Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ThinDreams
Stats: 253/183/133
WOE: ATKINS/LEAN FOR LIFE/JUDDD
Start Date: JULY 2004
Need advice!

I hope someone can help me figure this out. The last three weeks i've had no loss of weight or inches. I started JUDDD 6 weeks ago, the first week i lost 4lbs, the second 3lbs and the third 1lb. Since then (3 weeks) i've been bouncing from 182 to 185 and no lower.
Some info, i'm 51, height is 5.4 and as i said i weigh around 182. I eat around 450 cals on DD's and 1800 on UD's. I went over my up days about twice by about 100 cals but other than that i've stuck to them really well. For the past week i lowered my DD's to 250 to see if that would help but it didn't change anything.
So what should i do? I love this WOE, i was so pleased to find a plan i could stick to and actually enjoy with no restrictions. After every DD i am excited to get on the scale to finally see a whoosh only to see the same bounce, its very frustrating.
I did LC for years and lost and gained 80lbs twice but the third time it stopped working for me and for the last 8 months i've been doing low calories, going from 182 to 192 and back again. That 182 number seems to be my set point and its like hitting my head against a brick wall everytime i get there. Usually after 2 weeks of no loss i give up and go back to eating whatever i want but i really want this to work for me. JUDDD seems to be a plan that i could do for life (if it worked)
I am on my third UD in a row because of my frustration but intent to get back to my rotation tomorrow and try again. Has anyone else lost well for a few weeks then stalled for a few? Did you go on to lose again or change something to get better results?
I'd just like to say i love all the help and support people get here and i've been lurking for a while and soaking up all the great advice and info but i thought it was time to admit i need help.
ThinDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Thin Dreams, what a lovely name/handle!

I'm sure wiser ones that me will drop in to help. But I wanted to tell you one thing I got from your post. After changing your "schedule" to have the 3 up days in a row following the unsuccessful reduction in DD calories, I predict you will be able to have a successful dd and get back in the groove. Kind of like getting a "jumpstart" again. At least I know I remember it happening like that for me.

Just troubleshooting - in my part of the world it is the time of year for water consumption to be more important. With hot days here people tend to forget they need more water than they did just a few months ago. Is that the case where you live, and are you sure you haven't neglected the water needed to help JUDDD progress? Also getting more exercise drives the need for more water.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lily
Stats: 221/215/168
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 1 2012

It's frustrating, isn't it? But actually, I think what you're experiencing might be entirely normal.

Have you seen Yam-Yam's fantastic thread on this very subject? Why your body wants a break from WL

IMHO, 6 weeks isn't a long enough period of time to decide that this WOE isn't going to work. With all plans, even those where you eat hardly any calories at all, there are weeks where no appreciable weight loss happens (at least, not according to those pesky scales... Hmm, that's another thought - have you tried measuring? You can lose fat but not weight - scales lie!)

Hang in there. Get back into your rotation and see what happens - give it another few weeks, at least.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hello Thin Dreams!

We have very similar stats! I am 54 and I lost well the first month and then my losses kind of crawled or should I say became sluggish. About my 9 week, I noticed that I started feeling the benefits of fasting and was actually more energetic than I have been in a while. Slept better and had excellent appetite suppression.

I am maintaining or slowly losing by upping my DD to 700 and lowering my UD to 1700. I needed to be able to enjoy summer events and I decided to try it for a month or so and see how it goes. The first thing I noticed is that I do not have the big bounce, in fact, some days it doesn't vary at all and some days I actually get a nice whoosh. I have lost about 4 lbs in one month and not suffering or having to forfeit fun times with friends/fam. Also, when it is doable and fits as in today, I throw in a very low DD. Around 300 to 400 cals. I think and I could be wrong, but my body is enjoying the lower UD much more and releasing. I have lost inches big time too! Try upping your DD by 50 cals and lowering UD by same and see if it helps you.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for all the replies. I drink plenty of fluids so thats not a problem. My measurements haven't changed since the end of the second week. I lost an inch off of bust, waist and hips and smaller amounts from other places but since then nothing.
I always stall the third week on any diet i do but i usually start losing again by the forth week but this stall just seems to keep on going.
I'd hate to think this is just another plan that doesn't work for me after the initial loss when i am so happy being able to eat 'normally' every other day. I got so sick of feeling deprived at family events like weddings etc. when everyone else was enjoying the food and i had to stick to lean meat and salad. We usually have events like that every weekend and its so good to be able to try a bit of everything without guilt.
I think i've had some of the JUDDD magic like some days of high energy when i get lots done, needing much less sleep and waking early refreshed but i haven't had much of the appetite suppression. I don't have any trouble reaching my UD numbers and would hate to have to lower them too much but if thats the only option then thats what i'll do.
I think i'm still in the mindset that i'm not allowed to eat much tomorrow so i have to eat as much as i can today to make up for it. In the past my diets always started on mondays and the days leading up to then i'd eat everything in sight because i knew i'd be deprived of all the foods i love for a long time, i seem to have the same feeling every UD, i have to get it into my head that the restriction is only for one day and then i can eat what i want.
I think i will do DD's of 500 and UD's of 1700 as Sunday suggests and see if that helps. My daughter tells me i'm crazy to keep on doing something that isn't getting results and wants me to try her new plan. I'm really hoping i get a new low this week so i can show her my plan is right for me.
Thanks again for the suggestions. I'll update if there is any change.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Hi thindreams, first of all, you must stop eating whatever you want each time you don't see a loss for a couple of weeks. That just throws your body into a bit of chaos. With this woe it is not uncommon to go several weeks with no losses, it it still considered successful as you are not gaining. When I began I lost then went for 3 or 4 weeks with no losses. In my case I needed to adjust my DD and make them lower. Once I did that I began losing nicely. But I only rebelled and had one free day during my non losing time and it took me two weeks to undo that. You are rebelling with FD on a regular basis which is making it hard for your body to get in sync with this woe. Have you rechecked you calorie calculations? If you have added in excercise, take it out of the equation and go with the lower calories. Are you totally staying within your calories for both days, even a couple hundred off can keep you from losing.If you are doing everything right perhaps your body has some metabolic healing to do before it is ready to drop the pounds. The most important thing is to be consistent and stop doing FD every two weeks. Good luck, if you do this woe correctly there is no good reason why you shouldn't lose weight.
I just read your last post and I got the feeling that you might not be staying within your UD calories? If so, that's enough to derail you no matter how well you do on your DD!
Vanessa

Last edited by Muffabuff; 06-10-2012 at 01:19 PM..
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Vanessa, i think my post was a bit confusing. I stuck to my rotation and numbers for nearly 5 weeks, it is just the last 3 days that i have had 3 UD's in a row. When i mentioned going off plan after two weeks of no loss i was talking about past attemps at weight loss and being on plans that i hated.
My numbers are 1852/370, (for my weight when i started JUDDD), i did 500 cals DD's for the first two weeks then lowered them to the 25% loss amount of 463.
At the end of each UD my calories would be well within my allowance, about 1400 but i would then think of the following DD and panic and carry on eating until i reached 1800, i think i only went over once or twice by 100. I hope that is a bit clearer.
With a daily average calorie count of around 1150 how can i possibly not lose? I have no intention of giving up yet, my body has to admit defeat and let go of the fat sooner or later, doesn't it?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Yes that is much more clear, thanks. Yes if you do this woe correctly I can see no reason why your body won't give up the extra weight. There is no reason for panic, it is just as important for you to eat up to your UD calories as it is for you not to go over them. If you eat under your UD calories your body will not come out of starvation mode from your DD and will not want to release the weight. Eat all of your UD calories, but enjoy them as they are helping you to lose your weight as much as your DD are. Relax and just do the rotations, no tweaking. Keep busy on DD and as said enjoy your UD, just not too much. Your body should begin to take care of the rest on its own, try to be patient and visit the boards often for support. You will lose weight.Try to weigh only once per week after a DD, it will make you less crazy, MHO!
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote