Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Well...I have just written a long post that I am quitting JUDD, but thankfully I have erased it, because it would be silly to give up. For the past 5 days I was doing very well on VLC but yeterdays' MD and today UD turned out to be UUUD (with carb binge-thanks to my hormones). I ate a lot of delicious calories I think I have to raise my DD calories from 500 to 800-900 and absolutely stay away from macadamias nuts and yogurt. I swear there is something in these 2 foods that create a binging monster in me. I said previously that I will raise the DD calories, but never did. With the VLC I don't think 500 cal are enough for my body. I just feel deprived and create unnecessary stress to my body. Well, tomorrow is another day, right? and I am not going to quit just yet... Learning, learning, learning... Thanks for listening.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
From another mac nut addict, I understand and look forward to hearing your results!

I used to have the exact same addiction to walnuts, then almonds, and now mac nuts. I am scared to try pumpkin seeds, because I know I could discover another addiction.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Do you find that the low carb helps you control your cravings? I've recently introduced carbs and it seems like every UD I'm teetering closer to the edge of control. Today was the worst but I end up eating most of my calories from carb rich junk. I think I'm going to have to drop them again if I want to succeed. It sounds like you are working it out so let us know what you figure out.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting because walnuts and almonds don't do this to me. I think macademias have slighly higher sugar content. They just taste so sweet to me.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Do you find that the low carb helps you control your cravings? I've recently introduced carbs and it seems like every UD I'm teetering closer to the edge of control. Today was the worst but I end up eating most of my calories from carb rich junk. I think I'm going to have to drop them again if I want to succeed. It sounds like you are working it out so let us know what you figure out.
For me personally, yes. I am staying LC until I get to goal. However, I have added some fruit and veggie carbs since starting JUDDD. I went through a period of wanting tortilla chips with my salsa and toast with my eggs, but found out I better limit that until I get to goal.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mac nuts are just so satisfying. I know exactly how many I can have and I don't eat on DD.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Elise-I did beautifully for 5 days. First 3 days was meat and eggs only and I felt really great. Had absolutely no cravings and lots of energy. Then I added just a tiny bit of lettuce, cucumber, green chards and bok choy (I did not go over 10 gr of carbs a day). DD were though with only 500 cal, I felt little deprived. I did fine till yesterday when I got the craving for some yogurt which led me to craving for mac nuts and from there it went down the hill. Plan is to stick with low carb, increase my DD calories and don't touch yogurt and mac nuts.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Mac nuts are just so satisfying. I know exactly how many I can have and I don't eat on DD.
I just have to get them out of the house. If I know they are seating in my freezer, my monster will get them
Old 06-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Elise- I forgot to mentioned that my carb binging issue starts 2 weeks before TTOM, at other times I am fine with 20-30 gr of carbs a day. My periods are always late so my PMS can last 2-3 weeks (fun stuff). I swear if it was not for my hormones, I would be at my ideal weight. But I am sure many of us can say this.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Oh my goodness Thank you! My TOM starts in about 3 days. I bet that has a lot to do with it. I never even thought of it but I bet its something I'm going to have to watch in the future.

You are a life saver. I'm not a crazy hungry bear for no reason after all.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The ones who have been JUDDDing long term say this will change with time and you will not have to worry restricting carbs. In other words, your metabolism heals naturally with Juddd and you can have a good balance of carbs, protein, & fat.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
The ones who have been JUDDDing long term say this will change with time and you will not have to worry restricting carbs. In other words, your metabolism heals naturally with Juddd and you can have a good balance of carbs, protein, & fat.
I am so glad to read this!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Merpig
Stats: 375/272/165
Start Date: Jan. 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
My home is 20'×30'....on the outside!
It could fit into most people's garages.
LOL. My old house in New Jersey was also about 20x30 on the outside. But it was three stories high and had a full basement! So there was actually a reasonable amount of room. My new house in Florida is probably bigger on the outside but it's only a single level, so I actually have less square footage now.

But I *do* have a garage, something I never had in NJ. So I've been thinking about the possibility of buying a freezer to put out there.
Merpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Merpig
Stats: 375/272/165
Start Date: Jan. 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
I just have to get them out of the house. If I know they are seating in my freezer, my monster will get them
I am the same way. I can't stop until they are gone! I found at Walmart one time (I don't go to Walmart often so maybe they are there all the time) macadamia nuts packaged in small 1 oz. sized bags. So that was a treat. I could just get a bag (or sometimes two) and eat it all.
Merpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
For me that is critcal... "out of the house". I only start to feel hungry as a drift off to sleep and luckily I have never driven in my sleep- so- not in house- not in my stomach at 3am. I too, get late periods, which drags my PMS out for more than a week most months. My mood is usually more disrupted than my appitite, but not the case this month. Again, all I can say is- Thank G-d it was not in the house! Whatever it may have been. I'm not discriminating when sleeping unfortunately
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down 1 lb this morning I am thinking that once in a while carbing up increases my metabolism.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Down 1 lb this morning I am thinking that once in a while carbing up increases my metabolism.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Sunday--does this mean that if we stick with low carb up days and let our metabolism heal, THEN we can move to UPs that include higher carb foods when we want them? Thanks!
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lemonmama, I believe so! Look at all of the GREAT examples we have, Gotsomeold, Kierasmom, Beeb, and Kissa are all eating higher carbs on UD and stay in the range that they have maintained at.

Until I get to goal, I will not be having many high carb UDs because I have 23 more lbs to lose! But you better bet, I will be celebrating maintenance with some pretty good high carb UDs. Now, just because I choose to lose with LC paleo type eating on JUDDD doesn't mean it is the best way. It just works well with my body right now.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Hot diggity!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
congrats!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Congratulations!!!

Quote:
lemonmama, I believe so! Look at all of the GREAT examples we have, Gotsomeold, Kierasmom, Beeb, and Kissa are all eating higher carbs on UD and stay in the range that they have maintained at.

Until I get to goal, I will not be having many high carb UDs because I have 23 more lbs to lose! But you better bet, I will be celebrating maintenance with some pretty good high carb UDs. Now, just because I choose to lose with LC paleo type eating on JUDDD doesn't mean it is the best way. It just works well with my body right now.
Yes, this makes great sense. I've been eating too many carbs on DDs and UD, but staying within my calorie range. I know I'll see a faster drop in the scale (and less cravings) if I stick with low carb. But it gives me hope to think I can transition to moderate carbs once I reach my goal! Thanks for your reply!
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote