Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Think I'm gonna like this! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/774272-think-im-gonna-like.html)

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 01:56 PM

Think I'm gonna like this!

DH got me a Kindle Fire for my birthday! DD gave me a beeeeautiful hot pink leather cover/stand for it.

I just downloaded the free app for ************ so I can keep track of my calories there. I've never done that before.

So far today I've had 260 calories and 50 ounces of water. It's an UD, but I'll probably have a big dinner if I'm hungry.

I think I'm going to like doing this! It's kinda fun. I used to track points on WW but have gotten away from it. So, lately I just jot down calories in a notebook on my kitchen counter.

It's way more fun and easy to just enter stuff on my Kindle. Yay for new fun toys!:jumpjoy:

mttemple4 06-12-2012 02:24 PM

Yay! I use "Lose It" on my iPhone, iPad, and on the computer. Wherever I enter the calories, they sync up and show on the other devices the next time I use them. It's helped me keep track so much!

Have fun with your new toy!!

sunday 06-12-2012 02:40 PM

I can't live without my kindle fire! :love: I love the audiobooks and listen to my music while driving. It is great!

sterlinggirl 06-12-2012 02:42 PM

:birthday: Yamyam,, that is a cool gift for sure, enjoy your dinner out:hugs:

sunday 06-12-2012 02:44 PM

:birthday::birthday::birthday::love:

Happy birthday dear Yam Yam! Hope it is a blast!

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15720509)
I can't live without my kindle fire! :love: I love the audiobooks and listen to my music while driving. It is great!

Question for you: Do you ever shut yours down?? DD told me you're not supposed to ever power down. I would think that even in sleep mode it would use up some battery power, right? I was planning to shut it down at the end of every day. :dunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 15720511)
:birthday: Yamyam,, that is a cool gift for sure, enjoy your dinner out:hugs:

I thawed out some steaks in case I want to stay home and BBQ. I just took a nice bath and might just want to hang out here. DH is great at grilling!:yummy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15720519)
:birthday::birthday::birthday::love:

Happy birthday dear Yam Yam! Hope it is a blast!

:hugs: Thanks, Sweetie! I am entertaining myself today with the Kindle, phone calls, surfing the web and doing nothing constructive!:hyst: The jacuzzi bath was nice. DS got me some awesome lavender bath salts. All this resting is making me sleepy. A birthday nap may be the next thing on my agenda. Getting old is tiring. :laugh:

sorenkkg 06-12-2012 03:48 PM

Hey YamYam :D Yay you! and super Happy Birthday :birthday::birthday::birthday:
I fully believe in better living through technology (but then again, I'm a software trainer, so I kinda have to ;) )

Right now, I use my work blackberry to use a similar app, caloriecounter by fat secret, but I have ************ on there as well, just in case I ever want to switch (and as backup).

I'm also getting an android tablet (mine will be a samsung galaxy, but the Kindle Fire is an android tablet too) so I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it! I've been "practicing" on a borrowed iPad, but I find it big and heavy-- can't wait to get my 7" tablet, like your Fire!

Finally-- re: powering down, I don't see why not. It saves more power than just "sleep" mode, at least on my regular Kindle. But there should be an owner's manual, so check in there? Or go onto Kindle's site, and find the contact us page-- they have a live chat, so you can ask a real person in real time :)

Oh-- and if you turn off the wifi/3G internet functionality when you don't need it, you'll also save on some battery power. I do that with my current Kindle, and it makes a big difference.

:D Soren

gotitnow 06-12-2012 03:56 PM

:sing:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YAM YAAAAAAM.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO

YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!:sing::sing:

AAAANNNNNND....MANY...MOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!:sing::sing::cool::p:D

Phyl:heart::heart:

Sheridan 06-12-2012 04:02 PM

:birthday::birthday::birthday:

Happy Birthday!

Muffabuff 06-12-2012 04:08 PM

Great gift.:birthday::birthday::birthday:I got my iPad as a gift from DH and never put it down. I hope you have a lovely birthday dinner.

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 15720681)
Hey YamYam :D Yay you! and super Happy Birthday :birthday::birthday::birthday:
I fully believe in better living through technology (but then again, I'm a software trainer, so I kinda have to ;) )

Right now, I use my work blackberry to use a similar app, caloriecounter by fat secret, but I have ************ on there as well, just in case I ever want to switch (and as backup).

I'm also getting an android tablet (mine will be a samsung galaxy, but the Kindle Fire is an android tablet too) so I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it! I've been "practicing" on a borrowed iPad, but I find it big and heavy-- can't wait to get my 7" tablet, like your Fire!

Finally-- re: powering down, I don't see why not. It saves more power than just "sleep" mode, at least on my regular Kindle. But there should be an owner's manual, so check in there? Or go onto Kindle's site, and find the contact us page-- they have a live chat, so you can ask a real person in real time :)

Oh-- and if you turn off the wifi/3G internet functionality when you don't need it, you'll also save on some battery power. I do that with my current Kindle, and it makes a big difference.

:D Soren

Thanks for the good info! I think I did read in the user's guide about turning off wi-fi to save battery life. Thanks for reminding me of that. :sing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 15720700)
:sing:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YAM YAAAAAAM.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO

YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!:sing::sing:

AAAANNNNNND....MANY...MOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!:sing::sing::cool::p:D

Phyl:heart::heart:

What a lovely voice you have! I'm hearing you singing in my mind...especially the many mooooooore part!!!:hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheridan (Post 15720716)
:birthday::birthday::birthday:

Happy Birthday!

Thank you, thank you!!!:jumpjoy: It's fun having you all celebrating my day with me!:heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffabuff (Post 15720730)
Great gift.:birthday::birthday::birthday:I got my iPad as a gift from DH and never put it down. I hope you have a lovely birthday dinner.

I can see how it will be tough to put it down for very long! I'm sifting through all the free movies. So cool. So much to have fun with! So little time!:hyst:

sunday 06-12-2012 04:17 PM

Oops, I forget to power down quite a bit, so I am charging about every other day. :dunno:

One more thing, if you like word games download "Scrabble" , I am addicted and it is a game you can play with other family members in other states or locales. Sort of like "Words with Friends". Love beating my DH and she is pretty good at it! :lol:

KeirasMom 06-12-2012 04:26 PM

Didn't see this thread yet when I started the other one! :o

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15720743)
Oops, I forget to power down quite a bit, so I am charging about every other day. :dunno:

One more thing, if you like word games download "Scrabble" , I am addicted and it is a game you can play with other family members in other states or locales. Sort of like "Words with Friends". Love beating my DH and she is pretty good at it! :lol:

Cool! I love Scrabble and so do my DGDs. They both have Kindles so I'm going to have to let them know about this! Cool!:sing:

gotsomeold 06-12-2012 04:31 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAM-YAM!!!

What a great gift! And a great plan for a calm, technology-laden celebration.

I am addicted to Scrabble on my Ipad.

Jbinme 06-12-2012 04:32 PM

:birthday: JUDDD BUDDD!!

dawnyama 06-12-2012 05:26 PM

What a great birthday :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

:birthday::birthday: