Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Question about bounce? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/774248-question-about-bounce.html)

brewstate 06-12-2012 08:18 AM

Question about bounce?

Is there any reason people have different bounces of weight on this diet? I've noticed a lot of people's weight bounces 2-3 pounds on UD but most of the time I only have a .5 pound bounce. Just curious.

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 08:26 AM

For me, it seems to depend on what kinds of foods I am choosing to eat. If I eat lots of carbs on UDs and DDs it really does not bounce that much. If I pull way back on carbs and focus more on lean protein, especially on DDs, I have bigger bounces.

I also noticed that for the first few weeks my bounces were huge. But they got smaller as time went on. Right now I am not bouncing at all. Just going down slowly, very slowly every day and sometimes maintaining for 3 days in a row. I have not even been thinking about restricting carbs for several weeks. I'm just focusing on enjoying all kinds of food.

Losing slowly and even maintaining for a while feels really good right now. I feel healthy, happy and even think my metabolism is picking up and that I'm still burning fat. Feels like a good place to hang out for a while!

gotsomeold 06-12-2012 08:27 AM

Salt intake, carb intake, exercise levels, how individual metabolisms react to individual kinds of food, how individual metabolisms process foods.......different strokes.

I think watching bounces is a great way to learn more about ourselves. These days, I can pretty much guess how high I will bounce. BUT, it is interesting figuring out the 'why' when a bounce does not make sense.

adillenal 06-12-2012 08:34 AM

I have always had 2 pound and up bounces. Just me I guess.

mykidsteacher 06-12-2012 09:53 AM

I hardly bounce at all--I maintained the exact same weight for 15 days recently.

I think it depends on how close to goal you are, as well as what YY mentioned with types of foods and different metabolisms. And lets not forget those lovely hormones that mess with us so regularly.

sunday 06-12-2012 02:47 PM

I had the big bounces when I was enjoying wine! ;)

Kissa 06-12-2012 03:05 PM

I am not a big bouncer, but if it happens it is often as likely to be salt and over indulgence.

Tag425 06-12-2012 07:09 PM

I see big bounces when I eat high carbs.

gotsomeold 06-13-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15720573)
I am not a big bouncer, but if it happens it is often as likely to be salt and over indulgence.

:rofl: Over indulgence does sneak in, doesn't it?

Kissa 06-13-2012 06:14 AM

How well you know me!

kimberino 06-13-2012 06:24 AM

I'm a bouncer :( For me, it's dependent solely on water retention and humid weather. I've seen 4-5 lb bounces overnight and they generally come off the next DD. If I was a "stresser outer" about the scale number, I'd probably go nuts, but I've come to know my body pretty well and just know to expect it.

sterlinggirl 06-13-2012 06:29 AM

I too have always bounced after an UD.. most of them are at leasat 3pounds and its very tough some times to see, i have tryed all sorts of things to avoid it.. but it dont matter what i eat or drink it just is.. and has been right since the get go.. So i just learned to accept that .. was really really hard at first, then i realized that there is NO WAY its real fat weight.. and now i am fine with it~ :hugs: :heart:

Sheridan 06-13-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberino (Post 15721812)
I'm a bouncer :( For me, it's dependent solely on water retention and humid weather. I've seen 4-5 lb bounces overnight and they generally come off the next DD. If I was a "stresser outer" about the scale number, I'd probably go nuts, but I've come to know my body pretty well and just know to expect it.

^ I could have written that!