Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   does it help to go as low as possible on DD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/773890-does-help-go-low-possible-dd.html)

TryingJudd 06-07-2012 05:18 PM

does it help to go as low as possible on DD?

I am sitting here (DD) at 250 cals and wanting something sweet. I don't NEED something but I want it and I have about another 100 cals leeway to stay within limits. Looking for POVs on whether fasting completely or eating less than your 20% allotment will speed weight loss, does it not matter or does it vary from person to person (YMMV)? thanks in advance

adillenal 06-07-2012 06:04 PM

I tried the total fasting (other than coffee with HWC for B) and I did not lose more or faster than when I was eating 350 to 500 calories a day. So now I target 350 more than not and do fine. Now that was my personal experience.

kimberino 06-07-2012 07:00 PM

I tried total fasting for 2 weeks and didn't notice a change in the rate at which I lost. I also tried adding 100 cals here or there to my 329 allotment and didn't notice a change. I think it really is an individual thing.

KeirasMom 06-07-2012 07:58 PM

I agree with the above. You would THINK a total fast would be better for weight loss, but the few times I've done it, it doesn't seem to have increased my loss any.

Some actually lose better eating up to their DD calories. YMMV for sure!

zipp2play 06-08-2012 05:29 AM

I have been JUDDDing for 7 weeks and NONE of my DD's have been below 500 and I am down 11.6 pounds! I am trying to get them to a solid 500c not sure if it will speed things up though.

TryingJudd 06-08-2012 06:14 AM

Thanks for all the input. I avoided eating any more last night but I think I like eating LOL and will just try and stay to my numbers each day - not less. (no loss to report this morning but hoping it will catch up to me soon)

brewstate 06-08-2012 06:18 AM

I only ate about 250 calories yesterday and was down about 2 lbs this morning but I was due for that anyway. I may try upping my calories a little on my DD and seeing how it goes. I've been pretty peckish at night lately.

gotsomeold 06-08-2012 06:48 AM

It really does depend on each person's metabolism. Some of us need to eat at or a hundred or so calories above what the website calculates or we stall. Others need to stay well below the calculation.

I am currently trying one fasting day each week, one at 314 (my calculation), and one at 500. That seems to be working very well.

I encourage you to experiment and learn what your body needs.

Majella 06-09-2012 05:56 AM

Wasn't the reason for the 500 calories in the book because it was the same as fasting, they proved there was no difference whether you are 500 calories or nothing. Thats how I understand it anyways :)

Becky 06-09-2012 07:56 AM

I've been doing 600 cal DDs since I started....actually a week or so after a coup,e of killer 500 DDs. I've lost 23 pounds so far so I'm thinking my numbers work for me. Would I ever fast or lower my umbers to see if I lose faster....nah! I'm doing fine and don't need to tourture myself to get good results. YMMV though, some need lower numbers on DDs, some can get by with more cals.

Heather 06-10-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majella (Post 15713063)
Wasn't the reason for the 500 calories in the book because it was the same as fasting, they proved there was no difference whether you are 500 calories or nothing. Thats how I understand it anyways :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 15713305)
I've been doing 600 cal DDs since I started....actually a week or so after a coup,e of killer 500 DDs. I've lost 23 pounds so far so I'm thinking my numbers work for me. Would I ever fast or lower my umbers to see if I lose faster....nah! I'm doing fine and don't need to tourture myself to get good results. YMMV though, some need lower numbers on DDs, some can get by with more cals.

I agree.

:goodpost:

Entire thread is good. Was thinking I'll lower my 500 DD to increase weight loss when I hit stalls, but on second thought? Hopefully- no. It's that less MUST be better mentality.

In years past, I've often lost more on fruit fast days of about 500 than full fasts.

This body seems to have a mind of its own. Variation on a popular joke - "Want to make the body laugh? Tell it your new diet plan." :hyst:

P.S. Or in this case "....how you're going to make it lose FASTER!." :rofl:

OhioGuy 06-10-2012 03:14 PM

i think keeping them low as possible in the beginning was important but i just bounced and bounced and bounced until i had a md and lost. the i upped my dds ... a lot and the bouncing stopped and lose