Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
A 1st Week JUDDD Victory & a Question

I want to share here, because I know you'll understand how happy I am: today, I tried on denim shorts I could not button last week and they fit well. Every so slightly snug, but I wore them out and about running errands and was totally comfortable. This is with 6 Days of JUDDD (combined with 30 Day Shred video) under my belt! I was very happy to have this experience, because when I peeked at the scale this morning it only showed a very minor loss, but the shorts don't lie!

Now, for my question, I think I just need verification that I am doing the calculations right. (Sorry!) I am 5'7", 35-years old, and 157 lbs. I chose the "light exercise" and 20%. And it came up with:
DD: 411
UP: 2053

Is the 2053 correct? It just seems like a lot of calories, and I'm seeing that others on the forum are eating 1700 to 1900 and they are near the same weight/height as I am. I know I'm experiencing results, but I just wanted to double-check because I don't want to shortchange myself on the losses.

Thanks for reading!

Lemon
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Hi Lemon, congrats on your NSV

As far as calculating UD and DD I think a lot us of here calculate it with no exercise. Calories burned during exercise are often overestimated on calculators and most of us don't want to eat back calories burned.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I got 2047/409 with light exercise and 20% WLM which is almost identical. The problem with adding the exercise is that the calculator seems to be pretty generous in what it says to eat back.

Most of us choose the no exercise option, unless we're really certain we're burning that much and want to replace it.

The other point I'd like to make is that you can't look at what other people's calculations are just based on height and weight. Age is a HUGE factor as well. Comparisons don't really help~just do the numbers you're given and see how they work. If you're uncomfortable with the numbers given, you can try the numbers with no exercise (1787/357 @ 20%) or somewhere in the middle.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Yes, age matters. I am 5'7" and 155 and my calories at 20% with no exercise are 329/1645. And I have about 28 years on you.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Way to go, Lemon!

You've been given good advice from the others regarding the calorie numbers, so I'll just give you another helpful hint.

Go dig out another tight pair of pants or shorts right now. If you don't have any, go to the thrift store and get a pair. Woven, jean-type is best. Use those pants as your gauge. Do NOT exclusively rely on what the scale does or does not do. You've just experienced one of the neatest things about JUDDD, how quickly you lose inches. Prepare to be even more elated as you venture on this journey! On days when you're mad at the scale, try on your progress pants. On days when you want to eat everything in your house and your neighbor's, try on your progress pants.

My losses on the scale have been very good, but they are nothing compared to the progress I see in clothing, pants especially. I care a LOT less about what the scale says compared to how I look and fit into clothes, kwim?

All my best!

Last edited by Sheridan; 06-14-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
lemonmama, I'm just so thrilled for you. I continue to believe the daily 30-day Shred, begun at the same time as JUDDD for someone who isn't used to that much exercise, is going to require more calories. I also agree with Sheridan that the clothing progress is showing you success that is more reliable than the scale. Your scale is being affected right now by the gain of muscle with 30-day Shred.

So I would look at how you are progressing on the calories you've been getting, because now you can start to judge from your own experience. If you feel better one way or the other, change it up, or find a middle ground between the two numbers. As you start to find your own niche, learning what your body needs, you'll continue great success!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Thank you for the comments. This helps...a lot. I'm learning so much this week and beginning to realize that this JUDDD thing is way more individual than I expected. I'm okay with that, especially since I'm already seeing some results, but it is kind of a shift in thinking for me--coming from the HCG background, where everything in P2 is very black and white for everyone.

I think I'll stick with my current level of calories I've been using and then adjust down if necessary. I do feel pretty wiped out after the Shred, so I think utilizing the "light exercise" for now is the right choice.

Thanks again to everyone!
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote