Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I was just going to mention something for all you diet soda fanatics like me. I just got a SodaStream soda maker to have at my house. You can buy the prepackaged mixes that taste just like regular soda you buy at the store and its cheaper and doesn't contain aspartame which is a big one (They use only splenda). But what I have decided to do instead is make my own soda using the sparkling water, maybe some lemon juice, and stevia. Very healthy and really quenches that desire for soda.

It was kind of pricey but they have them at Bed bath and beyond that you can combine with a 20% off coupon and Kohls also has them and if you buy in conjuction with their 30% coupon its really not that bad.

Also I have a 20.00 mail in rebate that I found online that I can mail in, making it right around 40 dollars or so till January 31st. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/earthmonth/...2420_Offer.pdf

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
I know diet soda used to be too much of an addiction... to the point that I'd drink it more than water. I eventually had to make myself drink 12-16 oz of water before I'd be allowed to have a diet soda.

Then I did HCG and the people advising me said to skip all diet sodas... for just a 3 week minimum commitment, I figured I'd stick it out... just water and tea - no sodas. Afterwards, I had great new drinking habits... and I liked the monetary savings from not buying soda all the time! So it truly became a treat!

I might or might not have just one soda each day now. I find I like one on DDs because it actually helps me curb my desire to eat. I like that... as long as I can keep myself focused and continue to drink primarily water, I feel comfortable with that.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
I've always been a big Diet Coke drinker. When I lost 60 lbs in 2009 and 25 lbs this year, I never felt that soda provided ANY impairment.

Good Luck,
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alleekat
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I tried Zevia which is stevia sweetened soda and truly wish that this company would try to make a Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper with stevia, then I may actually give it another try. The thing is.... Pizza just plain out ...matter of fact does not taste good with water or tea.

Same thing with popcorn & movies. Just sayin'.
Hi All!

I'm new and have been reading through the JUDDD threads - so helpful :-)
Anyway, this is a bad introductory post, but I just HAD to respond about Zevia (it's my absolute favorite!)... they DO make a Mountain Zevia and Dr. Zevia! Mountain is a little newer, but Dr. Zevia has been around for awhile.
I get them from my local WF, but I'm sure they could be ordered as well.
Alleekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Trying to stay off the diet soda for the rest of the month. Interested to see if it makes a difference. Still drinking ice tea and flavored waters with artificial sweeteners. Can't go completely cold turkey!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
That's fine for an introductory post, Alleekat. Nice to meet you, and glad the threads have been helpful. I didn't know there were so many flavors of Zevia, having only seen/tried grape (which I didn't care for). I'll have to check this out!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alleekat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
That's fine for an introductory post, Alleekat. Nice to meet you, and glad the threads have been helpful. I didn't know there were so many flavors of Zevia, having only seen/tried grape (which I didn't care for). I'll have to check this out!
Thanks, Whitlin'! Nice to meet you

Yep. There are actually quite a few different flavors of Zevia, and they keep adding more
They've most recently added Cherry Cola, Lime Cola and Strawberry Soda... I wasn't crazy about the strawberry though, despite having looked forward to trying it out.
Alleekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260-181.4-/-170-5'5/51
WOE: Grain/ Sugar free and 4:3
I used to drink a gallon or more of diet pepsi, couldn't even function with it, now I don't even remember the last time I had one, and what gets me the most is that I don't even miss it
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eastbruce
Stats: 202/187/120
WOE: JUDDD,Low Carb, High Fat
I love Diet Pepsi and would drink nothing else if allowed. But I don't drink it on DD's and restrict UD's to only two glasses. I haven't wanted to admit this, but those who say our body doesn't recognize diet soda as being "Diet" may be right. I know my hunger is greatly lessened on days that I don't drink any.
eastbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I quit my steady use of Diet Coke. Don't think it made any difference as to weight loss but it does allow me to drink more water. Now I will have a can every once in awhile and I keep a 2 L bottle of Diet caffeine free root beer in case I want a pretend root beer float.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleekat View Post
Hi All!

I'm new and have been reading through the JUDDD threads - so helpful :-)
Anyway, this is a bad introductory post, but I just HAD to respond about Zevia (it's my absolute favorite!)... they DO make a Mountain Zevia and Dr. Zevia! Mountain is a little newer, but Dr. Zevia has been around for awhile.
I get them from my local WF, but I'm sure they could be ordered as well.
Thanks Alleekat! Welcome! I missed this post, but am happy to read about the Mountain & Dr. Zevia. I am going to keep my eye out at the Natural Grocer and pray that they will order this flavor!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote