my Up Days and I need to cut back a bit. (I'm in my third week on this WOE and even found a pound that I thought I had lost)

I've kept track of my calories for years as I've used various on-line sites for my food log and I know that I can maintain my weight (whatever it is) by eating between 1400 and 1500 calories. In order to lose weight I have to average below 1200 calories. Well, when I did the math on the Johnson Alternate Day site, they gave me as my up day calorie count of over 1700 calories or more. I've been hitting that or surpassing it by a few on my up days as I've been enjoying the freedom of this WOE and therein lies the fallacy.

I've been doing the 350 or so calories on the down days but eating higher on my up days and have averaged more calories than my body can use...duh So what do you think? Are there any holes to be punched in my thought?

No matter what I'm going to continue this WOE as I do enjoy it and think it is helping. I've been a lowcarber for years, but haven't been a VLC person and have lost and found ten pounds time and again. I lost 10 pounds the first week which I guess is the body adjusting but I've also lost inches, even in my wrist; so I know the plan is working...just what can I do to restart losing the two to three pounds a week I think I can expect.

Any comments? Mary in SoCal
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Hi Mary you are only averaging 1,025 calories per day with your combined UD and DD calories. So you are actually eating quite a bit lower than 1,200 calorie per day. Juddd does not usually produce the fastest results so you may not get the 2-3 lbs each week that you want. However it is a very pleasant woe and the weeks seem to fly by. I'm sure you will do well. Good luck.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi, Mary! Check out the daily weights threads and see the results of various people over time. The May thread would show you an entire 31-day period. It's very helpful to see the way in which JUDDD diets work, in a see-saw fashion, through a month of weigh-ins. Almost every person "finds" pounds they lost (1, 2, 3 or even more) in a "bounce", but then loses them again and eventually dips lower.

At an average not much above 1,000 calories per day, I think you are definitely low enough in your calories, even if you are sometimes going over on your UDs. Everybody's different, but I'm averaging 1,200 or more and think I'm at a good spread for me with expected weight loss. (1,900 and 550-600 since I use the "light exercise" calculation)

I'm thrilled for you to have lost inches! Is your watch slipping at your wrist? I love that feeling.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the replies; I guess I'm expecting a little too much, but that's been my downfall ever since I "allowed" myself to pack on 40 pounds when I quit smoking 17 years ago. (Yep, the watch is definitely slipping and the bra is on the third set of snaps) I'm not giving up, fershur' but looking to find a reason why the steady drip drop of weight slid up a little...I guess it's normal....m
Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I have had several "slow downs" and tweaked here and there, and ended up having to tweak myself right back UP to where the calculator told me to be. I've had health issues to deal with and through it all, have managed to lose nearly 60 lbs in 6 months with JUDDD. There were weeks where I actually gained, but you can see the overall trend is downward, even when I let myself get discouraged thinking it wasn't fast enough. I totally get that feeling, but I also really believe in JUDDD, based on my own experience, and I feel like if you learn patience (which I'm NOT known for), it will work out in the end.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have had several "slow downs" and tweaked here and there, and ended up having to tweak myself right back UP to where the calculator told me to be. I've had health issues to deal with and through it all, have managed to lose nearly 60 lbs in 6 months with JUDDD. There were weeks where I actually gained, but you can see the overall trend is downward, even when I let myself get discouraged thinking it wasn't fast enough. I totally get that feeling, but I also really believe in JUDDD, based on my own experience, and I feel like if you learn patience (which I'm NOT known for), it will work out in the end.
This is me to a tee!! I must learn patience, I didn't pack on the 50 pounds I needed to lose in a short period of time I shouldn't expect it to just fall off in a couple of months!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Patience, H#$%...the dieter's prayer... God, give me patience and give it to me NOW! Yeah, I get it...it is also my downfall. Thanks again for the the comments....mary