Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Day 4 of JUDD with Questions! :)

Hey everyone! I've been reading up on this forum for a while now with great intrigue. I come from homeopathic HCG--where I lost 35 pounds, regained 15 and just couldn't, as hard as I tried, get back on P2. I tried and failed and tried and failed x 6. I was just too tired to keep up with my busy life and the workouts I knew I needed to do and too bored with the P2 food, so here I am.

I want to lose what I have regained and after reading a lot here and visiting the JUDD website, I feel like this is the plan for me.

I've been doing the Up-Down-Up-Down for 4 days. It's going well, and I'm feeling great. I used the calculator and it gave me the following:
DD: 360
UP:1801

The down day seemed really low to me, but I want to do this correctly, so that's what I'm gonna do.

Here's my first question...I'm sure it has been addressed on the forum, but I haven't found the answer yet in my searching. I am doing the 30 Day Shred, almost finished with Week 1. Should I increase my calories on my DD due to the working out?

Granted, it's just 25 minutes, but it is a pretty intense 25 minutes (at least for this anti-workout gal!). I basically use all 360 calories in my recovery shake. So I'm fasting until my workout, drinking the shake (almond milk, banana, Peanut butter, ice) and that's all I get for the day!

Should I be eating more? It is most important for me to drop these pounds I've regained, so if I need to keep sacrificing and feeling the hunger on the DDs, I'll do it, but I don't want to eat too few calories and go into starvation mode either.

Any suggestions for me?

Thanks! I'm so happy to have this forum to learn from.

Last edited by lemonmama; 06-12-2012 at 03:05 PM..
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14

Glad you are here! You are going to love JUDD for sure.

Couple of things to comment on. Did you notice on the calculator that there is a pull down menu for percentages? You have been using the 20% calories category. Technically you can go all the way up to 45% and still be in WLM, although the higher you go the slower you lose. (most people do, anyway).

I have read lots of research about working out in a fasted state and how it really ups the fat burn. So, if you can continue to do exactly what you are doing, you are going to see great results IMHO!

In Dr. J's book he recommends that if you find it impossible to stick with 20% (the very low calories) on a DD, you can just go with 500 calories for the first 2 weeks.

That's enough time for the all important magic gene, SIRT 1, to become activated and start giving you all the wonderful benefits. Let me know if you need me to elaborate on this.

I've done some pretty tough 2 hour workouts on DDs including weight lifting and intense cardio and circuit training. I find that my body is energized from the previous UD nutrition and my DD workouts are better than the UD ones!

Regarding starvation mode: It takes longer than 24 hours for your body to go into "starvation mode". I just read an article citing research in Women's World magazine that says it takes at least 48 hours before your body will start to conserve energy, even if you do a total fast or very low calorie restriction.

I think it was Dr. Dukan who said in most people it takes about 5 days before starvation mode sets in.

On this forum I've read that for the best results, don't let your total DD hours surpass 40 hours. I don't know where the science behind that comes from. My DD usually goes from sun down on an UD, through the night, all day the next day and through the night again. The appetite suppressant of the sirtuin enzymes is in high gear for me (this will happen for you, too, after it is built up in your system). So, if I'm not hungry on my UD sometimes I don't eat until mid or late afternoon.

This may not be ideal according so some. But, it works for me.

You have to do what works for you.

Sounds like you are doing everything perfectly correct so far! Yay you!

Have you weighed yet? Do take your measurements as well. Intermittent Fasting has a way of melting off inches for many of us. Thus your clothes will start feeling loose even before your scale catches up and shows the fat loss.

After 2 weeks of JUDDing, the SIR (Silent Information Regulators) should be sending all kinds of special weight regulating and age defying protein/hormones through your blood stream and activating others, like Leptin. One of the benefits of SIR 1 is that it inhibits the body from storing fat. Another is that it actually begins causing previously stored fat to be burned and flushed out through the kidneys.

You can do a Google search something like "What do SIRT1 genes do?" and you will find some awesome research and even videos by scientists and doctors who are in the midst of exciting studies right now.

Have fun JUDDing! So glad you are here!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi lemonmama

Yam-Yam answered so beautifully I don't know if I can add much. I also wanted to ask if you are sure you are using a correct calculation, but I'm thinking of the activity calculation? To be doing the 30-day Shred, I'm assuming you are using a higher exercise calculation than most would.

All best wishes to you!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Glad you've joined us!

Dig out a pair of pants (preferably non-stretch jeans type) that you can't fit into that you've hidden in the back of your closet. If that's not possible, go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pair that are somewhat too small to get into. Try those pants on frequently, especially if you show no downward movement on the scale. You will almost certainly be amazed at the changes your body is making even though you may not see it documented on the scale. Pants are a much better tool to show progress than is the scale. The pants don't lie! As you are able to fit comfortably into the tight pants, go get another pair to use as a gauge.

Wishing you every success! JUDDD has changed my life.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Yam yam as always. Lemonmama it sounds like you mean business!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much for all of the nice "welcomes" to the forum and excellent advice. Good stuff! I knew I would be glad I came out of lurk-dom.

I did use the 20% for the JUDD calculator and I did not factor in the exercise, because it seems like I read something here on the forum about someone not being able to lose like she hoped when she increased calories due to exercise. Like Muff wrote, I am TOTALLY serious, committed and mean business, so I don't want to slow down my losses with too many calories!

Yam-Yam, I loved reading what you wrote about the magical SIRT1 genes. It really motivates me to stick with this. I'm not weighing right now, because I became a little too scale obsessed with HCG and it was triggering some old eating disorder issues from years past, so I will absolutely do what Sheridan suggested and use pants for measurement on losses.

In fact, already, on Day 5 of JUDD, I *feel* like my denim shorts are loser, and I honestly think my stomach is flattening out a bit! Good news and very encouraging to me.

Thank you again to everyone. I'm very happy to be here.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
lemonmama, take my opinion with a grain of salt because I'm just one person, okay?

But I think Dr. Johnson put the activity factor into the calculator for a reason.

And when I think about Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred, I quote Rhoda Morganstern in my mind... .... "See, Ma? That's one of the reasons!!"

Doesn't Jillian say that new or inexperienced exercisers shouldn't do more than her Shred every day? (Maybe that was a different workout, but I think it was the Shred?) To me, she herself is calling it a high level of exercise for many people. And since you have been an anti-workout kind of person and are finding it this intense, consider taking the calculator up at least to "light exercise".

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay! Congrats on loose shorts! I'm sure your tummy IS flatter after 5 days. KUTGW!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
WTG on loose bottoms~ Feels good dont it~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Lemonmama, oh, those loose pants in the first week are the best, aren't they? Welcome. Enjoy.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Aw, you all are so great. Thanks for all of the encouragement. You are making me smile over here.

Whitlin'--your concern is so kind. Thank you! I think I will hop over to the calculator and see what it gives me for "light exercise." I'm also packing up our 6-member household to move out of our home and across the state by June 30, so I'm sure I am wracking up some points for exercise that probably need to be compensated with a little extra caloric intake. As for the Shred, from what I've read it is designed to do every day for 30 days, but I know some people recommend doing it every other day. I actually take one day off a week. As long as I feel good, I'll do this, but if it gets to be too much (especially with all of the packing I'm doing) I'll likely go to every other day. Again, thanks for caring.

Last edited by lemonmama; 06-13-2012 at 08:58 AM..
Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonmama View Post
I am TOTALLY serious, committed and mean business, so I don't want to slow down my losses with too many calories!
Just wanted to say that in my opinion you could be more likely to slow down losses by eating too little while exercising than the other way around. Exercise all you want, but DO feed your body while you do.

I spent years doing the convention approach of starving myself. The weight didn't start to come off naturally until I found JUDDD and began to allow myself to actually eat more. It was VERY scarry at first, I was convinced I would gain immediately (those old threads with my fears are still on this board somewhere) but instead my body was so grateful for some food it started losing and has kept on losing and I'm eating quite well now!

If you pay attention, your body will let you know what do to, don't force it.

Good luck and may the Magic be with you!

Connie
Old 06-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Just wanted to say that in my opinion you could be more likely to slow down losses by eating too little while exercising than the other way around. Exercise all you want, but DO feed your body while you do.

I spent years doing the convention approach of starving myself. The weight didn't start to come off naturally until I found JUDDD and began to allow myself to actually eat more. It was VERY scarry at first, I was convinced I would gain immediately (those old threads with my fears are still on this board somewhere) but instead my body was so grateful for some food it started losing and has kept on losing and I'm eating quite well now!

If you pay attention, your body will let you know what do to, don't force it.

Good luck and may the Magic be with you!

Connie

Lovely to have you with us Lemonmama, read my siggie. The 4 Rs.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the responses. I did listen to my body today and ate a little more than I had originally planned for my DD. However, I came in just under 500 calories, and I feel very good right now. Looking forward to UD, of course, but not feeling overly hungry, so that's good!

Kissa--Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice. I like it!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
I like the 4 R's!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:05 AM   #16

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks,
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #17

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Thank you for the responses. I did listen to my body today and ate a little more than I had originally planned for my DD. However, I came in just under 500 calories, and I feel very good right now. Looking forward to UD, of course, but not feeling overly hungry, so that's good!

So here you are Nice to see you !!! Looks like old home week here. It seems that this JUDDD is a great alternative for all of us hcgers that are tired of P2. I wish I could stay on it, but I am just tired of it. JUDDD is much more forgiving. I wish you all the luck
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
So here you are Nice to see you !!! Looks like old home week here. It seems that this JUDDD is a great alternative for all of us hcgers that are tired of P2. I wish I could stay on it, but I am just tired of it. JUDDD is much more forgiving. I wish you all the luck
Haha..Hi Dawn, it looks we wandered to the same place! It's good to see you too. How are things going for you this week? I found myself wanting to return to HCG yesterday, because that super speedy loss is so nice, but I talked myself out of it, because I feel so much more at peace and also much stronger when doing JUDD. I don't miss that light-headed, weak feeling I get when doing P2.

I hope things are going great for you! Thanks for the note.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #19

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I keep wanting to jump back to P2 also!! But then my throat reminds me that I have to stay away. I am sick with a bad cold (thank you DS ) and when sick I really don't do well on protocol. Best to wait it out. And with JUDDD I don't have to restrict my oils so I can have my coconut oil to help get rid of it. Glad you have resisted that urge to jump to P2--just too easy to do!

I have lost 2.2 lbs this week, but only weighed in once. I am not sure now how much I am down--yesterday was an UD so I didn't weigh in today.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
On this forum I've read that for the best results, don't let your total DD hours surpass 40 hours. I don't know where the science behind that comes from.
I think the 40 hours comes from Eat Stop Eat (just read it yesterday)

The science is that the fat mobilizing mojo is triple your normal state at 15 hours of fast, that triples at 24, and then it looks like double that second tripling at 40 hours, and it never gets better than that. So the 36-40 hour window is where we mega boost our fat burning enzymes and mobilize best hormonally within the fat cells. I am going to guess that is why the 36 hour down day from early dinner one day to late breakfast the next up day is so good for us. If you are fully fasting I think you get great results from 24 hours which is what makes those IF plans work. I appreciate that JUDDDD gives us the option to consume a tiny bit within the 36-40 hour window, even though I choose a full fast day about once a week now. Interesting learning that after I started doing it.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I think the 40 hours comes from Eat Stop Eat (just read it yesterday)

The science is that the fat mobilizing mojo is triple your normal state at 15 hours of fast, that triples at 24, and then it looks like double that second tripling at 40 hours, and it never gets better than that. So the 36-40 hour window is where we mega boost our fat burning enzymes and mobilize best hormonally within the fat cells. I am going to guess that is why the 36 hour down day from early dinner one day to late breakfast the next up day is so good for us. If you are fully fasting I think you get great results from 24 hours which is what makes those IF plans work. I appreciate that JUDDDD gives us the option to consume a tiny bit within the 36-40 hour window, even though I choose a full fast day about once a week now. Interesting learning that after I started doing it.
Thanks for the info, Lou! Maybe Eat Stop Eat should be the next book I buy.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Thanks for the info, Lou! Maybe Eat Stop Eat should be the next book I buy.
Go to Youtube and you shall learn. Brad Pilon is a wealth of wonderful info.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote