Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
JUDDD Challenge: four day trip w/inlaws

I"m heading out this morning for a four-day trip with my husband, daughter, and parents-in-law to Ocean City. It should be a lot of fun! It'll be interesting and perhaps challenging in a couple of ways, though. We can't afford a separate room, so all five of us (and Father B's electric wheelchair) will be sharing one hotel room. And I have two Down Days to deal with, while trying to keep my normal irritation at having to listen to my MIL for hours on end under control.

Today is a travel DD, so it probably won't be too bad. I doubt they'll pay much attention to what I eat and don't eat. They know I don't eat a lot of sugar/starch. I just don't want to deal with diet talk; Father B is diabetic, and he eats candy and sweets regularly, then uses insulin to cover it. I disagree SO strongly with that sort of regimen. But it's his life, and he's in a lot of pain with other health issues, that I'm certainly not going to lecture him on sweets.

I'm more worried about Thursday, my other DD. We'll be together all day, and may be out on the boardwalk. Again, I don't plan to talk much about it, and hope they don't pay much attention. In general, people tend to be too focused on their own stuff to worry about mine. But I do worry.

Anyway, I'm planning on allowing up to 35% (about 800 calories) for these DDs, instead of forcing myself to stick to my normal 20%, so I'm building in some flexibility.

I am looking forward to the beach and the boardwalk. And the company, in truth. I just know that after hours together, my patience with my MIL tends to wear very thin.

Wish me luck!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Synger, good luck! You know, maybe you go up to maintenance level for that day only? I don't know what that would be for you, but probably around 1,000. Just a thought! More important, enjoy your trip. Don't let anyone dictate what you put in your mouth. It's your body, YOU DECIDE! When they BLAH BLAH BLAH about it, just think of how good you feel with what all you have accomplished!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Good luck and have fun! As much as you can, anyway!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF

Good luck,

Count to ten before you speak,

In all the confusion - unless they are looking for opportunities to make comments - no one will notice how much you eat,

Print a couple of lectures from this forum. If someone does comment, bore them to tears with information about why you are right and they are not so much (I recommend using any lecture I have written - works like a charm every time)
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Have fun! I agree hold your tongue and remember that it is a great memory for your DD to have for years to come!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sammycat
Stats: 139/134/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
synger, Your very brave to go on holiday with your inlaws, but I'm sure you'll breeze through it and have a great time.

Sounds like your very practical, with your FIL and cutting him slack on his sweets/insulin. I'm sure you'll handle it all with flair.

Maintenance sounds a good option to me. You may find your not that hungry when your DD comes around. I wouldn't eat over what you want though just to keep them from being critical of your woe.

Is it Ocean City MD or NJ? I lived in OC NJ for 11 years and loved every minute.

Have fun
sammycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have always gotten away with using the old "My stomach is a little upset today. I am not sure I can hold much down."

Have a great time and stick to what YOU want to eat or not eat.

Second - why should you even care what someone else thinks? Guess my mother raised me to be a tad too independent although the older I get the less I care about other people and what they do or don't do. Just had to throw that in there.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Xanax don't have any calories! That's how I survived living with my in laws for six months. Also I gained 20 lbs. I lost all of it effortlessly the second we moved out. Try to have a good time anyway. I think my in laws are really part of the Cullen clan From Twilite and are immortal, seriously.

Last edited by Muffabuff; 06-20-2012 at 11:07 PM..
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Whoops!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Back from OC (MD) and had a great time. Had to up my calories... I get irritable when I'm on DD calories, and usually I'm at work or doing stuff around the house. I found that I was having a hard time curbing my tongue around my MIL, so I just ate a bit more to even out my mood. *sigh* Not unexpected, but still a little disappointing.

I'm up 6 pounds, but I'm sure most of it is water weight. Did a lot of walking, reading, sitting in the sun, swam in the ocean, napped, ate, more walking, etc.

I'm back in town until Friday, then it's off to Michigan for a week to visit MY family. Fortunately, I'll be much more in control of food this trip, so I'm not as worried about coping.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Have a great time with your family.