Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   How many of you (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/774187-how-many-you.html)

Muffabuff 06-11-2012 01:34 PM

How many of you

How many of you recalculate your calories after losing a certain amount of weight?:dunno:I did yesterday and my UD calories have gone down by about 60 calories. It doesn't sound like much and I've already adjusted my menu so I'll barely miss them. But it adds up to about 180 calories less per week so I have to believe that it will help to keep me losing as I get closer to goal. :jumpjoy:Could this be the reason for the slower losses near goal for some, that they just need to recalculate for their lower weight?:dunno:Because I have a really small frame it doesn't take a lot of calories to make a big difference for me between losing or not losing.:( . But perhaps it is essential for everyone to update their calculations as they get smaller in order to keep their edge.:jumpjoy:Just food for thought.::confused:
Vanessa:heart::heart::heart:

adillenal 06-11-2012 01:49 PM

I adjusted after I had lost 20 pounds and that is about when my weightloss slowed down. Maybe I need to go back to my original numbers.

Babsbabs 06-11-2012 01:58 PM

I adjust my calories when my weight goes down. I don't think you have to if your weight loss continues.

Jbinme 06-11-2012 02:01 PM

I've actually increased my calories as I've lost. If I can still lose and eat more, why not? I think the metabolism is healing as we go too. Everybody is different though.

vanilla_latte 06-11-2012 02:13 PM

Also begs the question, maybe some of us slow losers need to recalculate more often? The first time I did JUDDD a few years ago by this same time frame I'd lost 14 lbs. until I went on vacation (rest=history :cry:). This time around I've lost 8 at my lowest JUDDD loss.

Maybe I should try it and see. But, with surgery upcoming I think my eating will be all over the place the next few weeks.

Maybe I should ask this in the Slow Losers thread.

b_lou_who 06-11-2012 02:26 PM

I recalculated after I kind of quit losing.
Just bouncing in the same range, so "maintaining" for a bit (making it voluntary as involuntary will make me a raving lunatic) and decided a recalc was called for. It barely changed, but I figure a maintain spot is a good chance to re-evaluate where I am food quantity wise.

leonak 06-11-2012 04:16 PM

I started out using the weight I want - my goal that is and used those calories:stars:

I thought someone here mentioned to do it that way:dunno:

theredhead 06-12-2012 06:36 AM

I'm with Janette! When I reached my goal, I started pushing the limits more and more, and now I'm eating a lot more calories than I did when losing weight, but I'm maintaining easily. It really makes me think my metabolism has healed. Nothing I eat on my UDs seems to hurt me, as long as I stick to 600 calories on every DD (and I DO!)

gotsomeold 06-12-2012 08:22 AM

I think experimenting with DD and UD calories, learning about each individual caloric needs, is part of the fun of JUDDD.....and a big part of preparing to never, ever gain that much weight again.

Yep, recently I did recalculate and change my eating based on my current weight...and peeked at the future.