Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Donated my hair to Locks Of Love... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/774142-donated-my-hair-locks-love.html)

Yam-Yam 06-11-2012 09:39 AM

Donated my hair to Locks Of Love...

I just changed my Avatar...again!

While I was at DD's house for my DGD's graduation on Wednesday, DD pulled my hair back, braided it and cut it off! My pony tail measured 18 inches! Wow, it grows so fast.

The braid measured about 13 inches and I'm sending it do Locks of Love today. Decided to snap this photo so I can send it to their website later after I mail off the hair.

Pretty fun thing to do! DD and both of her daughters donated their hair as well. :jumpjoy:

DD80 06-11-2012 09:48 AM

That is a wonderful thing to do. :)

sterlinggirl 06-11-2012 09:56 AM

Aww what a wonderfull gift you have givin~Awsome Yamyam~ You look great by the way short or long:hugs:

Sheridan 06-11-2012 10:00 AM

:love: Good for you! :hugs:

zipp2play 06-11-2012 10:02 AM

It is a wonderful thing to do. In my DD's short 10 years she has donated her hair to locks for love 3 times. She is currently growing it out to donate again. She is thinking come November she will be ready to get it cut!

Way to go!

KeirasMom 06-11-2012 10:02 AM

Such a wonderful cause, and a wonderful gift for you to give. Several of my friends have done that. My hair is so thin and fine, I can't get it to grow long, and I'm so jealous! Not of long hair, but of the ability to give to that particular cause, in such a personal way. You :sing: !

zipp2play 06-11-2012 10:02 AM

By the way, love your new short do!

Yam-Yam 06-11-2012 10:14 AM

Thanks! I'm so glad I have a DD who can cut, color and style my hair! She is awesome!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

sorenkkg 06-11-2012 10:44 AM

Love it! :heart:
I wanted to, but didn't realize that your hair couldn't be processed (dyed, in my case). I was super bummed! :(
So glad others are donating to this awesome cause!
:) Soren

saltnpepper 06-11-2012 10:44 AM

WTG!! My dd has done this 3 times (age 16)

It's a wonderful thing to do!

Love the short hair!!

Anna

Kissa 06-11-2012 11:10 AM

How brilliant, I just asked on the other thread if it was a recent photo, and here is my answer.

What a great cause.

Yam-Yam 06-11-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 15717294)
I wanted to, but didn't realize that your hair couldn't be processed (dyed, in my case). I was super bummed! :(

Your hair CAN be colored. Just not bleached. You can go to their website at locksoflove.org and read the requirements and also download the form you need to send in the hair. The piece you send has to be at least 10 inches long. As I said, my ponytail measured 18 inches. When it was braided nice and tight it measured 13 inches.

So, if you have not bleached your hair (they explain on the website why bleaching changes the hair and it can't be used) but have colored it with permanent color, it can still be used. They also accept gray hair!

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltnpepper (Post 15717295)
WTG!! My dd has done this 3 times (age 16)

It's a wonderful thing to do!

Love the short hair!!

Anna

That's awesome! My grand daughters are 12 and 13 and they both did it once so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15717404)
How brilliant, I just asked on the other thread if it was a recent photo, and here is my answer.

What a great cause.

I was wearing my pink heart print pajamas in that photo. :hyst: No make up and my hair was the "bed-head" look as I just woke up. :hyst:

Kissa 06-11-2012 11:24 AM

Wish I looked that good when I just woke up!

zipp2play 06-11-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15717455)
Wish I looked that good when I just woke up!

:goodpost: ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!

Yam-Yam 06-11-2012 12:36 PM

You Peeps know how to make an old lady feel good! :rofl::hugs::hugs:

gotitnow 06-11-2012 11:34 PM

Yam.....loving what you did with your hair. My DD/GD donated her hair once too. She is 13. You look so cute.....and with NO make up!!!! You must have really healthy hair. It would take me a long time to have enough to donate.:dunno::(

Phyl:heart:

Erika1962 06-12-2012 05:12 AM

What a wonderful thing to do:)

theredhead 06-12-2012 07:33 AM

I wore my hair to my waist for many years, and was able to donate twice. Both of my DDs have also donated at least once. I love that organization! It's such a wonderful way to help. Good for you!

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 15718944)
Yam.....loving what you did with your hair. My DD/GD donated her hair once too. She is 13. You look so cute.....and with NO make up!!!! You must have really healthy hair. It would take me a long time to have enough to donate.:dunno::(

Phyl:heart:

Your hair is so cute. That is the perfect style for your adorable face. Seriously, I used to whine about my hair being so thick and curly. My mother always told me someday I'd be happy about it. I think that day is here!:hyst:

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredhead (Post 15719289)
I wore my hair to my waist for many years, and was able to donate twice. Both of my DDs have also donated at least once. I love that organization! It's such a wonderful way to help. Good for you!

It definitely helped me decide it was time to chop it off. Good for you and your DDs!!:jumpjoy:

Muffabuff 06-12-2012 01:11 PM

I saw your new avi on another post and was a bit startled seeing you holding your braid lol. What a lovely thing for you to do. Good karma:jumpjoy:

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffabuff (Post 15720173)
I saw your new avi on another post and was a bit startled seeing you holding your braid lol. What a lovely thing for you to do. Good karma:jumpjoy:

Thanks. LOL on how funny that must look with no explanation! Maybe I should put a note in my siggy until I change the Avi. :rofl:

Becky 06-12-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 15717294)

Me too, been coloring mine for awhile :sad:.

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 15720324)
Me too, been coloring mine for awhile :sad:.

As I mentioned above, your hair can be colored but not bleached. I have never bleached mine, but do color it with Loreal Ferriah every 4 weeks or so.

buttoni 06-12-2012 05:34 PM

I think this is such a worthy program and extend kudos to you for donating. I would if I had any hair. LOL Worn mine short all my life. :)