Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I was pretty darned good about my UD calories during my weight loss phase because it really, really seemed to make a difference in how well I lost and continued to lose. Not counting UD calories usually results in me being way, way over my maintenance number.. which is what brought me to obesity in the first place, but I also knew from previous *dieting* where I held calories low every single day, that I brought on very slow metabolism if I kept cals low every day, even if one day was a little higher than the other, as with JUDDD. I needed to have my UDs be really up there.. where my numbers were calculated to be! Not much over. And not much under.

And I can only sustain doing that by counting overall. But that means... not eyeballing portions... not estimating how large that serving of food on my plate is. It means weighing out or measuring out my foods and my portions! And then I know that my day is accurate.

But, after awhile, I also learned how many calories were in a 1/2 cup serving of whatever, so didn't have to keep re-figuring it every time, and that made keeping tabs on UDs pretty easy and fast.

In maintenance I carefully count on some UDs and take more of them as uncounted Free Days. But many Free Days will almost always lead to weight gain for me, so I have to keep those under control. I still count quite a few UDs if I find myself getting lax. I just don't want to be a real fat old woman again!! My biggest fear.

JUDDD has been a good compromise for me in just about every facet of weight management. It's allowed me to enjoy all foods in moderate portions. It's allowed me to lose body fat and maintain at a slimmer size than I used to be, which keeps me happy. And it allows me to eat quite freely for periods of time without seeing much weight gain on the scale, so tides me over long enough to have a fairly free vacation, for instance, before I blow it too far out of proportion.

Sponsored Links