Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
How to un-do all your hard work~

WOW... I did not know where else i could go a cry.. After all i have lost.(38) pounds.. Today i went to try on some clothes for a class reunion (Dh 30th).. I never should have even went there today!Every thing i tryed was either TOO BIG or Just a tad to small!..I am stuck at the inbetween spot with nothing to wear! Oh i soo wanted to run screaming from the dressing room and announce.."ITS SO NOT FAIR! I LOST WEIGHT!" I felt that all my effort in the last 6 months have been in vainI did not find a single thing to wear and i need somthing by july 18th~ Oh woe is me.. Im not goin to stop with my woe of course.. but man that was a hard pill to swallow today.. so sad~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I know exactly what you mean. You still have a little time though to get down just a smidge to the next size. If all else fails, there's Spanx!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD

I hate shopping!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
By 1st of July those Just a tad too small clothes will fit your perfectly! Then you run the risk of them being too big by July 18th!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kimberly, Sweet One!Do not despair! Like Dawn said, you still have time. With JUDD on your side, by July you could very well lose some more inches and fit in to the smaller ones.

Have you thought of checking out some of the higher end consignment shops in your area?

I remember way back when DD was getting married. I looked and looked every where for a mother of the bride dress. It was awful. I could not find anything that did not make me look dowdy and matronly! And, I was neither!

Two weeks before the wedding I was driving from a meeting at the cake place and spotted this little consignment shop for women's clothing. Can't remember the name, but it had a really cute name and that's what got my attention. The first thing I saw hanging on display was a peacock blue beaded dress with a drop waist. The tag said, "Previously owned, never worn" and it still had the original price tag on it along with the new consignment tag.

I grabbed it, walked into the dressing room and it was an amazing, perfect fit! That dress was awesome. I didn't have to look at anything else! couldn't believe it after having looked in Nordstrom's, J.C.Penney's, Sears, Macy's, even shops on El Paseo Drive in Palm Springs! I still have that dress and some day I'm going to fit into it again and wear it on a cruise!

For Ds's wedding I accidentally stumbled on a clearance rack at Nordstrom's when I was there shopping with BFF.

Just relax about it, Sweetie and don't stress out, OK? Promise?

Maybe the stress of it made things not work out so well today. There are other places to look and somewhere out there is the perfect outfit for you. You will know it when you see it. It will call to you.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks girls... thank god its a UD day.. I just came back from taco bell .. i just needed to comfort my self with food. as hard as it was to not be able to wear anything.. i just didnt care for the moment and ate two tacos and some beans~ Cheating my way to cheerfull i guess
Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I know exactly what you mean. You still have a little time though to get down just a smidge to the next size. If all else fails, there's Spanx!
Thanks Dawn..
Old 06-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Kimberly, Sweet One!Do not despair! Like Dawn said, you still have time. With JUDD on your side, by July you could very well lose some more inches and fit in to the smaller ones.

Have you thought of checking out some of the higher end consignment shops in your area?

I remember way back when DD was getting married. I looked and looked every where for a mother of the bride dress. It was awful. I could not find anything that did not make me look dowdy and matronly! And, I was neither!

Two weeks before the wedding I was driving from a meeting at the cake place and spotted this little consignment shop for women's clothing. Can't remember the name, but it had a really cute name and that's what got my attention. The first thing I saw hanging on display was a peacock blue beaded dress with a drop waist. The tag said, "Previously owned, never worn" and it still had the original price tag on it along with the new consignment tag.

I grabbed it, walked into the dressing room and it was an amazing, perfect fit! That dress was awesome. I didn't have to look at anything else! couldn't believe it after having looked in Nordstrom's, J.C.Penney's, Sears, Macy's, even shops on El Paseo Drive in Palm Springs! I still have that dress and some day I'm going to fit into it again and wear it on a cruise!

For Ds's wedding I accidentally stumbled on a clearance rack at Nordstrom's when I was there shopping with BFF.

Just relax about it, Sweetie and don't stress out, OK? Promise?

Maybe the stress of it made things not work out so well today. There are other places to look and somewhere out there is the perfect outfit for you. You will know it when you see it. It will call to you.
Yam i promise,, i wil relax now.. I stuffed my self with tacos and feel so much better.. aint that sad,, food has always been where i go to when i feel awfull.. and becasue of food NOTHING FITS~~oh the irony..
Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
By 1st of July those Just a tad too small clothes will fit your perfectly! Then you run the risk of them being too big by July 18th!!!!!
Funny thing here... I forgot all about the "goal sweater" i bought too small.. and worked so hard to get into.. this thought did not apply today when i was looking for somthing to buy .. But i will remember it now.. and work harder to get it to fit!!~
Old 06-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post

I hate shopping!
i have always hated shopping.. i just had the illusion that if i lost weight i might actaully like it now.. well .. NOT!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Kim, honey. Breathe. Would you rather be 38 pounds heavier and have clothes that fit? (No! screams the audience.) Have a little faith.
I had to MC an event last night and I am tired of buying clothes that become too big in two weeks. (Oh, man, I take that back. I love it, but I'm giving clothes away as fast as I buy them!) I had nothing that fit.
So I went to a Value Village (or VV Boutique, we say in theatre) and I found my first ever "little black dress"! I have always wanted one of these, but my lower half was so much bigger than my upper half that it never worked.
Well, I'll tell you. For something like ten dollars, I looked smokin'. Never felt more beautiful.
It'll happen to you, too. Trust. The perfect outfit is finding its way to you as we speak. And you will be the most beautiful belle of the ball.
(Just my two cents. Ignore me COMPLETELY if this doesn't make you feel better immediately.)
Old 06-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Kim, honey. Breathe. Would you rather be 38 pounds heavier and have clothes that fit? (No! screams the audience.) Have a little faith.
I had to MC an event last night and I am tired of buying clothes that become too big in two weeks. (Oh, man, I take that back. I love it, but I'm giving clothes away as fast as I buy them!) I had nothing that fit.
So I went to a Value Village (or VV Boutique, we say in theatre) and I found my first ever "little black dress"! I have always wanted one of these, but my lower half was so much bigger than my upper half that it never worked.
Well, I'll tell you. For something like ten dollars, I looked smokin'. Never felt more beautiful.
It'll happen to you, too. Trust. The perfect outfit is finding its way to you as we speak. And you will be the most beautiful belle of the ball.
(Just my two cents. Ignore me COMPLETELY if this doesn't make you feel better immediately.)
thanks.. made me cry .. but.. i hope to somday find my lil black dress too and look smokin in it
Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Its amazing how many inches you can lose in a month's time. You'll be able to find something. At least some of the clothes were too big. Usually everything I try on is too small and I go home sad
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
LOVE this!
Kimberly, I am so hoping that you will not worry about this event because I know you are going to look beautiful and much better than you really think! You and I are a lot alike in that we are pretty critical of ourselves! If you wait until after the 4th, you are going to see a lot of the summer dresses go on sale and sometimes that is when I find the perfect outfit.

Also, I love to shop online first before I go to the store and if I found the outfit I am in love with, I will take it to the salesclerk and ask for them to help me. This has been wonderful for special events! You would be surprised what they have matched for me.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Its amazing how many inches you can lose in a month's time. You'll be able to find something. At least some of the clothes were too big. Usually everything I try on is too small and I go home sad
Well i need now to get my big butt in gear.. actually it my dang muffin that is my issue... I am goin to work out every day now~ i soo need those inches gone~
Old 06-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
LOVE this!
Kimberly, I am so hoping that you will not worry about this event because I know you are going to look beautiful and much better than you really think! You and I are a lot alike in that we are pretty critical of ourselves! If you wait until after the 4th, you are going to see a lot of the summer dresses go on sale and sometimes that is when I find the perfect outfit.

Also, I love to shop online first before I go to the store and if I found the outfit I am in love with, I will take it to the salesclerk and ask for them to help me. This has been wonderful for special events! You would be surprised what they have matched for me.
hey thats a cool idea.. pehaps i need somone else to choose ideas for me and my body shape.. the dress barn does that,, i think i will go do that this weekend,, thanks girls i doo feel so much better now i love you all
Old 06-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know who brought up the Spanx, but OH boy that has helped me feel much better so many times! I have a spanx for dresses that is amazing!

Love ya Kimberly! Big hugs!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
it will all work sweets!
you have worked so hard, come so far, and are so lovely
trying clothes on is brutal BUT when you find the right thing you will be so content
DON'T be mean to yourself. you didn't even cheat yourself my dear. what is two tacos and some beans? sounds like a normal meal to me.
Are you looking at the right styles for your newly thin (in progress ) bod?
I look for forgiving dresses (mostly empire waisted for my build) and flowy tops that will still be good as I continue to lose. And I wear serious hold-me-in and strap-me-up undergarments if I am going out in public. Wearing the wrong undies to try things on can be a sore trial. You have no way of knowing what will be good without the right foundation. Consignment, thrift, and discount (like Marshalls) are places for great, inexpensive finds. You have a whole month to go almost! Keep your chin up and tummy in
Old 06-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Hey sweetie--
I'm so sorry you had such a discouraging day.
I've had them, too...I've lost a nice chunk of weight but still have a horribly lumpy shape and big belly...hate seeing myself in those changing room mirrors.

OK, I hope this doesn't sound too obvious but--don't forget there are these magical people called tailors!!!!

I worked at a bridal shop and many people brought in their regular clothes for alterations. They would even buy stuff that was SEVERAL sizes too big, just because it was on sale, then bring it in to us!!! Now, I understood hemming pants for kids, or letting out/taking in a favorite dress a little bit if a person's weight had changed--but it never would have occurred to me to BUY something that wasn't in my size--especially something used or from a thrift store!!! But if they found something that was valuable and bought it for under $10, they considered it was still a good bargain to spend $20-50 on alterations. (so foreign to my very frugal and unfashionable upbringing )

It's also handy for women who feel they have "odd" measurements (big bust/narrow shoulders/small ribcage, big hips/small waist, etc).

Some designs/materials are difficult to alter. But you could buy a few outfits, take them to a tailor, have them tell you which one they could best work their magic on, and return the other stuff. They would probably even have some suggestions on what would be most flattering.

IMO, a bridal shop will probably have the best tailors/seamstresses (because of all the beading and delicate materials they work with). Our shop did amazing work...they would reposition pockets/belt loops etc and you'd never know things had been taken in 4 inches!!! You might even find something surprisingly nice & affordable at bridal shops--they usually sell formal, semi-formal, and cocktail dresses (for proms, mother-of-the-bride, etc; I know that prob doesn't sound appropriate for a class reunion but I really loved some of the dresses we sold!!!).

Places like JCPenny, Lord & Taylor, etc usually do alterations, too, as well as many dry-cleaners.

Or--do you have any theater friends? They are often quite handy at making & altering costumes! One of my neighbors who is a professional opera singer & voice coach (but not a professional seamstress, lol) loves to sew and does very nice repairs & alterations.

Good luck!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-20-2012 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: punctuation
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
hey thats a cool idea.. pehaps i need somone else to choose ideas for me and my body shape.. the dress barn does that,, i think i will go do that this weekend,, thanks girls i doo feel so much better now i love you all
I love, love, love Dress Barn! I find the cutest stuff there. My daughter finds the most adorable stuff at Ross for very little money. I rarely get to go to either of those stores because I live in the boonies. But you might check out a Ross or Marshall's and see what they have if you don't find something at Dress Barn.

Also, just a thought here but take your camera with you. Turn off the flash and take some pictures of yourself in different dresses when you are trying them on. I've had times where I wore something I didn't think looked so hot. Then I saw a picture of myself and thought, "Dang! I look good in that!"

Unfortunately recently it worked the other way around. I wore a pair of white capris that I knew were too baggy, but they were comfy. On top I wore a pretty gray blouse that had rhinestones and big painted roses on the front. What the heck was I thinking????

When I saw the pictures of me with DD at her graduation party I almost cried! I looked horrible! Note to self: Big busted women should never wear blouses with bling and painted roses on the boobage area! And, P.S. wearing baggy pants makes you look FAT!!! Time to donate the capris.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I don't know who brought up the Spanx, but OH boy that has helped me feel much better so many times! I have a spanx for dresses that is amazing!

Love ya Kimberly! Big hugs!
I've always wondered about Spanx. How do you know what size to buy?? Where do you get yours? I like buying stuff on line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
it will all work sweets!
you have worked so hard, come so far, and are so lovely
trying clothes on is brutal BUT when you find the right thing you will be so content
DON'T be mean to yourself. you didn't even cheat yourself my dear. what is two tacos and some beans? sounds like a normal meal to me.
Are you looking at the right styles for your newly thin (in progress ) bod?
I look for forgiving dresses (mostly empire waisted for my build) and flowy tops that will still be good as I continue to lose. And I wear serious hold-me-in and strap-me-up undergarments if I am going out in public. Wearing the wrong undies to try things on can be a sore trial. You have no way of knowing what will be good without the right foundation. Consignment, thrift, and discount (like Marshalls) are places for great, inexpensive finds. You have a whole month to go almost! Keep your chin up and tummy in
as always, Lou!

Good ideas from Pirate Jenny as well!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

I've always wondered about Spanx. How do you know what size to buy?? Where do you get yours? I like buying stuff on line.

as always, Lou!

Good ideas from Pirate Jenny as well!
I found out about Spanx before I went on a cruise several years ago and 30 lbs lighter than I am now. Believe me, when you wear form fitting dresses or evening attire, they are miraculous! Even though I was 145 lbs, and wearing sz 6, I felt fat. Or at least in my little black dress. I was trying on clothes at Chico's exactly like Kimberly and very distressed and the sweet sales clerk, asked if I had tried on spanx and that it may make a big difference in the way the clothes fit. She was right! The one that I have the best luck with is called, "Spanx In-Power™ Line Super Higher Power". You can look them up on their website or Zappos/Amazon.

I copied their sz chart and it is pretty accurate.

Power Panties & Hosiery
Size Height Weight
(in pounds)
A 4'10" - 5'5" 95 - 125
B 4'10" - 5'8" 115 - 150
C 4'11" - 6'0" 140 - 180
D 5'0" - 6'0" 165 - 220
E 5'1" - 6'0" 195 - 265
F 5'1" - 6'0" 240 - 300
G 5'2" - 6'0" 290 - 325

Last edited by sunday; 06-20-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just looked on the Spanx website and their prices are cheaper than at the store. Plus I am sure the customer service would be awesome. So there you go!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
My goodness, you learn something every day! Do Spanx make you feel sweaty?

Kimberly, you were just in the wrong store(s). At a different store, with a different buyer who chose more to your sizing and taste, and you could have been struggling to decide between 2 dresses.

You may be a little early, anyway. Maybe what happened today just kept you from buying something you'd be disappointed didn't fit on the appointed day.

What I hate about shopping is the time it takes. And so often an experience like Kimberly's, so that you are really thinking, "I don't have time for this!" Oh, and crowds. Oh, and florescent lighting.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
You can go to Macy's and try them on in intimate apparel. They have people to help you pick the best size and style for you. I was once a personal shopper for them, and they always have a mature woman who will be a great asset to you in that department.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Start Date: 4/29/13
Kimberely you have plenty of time to make a difference, and like others said if all else fails there is spanx
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
My goodness, you learn something every day! Do Spanx make you feel sweaty?
No, as a matter of fact, they are light like panty hose. Don't understand how they can be so strong? And light at the same time???

My daughter was married on the hottest day of the year, July 2! It was 105 degrees and I was melting, but I wore my spanx underneath my dress and I felt like a million bucks!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
I really believe sometimes it is all about the lighting. Some stores just have the worst possible set up when it comes to lighting those dressing rooms, and nothing will look good!
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Kimberly you are probably one of the sweetest people on this site. It breaks my that you would ever think you have undone anything. You are in such a great place and you are my hero for going in those dressing rooms and looking in the mirrors with those lights before you know it you will be in that JUST too small size and be over spending much to your DH dismay. Cheer up you are getting smaller as I type
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Kimberly...I am chiming in here very late. Past 2am in Dallas. Anyway I wanted to say ....I don't know how I could add any better suggestions and sentiments than you have already gotten, but what I do know is how beautiful you are. Beautiful face. Beautiful smile.Beautiful spirit. You are gonna be smashing when you find that perfect dress or whatever outfit you choose. Not one single doubt. Even hope you will post a pic for us when the time comes. With all that going for you, I understand the profound words "The outfit does not make the person!"

I know...I know...we are women...and we Want to love ourselves in the outfit too!!!!....And that's alright!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote