Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Feeling so discouraged

Well, i weighed myself this morning, (yesterday was a dd) and i have gained 1.1kg

On the 6/11 I weighed and was 53.6kg. Today i weighed 54.4kg. "sigh"
All i can think is that last night for dinner i had a packet of chicken noodle soup. Im thinking its the carbs ???

Im flat as a tack about that, all i can say is , its going to be a looooong journey.

Last edited by Mitsa; 06-17-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Mitsa I think those soup packets have a pretty high salt content in them. It's most likely water retention. It can't be fat unless you ate 7,000 calories extra that day. Drink lots of water the next couple Of days and I'm sure you will be rid of it in a couple of DD.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
it's water water water !

I just had the same problem... got up 1 kg in a rotation. it's annoying, it's depressing but it's mainly water retention...
you also have to think that your weight doesn't only reflect what you had the day before. Digestion takes up to 72hours, in my case I know it's water + the 4 UD in a row I had last week (that ended on wednesday) that's showing now. It's retroactive, how annoying

In our cases (being under 60kg) it's way harder to see a regular loss... we must admit we don't have much to lose, so the journey is tougher and less rewarding. Imagine, if we had monthes with 10lbs loss, we wouldn't look healthy at all !!!
but anyway it does work, in the long haul !!!

keep JUDDDing
Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsMcDade
Stats: 230/230/130
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 10th, 2012
Dont feel too bad girl. I have just began my low carb life again 1 week ago. The last time I managed my weight in this way (12 years ago) it gave me tons of sucess. I weighed myself in this morning...NO WEIGHT LOST AT ALL...I dont know what Im doing wrong now...is it the crystal light ( I hope not , I love it so much)...anyway Im not going to give up so dont you either. It is probably just water weight and next weigh in will be awesome.
MrsMcDade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:22 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Mitsa I think those soup packets have a pretty high salt content in them. It's most likely water retention. It can't be fat unless you ate 7,000 calories extra that day. Drink lots of water the next couple Of days and I'm sure you will be rid of it in a couple of DD.
Muffabuff- You are right, i just looked at a packet and the sodium is pretty high. I was going to have a mid size salad and a can of chicken breast as it falls within my 300 dd cals but i have come down with a cold and last night just wanted something hot to drink. i did get to 400 cals though. Also on the saturday night, i just remembered i had 2 drinks of that Skinny Girl margarita, although it was my ud.
I definitely didnt consume an extra 7000 cals.
P.s. just had a thought, i wonder if i did 2 dd and one ud if that would work???

Thanks

AnnieS- thanks i believe you are right. Even childbirth was easier than trying to get off 9kg.

MrsMcdade- i sympathize with you, i get it. Oh well, we will get there, all of us, togther. Some just quicker than others.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Mitsa

I always have a scale gain when I am sick -- that seems to be a big instigator for water retention and inflammation ... so your cold is likely the culprit here!
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260-181.4-/-170-5'5/51
WOE: TLC/Low GI trial for August
Don't feel bad Mitsa, I am in the same boat as you today! Over 2 pounds up AFTER a DD! In my case it's not the sodium, it is too much activity, my muscles are sore and holding on to the water. Just got to give it a few days and things will balance out again
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

hi
Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sorry I didn't introduced myself, I am fairly new, just restarted JUDDD about a week ago, but I followed the plan for a month in April and lost about 10 pounds on it. I got greedy and went back on HCG but couldn't take it anymore and broke it off after 2 weeks, so here I am again
Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Definitely water,Hon! High sodium plus a cold and your body becomes a regular water hog!
Just keep drinking and keep juddding!
I can commiserate though. I am another one who hates to see a gain!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:11 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Welcome back Erika!

Mitsa, remember who are pushing low cal one day to take advantage of the brief window that the body invokes caloric stress response and produces SIRs and burns fat preferentially. It seems to depend on individual metabolisms, but somewhere between 40 hours and five days after csr begins, the body falls in starvation mode, slows it's metabolism way down, and begins to cannibalize muscle for energy. You can certainly test various eating patterns, but you don't want to slip over that edge into just another low cal diet. For me, I know I need to eat 500 calories within 47 hours of my last DD meal or I stall completely.

One thing you can begin experimenting with is various food combinations. I loss better if fish is my primary protein and I keep red meat consumption low. I also find I lose more consistently if I use a food processor to make smoothies by grinding up veggies. I am currently experimenting with kind of cycling DD calories - under 150 one DD day, up to 500 the next. I am making plans to cycle UD calories too (always staying at or above RMR).

Basically, you just learned something extremely valuable: salt = water retention. Drink a few extra glasses of water today and flush it out. Add sodium to your watch list. I eat mostly veggies and meat, make my own soup and broth so I can control salt content. The other day I opened a can of soup that, a month ago, was a regular staple for me. I had to toss it. It tasted way too salty.

I do encourage you to experiment. Learning about your body's responses to food is one of the benefits of JUDDD. But, don't get discouraged when an experiment causes a bounce - just learn from it.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika1962 View Post
Hi Sorry I didn't introduced myself, I am fairly new, just restarted JUDDD about a week ago, but I followed the plan for a month in April and lost about 10 pounds on it. I got greedy and went back on HCG but couldn't take it anymore and broke it off after 2 weeks, so here I am again
I so understand about getting greedy. Hello Erika. Gee, April was a good month for you.

Joedi- thanks for the support. keeping my fingers crossed and hope you are right.

Minimonkey- Thanks mate, hope you are right. Will give it a week and weigh on the weekend. Damn scales
Old 06-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Mitsa,
Someone with more experience will say this soon, I'm sure, but it may not be the best thing to do two DDs and then an UD to compensate for this. It's the daily rotation that does the good stuff for fat loss and for the other benefits of Juddd, from what I hear.
We panic when we see gains, but they're TEMPORARY! You're doing the work. At some point it's good to trust your body and let it do its work. Some days it goes up, some down. But overall, it goes down.
I wish we weren't allowed near our scales so often. They drive us crazy.
Hope your next twenty pees on the toilet today help you cheer up. All is well.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Nancy and Mitsa! I was so spoiled from the 4 weeks on JUDDD that I could not STAND to be on HCG for only one day longer! I did lose a good amount of weight on it but chicken breast and cucumbers get old after a while LOL. JUDDD is sooooo much easier, and even though it may take me a bit longer to reach my goal, I will get there, and what's more important to me is that I know with JUDDD I can actually keep the weight off!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gotsomeold- im convinced its the soup, for sure. Luckily for me, i drink 3- 3.5 litres of water daily anyway.

Joyjoy- i will keep to my rotations and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Mitsa-you already got great responses. I just wanted to say- if you work out, it could be water retention in the muscles. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. The weight will go down in no time!!!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Mitsa,
Someone with more experience will say this soon, I'm sure, but it may not be the best thing to do two DDs and then an UD to compensate for this. It's the daily rotation that does the good stuff for fat loss and for the other benefits of Juddd, from what I hear.
We panic when we see gains, but they're TEMPORARY! You're doing the work. At some point it's good to trust your body and let it do its work. Some days it goes up, some down. But overall, it goes down.
I wish we weren't allowed near our scales so often. They drive us crazy.
Hope your next twenty pees on the toilet today help you cheer up. All is well.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote