Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: williamson_ja
New to JUDDD and questions

I am thinking of starting this way of eating on Monday for my first DD. I have been eating low carb for most of this year and have lost a good amount of weight from that. I started at around 174 and weigh in at 147 today. I would love to lose another 20 lbs, but am finding that it's getting really slow and much harder to do now that I'm pretty close to goal weight now. I'm thinking doing a low carb JUDDD might help jump start my weight loss. What do you think? Does it work well for those that are pretty close to their goal? I am 5'5 which means that I am not "technically" overweight any more, but I still feel fat and would love to lose that last 20 pounds! My BMI just barely squeeks under the 25 they say you need to be within normal limits.

Also, do you have to use the resvesteral, or can you just do the diet without it? I haven't read the book. I just looked through the forum here for the general guidelines and looked on the JUDDD website to get my numbers. Looks like I'm supposed to eat 444 calories on DD and about 2200 on UP days. I think I can manage that okay. Lots of low carb food is pretty low in calories too and keeps you pretty full.

How much weight can one expect to lose in the first two weeks? Is it like Atkins where you will lose quite a bit the first couple of weeks? I swear I have been losing and gaining the same pound for a month now, so I would love to see some actual losses on the scale! I have some big things coming up in my life where I really want to look good.
williamson_ja is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Well, I am 5'7" and 155 and my calories are 329/1654. But I am probably much older.
Did you change the metric to inches and pounds? Those look high for your weight and height. Also the book suggests going a level lower than your normal exercise program so for me that is no exercise and was that for 20%?
And no I did not drop a bunch at the beginning. JUDDD is slow for many, myself included but I have lost 25 pounds in 5 months which I am happy with.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
!! I think JUDDD can work great for you. I lost my last 15lbs in 6 weeks. Plus a couple extra pounds!! it's different for everyone but I'd give it a try if I was you. Nothing to lose right?
To answer your question about resvesteral, I've never taken it. Some have, some have not.
Glad you're here!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Congratulations on the wonderful weight loss you have already achieved!!!

If you would like to tell us your height and age, someone could double check to make sure your numbers are right. They sound a bit high to me, too.

I agree that this is not a super quick weight loss plan. But, it surely is more enjoyable that any other plan I've ever done.

I came to JUDD from Low Carb. I lost 27 pounds doing the Dukan Diet from August to December. Then I switched to JUDD and the loss has not been fast, but it is consistent.

You are right that the last 20 pounds is a lot slower. But one of the great things about JUDD seems to be the way that a lot of us experience inches melting away, even if it takes a while for the scale to catch up.

I was a size 18 at my highest weight in August. Now I'm a 12 and even have one pair of size 10 jeans that fit comfortably. I know for a fact that the last time I was at this current weight, I was in a size 14 jeans. I recently gave those away!

JUDD is a fat-burning, muscle preserving WOE.

You will do very well. Especially if you come to the JUDD forum regularly for inspiration and support. This is truly a great bunch of super supportive people who care lots about each other.

You definitely do not have to take resveratrol. Intermittent Fasting produces the same internal sirtuin enzyme build up that resveratrol is supposed to produce. My opinion is save your money and just do the JUDD rotations and you will succeed. Glad you are here with us!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

To answer some of your questions about helping me get the right calorie count: I am 5'5". I currently weigh 147 and am 36 yrs old (at least I will be on Tuesday). I am very active right now. I do a lot of housework during the day and am in a theater production right now that requires dancing probably 2 hours a night. I put "moderate" for my exercise level. I figure that I at least am moderate on my slowest days. I also put in 20% for the down day calorie level. Do you guys think it's too high? I haven't counted calories for quite some time. I've been doing Atkins and just counting carbs. I started counting calories today just to see what an upday calorie count would look like. It seems like quite a bit of food! It's 4:30pm here and I still have about 1000 more calories to eat. lol. I guess I'll have to have a big dinner....
Old 06-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Many on here do not factor in exercise and go with the no exercise option. The idea is why would you eat back your calories which kind of makes it a wash.
Even when I started 5 months ago my UD calories were only 1850.
In Dr. J's book he suggests starting the first two weeks at 500 calorie DD's.
Then go down.
If you can lose eating 2200 calories on UD's I think that is great. You can always go down in calories if it is not working for you at 2200.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Many on here do not factor in exercise and go with the no exercise option. The idea is why would you eat back your calories which kind of makes it a wash.
Even when I started 5 months ago my UD calories were only 1850.
In Dr. J's book he suggests starting the first two weeks at 500 calorie DD's.
Then go down.
If you can lose eating 2200 calories on UD's I think that is great. You can always go down in calories if it is not working for you at 2200.
Why do you not factor in exercise?
Old 06-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Because I don't exercise to any degree although I am very active. Dr. J said if you are not SURE you used x calories don't even figure it in. You are free to factor in exercise if you want to. He also said to use the exercise level one below what you do IF YOU FACTOR IN EXERCISE. Because he felt that most people over estimate how much they exercise and under estimate how much they eat.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
to Juddd. I agree, it is best not to factor in excercise but if you do factor it in, go one level lower than what you think you do. As hard as it feels, housework doesn't really count as excercise. Juddd is not like Adkins as in you should not expect a big drop in weight the first two weeks. That was only water weight not fat loss anyway. As I've said before, Juddd is not about how fast you lose, it's about how happy and content you can be while you lose. You can choose to stay low carb, moderate carb, or add carbs in slowly until you eat all carbs. I came from Adkins where I was stalled for over two months and reached goal with Juddd. I added back most carbs but not all. If you do Juddd as directed, you should have a rather pleasant time of reaching your goal weight. I must say that you will be off to a better start by not adding in the excercise calories esp since you really have no idea how many you are really burning.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote