Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
Letting go of a bad JUDDD day

Hey, everyone. I thought I'd start a thread that would help our fellow JUDDDers let go of a day in which they flat out BLEW IT. I thought we could use this thread to support those who need it. I had my first bad day yesterday...not even a week into JUDDD. I know I should be so careful the first 2 weeks, and I lost control. However, I just had a good workout and my DD is going well so far. I know I can put yesterday behind me and move forward because I know this board is here to help me through. I need you all, so don't go anywhere !!!!
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Great idea for a thread! I know in the beginning few weeks I blew it several times. It's ok. It happens to lots of us. The important thing is to just start the rotations again. I feel like I'm starting all over again after a 2 week vacation and getting totally off plan. However, having read that the benefits of the sirtuins can continue up to 14 days after stopping rotations, my first day back, a DD, went pretty easily and the vacation weight gain is dropping nicely. A messed up day every now and then happens to everyone. It's no big deal in the long run.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
Great Idea! I have been on JUDD since May 9th and already blew 2 days. One was during PMS (which I had a good excuse for). It was a UD that turned out to be a super super UD. I followed it with regular DD and had no scale issues.

I had another Super UD yesterday. Just out of the blue. I blame it on the carbs in apple, to which I seem to be very sensitive to. I came off from atkins and I think I am adding carbs too fast. I need to listen to what epxerinced JUDDers are saying to take it slowly with carbs. I also did not have enough protein prepared.

I need to get over the guilt. I felt like a failure last evening. Today is a good DD so far. Down Days are so much easier for me.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
wow june 5 was a popular day to blow it. You, me and curvesgal blew it! I blew my dd. I have moved on. Just need to get this water weight off! My cheeks are like chipmunk cheeks! my face always get soo swollen when I carb out.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
This is a very welcome thread. It was the Queen's Diamond Jubilee all this long weekend from Saturday to today. We had our village party yesterday which involved a massive carb blow out. Nothing to eat all day but white bread sandwiches, cake and beer.

Still, we had a great day and I hope I worked off a bit setting up the PA, running around helping and pulling on a tug of war team. My arms are very sore today.

Too tired to be good today but an early night should see me making up for things.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jodeeras
Stats: 174 / 160.0 / 115
Start Date: 12/1/11 Atkins; 5/8/12 JUDDD
I had 10 "bad" JUDDD days. I'm starting again after a 10-day vacation. Tomorrow will be a DD.

Funny, even though I was totally off plan for those days, my appetite did not come back like a firestorm. That surprised me. In the past (on other diets), once I went off, I really went off. It was hard to control hunger. That didn't happen this time.
jodeeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
[ Down Days are so much easier for me.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. DDs are so much easier for me. It's the UDs that are so difficult. This is exactly the opposite of what I expected !!!
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elburn
Stats: 171/159.5/130 5'3.5"
WOE: JUDDD! All the way and never looking back!
Start Date: ???
I have been following JUDDD for almost one month--cannot believe it. Here is my obervation. When I was doing Atkins and I strayed/blew it--it would follow me for DAYS! I would wait impatiently for the purple sticks--and I would probably blow it again and again. I am discovering with JUDDD, that is not the case. One bad DD doesn't a bad diet make. This is an AMAZING forgiveness and 'do-over". Today I finally entered the 150's (okay it is 159.5--and I am whispering this very quietly....)
elburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
I "blew" it today as well ...for me it was the leftovers in the fridge taunting me
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I've been JUDDDing for about six months, and got below my goal pretty quickly, as I didn't have a lot to lose. I'm not trying to brag, but I've NEVER blown a DD. I just don't allow it, for any reason. It's a mindset. I can go places with people who are eating and I simply don't eat. I drink a LOT of iced tea! I think a lot of us get into trouble because we try to make a regular meal or eating situation into a DD-acceptable one, and it's just too tempting. I either eat what I need to, or I don't eat at all. (I eat BEFORE I go places, a lot of the time.)

That said, however, I eat like crazy on my UDs. I counted calories and did pretty well most of the time while in weight-loss mode, but even when I overate by far, I never felt like I was "cheating" on JUDDD. Now, I think of those DDs as the price I pay for eating anything and any amount on my UDs and maintaining my weight. The gains I have from my UDs are temporary water weight and ALWAYS come back down with my strict DDs. It makes it so worth it to me. I hope this perspective helps.

Don't beat yourself up for the days you haven't done as well as you wanted. The great thing about JUDDD is that if you have a bad day, you can always do better tomorrow.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/150.2/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - Sept 2014
I blew it yesterday too!

It was an UD for me and I had no plan.

ALL my calories were consumed by noon, which would have been fine if I did not head into binge mode later in the evening. The key for me is planning my UD's and having yummy delicious food spread throughout the day!

Thanks goodness today is a DD. A few months ago I would have fallen into a depression about this behavior and the cycle would continue. JUDDD gets me back where I need to be.
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I've NEVER blown a DD. I just don't allow it, for any reason. It's a mindset. I can go places with people who are eating and I simply don't eat. I drink a LOT of iced tea! I think a lot of us get into trouble because we try to make a regular meal or eating situation into a DD-acceptable one, and it's just too tempting. I either eat what I need to, or I don't eat at all. (I eat BEFORE I go places, a lot of the time.)
That said, however, I eat like crazy on my UDs. I counted calories and did pretty well most of the time while in weight-loss mode, but even when I overate by far, I never felt like I was "cheating" on JUDDD. Now, I think of those DDs as the price I pay for eating anything and any amount on my UDs and maintaining my weight. The gains I have from my UDs are temporary water weight and ALWAYS come back down with my strict DDs. It makes it so worth it to me..
Laurie, thanks for this.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I too am a fanatic about DD's. NEVER mess with those. We won't talk about UD's.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
You got me thinking.
I don't consider any day to be a bad day with intermittent fasting.
If I choose to alter my rotation, or go up a few rungs on the percentages of a down day, or have a totally free day, those are all active choices I make.
I really love being free of good/bad and feeling so condemned about my eating. That is really what delighted me from day 1 of JUDDDD
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I've been JUDDDing for about six months, and got below my goal pretty quickly, as I didn't have a lot to lose. I'm not trying to brag, but I've NEVER blown a DD. I just don't allow it, for any reason. It's a mindset. I can go places with people who are eating and I simply don't eat. I drink a LOT of iced tea! I think a lot of us get into trouble because we try to make a regular meal or eating situation into a DD-acceptable one, and it's just too tempting. I either eat what I need to, or I don't eat at all. (I eat BEFORE I go places, a lot of the time.)

That said, however, I eat like crazy on my UDs. I counted calories and did pretty well most of the time while in weight-loss mode, but even when I overate by far, I never felt like I was "cheating" on JUDDD. Now, I think of those DDs as the price I pay for eating anything and any amount on my UDs and maintaining my weight. The gains I have from my UDs are temporary water weight and ALWAYS come back down with my strict DDs. It makes it so worth it to me. I hope this perspective helps.

Don't beat yourself up for the days you haven't done as well as you wanted. The great thing about JUDDD is that if you have a bad day, you can always do better tomorrow.

For the many years I was very slender (and my eating pattern was JUDDD-like), that was my whole approach and mindset.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PhoebeHerself
Stats: 203.4/183.6/160
WOE: -17.8 lbs HCG/JUDDD is next
Start Date: February 2012
Excellent perspective, Laurie. Thank you!
PhoebeHerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm another who never blows DDs. I don't blow my UDs either. My weight loss is more important to me right now than what/when/how much I eat. Of course, I'm OCD, so I have a limit and I stick to it. It's in my genetic code.

I do think there has to be a certain mindset where you make your WOE important. To do that, perhaps you need to be in a place in your life where YOU feel important (the metaphorical "you" meaning any of us). I was lucky enough to find JUDDD when it was the right time for me. I take it seriously and respect my numbers, and put the work in, and reap the rewards.

I see over and over how people have gone way far over their calories, either day, and chalk it up to JUDDD being forgiving, and it's okay once in a while. Well, it is okay, once in a while, if you have the capability to keep it once in a while. Most of the people I see losing very slowly, or not losing, either aren't following the plan or keep blowing their numbers. It's hard to be sympathetic or offer suggestions when that's the case. I feel their frustration, but it's not JUDDD's fault, IYKWIM. Obviously, this does not apply to everyone, but I don't want newbies to think it's okay to blow it over and over. There's a learning curve and I get that, but the closer you stick to your numbers, the better it will work.

Anyway, I'm getting off my soapbox now. Just a couple of observations I've had that I wanted to get off my chest.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am one of those slow losers that do too many UUAA days BUT I am content with my progress -and do not complain since I know exactly where the blame lies. ME. But I am losing and that makes me a very happy formerly overweight person.
Which makes me also agree with Dawn. If I can lose with my wild UD's but perfect DD's, then it ooes make me wonder why someone that is doing DD's and UD's at their calorie levels cannot lose.
Darn Bluebell and their seasonal ice cream selections.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm another who never blows DDs. I don't blow my UDs either. My weight loss is more important to me right now than what/when/how much I eat. Of course, I'm OCD, so I have a limit and I stick to it. It's in my genetic code.

I do think there has to be a certain mindset where you make your WOE important. To do that, perhaps you need to be in a place in your life where YOU feel important (the metaphorical "you" meaning any of us). I was lucky enough to find JUDDD when it was the right time for me. I take it seriously and respect my numbers, and put the work in, and reap the rewards.

I see over and over how people have gone way far over their calories, either day, and chalk it up to JUDDD being forgiving, and it's okay once in a while. Well, it is okay, once in a while, if you have the capability to keep it once in a while. Most of the people I see losing very slowly, or not losing, either aren't following the plan or keep blowing their numbers. It's hard to be sympathetic or offer suggestions when that's the case. I feel their frustration, but it's not JUDDD's fault, IYKWIM. Obviously, this does not apply to everyone, but I don't want newbies to think it's okay to blow it over and over. There's a learning curve and I get that, but the closer you stick to your numbers, the better it will work.

Anyway, I'm getting off my soapbox now. Just a couple of observations I've had that I wanted to get off my chest.
sticking to the numbers is key IMO...I think the reason I keep DD in perspective is twofold, A. I keep a food diary and record every last morsel...yes I even count the lettuce and cukes in my salad, it all adds up! And B. I eat on a schedule, I have 600 cals allotted for DDs and eat 200 @ 1:00, 200 @ 4:00, and 200 @ 7:00. I try to never ever go over on a DD. I have been known to go over by as much as 100 cals on an UD on occasion but never more. Oh, and I fully believe in keeping extra busy on DD, DDs are sometimes killer for me even now almost 3 months in.

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:

Could not agree with you more.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Quote:

I'm so glad some one said this. I agree completely. You must for the most part follow the for lack of a better word the " rules " of Juddd to achieve weight loss. I read so many posts where the person is barely even doing Juddd and cannot understand why they are not losing. And there are only two rules.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodeeras View Post
Funny, even though I was totally off plan for those days, my appetite did not come back like a firestorm. That surprised me. In the past (on other diets), once I went off, I really went off. It was hard to control hunger. That didn't happen this time.
I think this is part of the "magic of JUDDD", in that the SIRT genes seem to make DDs easier after a while, even after you've gone off-plan for a short time. I find JUDDD so much easier to "jump back on the wagon" after falling off than any other plan I've tried.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
Well... I had a bad bad day yesterday. I binged in the evening and my DD turned out to be super UD. I am putting myself together this morning and I am going to have a great DD. I have also recalculated my calories (since I am close to the goal) to allow myself more freedom and I will reduce the carbs to curb the monster appetite.
Looks like everyone is doing great (since this thread has been silent )
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote