Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skuma
Stats: 220/213/120
WOE: Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: January 27, 2012
i've noticed a trend here on ud

ok so i am noticing a very counterproductive trend that i am invloved in..i do my dd and great i did it!! then i use the next ud as an excuse to gorge on anything i want..like chips, junk in general, stuff i have been deny myself forever it seems..as long as it fits in my ud cals..i know its so much added fat but i cant help it, i really got to change my perspective on this WOE if its going to suceed for me. anyone else expereince this and how did you break this habit?
skuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I think all of us have done this! I call them UUAAD (up up and away days)

It is true that if you stay in your calorie limits that you should lose fine, but also I think there is a fine balance that some of us need as well. So, I played around with what will help me stay within calorie limits and not cause me any health issues at the same time. I am looking for optimal nutrition and weight loss.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I've found a good compromise that has been working for me. I do really great on my down day and plan all these fabulous things I'm going to eat so in the morning of my UD, first thing, I let myself eat whatever my heart desires. Sometimes it's candy or a serving of chips or frosting strait from the can , or whatever...then the rest of the day I eat normally. Usually the calories don't add up to more than 200 or so and I get my indulgence and then I'm done. If at the end of the day I have a few more calories I might add in some wine or something else but besides my first thing splurge I try not to eat junk food.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-13-2012 at 11:17 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
I ate a leftover Popeye's chicken wing for breakfast yesterday. Elise's post just made me feel compelled to share that.

With that said, I did have the UD problem you describe at the beginning. It got better with time and with increasing my DD calories a bit.
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Skuma: How long have you been doing JUDD? I know this is different for every person. I've heard some people say they never experience the appetite suppressant effects of JUDD.

For me, it was the first few weeks when I had the problem with letting my UDs get out of hand. I came from VLC so, all of a sudden I could have carbs! Instead of first filling up on filling protein and healthy carbs like veggies, I went nuts. I ate potato chips, cup cakes, movie popcorn, just anything and everything.

All it did was increase my cravings! As I stuck to the DDs religiously for a few weeks (well, with a few mess ups) I believe the SIR genes kicked in and I began to feel less hungry on UDs. The foods I had been dreaming of the day before didn't have the same appeal.

Maybe part of it was that I got that "forbidden food" gorging out of my system. I realized I really could have anything on UDs and I could get rid of the "Last Supper" mentality I've always had. Instead of telling myself on UDs "I better eat this today because tomorrow I can't have it".....

I turned that around and on DDs I said "I don't need to eat this because I can have it tomorrow if I want it." Lots of times now I find when the UD comes, I don't need or want the junk food.

Something is changing and healing in my body and I crave healthier foods now. And I just don't feel like overeating. My relationship with food in general is improving dramatically.

I've heard Pat, one of our resident experts, say that for some people the inner healing takes longer. Maybe it will take even a month or 2 months for some people. That healing has to happen before the weight loss will follow.

For me, it was about 3 weeks.

Hang in there. Be diligent on your DDs. If you can, pull back on foods that you notice will cause you to crave more. Every now and then I notice that certain kinds of salty and sweet carbs seem to just awaken my insatiable hunger monster. When that happens, I pull back on them for a while until my cravings go away. Then I introduce them again slowly. I have not had to do this in a while.

But if I have to, I drink lots of iced green tea with lemon all day long. It seems to help me ward off the desire for junky types of food.

Maybe you just need time for the sirtuin enzymes to fully saturate your innards. When that happens, you should feel more calm and in control.

We are here for you! We can all relate!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Well, I do eat anything I want now as long as it fits in my numbers. However, I also believe that I have to give my body the quality nutrients that it needs, so I can't do that all the time. For me, it's a balancing act between the two that seems to be working out.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Let's see. I have been JUDDDing for 5 months and I am not over the eat everything I have been denied for the past 10 years syndrome yet. BUT it is getting better now that I have decided to follow a structured diet plan on my UD's. I am now doing Lean for Life with fullfat salad dressing and it has been MUCH better today. I have my dinner planned the LFL way and IF I stick just to that I will have the perfect UD which might just be my first in a long time.
We are all so different. I am still waiting for the UD appetite suppression to kick in. DD's are not the problem.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 06-13-2012 at 12:03 PM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Well, I do eat anything I want now as long as it fits in my numbers. However, I also believe that I have to give my body the quality nutrients that it needs, so I can't do that all the time. For me, it's a balancing act between the two that seems to be working out.
^^ This.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuma View Post
ok so i am noticing a very counterproductive trend that i am invloved in..i do my dd and great i did it!! then i use the next ud as an excuse to gorge on anything i want..like chips, junk in general, stuff i have been deny myself forever it seems..as long as it fits in my ud cals..i know its so much added fat but i cant help it, i really got to change my perspective on this WOE if its going to suceed for me. anyone else expereince this and how did you break this habit?
Of course we all want to eat 'healthily'. But that means different things to different people. We have JUDDDers who are Primal, LC, Organic, Vegetarians, Vegan and others who follow a combination of them. Others as you see follow the 'American Diet'.

It really is your choice. Don't beat yourself up because you ate chips. One day you may find you are eating nothing but strawberries. This is fine as long as you stick to your numbers.

I am not advocating that you live on chips and chocolate, but relax and let watch how things go.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Exactly, like today for instance I had a nice chef salad for lunch, and tonight after dinner I will have Ice Cream, LOL Well balanced see
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
love you Arlene.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Sorry if I have given the impression I pig out on sweets. Mostly I eat fresh or frozen veggies, fresh fruit, some meat, and a fair amount of what I consider healthy fat. If I have not eaten enough, and this still happens a lot because I seem to have appetite suppression big time, I just finish out the UD cals with treats and/or wine.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I agree with most of what's already been said. I did my "gorge" phase the weekend before I started JUDDD, and never really had that "have-to-have-it" mentality. I do, however, allow myself anything and everything on an UD as long as I can work it into my calories. Some days involve lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Others involve KFC and McDonald's and little else. I think that's a big part of why this plan is so easy to stick with long-term. Don't feel guilty about your splurges. Revel in them. Then just remember that they will normalize in time and you will eventually taper off to eating a good variety of lots of different kinds of foods.

With JUDDD, we CAN eat it all, within reason, so I say why not?

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/174.8/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: August 2014
DDs are toughies for me so I figure I "deserve" the occasional junk food kick on UDs, my main vises are Devil Dogs (only ONE!) and Ice cream (2 servings....WHO can eat just 1/2 cup of ice cream?!?)...but, I always stick to my 1,700.

Last edited by Becky; 06-13-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jodeeras
Stats: 174 / 160.0 / 115
Start Date: 12/1/11 Atkins; 5/8/12 JUDDD
I've always been a "health nut" with weaknesses. Since I was a teen I have always tried to be careful about eating healthy most of the time. I watched my skinny sister eat junk food while my body never allowed me to eat freely without consequences.

I'm so happy to have found a WOE that allows me to have an indulgence - without guilt; freedom after so many years of dieting / cheating / feeling guilty / gaining / starting over.

I also know that I still basically like to eat healthy. I hope that after "depriving" myself and beating myself up for so many years, I finally can put all of that behind me and enjoy "normal" eating again - at least every other day

Start Date: 12/1/2011 (Atkins)
Start Weight: 174 lbs. (12/1/11 - Atkins)
Start Date: 155.5 (5/8/2012 JUDDD)
Restart Weight: 161.5 lbs. (4/1/2013)
CW: 160.0 lbs.
jodeeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
I learned years ago that with JUDDD, it's all in the planning. On the day before, when I'm already in the "planning mode" of a DD, I pick out a couple treats I really want to have on UD. I work out the calories ahead of time.

The other day it was some Bugles chips my family was enjoying without me , and a new candy. I looked it up and 1 & 1/3 cups of Bugles equaled 160 calories and would be plenty. I only wanted to try the candy, so just figured out how much would equal 40 for a total of 200. Knowing I could blow 200 calories on completely non-diet-like snacking, I could relax.

The next morning, my family started talking about Wendy's, but there was still time to plan, so by the time I left for Wendy's I knew I could have one of their "single" burgers, and woudn't even have to think about it during the meal.

The rest of the day was pretty healthy, honest!

Tomorrow I already know one thing will be some maple-flavored baked beans.

The times I get into trouble are like this past Sunday, when a church buffet snuck up on me and I had to think fast. That's always a puzzle.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I dream of food.. that is somthing new with this diet for me.. and my guilt comes out of that.. I have found that if i eat carbs now i feel funky and i have to wonder what in the world is in these items that make my body re act so adversly? I chose to eat what i consider healthy foods ( fresh veggy, fruit, meat and nuts and eggs and dairy) So last week when i chose to eat a candy bar and a small bag of funions i felt strange.. kind of dizzy and eyes got blood shot.. i WONT be doing that again any time to soon~ Not worth it for me
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote