Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Thinking of quiting

I have came to a realization that I am severely affected by carbs. I have been on JUDD for 1 month and lost 4 lbs but I am starting to have too many days that I go way over my calories. Today was a DD and I did well till 5 PM. I got really hungry after my last meal, so I figured I will have some more turkey, but then I was still hungry so I ate some berries, than I ate 2 smoothies (total 3 bananas, 2 oz of macadamia nuts, mango, more berries, 1 cup yogurt). All these added to 1270 cal (in 1 hr). Total for the day-2034. I feel awful and disappointed in myself that I lack self control, but that's what carbs do to me. I have been finding very hard not to have carbs on JUDD with all the calories restrictions. I am used to eating good amount of meat. But since being on JUDD, all the calories add up and meat has lots of calories. I don't eat grains and much dairy, so my options are limited to begin with. I also lift weights and need more proteins (=more calories)
I think is time that I go back to Atkins. I did very well on Atkins (lost 7.5 lbs in 2 month, no binging),but than I got interested in JUDD and switched over. I learned so much from JUDD and all of you amazing folks. I will really miss you guys.

I am thinking of trying MUDD before I switch to Atkins. Maybe this will help. Or perhaps I can go back to Atkins and do 2 DD or 2 IF days a week.
I don't know what will I do. Maybe I will take few days off to think it over.

I will miss you guys...

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
There are a lot of people that follow LC (Atkins) while doing JUDDD. No where does it indicate that you have to eat carbs and follow JUDDD.
On DD's I eat pretty much VLC on many days.
HB eggs and HB egg whites are my friends. On UD's I have carbs if I want them. BUT I could just as easily eat LC too.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
I'm a JUDDD newbie, but an oldtimer and low carb and various low calorie plans -- and there are a lot of ways to eat low calorie and low or lower carb -- veggies, first and foremost, are your friend! Lean meats are actually fairly low calorie -- egg whites pack a good protein punch, with few calories -- and fiber is really filling and can be quite satisfying if put in the right foods.

I hear you on the weightlifting and the hunger -- I find I get very, very hungry when I am training hard. We'll see how JUDDD treats me while training -- I'm about to give that a go!

Have you considered dairy as a culprit for the cravings? I ask, because it seems to be a problem for me that way. I can actually do fruits without much problem, but dairy is another beast altogether -- I think I have a sensitivity to it (much to my dismay!)

Good luck, whatever you decide!

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Fish is another one that's high in protein, low in fat and calories. And chicken and turkey breast.

If you want to stop JUDDDing, I understand, but please don't give up because you think you have to carb up. You don't. Lots of people here don't.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
I'm a JUDDD newbie, but an oldtimer and low carb and various low calorie plans -- and there are a lot of ways to eat low calorie and low or lower carb -- veggies, first and foremost, are your friend! Lean meats are actually fairly low calorie -- egg whites pack a good protein punch, with few calories -- and fiber is really filling and can be quite satisfying if put in the right foods.

I hear you on the weightlifting and the hunger -- I find I get very, very hungry when I am training hard. We'll see how JUDDD treats me while training -- I'm about to give that a go!

Have you considered dairy as a culprit for the cravings? I ask, because it seems to be a problem for me that way. I can actually do fruits without much problem, but dairy is another beast altogether -- I think I have a sensitivity to it (much to my dismay!)

Good luck, whatever you decide!
I am low carb. I am anti sugar. I love and have added a few of the higher carb veggies, but I have lowered my carbs and notice that I don't have an appetite and especially on UD. I do kettlebells, but am not a big weight lifter.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
It sounds like you are moving up the carb later too fast. I still find fruits etc set me off pretty hard so I've been sticking to mostly cheese sticks (light ones are 50 calories each) salads with low cal italian dressing mixed with apple cider vinegar to stretch a little (ranging from 15-35 calories) almond milk, fresh veggies and hummus, and things like boneless skinless chicken breast. I realized on my son's birthday yesterday that cake and frosting still effect me the same way they did before JUDDD and today has been a rough DD from all the cravings.

During weight lifting and exercise could you try miracle noodles or something like that with lots of fiber. I've been using those with alfredo sauce and a little parm and they zap my hunger for hours

Either way you go, you're pretty close to goal so you should do well and good luck with whatever you decide!

Last edited by brewstate; 06-09-2012 at 04:55 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you all for the replies. I really want to stay on JUDD and will try your suggestions. After I posted I have been thinking that JUDD is more balanced than Atkins, that's why I want to stick with it. I will try to cut the fruits completely to see what happens. I feel like I should probably increase my calories since I weight- lift and walk daily from 30-60 min. Maybe if I add about 200 cal (mostly in protein) I wont have the cravings. I always feel like the 1600 cal on UD are just not enough for me, I am hungry by the end of the day, and the 500 DD are also to low for me. I thought I read somewhere that Dr. J said that the calories are not set in stone. Like there could be 500 cal up or down adjustment. Am I dreaming or this was in the book? I will look for this info tomorrow. Since we are all different, maybe someof us need more calories.
Since I am so close to the goal maybe I can relaz a little. This week I will be experimenting with MUDD with the 1600/500 cal and see how that goes, just to change things up. I think it help me mentally on DD to have B and L as a down day and than start the UD with a nice dinner. Will have to dig some posts by PirateJenny on MUDD. Will keep you posted on my progress.
Thanks for your support. It means a lot to me.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Just to ask a quick question, what percentage are you eating on you DD? Since you are only 3 lbs from goal if I were you, I would move to 45-50% of my UD calories, right under maintenance and just lose the last 3 pounds slowly. You'd probably be much happier and I bet the cravings would disappear. I will agree with all the exercise you do, you could probably calculate at least light exercise on the calculator if not moderate exercise which would bump you up to 1800 or more calories a day. It sounds like you aren't eating enough on either your UD or DD's and that's what's causing the cravings and inability to control your eating.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-09-2012 at 05:40 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
I'm on Atkins and juddd. Maybe you could try both again? A really great DD meal is grilled chicken, lettuce, and full fat creamy dressing. Hb eggs are low in cals, as is bacon. I tend to have a protein shake on a DD too - the sweetness and protein satifies me. Sure I blow through cals faster than people eating grains, but the fat fills me. And when I'm hungry, I repeat the mantra that I can eat tomorrow.

I think you should try a few hundred more cals on your DD and go stricter lc and see how you feel. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Fish is another one that's high in protein, low in fat and calories. And chicken and turkey breast.

If you want to stop JUDDDing, I understand, but please don't give up because you think you have to carb up. You don't. Lots of people here don't.
Exactly, also you said you lost 4 lbs in a month on juddd and 7.5 in 2 months of low carb, sounds to me like your doing better loss wise. You can sub some protein drinks instead of meat, and eat u those low cal veggies. Its certainly up to you, but I think if you tried a few things on Juddd first you would be happier.

Why did you leave low carb in the first place?
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Weight lifting requires a lot of energy, at least for me -- I can walk a ton or do cardio on lower calories, but once I get into muscle building exercises, my body screams bloody murder if I don't eat enough.

Good luck with whatever tweaks you decide to make -- I'm sure you will find your groove if you experiment a bit.
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:28 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Just to ask a quick question, what percentage are you eating on you DD? Since you are only 3 lbs from goal if I were you, I would move to 45-50% of my UD calories, right under maintenance and just lose the last 3 pounds slowly. You'd probably be much happier and I bet the cravings would disappear. I will agree with all the exercise you do, you could probably calculate at least light exercise on the calculator if not moderate exercise which would bump you up to 1800 or more calories a day. It sounds like you aren't eating enough on either your UD or DD's and that's what's causing the cravings and inability to control your eating.
You are so right, I had the calculations at no excercize. So now I went back and changed to moderate excercize (3-5 times a week) and 35% weight loss and viola! UD-2049, DD-717. Now these numbers makes sense! I can use them at least when I excersize intensly. Thank you for the suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
I'm on Atkins and juddd. Maybe you could try both again? A really great DD meal is grilled chicken, lettuce, and full fat creamy dressing. Hb eggs are low in cals, as is bacon. I tend to have a protein shake on a DD too - the sweetness and protein satifies me. Sure I blow through cals faster than people eating grains, but the fat fills me. And when I'm hungry, I repeat the mantra that I can eat tomorrow.

I think you should try a few hundred more cals on your DD and go stricter lc and see how you feel. Good luck!
Thanks! I will defenetly lower the carbs to curb the appetite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMom View Post
Why did you leave low carb in the first place?
I switiched to JUDD because my weight staled on the last 2 weeks on Atkins. I guess that's normal once you get closer to the goal weight but I was getting impatient and after I read that JUDD gives more freedom in food choices I figured it is a more balanced diet overall than eating just meat and few veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Weight lifting requires a lot of energy, at least for me -- I can walk a ton or do cardio on lower calories, but once I get into muscle building exercises, my body screams bloody murder if I don't eat enough.

Good luck with whatever tweaks you decide to make -- I'm sure you will find your groove if you experiment a bit.
Yep- same with me. Cardio does not increase my cravings, but with weight lifting- I am like food moster, can't keep my mouth closed I my past experience I have learned that even though I ate more after weight lifiting I manged to lose body fat. I guess I need to keep this in mind again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I am low carb. I am anti sugar. I love and have added a few of the higher carb veggies, but I have lowered my carbs and notice that I don't have an appetite and especially on UD. I do kettlebells, but am not a big weight lifter.
Thanks, I will have to lower the carbs for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post

Thanks for the reminder. I am sticking with JUDD for sure!

So this morning I have decided to stay on regular JUDD. I don't want experiment with MUDD just yet. I want to get to my goal weight first. I will try to stick to my regular calculations of (30% with little exercise) 1586/476 and very low carbs. If I am really hungry and lift weights I will go up in my calories to (moderate exercise, 35% weight loss) 2049/717. This way I don't have to have the guild and think of giving up completely when I go over my calories

Thanks for helping me figure this out. I am so glad I am not leaving
Old 06-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #13

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It appears you have made the best decisions here. Sorry I wasn't much help I am so busy at present with 'real life'. But you have had some wonderful support.

JUDDD is such an datable way to live. Like you it is possible to cut carbs, up calories and still see losses. Close as you are to goal I think it is unrealistic to expect losses of a pound a week all the time. You are better off losing more slowly and adapting your calories closer and closer to maintenance levels.

Have fun!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
Good plan
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Dr Bernstein mentions in his book that weightlifting burns 19 times more glucose than cardio. I wonder if that's why it causes more cravings & hunger....and if someone is on strict lc/in deep ketosis the cravings might be less? Or if it might be easier to lift on UDs and do cardio on DDs?

I'm glad you recalculated your calories & I hope things work out better!

PS--have you tried eating your DD calories in small meals throughout the day, or do you prefer to fast all day & save them for the end? I prefer the latter, myself...but it doesn't work for everyone.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-10-2012 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: ps
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
You are so right, I had the calculations at no excercize. So now I went back and changed to moderate excercize (3-5 times a week) and 35% weight loss and viola! UD-2049, DD-717. Now these numbers makes sense! I can use them at least when I excersize intensly. Thank you for the suggestion

Thanks for helping me figure this out. I am so glad I am not leaving
I think you are going to feel more than satisfied adding to your DD & UD. Also, you are so close to goal, I can see the reason it is moving slowly, but hang in there because I have a good feeling!

Please keep us updated! I would love to add more weights.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Dr Bernstein mentions in his book that weightlifting burns 19 times more glucose than cardio. I wonder if that's why it causes more cravings & hunger....and if someone is on strict lc/in deep ketosis the cravings might be less? Or if it might be easier to lift on UDs and do cardio on DDs?

I'm glad you recalculated your calories & I hope things work out better!

PS--have you tried eating your DD calories in small meals throughout the day, or do you prefer to fast all day & save them for the end? I prefer the latter, myself...but it doesn't work for everyone.
Which book is it? Interesting on how much more glucose we burn with weights

I was doing half or full day fast on DD and now I will be experimenting with 3 small meals a day. Maybe this will work better

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMom View Post
Good plan
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
It appears you have made the best decisions here. Sorry I wasn't much help I am so busy at present with 'real life'. But you have had some wonderful support.

JUDDD is such an datable way to live. Like you it is possible to cut carbs, up calories and still see losses. Close as you are to goal I think it is unrealistic to expect losses of a pound a week all the time. You are better off losing more slowly and adapting your calories closer and closer to maintenance levels.

Have fun!
Yes, I think it is better to do it slowly and stick with this for the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I think you are going to feel more than satisfied adding to your DD & UD. Also, you are so close to goal, I can see the reason it is moving slowly, but hang in there because I have a good feeling!

Please keep us updated! I would love to add more weights.
Thanks, that's very nice of you to have a good feeling

We keep you posted how it goes.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Diabetes Solution (dr b)
Old 06-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
what are your dds like?
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Sounds like you have a plan all worked out. Let us know how it goes.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
what are your dds like?
here are some examples:
B: 3 oz baked turkey breast (125)
L: Salad: lettuce, turkey breast, cucumber, onion, tomatoes, fennel, hard boiled egg whites (237)
D: ground lamb w/cabbage and spices (219), sliced cucumber (12)
total 593

B: x
L: steamed asparagus (74), 3.5 oz raspberries (52)
S: 2 boiled egg whites (34), 6 oz strawberries (54), 6 oz blueberries (96)
D: 13.6 oz steamed cauliflower (95)
total 405

B: X
L: X
D: 1/2 lb baked wild salmon with 4 oz steamed spinach (352)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I had a great DD yeasterday and UD today. Eating within my calories and gave myself permission to have more food if needed. I think it helps me mentally. So far, so good, no cravings for more food
Old 06-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #22

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I feel like such a failure. Not doing well today, my friends. I had good past few days and I was in control of my food, but of course never gave up completely on fruits (I still ate berries) and today after my last meal for the day I have binged again big time, with over 1500 cal. Total for the day 2825. I am so mad at myself My binges are usually on on the healthy foods, but the quantity is enormous. I was craving banana today and I made myself a smoothie with macademias and banana. After I ate this I become so hungry that I had more smoothies and blueberries, walnuts, etc. Then I rounded it up with 3 eggs. Oh, I am so sick of myself eating these foods. I am feeling so bloated and horrible...
I think it is my hormones that are to blame and perhaps the stress I am having right now in my life is not helping either.

So this is a plan of action: for the next few days I am going to stick mainly to meat, fish and eggs. I will have some lettuce, cucumber, maybe some broccoli or asparagus (not more 10-15 carbs a day, from veggies only). Sort of Atkins induction with the JUDD calories. I think this should help me get my cravings under control. At least I hope so.
Thank you for listening to me.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 06-13-2012 at 03:49 PM..
Old 06-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, sweetie.....
Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Weird. It sounds like bananas are a real trigger food for you which is strange to me as I hate bananas Maybe just try to avoid smoothies for a bit and see what happens.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
don't be hard on yourself. I have had days like that (many!). Like you can't stop eating and then you beat yourself up for it. The thing that is so great about JUDDD is that it doesn't effect you like it would on other diets. The only difference I see is a bigger bounce. What goes up will come down!
I decided for now I am eating high fat, low carbs on both UD and DD even though DDs have never been a problem. I eat all the foods I loved on low carb that I had to limit when I wasn't doing juddd too. Lots of cheeses, hwc, butter. I still eat a lot but my cravings are calming down and my appitite is going down too.

I hope the other stress in your life calms down. Be easy on yourself.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post

So this is a plan of action: for the next few days I am going to stick mainly to meat, fish and eggs. I will have some lettuce, cucumber, maybe some broccoli or asparagus (not more 10-15 carbs a day, from veggies only). Sort of Atkins induction with the JUDD calories. I think this should help me get my cravings under control. At least I hope so.
Thank you for listening to me.
First off, a big ol' Texas-sized hug for you! And don't beat yourself up, it accomplishes nothing good.

Here's my thought: You're eventually going to do very well with JUDDD. You're motivated and you're learning about your body, and that can't be encouraged nor emphasized enough while on any "diet". You recognize a need to pay closer attention to the types of food you eat (at least initially) because they're causing you trouble and you already have a solid plan to implement. WINNER in my book!

I think your plan sounds like a very smart thing for you to do right now. After you have the cravings under control, try going up the Ongoing Weight Loss carb ladder like Dr. Atkins suggested and add low glycemic stuff but slightly higher carb foods very gradually in 5 carb increases every week or so. See how you do with those for a while then try raising it another 5 carbs. Keep doing that until you find your "sweet spot".

JUDDD can and does work and this way of eating does heal a lot of junky stuff but you have to actually be able to do the rotations as specified to get the SIRT going good. Your plan ought to help you do this.

Stay connected here so if you have questions or trouble or need talked down from the banana smoothie ledge we can help you.

Wishing you much success!!

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Weird. It sounds like bananas are a real trigger food for you which is strange to me as I hate bananas Maybe just try to avoid smoothies for a bit and see what happens.
Yes, no smoothies for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I decided for now I am eating high fat, low carbs on both UD and DD even though DDs have never been a problem. I eat all the foods I loved on low carb that I had to limit when I wasn't doing juddd too. Lots of cheeses, hwc, butter. I still eat a lot but my cravings are calming down and my appitite is going down too.

I hope the other stress in your life calms down. Be easy on yourself.
That's the plan I need to follow. I have cooked turkey and boiled some eggs for tomorrow DD. I have planed the next few days, so I know what to do. I am actually looking forward to eating more fatty meats
So for now most of my calories will come from eating meat, fish and eggs and fats till I get the cravings under control. Hope I can fill the required UD calories with these foods. I know I jumped-in too fast with adding carbs and that's why I am struggling.

I thought that perhaps I was not eating enough calories on JUDD but it seems like the carbs are the culprit.

Thanks for your support.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 06-13-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Old 06-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Piratejenny and Sheridan
Old 06-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Be kind to yourself. Yes, it was a lot, but you learned something! I agree that bananas seem to be a trigger (it seems odd that we crave those things that are worst for us, but it is often true). Bananas spike my blood sugar something fierce (even just a 1/2 eaten with protein), so that may be a factor for you as well. Grapes will do the same thing. Just fyi.

I think it's wise to go to induction levels on carbs for a time. Watch the artificial sweeteners as well right now. Once you are back in control, you can consider upping the carbs slowly, and one type at a time. Veggies are probably safest (staying away from the sweeter ones like carrots and peas) at first.

Keep us informed on how it's going.