Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Wow.. 1500 cals is alot of food

Ok, how can i get this all down ?
Im doing my UD and DD meal plans for the next few days and WOW !! 1500 is alot of food, seriously

looks something like this
meal 1) Protein shake with 1/2 frozen banana and frozen strawberries, with Lf greek yoghurt, protein powder and LF soy milk.

meal 2) cucumber, laughing cow cheese, capsicum, zucchini muffin.
Meal 3) medium size wholemeal bread roll, with chicken sandwich meat, with tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese, cucumber

Meal 4) 2 tbs peanut butter on 2 Ryvita crackers

Meal 5) chicken breast and veges or salad, or a casserole, but the dinners average around 350-400 cals.

Misc- 2-3 coffees with a little lite milk.

Thats 1390 so far, 124g protein (35.6 %), 103.7 carbs ( 29.8%), 51.3 fats (34.2%) . Those numbers are for the whole day. I would prefer it not to be too carb heavy. I rather proteins and fats to be higher than carbs as you can see by the percentages.

I dont think i can do it, cant eat it all. Did 1300 last UD and felt like i was going to explode. How can i hit my cals without having to eat all day and feel really full, i hate that feeling of stuffing myself. What's calorie dense that may work other than nuts, peanut butter and oil?

Last edited by Mitsa; 06-15-2012 at 05:22 AM..
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Your Up day is where you should incorporate the things you wouldn't normally have on a DD. For instance, instead of laughing cow cheese, how about a cream cheese spread? Why not eat breakfast instead of a shake? In your coffee, something besides light milk? Do you enjoy an adult beverage? If so, add it in? How about dessert? Your UD menu looks more like a lean, higher calorie version of a DD. Just thoughts!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jodeeras
Stats: 174 / 160.0 / 115
Start Date: 12/1/11 Atkins; 5/8/12 JUDDD
If you like potatoes or rice, you could add a helping to your dinner. (And top it with real butter!)
jodeeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
Start Date: 3.26.12
avocados - wonderfully nutritious and good fats. would be good on that chicken sandwich.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Your Up day is where you should incorporate the things you wouldn't normally have on a DD. For instance, instead of laughing cow cheese, how about a cream cheese spread? Why not eat breakfast instead of a shake? In your coffee, something besides light milk? Do you enjoy an adult beverage? If so, add it in? How about dessert? Your UD menu looks more like a lean, higher calorie version of a DD. Just thoughts!

My UD always has one decadent meal or should I say at the min 700 cal meal. It looks like you are trying to do a diet day instead of a "feast" day.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Also on UD I would never try and eat that many meals. 3 meals max 4 hours apart.

B - 300
L - 500
D - 700

It doesn't have to be exactly these numbers, but you are working your liver too much by trying to eat consistently and that makes it much more work than JUDDD should ever be.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Maybe try for a fattier protein source and up the quantity a bit if you want to increase the daily percentage of protein, or make a salad dressing using a healthy fat? That alays seems to be an easy way to add in calories but may bring your % of fat higher then you want it. It sounds like you are trying to manage your macronutrients within JUDDD, I shouldn't probably be commenting on this as I have only had trouble getting to my UD calories once and that is only because I spent most of the day thinking it was a DD, or maybe that makes me an expert
Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Maybe try for a fattier protein source and up the quantity a bit if you want to increase the daily percentage of protein, or make a salad dressing using a healthy fat? That alays seems to be an easy way to add in calories but may bring your % of fat higher then you want it. It sounds like you are trying to manage your macronutrients within JUDDD, I shouldn't probably be commenting on this as I have only had trouble getting to my UD calories once and that is only because I spent most of the day thinking it was a DD, or maybe that makes me an expert
OK, Babs, I laughed out loud on that. Not sure that could EVER happen to me!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Welcome to my world.

I only lost six pounds and lost several NSVs in March-April because I kept finding ways to eat too little on UDs. After my vacation, I have gotten better at it, but it is a constant battle.

Nuts if you can eat them. Full fat mayo and cheese and salad dressing...measured with a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon. More meat on sandwiches. Butter on the veggies I eat plain on DD. If you have time and inclination, take up cooking. Look for old butter-lard-cream-cheese recipe books (from the days when waists were slimmer). Saute instead of baking. I am currently working to perfect a parmesan-garlic-cream sauce.

I am not much of a breakfast eater. But, after much experimentation, I find on UD I have to eat at least 500 cals at lunch (a) or it is unlikely I will eat enough that day and (b) because - and this may just be me - I have to break caloric stress response within 45 hours of beginning a DD or I stall.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I agree with ya girl.. i may be a big girl but.. i have always ate smaller portions,, and now eating clean i find it hard to come up with enouhg caloires.. so i just eat till full on UDs and make sure i stay below 370 on down days and thats still working for me!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I personally do not believe in snacking. Read too many books that say to leave 5-6 hours between meals so your liver can do its work efficiently. I would have three regular meals with some fat thrown in. It is VERY easy to get to 1500 calories for me and then some.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
My UD (1800-2000 calories) meal spread is usually something like this:

B: 400-500 (depends on whether I have one cup of coffee w/cream or two)
L: 400-500
D: 700-800
Wine: 200-400
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsa View Post
Ok, how can i get this all down ?
Im doing my UD and DD meal plans for the next few days and WOW !! 1500 is alot of food, seriously

looks something like this
meal 1) Protein shake with 1/2 frozen banana and frozen strawberries, with Lf greek yoghurt, protein powder and LF soy milk. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to this. Another yummy option is to do banana/peanut butter/cocoa powder and a little liquid stevia

meal 2) cucumber, laughing cow cheese, capsicum, zucchini muffin. Skip this if you can.
Meal 3) medium size wholemeal bread roll, with chicken sandwich meat, with tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese, cucumber Full fat mayo and avocado on the sandwich, and a salad with the cuc from earlier, reg shredded cheese, and full fat dressing, some cashews, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, etc can by yummy on it too.

Meal 4) 2 tbs peanut butter on 2 Ryvita crackers I do have an afternoon snack since we eat lunch at noon and supper at 8pm in the summer.

Meal 5) chicken breast and veges or salad, or a casserole, but the dinners average around 350-400 cals. Add that zucchini muffin from earlier, and put real butter on it. Cook your veggies in coc oil, or butter. Put some cheese on that chicken breast. Add a sweet potato with butter (or 1/2 at least).

Misc- 2-3 coffees with a little lite milk. Use HWC instead of lite milk

Thats 1390 so far, 124g protein (35.6 %), 103.7 carbs ( 29.8%), 51.3 fats (34.2%) . Those numbers are for the whole day. I would prefer it not to be too carb heavy. I rather proteins and fats to be higher than carbs as you can see by the percentages.

I dont think i can do it, cant eat it all. Did 1300 last UD and felt like i was going to explode. How can i hit my cals without having to eat all day and feel really full, i hate that feeling of stuffing myself. What's calorie dense that may work other than nuts, peanut butter and oil?
My additions would probably take you over, so you won't need them all, but hopefully it will help you see how you can add a little here and there, without really bulking up the volume. Since I have the same trouble, these are some tricks I use on UD's.

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 06-15-2012 at 08:19 AM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
i admire your healthy choices..i have tried making these decisions many times of on use..specially on up days,i prefer making them feast days..you did a good work though.
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Cashew butter is high in calories and delicious. Why not make a PBJ only with the cashew butter instead of peanut butter. It's so good. A couple of pieces of dark chocolate are good for you and will bump up your calories. Be creative.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Yes, having a few of the things you don't get to have on DDs will help the amount of food seem less daunting. Chalk it up to making sure of variety, which may be a little tongue-in-cheek on my part, but also has merit.
Whitlin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I agree with ya girl.. i may be a big girl but.. i have always ate smaller portions,, and now eating clean i find it hard to come up with enouhg caloires.. so i just eat till full on UDs and make sure i stay below 370 on down days and thats still working for me!
Well, it seems to be working for you, so thats great. Are you happy with the weekly losses or is it slow? have you ever counted on UD to see what number you are hitting?
At the end of the day, if its working, stick with it.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylydvd View Post
i admire your healthy choices..i have tried making these decisions many times of on use..specially on up days,i prefer making them feast days..you did a good work though.
Thanks
Old 06-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Cashew butter is high in calories and delicious. Why not make a PBJ only with the cashew butter instead of peanut butter. It's so good. A couple of pieces of dark chocolate are good for you and will bump up your calories. Be creative.
I do like that, will get some tomorrow.