Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaos0100
Stats: 415/269/
WOE: JUDDD - started 6/25/12
Start Date: 3/27/12
Hello - Considering JUDDD and a Few Questions

Hello - I am a current low-carber. I've been on and off low carb diets for many years. I recently re-started my low carb eating plan. In the 13 weeks I've been eating low carb, I've lost 22.6 pounds, averaging out to 1.75 lbs per week. Considering the amount of weight I need to lose (well over 100 pounds), this weekly amount isn't satisfactory. That said, I've been reading up on JUDDD here on the JUDDD forum. I have a few questions. I apologize if they've been asked and answered. I have read as many of your posts as I can, but still have a few questions.

1. I am currently on the low carb eating plan. If I decide to go the JUDDD route, do I add back in carbs like bread, potatoes, fruit, etc.? Or do I continue to eat low carb foods, simply adding in more calories on the up day? I'm a little confused as to whether to continue eating low carb on JUDDD.

2. I seem to be addicted to sugar..once I start I can't stop. Do most people who previously stopped sugar start consuming it again on JUDDD?

3. How do I figure out what is best for me as far as carb levels go?

The JUDDD forum has proved extremely interesting and I anxiously await any guidance you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos0100 View Post
Hello - I am a current low-carber. I've been on and off low carb diets for many years. I recently re-started my low carb eating plan. In the 13 weeks I've been eating low carb, I've lost 22.6 pounds, averaging out to 1.75 lbs per week. Considering the amount of weight I need to lose (well over 100 pounds), this weekly amount isn't satisfactory. That said, I've been reading up on JUDDD here on the JUDDD forum. I have a few questions. I apologize if they've been asked and answered. I have read as many of your posts as I can, but still have a few questions.

1. I am currently on the low carb eating plan. If I decide to go the JUDDD route, do I add back in carbs like bread, potatoes, fruit, etc.? Or do I continue to eat low carb foods, simply adding in more calories on the up day? I'm a little confused as to whether to continue eating low carb on JUDDD.

2. I seem to be addicted to sugar..once I start I can't stop. Do most people who previously stopped sugar start consuming it again on JUDDD?

3. How do I figure out what is best for me as far as carb levels go?

The JUDDD forum has proved extremely interesting and I anxiously await any guidance you can provide.
JUDDD is simply a framework for your calorie allotments. It's up to you WHAT you eat. If you feel better with low carb, stay low carb. If you have problems with sugar, it's best to avoid it, at least until you have a handle on your UD/DD rotations. Then you could try adding it in slowly.

Whenever you add back carbs after being low carb for any length of time, you WILL gain water weight. There's no way around that. Your body replenishes the glycogen stores it lost in your initial week(s) of low carb. It's NOT fat, just water, but something to consider if that will bother you. (My gain was about 3 lbs and I eat anything I want now, but I don't have any issues with sugar/carbs as a rule).

It's absolutely individual, so the best way to figure out your carb tolerance is to experiment.

A word of caution: JUDDD is NOT known to be a fast weight loss plan. If you're losing 1.75 lbs per week with low carb, you may or may not lose better with JUDDD. You'll need to decide if it's worth it to try. However, there are a ton of other health benefits from JUDDD that you won't see with low carb--decreased inflammation, better mood, anti-aging, etc., etc.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck! and !

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
May 2014: Still maintaining; taking a stab at HDE/IE
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
Hi Karen,

I'm a newb myself, so I won't attempt to answer any plan type questions. I just wanted to offer encouragement. I decided to stay VLC on my DDs and LC on my UDs. What this means for me is no sugar, but if I want some popcorn on an UD, I can have it. I am attempting to limit my UD carbs to <80. My DD carbs should be <20. I know carbs are a problem for me, and it's pretty freeing (psychologically) to say I could have a little if I want it on an UD, but I do need to have moderation. I don't stay at the ultra-low carb levels because I do love my veggies and berries. Sometimes a grapefruit. And some dairy like greek yogurt.

All I know about speed is that I have done some pretty serious calorie restriction in the past, and it didn't do a single thing for speeding up loss. I also did wildly untracked fat eating where my carbs were super low but my calories were very high, again not much loss at all. I think if you are a committed LCer, then the alternate day plan of JUDDD might in fact speed it up because technically Atkins doesn't do calorie restriction. So doing Atkins in combo with restriction should help, no? I personally am wanting to change my thinking that on an UD I can have whatever I want, but if I want to say in OWL, I had better make good choices. But those are richer, tastier, and sometimes a tad bit carb-ier choices than I could make on a DD and it makes me happy that tomorrow is always another day!

I'll be your BUDDD if you want to give it a go! I'm only on day 4, my second DD. Yesterday was a "holiday" complete with BBQ ribs, creamed corn and cake and I still stayed well within my UD allotment. I think that's pretty cool, and I was able to hit today as a DD without a worry of feeling deprived.

Maybe it's worth a shot?
amlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Hi Karen, the great thing about JUDDD is it doesn't tell you what to eat but HOW to eat. So you can keep low carb, or as a lot of people do go more moderate carb. I have added a lot of "healthy" carbs back in that I thought I would never be able to have again. I don't shudder over the thought of eating an apple or a grape.

However, I have found that whatever trigger food you had on LC will still be here to haunt you if you switch to JUDDD. I had a fight with a birthday cake a couple weeks ago and the cake definately won and I had cravings for days Yet I'm still losing weight and don't stall out for weeks at a time like I did with strict LC. I will say though that I wouldn't be JUDDDing if I had other diet choices because honestly I don't like counting and restricting my calories and I really like being able to eat whatever I wanted on LC (goodness knows how many calories a day I was eating ) but alas it wasn't helping me lose weight and this is. Its not an *easy* plan in that it involves lots of planning and measuring and counting, but it does work so read a lot about it, educate yourself, and then make the decision that you think will work best for you.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #5

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
S here.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for both your posts.

As I am researching this plan, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around being able to eat bread, corn, etc., if I want. I am so in the low carb "mindset" that I can barely comprehend being able to eat them again.

Currently I eat less than 20 carbs per day. I don't really count calories, but I guess in a way I do...I track them on ******. Most days, I WAY under eat calorie-wise what I should probably be eating. I always stay under 20 net carbs per day though. I do believe there is something to the theory that undereating will result in a slower weight loss.

Even though I have been averaging 1.75 lbs per week, generally my weight loss goes: lose 2 pounds this week, next week gain 2 pounds, next week lose 3 pounds, next week gain, etc. It's very frustrating.
Kaos0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Yes, you can eat all those things again as long as you don't let your cravings get out of control and are therefore not able to stay within your calories. Eventually most people try to find a healthy medium, as in my case, most of my calories come from fresh veggies and fruit and some meat and I try to keep limited treats but ultimately I eat what I want and that is very liberating.

The flipside to JUDDD that most people don't talk about too much is that you need to eat almost all the way to your up day calories, otherwise the calorie spread won't be enough and you won't lose weight. Its a fun thought as well. For example I eat 1900 calories on my up day and 375-400 on my down day. Average it out and I'm eating less than 1150 calories a day but it doesn't feel that way. It feels like much more. That's where the magic comes in. I hope that helps clarify and if you have any more questions, ask away.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-18-2012 at 02:00 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #8

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I was a long term LC girl. 11 years.

I didn't introduce carbs for oh...2 weeks. I now eat any food provided I stay within my calories for the day.

I reached my goal in under 2 months (only a 8 or so pounds) since which time I have maintained at 2 to 4 below my goal weight.

I so recommend JUDDD, it has given my a 'normal life' back. We all do JUDDD in our own way and I am not suggesting that you should cease following LC. I can only share my own experience.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.6/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Hi Karen and welcome to JUDD I came from Atkins too and my weight loss continues at the similar speed as it did on Atkins. I am very close to my goal weight, so the loss is slowing down now on the scale (but my clothes fit better). I first started with low carbs but I had this itch after a cuple of weeks to add some carbs that I missed on Atkins. I have made a mistake of adding the carbs too quickly I got some serious food cravings from that. Of course everyone is different. Some people are able to add more carbs right away and do fine with it. If I was you, I would try to do JUDD low carbs first and then very slowly add carbs, like you would on Atkins where you progressively add 5 gr of carbs a week. Wishing you best of luck and lots of JUDD magic

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: williamson_ja
I am starting this week and decided to do a mostly low carb version of the JUDDD program. Sugar causes me too many cravings and I'm afraid I'll get out of control with it. I'm thinking that doing low carb plus JUDDD should speed up the weight loss a little anyway. We'll see. It's only my first DD. So far, I ate one egg and one piece of bacon. It was filling and has lasted me until now (3:00). I'm planning on having some zucchini noodles and laughing cow cheese sauce for dinner. The only carb I decided to add back in is the occassional apple and more berries on UD. I noticed that apples don't make me crave too much and berries are pretty low carb and have tons of nutrition. If it causes a problem, I'll take it out again. I think it will be fine though. I don't anticipate bringing breads and grains back into my diet for now. My dd can't eat anything like that for health reasons, so I generally leave it out of all the family meals anyway. I also know that in the past, I was super addicted to breads and sugars and never want to be in that position again!!! Maybe if we are both doing the low carb JUDDD, we can be BUDDS??? Wishing you luck.
williamson_ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #11

Gallery: trish6103
Stats: I would tell you but I'd have to kill you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Hi Karen, the great thing about JUDDD is it doesn't tell you what to eat but HOW to eat. So you can keep low carb, or as a lot of people do go more moderate carb. I have added a lot of "healthy" carbs back in that I thought I would never be able to have again. I don't shudder over the thought of eating an apple or a grape.

I am combining Sugarbusters and JUDDD. My husband is diabetic, and if I keep junk food in the house, I will blow my DDs.
Sugarbusters is moderate carbs and moderate fat. You can have fruit, beans, 100% whole wheat bread and tortillas, etc. They encourage you to use lower fat dairy products.
It's working for me.
trish6103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamson_ja View Post
I am starting this week and decided to do a mostly low carb version of the JUDDD program. Sugar causes me too many cravings and I'm afraid I'll get out of control with it. I'm thinking that doing low carb plus JUDDD should speed up the weight loss a little anyway. We'll see. It's only my first DD. So far, I ate one egg and one piece of bacon. It was filling and has lasted me until now (3:00). I'm planning on having some zucchini noodles and laughing cow cheese sauce for dinner. The only carb I decided to add back in is the occassional apple and more berries on UD. I noticed that apples don't make me crave too much and berries are pretty low carb and have tons of nutrition. If it causes a problem, I'll take it out again. I think it will be fine though. I don't anticipate bringing breads and grains back into my diet for now. My dd can't eat anything like that for health reasons, so I generally leave it out of all the family meals anyway. I also know that in the past, I was super addicted to breads and sugars and never want to be in that position again!!! Maybe if we are both doing the low carb JUDDD, we can be BUDDS??? Wishing you luck.
Just wanted to say and congrats on first DD.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
That is a great plan!

My perception is our LC JUDDD BUDDDs are, for the most part, among our fastest losers.

Let JUDDD magic take hold and, in a few weeks or months, begin to experiment with carby/sweet foods that you would like to have back in your life.

Personally, after a very gradual re-introduction, I now eat whatever I want. And I really enjoy being able to eat lots and lots of veggies without worrying about carbs! (And, yes, even sweets when the calories work out - no more triggers, no more sugar spikes and crashes, just a good tasting food. If I want an energy spike, I bring on the coffee.)
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 06-18-2012 at 02:47 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Good luck with JUDDD - it is a good choice! Your current weight loss on LC only sounds good to me. I was not really losing on LC but have been losing an average of 1.5lb per week on LC JUDDD. I keep fairly low carb but if I really want something occasionally I will have it (onion rings, popcorn, wine!). This freedom has made a huge difference for me in helping me keep going, I don't feel restricted because no matter how bad an UD I have there is always a DD coming up to undo the damage!

Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Quote:
Even though I have been averaging 1.75 lbs per week, generally my weight loss goes: lose 2 pounds this week, next week gain 2 pounds, next week lose 3 pounds, next week gain, etc. It's very frustrating.
Be aware of the bouncing scale with JUDDD/IF

You will bounce up and down, sometimes with no rhyme or reason (like scale up after down day and the reverse). But the trend is always downward overall.
I spent weeks not seeing any down on the scale, but lost oodles of inches during that time.
Heavy carb days are still a big no for me (scale goes up at least 5 pounds if I overdo it) but I am a natural mod carber at around 100-150g a day, but I keep my total sugars under 25g no matter how high my carbs go. You may just jump in there (with good whole foods, not refined garbage) at a moderate level and take the hit to the scale for a little while. You may want to stay lower carb like 75g a day. Trigger foods are always bad, as those of us with long term weigh battles know. The nice thing about JUDDD is that tomorrow is always a new day. And it is actually pretty easy to say no to a food that you can have a serving of tomorrow if you like. Generally you won't even want it the next day.
Your body will be unique in its responses, and you can enjoy the adventure of finding out what is healthiest for you as you choose wisely.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Be aware of the bouncing scale with JUDDD/IF

You will bounce up and down, sometimes with no rhyme or reason (like scale up after down day and the reverse). But the trend is always downward overall.
Yep!

Take a look at the graph on post #12 of the thread, The Scale, She "BOUNCES"!!

You will also see it on the Daily Weights thread.

Don't fear The Bounce!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all your responses. They are much appreciated.

I wanted to give you an example of my food intake. Today is pretty typical.

1500 calories
13 net carbs

1500 calories is 1100 below my daily caloric needs, according to the JUDDD website.

So, with a calorie deficit of 1000 per day, I should be losing pretty steadily. Not happening.

Can you give me an idea of what foods I would eat in order to reach 2600 calories per day on an up day? Excluding sugar of course. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat sugar again in a controlled manner. Maybe someday.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I wanted to add one other thought to this. I have severe arthritis in my knees. The pain is terrible and I will need to have both of them replaced at some point. This is just ONE of the main reasons I need to get this weight off.

Also, how do you manage if your down day occurs on a day that maybe you want to go (or have to go) to a work or family function and would like to eat maybe something high calorie? Can you do two up days in a row and then back to the down day the next?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PhoebeHerself
Stats: 203.4/183.6/160
WOE: -17.8 lbs HCG/JUDDD is next
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Thanks for all your responses. They are much appreciated.

I wanted to give you an example of my food intake. Today is pretty typical.

1500 calories
13 net carbs

1500 calories is 1100 below my daily caloric needs, according to the JUDDD website.

So, with a calorie deficit of 1000 per day, I should be losing pretty steadily. Not happening.

Can you give me an idea of what foods I would eat in order to reach 2600 calories per day on an up day? Excluding sugar of course. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat sugar again in a controlled manner. Maybe someday.
Coconut oil in your coffee or tea. Smoothies with full fat coconut milk (the canned kind). Butter your veggies. Avocado. Nuts!!
PhoebeHerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Full fat dressing, mayo, eggs, coconut bark candy, popcorn with butter on it (or veggies with butter on it), full fat cheese, cream cheese, Heavy Whipping cream, and those are just low carb options, really the possibilities are endless. Surprisingly, it doesn't take much to push your calories that high.

The diet doesn't recommend switching your days for the first 2 weeks to a month until you get a handle on the rotations but when you need to just add a mid-day between your down day and up day and it will alter your rotation to fit your needs (A mid day is your down day added to your up day and divided by 2). For example. If you need Wednesday to be an UD but it is scheduled as a Down day you would plan ahead and do Monday as a Down Day, Tuesday a Mid Day, and Wednesday an Up day, then Thursday would be a down day again. 2 down days in a row are not recommended but occasionally 2 up days are ok.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #21

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
You've received some wonderful and insightful answers already, but I want to add my *Welcome* here. JUDDD is a wonderful plan for guiding your food consumption amounts, but many of us find that our weight loss occurs most easily when we don't skimp on our UD calories, but don't go overboard either. (And stick to our DD calorie numbers or under, of course...)

One thing you posted jumped out at me though, and I wanted to comment on it. You said:

"..........I wanted to give you an example of my food intake. Today is pretty typical.

1500 calories
13 net carbs

So, with a calorie deficit of 1000 per day, I should be losing pretty steadily. Not happening.........."

It is an interesting occurrence that is reported over and over... when we lower our calories too low, and hold them there for an extended time, our body slows our metabolism down in response. Our brain is fooled into thinking we are living in a period of famine and finding little to eat (apparently) and so to preserve our life and health, it slows down our systems, our metabolism slows down, and our weight loss slows down or completely stalls out. Doesn't sound like that should be how it works, but that seems to be how it works.

So on JUDDD, we do hold those calories down really low on Down Days, so low that they are considered fasting levels. But on our following Up Days, we feast. It's important to eat about in that UD calorie range to keep your metabolism perking along at a good speed. This actually promotes weight loss, rather than slowing it down. Those Up Day calories are important ones, and they give us the nutrition and *fill* to make it through the following DDs successfully.

So don't skimp on your Up Days!

I don't know whether you mentioned whether you are a man or a woman, but JUDDD will work wonderfully for you regardless. And if you need weight off because of pain in your knees, you will find JUDDD will help you in more than just the reduction of weight. JUDDD will also be able to help you with any inflammation that may be exacerbating your problem. That should help you feel more comfortable too.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Hi Kaos To Juddd. As to your question about two UD in a row and special events, my take on those is as follows. I think of those occasions as being centered on the people we are with and not about the food that is served. Once you start letting birthdays and baby showers and three day weekends be an excuse to have an extra UD you are really just continuing the same baviours that helped you get overweight to begin with. Two UD in a row are not recommended and certainly not in the first 2-4 weeks of this woe. It is true that Juddd is forgiving but any deviation from the rotation will most likely throw your weight loss off for the week. I had one UUAD that took me over two weeks to recover from. That was the one and only time I went off rotation. On my DH bday I baked him his cake and watched him eat it ALL day, did I touch it? No, it wasn't my bday. Special events are special because of the people that are there, not because of the food. Go enjoy yourself, nibble, go home. At the next event you will be smaller.You won't believe how much better your knees will feel, my RA is sooo much better. Your about to be a much happier you, it just takes a little commitment. Good luck I know you'll do great
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Hi Kaos To Juddd. As to your question about two UD in a row and special events, my take on those is as follows. I think of those occasions as being centered on the people we are with and not about the food that is served. Once you start letting birthdays and baby showers and three day weekends be an excuse to have an extra UD you are really just continuing the same baviours that helped you get overweight to begin with. Two UD in a row are not recommended and certainly not in the first 2-4 weeks of this woe. It is true that Juddd is forgiving but any deviation from the rotation will most likely throw your weight loss off for the week. I had one UUAD that took me over two weeks to recover from. That was the one and only time I went off rotation. On my DH bday I baked him his cake and watched him eat it ALL day, did I touch it? No, it wasn't my bday. Special events are special because of the people that are there, not because of the food. Go enjoy yourself, nibble, go home. At the next event you will be smaller.You won't believe how much better your knees will feel, my RA is sooo much better. Your about to be a much happier you, it just takes a little commitment. Good luck I know you'll do great
Vanessa
Vanessa. I love this" Special events are special because of the people that are there, not because of the food". Just wish more people had this attitude. I just can't stand people pushing food on me I don't want to eat during different events. I usually have to tell them I am allergic to lots of foods and this works (sometimes)
Old 06-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

The reason for asking about changing up the DD and UP for special occassions is that I want to be able to go out to lunch with my co-workers, or possibly my family, or go to a 4th of July BBQ and be able to actually EAT something. For the past 3 months, I have not been out to a weekly lunch with my co-workers because the restaurants they choose have nothing that I can eat on a low carb plan. Memorial Day holiday, my family had a BBQ and the only thing I was able to eat was smoked chicken.

I say all this only to make the point that I want to be able to have more "normal" food. I see that most of you on this JUDDD forum do. I'm not saying I want to go hog-wild crazy and eat a whole birthday cake. I'm talking moderation but still able to enjoy some things.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #25

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I have been on JUDDD for 9 weeks now after LCing for years, I have found sticking with JUDDD is much easier. Lost more freedom to eat and attend special events EVEN on DD's. I am a numbers freak so I Play with the numbers. You will figure out things you can eat that get you to your levels. Crack slaw, LC lasagna, you see the pattern. I do have more carb type things, but in looking back on my food journal, I have eaten more VEGGIES and FRUIT than anything. That can't be bad either! Look forward to reading about your success on JUDDD!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...art-2-a-9.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Full fat dressing, mayo, eggs, coconut bark candy, popcorn with butter on it (or veggies with butter on it), full fat cheese, cream cheese, Heavy Whipping cream, and those are just low carb options, really the possibilities are endless. Surprisingly, it doesn't take much to push your calories that high.

The diet doesn't recommend switching your days for the first 2 weeks to a month until you get a handle on the rotations but when you need to just add a mid-day between your down day and up day and it will alter your rotation to fit your needs (A mid day is your down day added to your up day and divided by 2). For example. If you need Wednesday to be an UD but it is scheduled as a Down day you would plan ahead and do Monday as a Down Day, Tuesday a Mid Day, and Wednesday an Up day, then Thursday would be a down day again. 2 down days in a row are not recommended but occasionally 2 up days are ok.
These are all good suggestions...In fact, I already eat all of these. Full fat dressing (homemade ranch), butter, cream cheese, cheese, heavy whipping cream. All currently part of my diet, yet still I don't seem to get above 1500-1600 calories per day. Sometimes I might hit 1700, but that is rare.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #27

Stop thinking restriction on UD's. See them as your day to eat and fuel up. Ranch is high calorie, add more of it. What is your typical menu for a LC day? Maybe we can give specific suggestions?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Stop thinking restriction on UD's. See them as your day to eat and fuel up. Ranch is high calorie, add more of it. What is your typical menu for a LC day? Maybe we can give specific suggestions?
Typical Menu

Breakfast:

Coffee with Splenda and 3 T. heavy whipping cream
2 Eggs scrambled with 1 t. bacon grease (or 2 boiled eggs)
3 pieces thick-sliced bacon

Lunch:

1-2 cups lettuce
2-3 T. full fat ranch dressing
1 T. bacon bits
Sometimes a little cucumber or red/yellow pepper
1/2 to 1 oz. shredded cheddar
4-5 oz. of some type of meat, chicken, steak or pork chop (usually grilled)

Supper:

Again, 4-5 oz. of some type of meat. Occasionally I will make a Linda Sue recipe that will be more calorie dense.
Some type of non-carb vegetable - usually roasted cauliflower (with olive oil), steamed broccoli dipped in ranch dressing, squash cooked with onion and a little bacon grease, cabbage fried with onion and bacon grease.

For a snack I might have an ounce of almonds, or a couple of pieces of ham with a little cream cheese spread on them.

Basically this is it for the day.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #29

Maybe add some cheese to your eggs in the a.m.? Full fat like Colby Jack or something.

Lunch, add more cheese. 1 oz isn't much. Maybe add slivered almonds to your salad? Avocado's too? I use wholly Guac in my salads often. They have 100c packs or ones that are even higher. Maybe some whole grain crackers with is (if you would do carbs, it not then don't).

On the roasted cauliflower...add extra olive oil. The oil calories add up quickly. Maybe on Up days focus MORE on the calorie dense recipes. I make Linda's and Cleo's recipes for Up days as well.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yellobrix
Stats: 199/175/150
WOE: Tweaking & Discovering
Start Date: Over & Over... 'Til I Get It Right!
Hi - I am new to JUDDD as well. I was looking for a switch to perhaps give my weight loss a nudge and also incorporate some other foods. I have a history of binge eating, so this does feel somewhat risky for me. I really have to be deliberate and careful. On my UD's - which is only three so far - I've eaten some bread on one, some rice on the next, and yesterday was my UD and I kept my carbs much lower and I think I like that better. It felt safer that way.

I have a plateau that I always hit at 170. As I started this, I was sitting at 170/171... dropped to 169.8, then back up again... but now after my UD yesterday I woke up to 169.6 this morning so if the pattern that I see here were to apply to me, I expect that tomorrow (today is a DD) will be closer to 169 or perhaps even 168.

I like this because we're travelling soon - my brother's wedding - and it will allow me to enjoy myself and still maintain my plan. So far I haven't had any wild cravings, so it's been good in that regard. I'd love to see 160 by August and I think that is entirely possible.
Yellobrix is offline   Reply With Quote