Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Half Way There (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/774126-half-way-there.html)

stargazer 06-11-2012 06:07 AM

Half Way There

I just realised that at my lowest weight last week I was half way to my goal weight!

20 lbs lost and 20 more to go. It's an amazing feeling being so much lighter. You feel it in everything you do and I'm looking more like "me" and less like my older more matronly sister (I don't have a sister btw). My old clothes are coming out of the wardrobe and I'm down two jeans sizes.

:jumpjoy:

Where will the other 20 lbs go from? Still a bit of tummy tyre to whittle away. I think I will float to the ceiling if I drop that much again. My husband is enjoying it too..

Just thought I'd share. It really is worth the crappy hunger days and the nasty scales that mock your attempts to survive on a chicken drumstick and black coffee. Nothing beats this feeling of being light and strong and healthy.

Kissa 06-11-2012 06:14 AM

Wonderful news Stargazer. I can see you floating on the ceiling now, like a Bumbly. Though I doubt you are old enough to remember the Bumblies on TV in the 50s.

stargazer 06-11-2012 06:21 AM

Not really (but nearly).

Working out has helped too. Doing 30 proper press ups is amazing. Once I couldn't even do one.

Oh and I can bear to wear heels again. When you are 40lbs too heavy your feet suffer too much in heels.

zipp2play 06-11-2012 06:24 AM

Congrats on the loss!!!!!! Way to go!

Joyjoy 06-11-2012 06:36 AM

Stargazer, how BEAUTIFUL for you! And for all of us!
You'll be doing pressups in stilettos, soon. Thanks for the inspiration today!

stargazer 06-11-2012 06:42 AM

LOL

This forum is so upbeat. I love it here. :heart:

Whitlin' 06-11-2012 07:35 AM

Okay, stargazer and Kristin, you guys take pity on me and help with my education - you're speaking of pushups, right? :confused: If so, that is GREAT to be at 30, and even greater to hear of a start from none, because it's inspiring.

I don't have a matronly older sister, either, stargazer, AND know exactly what you mean about looking like her anyway! :sad: But we are doing something about that, and you are really excelling.

Quote:

It really is worth the crappy hunger days and the nasty scales that mock your attempts to survive on a chicken drumstick and black coffee. Nothing beats this feeling of being light and strong and healthy.
Thank you for that. It gives everyone a smile and a boost to read it.

Joyjoy 06-11-2012 07:48 AM

Whitlin, I have no idea what pressups are, but I'm impressed nonetheless!
And I have always been the matronly sister. Am REALLY happy to be changing that.
Happy day, all.

sterlinggirl 06-11-2012 07:52 AM

WTG stargazer~ I am thrilled you have done so well and the goal is in sight now!:jumpjoy: Feels good to see that we have found somthing that finally clicked for our weight loss:hugs:

Sheridan 06-11-2012 08:06 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Hkg98.gif

Well done, Stargazer!! :clap: :high5: :jumpjoy:

Kissa 06-11-2012 09:45 AM

Press-ups = Push-ups :) Amazing.

sterlinggirl 06-11-2012 09:46 AM

Thats cool Sheridan~ i love that!

Yam-Yam 06-11-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargazer (Post 15716619)
I just realised that at my lowest weight last week I was half way to my goal weight!

20 lbs lost and 20 more to go. It's an amazing feeling being so much lighter. You feel it in everything you do and I'm looking more like "me" and less like my older more matronly sister (I don't have a sister btw). My old clothes are coming out of the wardrobe and I'm down two jeans sizes.

:jumpjoy:

Where will the other 20 lbs go from? Still a bit of tummy tyre to whittle away. I think I will float to the ceiling if I drop that much again. My husband is enjoying it too..

Just thought I'd share. It really is worth the crappy hunger days and the nasty scales that mock your attempts to survive on a chicken drumstick and black coffee. Nothing beats this feeling of being light and strong and healthy.

OMGosh!! I'm so happy to read this.!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Congratulations to YOU!!! You rock!:sing:

You must be skinny as a stick at 5'10" tall. I'm 5'9" and would be thrilled to get to 180, which on me looks thin if I'm working out.

Going down 2 jean sizes is the BEST feeling, isn't it??:clap: When I started in August I was wearing size 18 jeans and they were oh. so. tight. hard. to. breathe. :p Now I'm in a comfy size 12 and even bought one size 10 (vanity sizing?:confused:).

This has to be JUDD magic as I remember being in a size 14 the last time I was at this weight.

Half way there! And your hubby is noticing it and loving it and that's just plain awesome! My hubby rubs my tummy every morning when we wake up and comments on how flat it is. Gotta love it. :heart:

When you said wearing heels is better now, I could totally relate. 39 pounds ago I couldn't stand it.

KUTGW, Friend!:love::up::high5:

tobelowcarber 06-11-2012 04:41 PM

Congratulations!!! :jumpjoy: 30 pushups is very impressive. I can only do 8-10 on my toes and 15 or so on my knees. I have noticed they get easier as the weight drops. WTG :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

PhoebeHerself 06-11-2012 05:46 PM

Hooray!!

Muffabuff 06-12-2012 02:24 PM

Stargazer how wonderful for you!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:I feel your joy. What a great accomplishment. Isn't it fun to wear clothes you feared you would never fit in again? I have an older matronly sister:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kissa 06-12-2012 02:30 PM

So do I :rofl::rofl::rofl: But I love her to bits.

mttemple4 06-12-2012 02:31 PM

So, so awesome! I'm very happy for you!

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffabuff (Post 15720467)
Stargazer how wonderful for you!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:I feel your joy. What a great accomplishment. Isn't it fun to wear clothes you feared you would never fit in again? I have an older matronly sister:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have FOUR, count 'em 4 older sisters! Check it out:

Attachment 44838

(I'm in the back row to the right of your screen).

Whitlin' 06-12-2012 03:52 PM

What a beautiful and meaningful photo, Yam-Yam! Thanks for sharing!

Yam-Yam 06-12-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 15720688)
What a beautiful and meaningful photo, Yam-Yam! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. :heart: I have (had:cry:) 5 brothers, too, until 2 of them recently passed away. We had some pictures taken of the remaining 8 of us when I was there, but somehow my camera got left out of that photo shoot. I'm going to have to do some checking and get someone to send me a copy of one of those pictures.

My sister on the swing, on the right side of your screen has Alzheimer's. We had one beautiful moment where I reminded her she is also my godmother and I swear she recognized me. She would not let go of my hand and she told me she loved me.

The one in the middle seated on the swing is the one who has been dealing with unexplained Chorea (siezures) and is still having tests. It's very scary to see her constantly convulsing. Interestingly, when we were on the swing her muscles calmed down quite a bit.

It was precious to be able to spend so much time with my siblings. I love them more and more and miss my 2 brothers so much.