Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Been Combining MY JUDDD With Weight Watchers...Liking it so far!

hi all!
I haven't disappeared off the edge of the planet..and definately not from Juddd! What I have been doing is something new..Weightwatchers...the JUDDD way!

This is a LONG post, explaining how i do it...it may be of some interest to any weightwatchers interested in extra health benefits of JUDDDing..or any Juddder who fancies trying something new.

I will apologise now if anyone finds it boring...I am a bit of a nerd, and love playing about with numbers and formulations!

As some of you know, I started Juddd last August, and got to goal in October...where I have bounced gently up and down ever since.

Last month the bounces up were getting a little high, so I recommitted to a month of "vanilla" regular Juddd..and went right back to where i wanted to be 132-133!

Recently my friend, who has about 6 stone (84lbs) to lose, started weightwatchers, and was doing really well.

I remembered that a couple of fellow Juddders...I think Rachelocity was one..combined weight watchers and Juddd, so I decided to go along with my friend.

I am a WW Gold Member from about 12 years ago, and am still within my goal weight (thanks to Juddd) so I knew I wouldnt have to pay to join or go to meetings....and I remembered the social side of the meetings as being fun..so i went along with her 2 saturdays ago.

Despite being weighed in my jeans and shirt ( at home I leave NOTHING on...not even an earring..lol!)

I was still within my goal weight...so I got all the literature, and had a laugh with my friend through what was a very lively meeting. PLUS I won £5 worth of merchandise in the raffle...lol!

For anyone who is interested..here is how I do WW...the Juddd way!

For my age,weight and height I get 26 daily PP (propoints) (WW work out PP according to the Fat/Carbs/Protein/Fiber of each food) PLUS 49 pp per week, to use as i please.

Most fruit and veg are free (the exceptions being potatoes, parsnips, peas, sweetcorn and avacado).

Weight Watchers say you cannot carry any points over from one day to the next, but I can't imagine not Juddding, so I took no notice!

Although not an exact measurement a PP is roughly equivelent to 40 cals.

Being a bit of a geek I was happy to sit down with pen and paper, and work out how I could do Juddd using the WW formulation. Plus, after 9 months I was getting a bit of "diet fatigue" and into a bit of a rut with my food choices, so I figured this was just what I needed...and if I didnt like it...well I could always go back to plain juddding.

Heres what i figured:

I get 26pp a day
But as I want to do good UD/DD rotations I decided to do -

14pp/38pp, which = 52pp every 2 days...or 26pp a day!

Now, a regular weight watcher would use their extra weekly 49pp any day they wanted, but as I am juddding, I want to keep my DD's nice and low...and have LOTS to eat of my UD, so I decided tokeep my 49weekly pp's to use on extra food for my UD's...depending on my week (whether it has 3 or 4 UD's) this is equal to an extra 10-15pp each UD.

So, for example this week: (I go saturday to saturday as that is my weigh in day)
Sat - 57
Sun - 14
Monday - 48
Tue - 14
Wed - 48
Thur - 14
Fri - 48

This is 243 pp a week....the same total PP's as If I had been doing the regular 26pp a day, plus 49 weekly pp! (though some weeks it will be a few pp more, some a few less, depending on how many UD's in a week!)

And if I want a MD..well its just my original 26pp!

This gives a nice difference between my UD's and my DD's..according to my juddd calculator calculations...30%!

Hopefully nobody has nodded off yet..like I say, I am a numbers geek, and actually ENJOY doing this stuff..lol!

So I wondered...how many calories am I actually getting? Although not exact, as PP are worked more on a foods nutrition and satisfaction properties..a PP is roughly 40 cals, at an estimate.

So....
DD = 14pp x 40 = 560
UD = 48pp x 40 = 1920

This actually VERY close to my Juddd numbers!

You may wonder how all the free fruit and veg fit in? For me, it seems to work really well...I have found, just like on regular Juddd I eat more fruit & veg on my DD's...big mixed salads, homemade veg soups, stir fry's, fresh fruit, tinned fruit etc....but quite often with all the free fruit & veg I am too full to eat all of my 14pp...so it balances out well...and it DOES make DD's that little bit easier!

On UD's I can eat loads, just like on Juddd, but due to the way PP's are worked out I have been making healthier choices...basically cos I like a lot of food for my allowance...and the healthier foods are a bit lower in PP!

All in all I am enjoying having something new to sink my teeth into, while enjoying all the health benefits and easy maintainance of Juddd...plus I am enjoying the social side of the meetings.

Even better, I am bouncing down a bit lower now....131-132 rather than 132-133.

I beleive WW is a good weight loss system, but nothing beats the ease and health benefits of JUDDD...and I could never give up my UD feasting!

I have still been checking in on this forum...nothing can compare to it for friendliness and support...but it has taken me a week or two to "master" Weight watchers the JUDDD way. Now I have my head fully around it, I will be on far more...hope you still want me..lol!

Big hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Hey, Jo....are you kidding?.....you are one of the all-time favs!!! I just recently mentioned you along with others like Beeb, Pat, and Sophie, that aren't able to post daily anymore and how missed you all were. Life really can get in the way and that is so understandable. I know everyone will be as happy to "see" you back on a regular basis as me!!! I haven't been able to post all that much myself lately either, but try to keep up on the reading AMAP! I will always be grateful for the support given me early on and STILL glean from it and try to be supportative when I can. I am maintaining and pretty content and happy right now. What a great WOL...no matter how one chooses to eat!! Right? So happy for you and how you are making this work for you all this time! What a wonderful thing.Looking forward to anything you may share!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Glad to see you Jo, and to see you've found something to keep the interest alive! Awesome way to incorporate the two and keep things fresh.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
That's so great...not boring at all!!
The combo of JUDDD & WW could be one of those classics like chocolate & peanut butter!!!

I'm so happy to see you back!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I'm glad to see that you have found a way to keep things fresh. I'm sure you will be very successful. I'm sure others will follow your lead and try this as well.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
I'm glad to see you and happy to hear you've found a way that works how you want it to!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
I've been going to WW for well over a year (but stopped doing "points" about 6 months ago when I started Atkins in January and then JUDDD in March), I still go to get weighed in every week to keep mysefl accountable. I actually did figure out my points in terms of JUDDD calories back in March but never did try to combine the two. I was combining Atkins and WW for awhile with pretty good success. I'm going back to Atkins style eating for a while due to some health issues that pop up if I indulge in too many carbs (which I have been doing since starting JUDDD). Hopefully I can happily combine JUDDD and Atkins....

In my experience I found I had to count fruit while on WW even though they say they are freebies, I was eating too much of it and it was adding up to an extra 300-500 cals per day! My leader said that you should count anything fruitwise after the first 3 pieces that you eat, so you don't derail yourself thinking it's a big free for all.

Glad your hybrid WOE is working!

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
Jo - I found this very interesting! I've been thinking about JUDDing because I am just so tired of low carb foods all the time (I've been at it for over 12 years).

I have a question though - if I add up 26 PP a day x 7 = 182 PP plus the 49 extra PP per week - 231 - your total was 243. My math skills are not too great but am I reading it wrong? I think I would love to try this!!

Thanks.
Debra
cabrioluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I am happy you found what works for you. I have a friend who does the same thing combining WW and JUDDD and has done so for about half a year now and is very happy with it. She loves the group meetings and the weigh-in. (Those were exactly the things I did NOT love about WW).

Her weekly losses are now better since she combines the two.

Best wishes!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioluvr View Post
Jo - I found this very interesting! I've been thinking about JUDDing because I am just so tired of low carb foods all the time (I've been at it for over 12 years).

I have a question though - if I add up 26 PP a day x 7 = 182 PP plus the 49 extra PP per week - 231 - your total was 243. My math skills are not too great but am I reading it wrong? I think I would love to try this!!

Thanks.
Debra
Hi Debra...your total is correct...if you were doing normal WW!

As I am Juddding, some weeks will have 3 DD's and 4 UD's....like the example I gave in my post....so the total PP for the week will be 243pp

The weeks that have 4 DD's and 3 UD's will have 219pp

Add the two weeks together and you get 462...giving a weekly average of 231!

Just like when you do regular calorie counting Juddding, the weeks with 4 UD's (my fav!) will have slightly more cals, the weeks with 4 dd's will have slightly less, but over 2 weeks the average works out at where it should be!

Hope this makes sense!
I am in awe of you doing low carbing for over 12 years...that shows incredible commitment!
Are you maintaining now?
I think that you would be very suited to WW the JUDDD way....so many foods you havent eaten for years will be your to enjoy...and of course you will get all the health benefits that come with IF...plus with weight watchers the emphasis is more towards the healthier foods (they have slightly lower points, and of course your fruit n veg are free!)..so it helps you not to go too "wild".
For me, with regular JUDDDing, I could easily stay within my UD cals...but could just as easily eat every cal as chocolate..lol!

Let me know if you decide to join me!

hugs
Jo
x

Last edited by Joedi; 06-18-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Nice to see you, Jo! And congrats on getting back down to the weight you wanted - I had no doubt at all that you would do it! Sounds like you're enjoying WW/JUDDD - thanks for sharing. Wishing you continued success in all things.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Jo and Sophie! Two of my fav past major supporters. So cool knowing how successful you have remained! Yay!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Jo and Sophie! Two of my fav past major supporters. So cool knowing how successful you have remained! Yay!

Phyl
Phyl...
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Bumping this up as I just googled on how to do JUDDD and WW and viola - got to this thread! This was all discussed as I was about to have surgery, so I missed it.

Jo, if you're reading this (and I may send you a PM), my points are 29. I'm doing a rotation where M/W/F are down and T/Th/S are up with Sunday being a medium day.

If I want to keep my DD calories at around 400, I'd do 10pp/day or so. UD would be at 48pp. Sunday would be a regular 29pp day. That puts me short for the week in totals I think. So, would I just add a few more points or leave them for fruits and veggies? Or for those times when I forget to figure them. Which I absolutely know without a doubt I'll do. I came to JUDDD because I was sick of measuring and counting. Been doing it for 30 freaking years!

If I ever find something that works for me beyond a handful of pounds, it'll probably be when I have one foot in the grave.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Vanilla! Joedi has not been around much at all this summer. I encourage you to go the PM route....and tell her I screamed "Hello!!!"

I like your idea of trying different but consistent approaches. I wish we could figure why your body is so dedicated to holding on!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 08-21-2012 at 12:02 PM..
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #16

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Say hi from me too.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I like your idea of trying different but consistent approaches. I wish we could figure why your body is so dedicated to holding on!
Ugh, you and me both!!!!! I was just telling Yam that the WW approach would make it easier to track my calories. I abhor counting. I eat the same things on my DD so I know what those are. Since before my surgery, I found I wasn't eating enough on my UD, began losing and boy was I happy as I thought I'd found the problem!

It's only been two months since my surgery, so I know I'm still healing. But is it too soon to be trying to lose? I've been back at it a month and ... zip. I have noticed DDs have been tougher as I'm just plain hungry and have gone over on some of those days and they've become MDs. Heck, I'll even say starving on some of them. So, it's got me thinking maybe I should just up my DD to a higher WLM.

Oh, I PM'd Jo right after posting yesterday and haven't gotten anything back.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
JUDDD + WW = A happier Me

Hi Ladies!

I started doing JUDDD with WW rotations a week ago. I've been losing oh so slowly w/ WW since September. The good part is tracking my points on up days helps me select 'better' food choices, and of course 'hopefully" JUDDD will move it along a little bit faster. In the past, my up days have been a bit of a free for all, now I have more discipline. I've missed the 'feel good' ways of JUDDD and I'm really happy to be back at it. Sticking to under 500 calories on DD and 1 1/2 times my point allowance on UD's, give or take a few points.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
WTG, Blonde!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cindy!! So far so good! It feels great to be back JUDDDing!!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #21

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOW I am glad you brought this thread back up! Interesting read
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

It *is* interesting, although I confess when I started seeing PP this and PP that, I decided counting calories was easier.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Truthfully? It's hard to do it this way. I have been tracking my DD's easily but UD's are a bit harder to track....
Old 11-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Mine are hard to track only because I let them run loose!