Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
I took that test a while back, and came out strongly as a fast oxidizer. I also lose better with more calories on hcg, and I have far too many rounds to prove it. I think the prolonged caloric restriction of hcg was ultimately a bad idea for me, personally. ( I don't blame the plan -- I blame myself for running back to p2 far too often, and for far too long.)

I'm hoping just to maintain for these first few weeks of JUDDD, and then I will tweak around and try to find a formula that yields losses for me -- but I am still recalibrating after my last p2 round, and I suspect that may take a little while.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Sunday -- my heart goes out to you over the loss of your brother -- no words are adequate in a situation like that one. Just sending love and prayers your way.
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
I took that test a while back, and came out strongly as a fast oxidizer. I also lose better with more calories on hcg, and I have far too many rounds to prove it. I think the prolonged caloric restriction of hcg was ultimately a bad idea for me, personally. ( I don't blame the plan -- I blame myself for running back to p2 far too often, and for far too long.)

I'm hoping just to maintain for these first few weeks of JUDDD, and then I will tweak around and try to find a formula that yields losses for me -- but I am still recalibrating after my last p2 round, and I suspect that may take a little while.
sounds like we're quite similar.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Thank you mini! I really appreciate that.

Took the test and I am definitely balanced. Wow! Thanks circusgirl for the info, because I have never known this. It makes perfect sense also. It says for me to lose weight, I need to strive for equal carb/protein/fat and that I can not eat refined sugar. I am going to start paying attention to the ratios and in fact, I am going to go look up what has been the last few weeks. I really am thankful to know this.

Refined sugars like those found in cookies, sweets, and soda and processed grains like white bread or white rice should be shunned whenever possible, especially on a weight-loss regimen. You do best with a mix of fruits and vegetables from both the fast and slow oxidizers’ carb lists.

I love pickles and jalapenos on down day and I tend to look for a pickle if I have to eat something after dinner. I also go for salty over sweet, so I have to have my fruit with my meal or I will forgo it later on.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 06-19-2012 at 05:40 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I took the test am it said that I am a balanced oxidizer. I'm not sure what that means, I need to do soMe research.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I took this from Jillian Michael's website~

(I noticed that I already eat this way normally, so maybe I figured it out on my own. )

Balanced Oxidizers
If you are a balanced oxidizer, your diet is the easiest to follow, since you require an equal percentage of carbs, fats, and proteins. You feel at your best on a diet that incorporates a wide range of foods. Your ideal macronutrient ratio is 40 percent carbs, 30 percent protein, and 30 percent fat.

Proteins
You operate best when you are getting 30 percent of your total calories from protein. Be careful to mix the kinds of protein you eat so that you consume high-fat and high-purine proteins with low-fat and low-purine proteins. Choose from this list of proteins when deciding on a meal or snack.

High Purine: organ meats (pâté, liver, etc.), herring, mussels, sardines, anchovies

Moderate Purine: beef, bacon, dark meat chicken, duck, lamb, spareribs, dark meat turkey, veal, wild game, salmon, shellfish (lobster, shrimp, crab), oysters, scallops, octopus, squid, dark tuna, eggs, regular-fat cheeses

Low Purine: white meat chicken, turkey breast, lean pork, catfish, cod, flounder, perch, sole, trout, white tuna, swordfish, low-fat cheese, low-fat cottage cheese, skim milk, low-fat yogurt, egg whites

Carbohydrates
With regard to carbs, the real significant difference between balanced, fast, and slow oxidizers is not the types of carbs allowed but the quantity. You should get 40 percent of your nutrients from carbs, but like everyone you should avoid simple carbs and foods that are rated high on the glycemic load index, which we get into in the next chapter. Refined sugars like those found in cookies, sweets, and soda and processed grains like white bread or white rice should be shunned whenever possible, especially on a weight-loss regimen. You do best with a mix of fruits and vegetables from both the fast and slow oxidizers’ carb lists.

Vegetables—Low Starch: asparagus, cauliflower, celery, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, collard greens, cucumbers, garlic, kale, leafy greens, onions, peppers, scallions, sprouts, tomatoes, watercress

Vegetables—Moderate: Starch beets, eggplant, jicama, okra, yellow squash, zucchini

Fruits: apples, berries, cherries, citrus fruits, peaches, pears, apricots, plums, tropical fruits

Grains: barley, brown rice, buckwheat, corn, couscous, kasha, millet, oat, quinoa, rice, rye, spelt

Legumes/Lentils (all fresh, nothing dried), tempeh, tofu, beans, peas

Fats
In order to best support your metabolism, you need to be getting roughly 30 percent of your calories from natural oils and fats. Don’t eat excessive amounts of fat, but don’t specifically restrict your fat intake. You can choose from fats on both the fast and slow oxidizers’ lists of permissible fats.

Nuts/Seeds: (listed in order of protein content) walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, filberts, pecans, chestnuts, pistachios, coconut, macadamias

Fats/Oils: butter, cream, almond oil, peanut oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil

Eat the foods that are ideal for you. Also remember these guidelines of what not to do.

1. Don’t eat meals made up of just one macronutrient. Make sure you adhere to your ideal ratio of 40 percent carbs, 30 percent protein, and 30 percent fat.

2. Don’t drink alcohol. It depletes glycogen storage in the liver, which causes an increase in blood sugar and fat storage. In addition, you will most likely experience a sugar crash, which leads to a heightened appetite for carbs and the nutrients you need to metabolize them. If you do have a drink, choose wisely and avoid sugary cocktails, beer, and wine. Opt instead for clear alcohols such as vodka or rum with calorie-free mixers, like club soda diet, light fruit juices or diet Snapple. And there’s always straight or on the rocks as well.

3. Don’t eat foods that are high on the glycemic load index. (Again, see the next chapter for a full understanding of glycemic load.) If you should happen to eat high-GLI foods, make sure you accompany them with protein in order to show down the rate of oxidation and stabilize blood sugar and energy levels.

4. Don’t drink too much caffeine. Caffeine is only effective as a fat burner or performance enhancer when taken in pill form and combined with aspirin. In the forms of coffee, tea, or soda, caffeine gives you short-term energy but does that by signaling to your adrenal glands to dump all of their store out into your blood. When the caffeine wears off, your adrenal glands are so depleted they have to take a break, which means that you feel tired and weak.

5. Don’t overcook your meat. Avoid overcooked animal products, since heat destroys essential amino acids and valuable enzymes.

Now that you have your list of foods that are ideal for your metabolic type, you will have more energy and feel better if you eat to support your metabolism. However, many of the foods on your list are high in calories. Your diet should incorporate these types of foods in accordance with your caloric allowance.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I don't know, JUDDD BUDDDs. Not sure what the answer is but something is interesting. So Happy (Pat) I know you're right, but something about upping the calories is a catalyst, and for whatever reason it doesn't seem to happen for me unless I up them.

I've been into this WOE for a short time, but there's something here. I'm trying to track it down, the mechanism for this strange phenomenon. I'll know more as I keep going, and as I said, if I up ALL my DD's I don't think I'd experience this. It's like my body needs a little nudge to know it's okay or something.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote