Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD and 1st day of TOM (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/774188-dd-1st-day-tom.html)

b_lou_who 06-11-2012 01:34 PM

DD and 1st day of TOM

and I'm not ravenous, not struggling with food.
I do adore SIRT1 and intermittent fasting.

Anyone else experiencing serious improvement in hormonal hunger?

I was fairly ravenous last Friday, which would be pms I guess,
but then wasn't really bad over the weekend and dumped a ton of water Sat.
Felt like all I did was take water in and let it back out. Sort of like the dog with the camp trailer.

minimonkey 06-11-2012 01:46 PM

I would love to see an improvement in hormonal hunger with this plan -- being in perimenopause, I seem to be in some sort of hormonal state all the time... grrr!

Great, and very encouraging, to hear that is happening to you :)

tobelowcarber 06-11-2012 02:03 PM

Good for you!!!
I hope the longer I stay on JUDD, I will experience the same. The problem is my hormones have always been crazy, since puberty. I know the reason I always put the weight on is hormonal. During PMS I have severe cravings and the only thing that keeps me in control is reducing carbs to a minimum.

b_lou_who 06-11-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimonkey (Post 15718030)
I would love to see an improvement in hormonal hunger with this plan -- being in perimenopause, I seem to be in some sort of hormonal state all the time... grrr!

Great, and very encouraging, to hear that is happening to you :)

I'm perimenopausal and have pcos. What a charming couple they are.

mykidsteacher 06-11-2012 02:55 PM

TOM is due any day, and I've been ravenous for the past 2 days. I am able to control it with a small snack, but the salt cravings are through the roof. So, no, I haven't seen help yet.

vilanteira 06-12-2012 06:29 AM

Unfortunately I haven't seen any improvement with hormonal hunger as well. I have fairly good appetite suppression most of the time on JUDDD, both DDs and UDs, except for those few days right before TOM and around ovulation time. Every month it's the same. :annoyed:

zipp2play 06-12-2012 07:51 AM

My Friday DD was a pretty hungry one but Sunday's was remarkably easy. So far, today is going well too. I think Friday was PMS, though I don't have my periods any more so I have lost track of when PMS would be!

MintQ8 06-12-2012 07:54 AM

I'm okay, as a rule once it's here - but am ravenous a couple of days before!

Tag425 06-12-2012 07:03 PM

Today is start of TOM and this is the first time I did not even feel like eating anything until 1pm!! Yipee!!

tobelowcarber 06-13-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15719471)
I'm okay, as a rule once it's here - but am ravenous a couple of days before!

I am the same way. I am ravenous before (usually for 10 days :(), but once it is here, I am back to normal

Kissa 06-13-2012 10:44 AM

Can anyone remind me what a hormone is?