Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Exercise and UD

Ok, I understand not eating your exercise calories on DD's. But what about UD's since one is supposed to be sure she eats all of her calories?

For example, based on the calculator for 20% weight loss and sedentary lifestyle my UD amount is 1800. So, if I ate that but worked out this morning and burned 300 calories (using a heart rate monitor for accuracy) then I only took in 1500 calories for the day. Should I now eat 300 more calories to make sure I'm hitting my ceiling?

I've never added in exercise calories before but all the talk of making sure you eat all your UD calories got me thinking.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
What did you do to burn 300 calories? When I use my Natilus machine and do about 35 minutes of HIIT I only burn roughly 200 calories. How Do you use a heart rate moniter to figure out calories burned. My Natilus does it for me based on timing and settings of resistance.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #3

I never go by the calorie counter on the machine because they are never accurate. I wear a Polar heart rate monitor that has a chest strap and a watch type wristband that gives the readout (heart rate, time, calories burned, etc). I also enter in my height, weight and age so it gives an accurate reading. I wear this when using the treadmill, elliptical, strength training, videos, even sometimes when cleaning the house (out of curiosity).

My question was only hypothetical because I didn't wear the monitor while treadmilling this morning. If I were going to take into consideration any exercise calories I would definitely wear it for an accurate number.

ETA: I have burned 300 calories or more during treadmill workouts and some strength training videos.

Last edited by jiggles; 06-19-2012 at 07:06 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #4

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
I never go by the calorie counter on the machine because they are never accurate. I wear a Polar heart rate monitor that has a chest strap and a watch type wristband that gives the readout (heart rate, time, calories burned, etc). I also enter in my height, weight and age so it gives an accurate reading. I wear this when using the treadmill, elliptical, strength training, videos, even sometimes when cleaning the house (out of curiosity).

My question was only hypothetical because I didn't wear the monitor while treadmilling this morning. If I were going to take into consideration any exercise calories I would definitely wear it for an accurate number.

ETA: I have burned 300 calories or more during treadmill workouts and some strength training videos.
I use a HRM too, and never eat back my calories, but I have more to lose than you do. I would suggest trying it each way and see what results you get. Some people need to eat them back to get out of stress response, and others don't.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #5

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I never eat my calories that I burn. I simply use the level for calories on JUDDD that says Light exercise 1-3 even though I exercise 5-6 days a week! What level of activity are you using?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #6

I just use the little or no exercise option. I have been working out 5 days a week (at 5 AM before work) lately (they aren't all strenuous workouts though) but since I have a desk job I don't want to overestimate my calories by entering a different level.

I'm not going to add back in my calories burned at this point but I was just curious about what others thought about how exercise ties into "eating all your UD calories."
Old 06-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #7

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Let us know how that goes for you! Good luck!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post

Love the Polar heart rate monitor. i find it to be very accurate. I wear it around the house when im cleaning too.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote