Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
@Garnet I remember you from hcg and I wish I had something to say that was spectacular but I don't! I will be doing JUDDD right along with you for awhile until I am ready for my next round. I don't find the protocol so hard, but I can tell you this round 7 did challenge me. After losing and being more happy with myself I'm not so "desperate" so then I get annoyed easier I know you're real strict and follow it when you do it so if you couldn't, so you couldn't! Good thing there is something else for us to go to, huh?!

I'm just here to "chill" for awhile and get that anti-inflammation gene going and then I guess if I decide to not do another round for quite awhile I at least have a plan. I got really tired of just eating LC, I was overindulging on some things because I missed others. This plan seems more balanced to me.

(((HUGS))) we can do this !
C'Marie, I don't know what happened! I know I started my last round during a very stressful time at work, and I think that was part of it, but the exhaustion I used to feel at an end of a 6 week round started to happen earlier and earlier. My last successful round I could not do more than 2 weeks at a time. Then the last 3 times I started hCG I couldn't do more than a few days. So odd. I used to tell people hCG was the easiest thing I had ever done to lose weight, and these last 3 times I just couldn't do it.

I think I'm also tired of the food choices with the protocol. I LOVE filet mignon, but I cannot even look at the 7 or so 3.5 oz pieces I have in my freezer.

Mentally I think I'm less motivated because I'm back to my regular weight, and I've been able to maintain it for a couple of months. I may wait until work becomes less stressful (and get past the summer vacation trips), continue JUDDD and if I don't lose on JUDDD I can always go for another round of hCG.

I hope you have continued success with hCG!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
ohhhhh, so it sounds like you did your 3 weeks (at least) of p3 before coming here? In that case, did you start JUDDD when you introduced carbs? Because that could totally be it right there!

Beyond that, yes, I'm sure you reset. And if you reset at a previous plateau (so close to goal) it probably will take a bit longer to get moving anyway.

But this is a REALLY sustainable woe and I hope you enjoy it!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet10 View Post
Oh, I think you nailed it on the head. I have been eating more carbs on my up days than I had before. I finished my last round of hcg months ago--I finished that round at 125, historically have always stabilized around 4 pounds over LDW (last dose weight), so I was not surprised when I stabilized at 129 (for several weeks); then I started to liberalize carbs (mostly just once a week) and I ended up at 130.

So I was 130 for several weeks before deciding to do JUDDD. I really felt like my hypothalamus stabilized at that weight (this also happens to be the weight I was for years, when I was always trying to lose 5 pounds).

I'm going to have to do the dreaded calorie counting on my up days, and go back to limiting carbs, which is not that hard for me, I guess I just thought I could do it, when I can't.
Glad I could help. And you may actually not have to limit your carbs nearly as much as you think you will have to... if you respect your calorie numbers on both Up and Down Days, your body should stabilize and continue to slim itself down as the weeks go by.

Lots of people here report on the strange but interesting and fun phenomena of a complete standstill on the scale, but loss of inches when they measure themselves with the tape measure! We all wonder how that is happening. LOL. And I suppose it's natural to put a lot of focus on a scale, as that's sort of where we have been taught to focus, but really.. our size is really of more importance, and the makeup of our bodies.

I think if you truly measure your food portions to know you are eating the correct amounts you think you're getting, and you track your calories... if you respect your calorie ceilings on both UDs and DDs, and be patient for awhile longer, you will wake up one morning to see the body you dream of. Pretty happy thought. Good luck!

Last edited by SoHappy; 06-22-2012 at 05:53 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I now wish I had been counting calories when I was "eating normally" and my weight was stable for months. But during that time I was very conscious not to eat too many starches/sugar, and I think I do well without flour and sugar. I know I was eating over 2000 calories when I ate low carb because I ate a lot of fat. I'm going to try to look back over those days and try to figure out how many calories I consumed.

But it seems like the real problem for me now has been eating starches/sugar every other day, on my Up Days, when I had only been indulging once or twice a week before.

I was hoping with JUDDD I would only have to be conscious of what I was eating every other day, but I've learned from experience that, for me, I need to be conscious every day. Hmmmm....being conscious every day doesn't sound like a bad thing!

I'm also going to try the dreaded (for me) calculating percentage of carbs I'm eating. That may help.

Thanks so much everyone! You have given me renewed hope! I may actually go back to the store and pick up some size 8 shorts that I didn't purchase yesterday--feeling like I was likely not going to get back to that size.
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #35

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
I now wish I had been counting calories when I was "eating normally" and my weight was stable for months. But during that time I was very conscious not to eat too many starches/sugar, and I think I do well without flour and sugar. I know I was eating over 2000 calories when I ate low carb because I ate a lot of fat. I'm going to try to look back over those days and try to figure out how many calories I consumed.

But it seems like the real problem for me now has been eating starches/sugar every other day, on my Up Days, when I had only been indulging once or twice a week before.

I was hoping with JUDDD I would only have to be conscious of what I was eating every other day, but I've learned from experience that, for me, I need to be conscious every day. Hmmmm....being conscious every day doesn't sound like a bad thing!

I'm also going to try the dreaded (for me) calculating percentage of carbs I'm eating. That may help.

Thanks so much everyone! You have given me renewed hope! I may actually go back to the store and pick up some size 8 shorts that I didn't purchase yesterday--feeling like I was likely not going to get back to that size.
Well, I will say about your thought that you may have to eliminate "eating starches/sugar every other day, on my Up Days" that you can do that. But it doesn't really end anything. IF you are going to have starches/sugars occasionally, you are still going to re-gain water weight whenever you do.

The question is, How do you want to eat for the rest of your life?

For myself (and many here), not eating any of the mid-range and higher carbs forever was simply something I wasn't interested in doing. That's not how I want to live my life, celebrate my holidays, enjoy my social occasions, etc.

So I just decided to *carb back up* and start in from there. And so I simply included the foods I loved and enjoyed and intended to be able to eat for the rest of my life, and using those foods for my diet, I started doing JUDDD.

And JUDDD worked just fine. JUDDD didn't care that I ate carbs... starches/sugars. Once I had regained water weight from carbing up, that process stopped, and I didn't gain any more water weight... I just started losing body FAT.

So now I get to eat carbs and maintain.

I'd only limit or skip the carbs if I truly intended to spend my life eating that way. Otherwise, you may as well just bite the bullet, get carbed up, and then proceed with the loss of body fat that you are after in the first place.

As to the "being conscious of what we are eating every day"... boy! I wish we didn't have to be! Wouldn't it be great to just be able to eat?!!! And eat. And just not have to reconcile any of it. Well, for most of us... that way of eating is what got us here in the first place. We aren't (or aren't any longer) those folks who are just naturally slim no matter what they eat, or who just don't have much appetite - ever - and so never overeat. Who don't really care for desserts. Who don't really care for snacks. Etc.

But, I know that since I'm not able to just eat at will and remain where I want to be, I now have to monitor my food quantities as well as merely counting carbs in order to maintain. So if I have to moderate, if I have to count calories to do it, well.. I will.

And if I have to, I choose to do it on JUDDD, where every other day can be a full and fabulous one. (Coming in at about my UD calorie ceiling *Normal* number, of course.....)
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Well, I will say about your thought that you may have to eliminate "eating starches/sugar every other day, on my Up Days" that you can do that. But it doesn't really end anything. IF you are going to have starches/sugars occasionally, you are still going to re-gain water weight whenever you do.

The question is, How do you want to eat for the rest of your life?

For myself (and many here), not eating any of the mid-range and higher carbs forever was simply something I wasn't interested in doing. That's not how I want to live my life, celebrate my holidays, enjoy my social occasions, etc.

So I just decided to *carb back up* and start in from there. And so I simply included the foods I loved and enjoyed and intended to be able to eat for the rest of my life, and using those foods for my diet, I started doing JUDDD.

And JUDDD worked just fine. JUDDD didn't care that I ate carbs... starches/sugars. Once I had regained water weight from carbing up, that process stopped, and I didn't gain any more water weight... I just started losing body FAT.

So now I get to eat carbs and maintain.

I'd only limit or skip the carbs if I truly intended to spend my life eating that way. Otherwise, you may as well just bite the bullet, get carbed up, and then proceed with the loss of body fat that you are after in the first place.

As to the "being conscious of what we are eating every day"... boy! I wish we didn't have to be! Wouldn't it be great to just be able to eat?!!! And eat. And just not have to reconcile any of it. Well, for most of us... that way of eating is what got us here in the first place. We aren't (or aren't any longer) those folks who are just naturally slim no matter what they eat, or who just don't have much appetite - ever - and so never overeat. Who don't really care for desserts. Who don't really care for snacks. Etc.

But, I know that since I'm not able to just eat at will and remain where I want to be, I now have to monitor my food quantities as well as merely counting carbs in order to maintain. So if I have to moderate, if I have to count calories to do it, well.. I will.

And if I have to, I choose to do it on JUDDD, where every other day can be a full and fabulous one. (Coming in at about my UD calorie ceiling *Normal* number, of course.....)
Pat, that's great that you were able to include starches from the beginning. I'm not sure if my issue is just too many starches vs too many calories on my up days, but I guess I will start to figure it out as I go along. I hate counting calories, so I suspect that's where my problem lies.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Garnet --

Seems a lot of former hcg-ers don't lose much on JUDDD the first few weeks, which makes a lot of sense, seeing as how we are adapted (sort-of) to eating 500 calories a day, every day! The good news is that most of us don't gain, though -- and in time the body will heal and start losing on JUDDD.

I gave myself a two week break-in period where I am eating low-carb every day (that's just a personal preference) -- and counting calories only on the down days, which I am keeping at 500 calories. On the up days, I am eating to hunger, which is proving to be a lot of food at the moment -- I hope that calms down over time.

I also started working out again, which always raises my hunger levels through the roof (my body builds muscle like crazy) --

I'm staying off the scale for now.

If I can just maintain doing this for a bit, I'll be happy -- once my body and mind are adapted to doing this, I will start counting calories on my up days (if necessary.) But, I think the real lesson is to be patient -- hcg is a strange way of living, and if one has done it too often or too long, as I did on both accounts, it takes a while to break out of the cycle both physically and mentally.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

BTW -- I had the same thing happen -- my last round of hcg was pretty miserable -- by the end of three weeks, I was weak, tired, and cranky -- I knew something had to change. HCG or no, long term, severe caloric restriction taxes and stresses the body -- at least that is what I believe. I also believe hcg is much, much harder when one is close to goal.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #39

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Pat, that's great that you were able to include starches from the beginning. I'm not sure if my issue is just too many starches vs too many calories on my up days, but I guess I will start to figure it out as I go along. I hate counting calories, so I suspect that's where my problem lies.
That is me ^^^^^

I hate counting carbs/calories or anything. I just want easy!! I am hoping that once i do this round of hcg, I can come off, do P3, then doing P4 follow JUDDD for maintaining. I am doing well at maintaining now with JUDDD!! So I figure I have it made for P4, not losing though. I like the fast losses with hcg. Combine that with the JUDDD maintaining and I am good to go
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
BTW -- I had the same thing happen -- my last round of hcg was pretty miserable -- by the end of three weeks, I was weak, tired, and cranky -- I knew something had to change. HCG or no, long term, severe caloric restriction taxes and stresses the body -- at least that is what I believe. I also believe hcg is much, much harder when one is close to goal.

It does. minor restriction for prolonged periods of time is much healthier. HCG levels not so much. The hcg does help with that of course, but for those that do multiple rounds quickly (vs 1-2 a year) I think do suffer more than they need to physiologically. My last round was over 40 days. I've never done long rounds before and stick generally to 23 day rounds. That just about killed me physically. I was aching so badly. I knew it was time to end it. I'm so glad I did!

I'm one who gained in the beginning of JUDDD. BUT I also added carbs right away. That is why. Had I done a proper p3 I wouldn't have, or p3 while IFing. But I would have gained eventually when I did add carbs so I chose to just do it upfront.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Yes, that was my experience. Weird after doing it so easily, but it's nice to know others had the same experience. You are an inspiration to me to get moving again! I think once I start exercising that will help nudge the scale in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
That is me ^^^^^

I hate counting carbs/calories or anything. I just want easy!! I am hoping that once i do this round of hcg, I can come off, do P3, then doing P4 follow JUDDD for maintaining. I am doing well at maintaining now with JUDDD!! So I figure I have it made for P4, not losing though. I like the fast losses with hcg. Combine that with the JUDDD maintaining and I am good to go
Dawn, you mentioned in another post that following protocol for hCG was easy, but it falls apart when "left to my own devices", and I feel exactlly the same way. That's why I think this can be a lifelong program for me--I need to follow some sort of protocol.

Best of luck on your next round of hCG--I wish I was able to do one with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
It does. minor restriction for prolonged periods of time is much healthier. HCG levels not so much. The hcg does help with that of course, but for those that do multiple rounds quickly (vs 1-2 a year) I think do suffer more than they need to physiologically. My last round was over 40 days. I've never done long rounds before and stick generally to 23 day rounds. That just about killed me physically. I was aching so badly. I knew it was time to end it. I'm so glad I did!

I'm one who gained in the beginning of JUDDD. BUT I also added carbs right away. That is why. Had I done a proper p3 I wouldn't have, or p3 while IFing. But I would have gained eventually when I did add carbs so I chose to just do it upfront.
Circusgirl, it is a relief to hear people do eventually lose weight while adding carbs. I think I just went hog wild for my first Up days, and once I get back on track I hope to see some scale movement.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@Garnet, I am so hoping that me doing P3 while doing JUDDD induction will stabilize me. I am also hoping Pat (sweetie she is) is wrong and I won't carb-gain when I do P4. *sigh* LOL
Especially since I will be on my first day of vacation, flying and all - on my first day of P4. I will definitely be "easing" into any carbs, and I have to stay away from wheat. It just inflames me so bad it's awful. I will strictly follow JUDDD maintenance-level rotations though. Regardless. And do a 500calorie DD steak day if I have to. I have to keep this round's weight OFF. And depending on how hubs and I do JUDDDing together, I may never go back. Who knows. Or I may go slightly rogue! with my 500 calories on my next round. (GASP)

The main reason I need to do this is the inflammation. I cannot stand how I feel. I thought losing the first 55-75 pounds in the first 9 months or so of 2010 I would be just ready to run out the door, down the steps, and around the block. Not so. At least now the pain is more localized. I can't get discouraged either, but sometimes I sure do. It's really no longer about the weight for me, I could be happy right where I'm at. But I think it's key for me to get this inflammation down, and simply losing the weight may help as well with ease of movement, but I think I may be stuck and not be able to lose anymore with the current level of inflammation. I am such a work in progress! Hope the JUDDD magic works for both of us!

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

I am doing this largely for the anti-inflammatory benefits, too -- as some of you know, I fight inflammation constantly. It becomes a real problem when I am working out, because some level of inflammation is necessary for muscle building ... and then my body tends to want to go haywire with the inflammation cycle. I am doing a ton of anti-inflammatory supplements, and a very low carb diet in addition to the JUDDD, so I hope that is enough this time out.

I doubt I will ever add very many carbs --I just do better without them, and have lived low carb very happily for years at a time, so why change that? If I can add some occasionally later on, great... but I am in no hurry to do that.

Inflammation makes the scale go nuts, C'Marie -- I know this all too well! I do hope that JUDDD helps you tremendously in that regard!