Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hikergurl
Stats: 5'11" 208/162/165
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/31/11
Question for former HCG-ers

I'm currently in the middle of P2 of my 4th round of HCG. I thought my 3rd round would be my last, but went a little nuts during P4, didn't keep myself accountable, and gained back 10 lbs. So I'm hoping I've learned my lesson and that this will be last round. However, I do know I need to figure out a long-term plan for maintenance, and I'm thinking JUDDD might be it.

For those of you who have done HCG and then moved into JUDDD, did you start JUDDD on your first day of P3? Or did you do the three weeks of P3 first to make sure your weight was locked in, and then start JUDDD for P4? I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to stabilize, and knowing that on JUDDD I could go 2lbs over my LIW from an UD scares me a bit.

Do most of you eat sugars & starches on JUDDD? I have come to "villainize" them, but then find myself binging on them when I can't stand it anymore. Obviously this is not a healthy way of eating long term. If I could just look at them like any other part of my diet, perhaps I could actually find balance and harmony in my eating
hikergurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PhoebeHerself
Stats: 203.4/183.6/160
WOE: -17.8 lbs HCG/JUDDD is next
Start Date: February 2012
I went straight to JUDDD from P2 from hhcg. The second day after my last dose day was the first UD. I've only been doing JUDDD for two weeks, two days and have stayed within my 2lb window (with my first loss below LDW yesterday).

So, I've been stabilizing and eating what I want. Yes, I've had carbs and sugar but I HAVE been keeping them limited - not been "going crazy", KWIM?

I'm looking forward to losing again but giving my body at least three weeks to stabilize.

Good luck!
PhoebeHerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jabbok
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergurl View Post
I'm currently in the middle of P2 of my 4th round of HCG. I thought my 3rd round would be my last, but went a little nuts during P4, didn't keep myself accountable, and gained back 10 lbs. So I'm hoping I've learned my lesson and that this will be last round. However, I do know I need to figure out a long-term plan for maintenance, and I'm thinking JUDDD might be it.

For those of you who have done HCG and then moved into JUDDD, did you start JUDDD on your first day of P3? Or did you do the three weeks of P3 first to make sure your weight was locked in, and then start JUDDD for P4? I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to stabilize, and knowing that on JUDDD I could go 2lbs over my LIW from an UD scares me a bit.

Do most of you eat sugars & starches on JUDDD? I have come to "villainize" them, but then find myself binging on them when I can't stand it anymore. Obviously this is not a healthy way of eating long term. If I could just look at them like any other part of my diet, perhaps I could actually find balance and harmony in my eating
I did several rounds of HCG the last 2 rounds I could not stabilize and I didn't want to do correction days all the time and I didn't want to do another round of P2 so I decided to do juddd. I was up 10 pounds from my last P2 I have lost 4.8 of that doing juddd, I am in my 3rd week of juddd.

I am doing 500 calories on my dd's and my ud's are 1668 this is with no exercise. I am adding in a different food each UD things that I haven't had in ages, what I have learned on my UD's is that I don't have to eat everything in sight because I can have it another day and on my dd's I just remind myself that I can have lots of food tomorrow, this has really helped me not to binge on sugars and starches.

The weight loss is slower but at least I am losing weight and feeling deprived of anything.

I hope this helps.

Hcg P2 Feb 2014
jabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbok View Post
I did several rounds of HCG the last 2 rounds I could not stabilize and I didn't want to do correction days all the time and I didn't want to do another round of P2 so I decided to do juddd. I was up 10 pounds from my last P2 I have lost 4.8 of that doing juddd, I am in my 3rd week of juddd.

I am doing 500 calories on my dd's and my ud's are 1668 this is with no exercise. I am adding in a different food each UD things that I haven't had in ages, what I have learned on my UD's is that I don't have to eat everything in sight because I can have it another day and on my dd's I just remind myself that I can have lots of food tomorrow, this has really helped me not to binge on sugars and starches.

The weight loss is slower but at least I am losing weight and feeling deprived of anything.

I hope this helps.

Hi Hikergurl! Welcome to the dark side! Boy are you going to love JUDDD!

It is a great way to lose weight and even though slower than the protocol, it is most consistently going down. A few bounces will occur and that is something you will learn to accept and keep on JUDDDing because it really is a very reliable plan.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also, I did the protocol about 4 years ago and stabilized just fine, but then about 1.5 years down the road, I went into full blown menopause and weight slowly started back up. Wish I would have known to start JUDDD right then! I would not have this extra weight to lose.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tag425
Stats: 160/127/120
WOE: JUDDD since 5/12
Start Date: Hcg 4/12. JUDD 5/12
I jumped straight into JUDDD after finishing P2, stayed away from sugar,starch for 3 weeks,then slowly have introduced sugars, starches, I did see a big bounce that almost scared me away from this WOE, but after reading so many posts from great long time JUDDDers, I decided to stick with it. I am very glad I stuck with it, did not do any correction days, just stuck to the UD DD calories and the scale bounced in the right direction! I went down below my LIW.
Tag425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@hikergal thanks for asking that particular question. I'm considering doing this myself for P3 and I would "think" anyway that I would prefer to just do the no starch no sugar part as well as the up and down rotation, and was wondering what the consensus was.

@sunday, I am in the same boat! I did great, lost more than 100# and maintained within 5 pounds of that for 8 months and then BAM! menohell up she goes. 8 pounds 2 weeks no kidding nothing different. UGH. I have done one round in January that I couldn't stabilize, up 5 pounds for more than a month, and then up some more again, and have one week left in this one (round 7) trying to get down to my low. I won't make it but at this point I will take what I can get. I desperately do not want to see the scale jump up again after finishing. What would you do? Do a full regular P3 or do a JUDDD P3? and if a JUDDD P3, which day would be your first UP and first DOWN days?

IN ADDITION to wanting to stabilize and lock this weight in after menopause, I also am wanting to know more about the anti-inflammation aspects of this WOE. I experience quite a bit of relief on hcg from pain, but of course after dosing stops it comes back after a month or so (on Rx) and I'd like to see what experiences people have there, arthritis, fibro, etc, and how long that may take to kick in. I already take very very little pain meds just because I'm very stubborn but I am in pain every single day at this point and almost every step. Makes it hard to get this f@t a$$ moving, kwim?

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-14-2012 at 09:40 PM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got the book on kindle and read the whole thing last night. Continuing to research. Thanks for any comments.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
@hikergal thanks for asking that particular question. I'm considering doing this myself for P3 and I would "think" anyway that I would prefer to just do the no starch no sugar part as well as the up and down rotation, and was wondering what the consensus was.

@sunday, I am in the same boat! I did great, lost more than 100# and maintained within 5 pounds of that for 8 months and then BAM! menohell up she goes. 8 pounds 2 weeks no kidding nothing different. UGH. I have done one round in January that I couldn't stabilize, up 5 pounds for more than a month, and then up some more again, and have one week left in this one (round 7) trying to get down to my low. I won't make it but at this point I will take what I can get. I desperately do not want to see the scale jump up again after finishing. What would you do? Do a full regular P3 or do a JUDDD P3? and if a JUDDD P3, which day would be your first UP and first DOWN days?

IN ADDITION to wanting to stabilize and lock this weight in after menopause, I also am wanting to know more about the anti-inflammation aspects of this WOE. I experience quite a bit of relief on hcg from pain, but of course after dosing stops it comes back after a month or so (on Rx) and I'd like to see what experiences people have there, arthritis, fibro, etc, and how long that may take to kick in. I already take very very little pain meds just because I'm very stubborn but I am in pain every single day at this point and almost every step. Makes it hard to get this f@t a$$ moving, kwim?
Hi Marie!

So glad to have you here too! I think you will LOVE JUDDD! I am almost certain other hcg'ers have gone straight into JUDDD without doing P3, and if you do, I would do your 2 days no hcg and then the 3rd day could be your DD.
I would remain with P3 type eating for the first 3 weeks not add any sugar and starch, just simply because of the stabilization. Then you can slowly add as you have in the prior P4. The great thing about JUDDD is that it is so similar to the protocol in that you lose inches just exactly the same way you did with protocol and sometimes even when you are not shedding lbs. inches are melting.

I know Redhead has come here straight from protocol and I believe Sungoddess too. I will try and find some of their posts.

Yes, I do believe you will find relief for your arthritis and inflammation. I notice an overall sense of wellbeing which I believe is the Sirt-1 flowing. Lots more energy than I have had previously.

I will also try and find a youtube that I think you will find amazing about someone who has been ADF for about 5 years and he really motivated me to jump right in.

Be right back with the youtube.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 06-15-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sungoddess came here from Hcg and she may be along to give some more of her experience. Here is the thread that lists all of the benefits of Sirt-1 and living the JUDDD life.

Non-Scale Victories- please list them

This guy also has an amazing story to tell about his experience with ADF and also talks a lot about some of the great benefits. He fasts from dinner to dinner the next day. I have done this and find it really not too difficult, but if you are trying to do LRx with JUDDD, then you would need to do it Breakfast to Breakfast.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot to tell you he has 3 videos and this one is #1, so in order to hear about all of the benefits, you may wish to watch all 3.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Hi Marie and Hikergurl,

I did HCG prior to JUDDDing. I went straight from P2 into JUDDD. I avoided carbs as much as possible during my first month of JUDDD and added them back slowly. The scale kind of went crazy, so I actually stayed off of it for about 3 weeks so that it didn't influence me.

I have now been on JUDDD for five months and even though the loss has slowed down, I am still losing inches.

I also had good health benefits while on HCG, but by the time I was on round 6 or 7, I can't remember, I started to feel sick on HCG, and stopped feeling the anti-inflammatory benefits. I have Crohn's with a strong arthritic component. My joints were so painful I could hardly stand to dress and walking up and down stairs was a nightmare. Exercise was out of the question. I couldn't do things with my hands either due to the pain in my finger joints.

Then came JUDDD. About 8 weeks in to JUDDD, the anti-inflammatory effects were measurable. I did start to feel better after two weeks, but with each passing week, the anti-inflammatory effects grew and grew.

Today I am riding my Fitdesk bike for 3 hours a week, walking easily, and no longer feeling joint pain. I can't believe the relief. I am trying to keep my sugar intake low however. I do eat some sugar and starch- I have my dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt and an occasional basket of tortilla chips, but I do notice an inkling of joint pain returning if I do too much sugar and starch. In moderation I am okay. I don't eat sugar or starches on my down days, so that I always have a full day's break from my up days. I truly am amazed at how good I feel and how much better I look. This is a WOL I can sustain for the long haul.

Best wishes!!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Beverly is an awesome example of the power of JUDDD! We were hCG buddies for a long time, and watching her struggle in the later rounds was hard. Knowing that JUDDD is helping her lose weight AND feel so much better is awesome!

I jumped straight to JUDDD from my last P2 and I'm so glad I did! Yes, the scale jumped up and down for awhile, but the overall trend was down, and pretty soon, I was actually UNDER my goal weight, which was something that eluded me, even after multiple rounds of hCG. JUDDD got me to a wonderful place and is keeping me there. I couldn't be more delighted!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much for your responses. I went to the JUDDD calculator and and will be jumping from the 72 hours (I'm on Rx) straight to one UP day I think and then starting the rotation. I will stay away from sugar and starch for the 3 weeks and then go from there. If I go up above 2+ pounds, do I do a true Simeons' CD? or just do another DD and ?

Also, I have copied out ALL of the percentages, from 20% to 60% with my UD calories, and the 1784 UD calories at 20% is 357 and the 60% is 1070. In order to make sure I activate the Sirt1 gene as quickly as possible, since I will be only (at first) attempting to maintain, what is the percentage level I should be shooting for? 40% at 714? or? 45% at 803? or other suggestions? Do I need to hit 500 or lower for the induction phase? I really want that activation asap.

Thanks for all your comments. I read the entire NSV thread and it is really inspiring. I know I was led to hcg and I am so thankful. I know it's not for everyone, but it actually really has helped me when I had absolutely no hope of losing weight-had been gaining pretty much eating next to nothing. But I have been struggling to maintain in between rounds with the menopause so badly these last few rounds and then when ShelbyLA told me about JUDDD with the anti-inflammation properties I am SO IN. If anything can help this body I need to do it - notice I did not say "try it."

YODA - Do or do not.... there is no try
Old 06-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you so much for your responses. I went to the JUDDD calculator and and will be jumping from the 72 hours (I'm on Rx) straight to one UP day I think and then starting the rotation. I will stay away from sugar and starch for the 3 weeks and then go from there. If I go up above 2+ pounds, do I do a true Simeons' CD? or just do another DD and ?

Also, I have copied out ALL of the percentages, from 20% to 60% with my UD calories, and the 1784 UD calories at 20% is 357 and the 60% is 1070. In order to make sure I activate the Sirt1 gene as quickly as possible, since I will be only (at first) attempting to maintain, what is the percentage level I should be shooting for? 40% at 714? or? 45% at 803? or other suggestions? Do I need to hit 500 or lower for the induction phase? I really want that activation asap.
These are all the same questions I have. If I jump straight into JUDDDD in P3, I'm trying to figure out what to do if I go 2lbs over LIW while JUDDDDing - correction day or just a DD? Or do I not weigh myself during those 3 weeks?

Also, I assume I'll want to maintain for a while before starting to try to lose weight again, right? In order to lock that weight in? If so, what calorie percentages should I be shooting for?

Thanks for all the help!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My answer is to keep rotating instead of CD. The whole thing about JUDDD is that you are correcting by fasting ever other day. You will have bounces, just as Redhead said, but it will be gone in a day or two. Also, I have never gone up on JUDDD only down. I may bounce but it is like a ball bouncing down the stairs, slowly going down. Does this make sense?

If you go to Amazon, you can read a lot of Johnson Alternate Day Diet online. Then if you need more info, you can download or come here for questions!

I am happy for both of you! We all are here to help you!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and I forgot, while you are JUDDDing I would start out at the 500 cal level for 2 weeks, then move right into whatever level you desire, 45% will still activate the Sirt 1. I am losing at 35% about 1.5 lb per week, but will move back to 20% when my family has left and vacation is over.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
My answer is to keep rotating instead of CD. The whole thing about JUDDD is that you are correcting by fasting ever other day. You will have bounces, just as Redhead said, but it will be gone in a day or two. Also, I have never gone up on JUDDD only down. I may bounce but it is like a ball bouncing down the stairs, slowly going down. Does this make sense?

If you go to Amazon, you can read a lot of Johnson Alternate Day Diet online. Then if you need more info, you can download or come here for questions!

I am happy for both of you! We all are here to help you!
I second that. Down days are correction days.Once you switch over to JUDDD, just keep doing the rotations.

Enjoy JUDDD!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

So according to Dr. Johnson's calculator, for 40% weight loss/maintenance calories, I should be at 830 and 2076. So if I do 500 cals on DD, should I add 130 cals to my UD calories? That seems like an awful lot of calories. And is 40% what I should be shooting for?

Here are my stats:
height=71"
weight=165lbs
age=42
activity=1-3 times/week (I'll most likely exercise more than that but want to be conservative)

Sorry for all the questions. I do understand JUDDD, just trying to make sure I'm super clear on how to do it with HCG P3.

Last edited by hikergurl; 06-16-2012 at 06:38 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I literally ditched the P3 and did JUDDD. On JUDDD, you choose what your calories consist of. It's a good idea to add carbs or trigger foods very slowly, because it's easy to go overboard. I didn't worry about "locking in" my losses because after about ten rounds of hCG over 3 years (I'm not kidding!), I never felt really stable for very long, no matter how many CDs I did, or how careful I was about what I ate. I was a long-time low-carber, so I knew what I was doing. I just couldn't get those last few pounds off and KEEP them off. With JUDDD, I have done that....pretty darned easily. No more hCG for me! My body LOVES JUDDD! (Sorry I can't help much with calories and percentages. Other JUDDD BUDDDs are experts at that, though.)

Last edited by theredhead; 06-16-2012 at 06:52 PM..
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergurl View Post
So according to Dr. Johnson's calculator, for 40% weight loss/maintenance calories, I should be at 830 and 2076. So if I do 500 cals on DD, should I add 130 cals to my UD calories? That seems like an awful lot of calories. And is 40% what I should be shooting for?

Here are my stats:
height=71"
weight=165lbs
age=42
activity=1-3 times/week (I'll most likely exercise more than that but want to be conservative)

Sorry for all the questions. I do understand JUDDD, just trying to make sure I'm super clear on how to do it with HCG P3.
Dr. Johnson considers the induction period 2 weeks to be 500 calories for everyone. So no matter, what start at 500 calories on DD and then after 2 weeks, move to where you feel is best for your weight and height. Do you want to lose? If so, go for the 20%. If you are okay with slow loss, do the 40%.

Last edited by sunday; 06-16-2012 at 07:34 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK so then 500 DD it is, for two weeks. Then up if I want just to maintain. Will do! So thankful to have your advice!

I am going on vacation in 4 weeks - so I have one more week to do my minimum 23-days + 72 hours plus 3 weeks JUDDD - so maybe by then I will have the hang of it for vacation and not gain too much. And possibly less aches. That would be nice.

I love having a plan!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot, while you are JUDDDing I would start out at the 500 cal level for 2 weeks, then move right into whatever level you desire, 45% will still activate the Sirt 1. I am losing at 35% about 1.5 lb per week, but will move back to 20% when my family has left and vacation is over.
Wow, for me that's still 800 calories. That's awesome. So if I decide I want to maintain, and not lose, I can do just the 45% and keep it that way? and the Sirt1 will be still working? (if it takes that to "activate it" why do they have 60% as one of the calculations? Does it "un" activate or have to stay low for a long time first?) I'm still pretty dang happy with the 800, just wondering. 60% for me is like 1070. That's doable even on vacation. Even the 800 is pretty doable on vacation. Protein and red wine LOL.

I did read the entire book on kindle but still so many questions. Sorry.

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-16-2012 at 07:47 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, for me that's still 800 calories. That's awesome. So if I decide I want to maintain, and not lose, I can do just the 45% and keep it that way? and the Sirt1 will be still working? (if it takes that to "activate it" why do they have 60% as one of the calculations? Does it "un" activate or have to stay low for a long time first?) I'm still pretty dang happy with the 800, just wondering. 60% for me is like 1070. That's doable even on vacation. Even the 800 is pretty doable on vacation. Protein and red wine LOL.

I did read the entire book on kindle but still so many questions. Sorry.
Hi Marie,
Yes, the Sirt 1 is working at 45% and maintaining is really 50% so you could have more! I am amazed at how flexible JUDDD really is! In fact, Pat (SoHappy) and Beeb have been telling us that we can flex the plan, but I never paid attention to my range until, I needed to change things up in order to work with my life. If you can be patient with JUDDD and just continue with rotation, no matter whether you are maintaining or on Weight Loss Mode, after about 9 weeks, you will really see the benefits of the Sirt-1 (Skinny Gene). You deserve to enjoy your vacation and not sweat about your scale! Juddd your way to a wonderful vacation!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And one more amazing JUDDD fact, I started on Feb 1 and I have not been able to stay at 20% due to my hectic, chaotic life and jobs. So, I have had quite a few 35 to 45% DD, although my first 3 weeks, were pretty much 20%, and to add to this, I had a tough time getting my UD calories in. It still seemed to work for me! I lost most of this 23 lbs in the 1st 2 months. JUDDD is really about staying true to rotation, even if it is not always 20%.

Plus, June 1, I began BHRT. Now talk about throwing a kink into the JUDDD plan, and NO the doctor failed to tell me that BHRT could MAYBE cause weight gain in the first month. Juddd is the real deal.

Last edited by sunday; 06-16-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So after 2 weeks of induction at 500 I could go all the way up to 1070 my 60% and the gene would stay activated? Is that right?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In Chapt 9, Maintaining for Life, Dr. J says to keep Sirt 1 active during maintenance to eat at the maximum 50%. So don't go over 50% to maintain, however, you are on VACATION, and in reality, you may not be able to do this.
I can hear Pat or Beeb saying right now, go and enjoy and when you get back slip right back down to 50%.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmmm I really really want that possible inflammation reduction, but we'll see how I feel about it while I'm there! LOL....
Old 06-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
In Chapt 9, Maintaining for Life, Dr. J says to keep Sirt 1 active during maintenance to eat at the maximum 50%. So don't go over 50% to maintain, however, you are on VACATION, and in reality, you may not be able to do this.
I can hear Pat or Beeb saying right now, go and enjoy and when you get back slip right back down to 50%.
I was confused by that, when I read it, because he says he goes up to 60% but why would you do that if the whole point was to keep the gene activated?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was confused by that, when I read it, because he says he goes up to 60% but why would you do that if the whole point was to keep the gene activated?
I didn't read about 60%, so do you mind telling me where you saw that? Just curious! I do read fast, so if he said it, I am going to go back and find out why?