Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hard time getting back on track!

Wow. This has been a crazy week. I just got home early in the week and then was gone again for 3 days. Back home one day and then away for the weekend.

I've got the maintaining thing down really good, even on vacation or when away from home. I find that vacation times make it easy to do a fast-5 WOE. I can easily skip breakfast and lunch because most dinners, socials and events are in the evening.

I lost 3 pounds of my 6 pound vacation gain and have kept that off. Today's going to be a good DD and then DH wants to take me out for my birthday dinner tomorrow so I'm thinking I'll be back to fast-5 tomorrow and call it an UD because I'm not going to really count calories.

Wednesday will be a DD and I'm planning to get back to JUDD rotations for good. Fingers crossed!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
No problemo! You can handle this and so much more.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I have been maintaining myself...eating 600-800 on DDs and eating pretty much whatever I want on UDs. I try to do the fast 5 type thing on my UDs though as well, as a boost. I notice a difference when I do that.

I'm trying to get back on track too, and finally feel that I can do it! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Sounds like you've latched on to a good strategy to deal with vacations and maintenance! You'll pick right up where you left off once you get back to your JUDDD rotations, no doubt in my mind you'll do it.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i have been losing so slow at one pound per week, ( slow compaired to the first month) any whoo,, decide i might as well eat on dd if i am goin to lose just a pound per week.. bad thing is,, i let loose the candie monster~ I seam to eat a hersheys dark choclate bar now like every day~ So i know you will get your rotations back on track ,, just enjoy life~ you look great~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Kimberly: You look pretty great there yourself, Girl! Chocolate every day is not bad as long as you can fit it into your calorie limits.

One thing I have found interesting this week is that I only crave good, healthy stuff like protein and salads and veggies. I have not been tempted by any refined carbs or lots of sweets or chips or anything like that.

It's nice to just be able to relax and, like you said, enjoy life. I eat in moderation only when I'm hungry. It's been a long time since I've stuffed myself or done any emotional eating.

At DGD's graduation party the other night there were tables every where just packed with brownies, cookies, cakes, chips and dips of every kind. I just looked at it all and went, "eh! not interested!" and I did not have one bite of anything! Just a nice cold bottle of water.

After the party when we were back home at DD's house and all the kids were tucked in bed, DD and I put our PJs on and had 2 glasses of wine each. No snacks or anything. We just sat and talked 'til midnight. That was fun.

We all had Chinese food for dinner that day before heading to the graduation. It was a good day.

I'm still so glad to have found JUDD. My relationship with food is just so calm and good. In the past, I would have panicked at the Chinese food (especially the noodles and fried rice!). I would have had a big argument inside myself about whether or not to eat and enjoy.

With JUDD I just say, hey, it's dinnertime. I'm hungry. Our hostess is providing a delicious meal. Let's eat!

It's really so freeing, isn't it??
Old 06-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I'm finding I am always so RELIEVED to get back to a good down day and rotation after vacation-long weekends camping-strings of major events. DH and I were just saying yesterday how we desperately missed the peace and emptiness of a good down day after a few days of what felt like non-stop eating without that down day slipped in. AAAHHHH
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I'm finding I am always so RELIEVED to get back to a good down day and rotation after vacation-long weekends camping-strings of major events. DH and I were just saying yesterday how we desperately missed the peace and emptiness of a good down day after a few days of what felt like non-stop eating without that down day slipped in. AAAHHHH
I know what you mean! Today I'm feeling that relaxed DD feeling. No worries about what to eat or when to eat. I'm sipping some tea, catching up on various chores and projects and looking at a bunch of photos from my travels and great family times. Life is good.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #9

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yam-Yam is that a recent photo in your Avatar? I just love it, you look so pleased with yourself at cutting off the braid. Gorgeous woman all round.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yam-Yam is that a recent photo in your Avatar? I just love it, you look so pleased with yourself at cutting off the braid. Gorgeous woman all round.
Hi Kissa! Just read your note on the other thread where I talked about sending my hair to locks of love. That's my early morning pajama look. So fashionable, huh?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Beautiful.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Wow. This has been a crazy week. I just got home early in the week and then was gone again for 3 days. Back home one day and then away for the weekend.

I've got the maintaining thing down really good, even on vacation or when away from home. I find that vacation times make it easy to do a fast-5 WOE. I can easily skip breakfast and lunch because most dinners, socials and events are in the evening.

I lost 3 pounds of my 6 pound vacation gain and have kept that off. Today's going to be a good DD and then DH wants to take me out for my birthday dinner tomorrow so I'm thinking I'll be back to fast-5 tomorrow and call it an UD because I'm not going to really count calories.

Wednesday will be a DD and I'm planning to get back to JUDD rotations for good. Fingers crossed!!!
RIGHT there w/ya! SOOO good at maintaining--not so good at finishing up on the last 10-15 I need to take off.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote