Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
How does maintance work?

I am going on 3 months of JUDDD. And though the begining was wonderful...I have slowed to a crawl now. I am no longer losing inches, or pounds. I am sticking right around 171. Which makes me very happy that I am not gaining. I am just not losing either!

I was thinking maybe just trying maintance for a bit. Then in a month or so go back at the weightloss mode again. Maybe give myself a little break and shake it up a bit!

I am unsure of the calories and stuff on maintance. Was hoping some one could give me a little idea of it.

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
The same way you figured out your weight loss calories - there's a pull-down menu on the calculator where you can select either 20% weight loss and up or maintenance.

Good luck with maintenance - there are a few other JUDDDers that are doing the same thing. Giving their bodies a rest - funny thing is, they're still losing!

Also, check out the Maintenance Lane thread. All the maintainers there share their "secrets" and successes.

Last edited by kimberino; 06-09-2012 at 07:36 PM..
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

ahhh ty kimberino. I dont know why I was thinking it was like a MD where you add and divide and so on.....now dont I feel stupid!!!

Now see I was looking over the maintance thread but I couldnt figure out the calories...once again that stupid feeling lol!!!

I think maintance for a bit will be a good mind relax thing for me. I am starting to get myself worked up when I measure or weigh. I really love JUDDD and want to stick with it. I have been fighting that "well I might as well just eat this cause it aint working" thought. I think maintance for a bit will stop that thinking and wont allow me to cave!!! I haven't caved but I know thats not far behind the thoughts!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Glad you've got it all figured out. Sounds like just what you need to do for now - and who knows, you might just be one of the lucky ones that actually loses during the maintenance phase!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Tanya, have you considered recalculating your calories since you have lost weight in the last 3 months? Perhaps your numbers for losing are lower now that you weigh less. Perhaps that is the reason why the scale isn't moving. If this is not the case, relax in maintenance for a bit and rest, but don't quit Juddding as you have been successful overall. Good luck.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Hi Tanya! Sorry to hear that JUDDD is slowing down for you. It has for me as well but I feel the same way as you do, it is just to good to give up! I am loving how I feel and how much control I now have over appetite and food choices. I am very curious how your weight responds to maintanence calories as I will have to go to similar numbers to be able to continue my run training in the next week or so. I have been reading a lot on the leangains site and am considering managing my macronutrients a bit to see if that helps to take off a few more pounds. If something works I'll post it for sure in the weight loss thread. If not I'll just keep following JUDDD anyway as I still love it! Maintanence seems to be a very successful weight loss plan for some and I hope it gives you a nice break and maybe some lost pounds with it!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Just noticed on your post that your dog passed TanyaIt is so sad to lose a pet. Take care of yourself and try to focus on all the great positives you have accomplished so far.
Muffabuff- I always love your advice. You keep us all on the right JUDDD path!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Ty everyone!

Muff- I have re-adjusted my calories. I run almost daily. I write it all down. I am doing all the right things. My body has just been saying "nahhhh" for a bit now. Thats why I think I might switch over to maintance for a little and then give my mind a small break. I dont want to lose the progress I have made, so I think that maintance is my best option for the moment. Then maybe once the summer starts to wind down a little go back into weightloss mode again.

Ty babs about Rocky.....he was the best lab ever! We had a box outside for him. He was an inside/outside dog. My hubby is gonna burn it later. Told him I cant look at it anymore. I keep thinking hes there and was talking to him when I was taking care of the pool, then I realized...he wasnt there. He stayed in the house in the winter, but as soon as it started to get warm, Rocky prefered outside. But it worked out because labs are known for chewing and over the years he has chewed....garbage cans, metal curtains, a hunting bow.....etc....so putting him outside when we went to work was the best option sometimes lol! But when he came in the house, the bed was his....you fought him for it! lol!!! He was such a personality!!!

Last edited by krow134; 06-10-2012 at 05:58 AM..
Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tanya, big hus for your loss. Clearly Rocky was a special one.

I think these little 'maintaining holidays' are such a great idea. There is no rush, we have found a wonderful eating plan and we can take our time if we so choose. Work out your numbers, come over to the Maintain Lane and join the relaxed party. You may find you still lose gently too, what could be better?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hi Tanya! I am so sorry to hear about Rocky! I do understand! I have a chocolate lab and she is 5, she is one of our children, we love & enjoy her so much.

I am doing maintenance and it is wonderful for the summer. I have lost 4 lbs since doing this and although that is not much, it is feeling good to have a few DD that I can actually attend dinner with friends or do things with family and not change my rotation. I think you may be surprised at how much less stress there is. It is easier to do a low DD when you feel like it and can also. I wish you the best in this JUDDD trial.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Tanya, come join us in maintenance! I've done it and its been wonderful. I've lost a few more pounds, and then went on vacation and put a couple back on but I know they'll come off again in a few more down days. I'm currently doing 700/1750, which for me is technically still WLM, but I'm in a maintenance mindset. It's pretty freeing.

I'm sorry about your dog, we lost ours last year and sometimes I still get caught up short. I miss her. But it does get easier. I hope you remember only the good that Rocky brought to your life.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote