Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skuma
Stats: 220/213/120
WOE: Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: January 27, 2012
not working!!!

i came here from atkins because it was not working for me..and i had hope for this one but its not working either..im up 8 pounds again
a little infor, i am hypo and i have been following you reno mom becuase you are as well and are doing great that inspires me! but i am also just recently put on dairy and glutten free diet and so in order to abide by these new rules i have added carbs back in..i know most say when you add carbs back in expect some gain..but 8 pounds and still no loss??
i am soooo frustrated...dd here!
the thing i am starting today is i dont weight every day, i think i will start that again as well..
skuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH I am sorry about your struggles. I am GF and I eat very few on the side of carbs. It's honestly easier since I'm GF! Now I do eat dairy so I can't help with that part. SORRY!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
I dont eat dairy much, but I do eat some carbs. What you dont say is how long have you been on JUDDD? I know this works, its the only thing that has worked for me, please dont give up yet things will turn around. Maybe up your veggies and fats and not so many carbs? Can you tell us what your eating and what your numbers are?
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

i try to eat around 500 - 700 if really hungry on a dd and ud are at about 2200. i have been on a weight loss plan since jan 27, i loss as of today 3 pounds! atkins from jan to may and judd since may 1...i dont know what is wrong with me???? im so sick of being fat...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
When you say you added carbs, what kind and how much?

I'm grain, dairy and egg free, and stay as low sugar as I can due to blood sugar issues. My gross carbs tend to come in around 80-110 on an UD and 40-60 on a DD. I eat LOTS of veggies, some nuts and nut milk, fruit in the form of berries or melon, or a couple of apple slices, as well as nut flours, coconut sugar and stevia in my baking.

It may be you just need to find different substitutes for the dairy/gluten you have to cut out.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuma View Post
i try to eat around 500 - 700 if really hungry on a dd and ud are at about 2200. i have been on a weight loss plan since jan 27, i loss as of today 3 pounds! atkins from jan to may and judd since may 1...i dont know what is wrong with me???? im so sick of being fat...
I weigh just a couple pounds less than you. My UD calories are 1927. Maybe you're eating too much on your UD? Even though I exercise, I use the 20%, little or no exercise. I keep my DD at around 450 or less.

What's the calculator say your numbers ought to be?
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Is your medication optimized? Im not sure how strict you are with your calories, but I want you to know that I know exactly how many I get in an UD and a DD, I think that makes a big difference, so be careful with that. I know its hard but maybe try getting a bit lower on your DD, closer to the 500 or 430 mark where you should be? Personally I want to know if my plan stops working that I am doing everything 100% the way I should be. I would certainly not go into carb overload, there are many more things out there to eat, there are even low carb breads like Eziekel etc. If you have been very low carb since Jan. thats 5 months, and adding a ton in at once might be carb overload. I know this will work for you too, hang in there

" Give God what's right, not what's left"
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I weigh just a couple pounds less than you. My UD calories are 1927. Maybe you're eating too much on your UD? Even though I exercise, I use the 20%, little or no exercise. I keep my DD at around 450 or less.

What's the calculator say your numbers ought to be?

Actually my UD is at 2300, and you weigh a lot less than I do.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I have to stay low sugar for my health too. Can you track your sugar and keep it under 25g a day from all food sources for a while, see if that helps you? It is life or death for me as a habit. Nut milks are a superb replacement for dairy. You can make a great cream cheese type substitute from soaked cashews blended.
Going gluten and dairy free is a huge change, give yourself some time to adjust. While making the change try to switch to healthier habits so that long term that change benefits you. I hear you on the sick of fat sweetheart. There are lots of people here who have had to give things up and have excellent suggestions for specific food replacements if you share what you are in the habit of eating. I'm allergic to rice, so lots of the gluten free products out there will destroy me. I eat buckwheat (seed not grain), quinoa, hemp, chia. I even have good buckwheat and quinoa pastas for now and then.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
i came here from atkins because it was not working for me..and i had hope for this one but its not working either..im up 8 pounds again
a little infor, i am hypo and i have been following you reno mom becuase you are as well and are doing great that inspires me! but i am also just recently put on dairy and glutten free diet and so in order to abide by these new rules i have added carbs back in..i know most say when you add carbs back in expect some gain..but 8 pounds and still no loss??
i am soooo frustrated...dd here!
the thing i am starting today is i dont weight every day, i think i will start that again as well..

how long have you been JUDDDing?

I easily gained 8 pounds when I added carbs back in and haven't lost it all yet. But everything else is better, so I'm focusing there. Plus I'm now eating some grains and sugar, where I wasn't before. That accounts for some of that weight. IF I adjust for that I actually probably have lost a bit.

I'm gluten free and have been for 8 years. I will tell you that the biggest mistake people make going GF is buying all the GF replacements they can find! I don't know if that's what you're doing, but often it isn't what you take out that makes the difference as much as what you've put in as a result. Take a look at what you've added since removing gluten and dairy and that may be your answer.

Also something that people will rarely tell you is that it can take 6 months for your thyroid to get back on track after removing gluten (if you're sensitive.) Now, I'm not saying it will be that long before you lose, hopefully that won't be the case! I'm more illustrating that things can have lasting effects in the body even after you've removed them.

The best advice I can give is to be patient, and hang around the forum.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Skuma, you don't sound entirely sure about how many calories you should be eating on either your UD or DD. It sounds like you need to recalculate your numbers and then stick to them like glue. There is really no reason why you should not lose weight with this woe if you do it correctly.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

my numbers are 2076 and 450..but i try to do around 500 and 2000..i admit i have had slip ups..but i am trying really hard to stick like glue. i will give a one week update next week..fingers crossed
Old 06-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Keep on keeping on Skuma, you know with patience I am sure JUDDD will work for you. And if you do stop JUDDDing, what will you do? Try some other weight loss plan, one where you have to diet every day?

It may be necessary for you to be a little stricter with your DD cals, or it may be that you are one of those who has to push up their UD cals. Small steps though, as you can't try everything at once.

We are all here rooting for you, ask anything you like, anytime. Sending hugs.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Skuma, you don't sound entirely sure about how many calories you should be eating on either your UD or DD. It sounds like you need to recalculate your numbers and then stick to them like glue. There is really no reason why you should not lose weight with this woe if you do it correctly.
I agree, you really need to know your numbers and stick to them, for at least a few weeks then tweak from there.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Quote:
my numbers are 2076 and 450..but i try to do around 500 and 2000..i admit i have had slip ups..but i am trying really hard to stick like glue. i will give a one week update next week..fingers crossed
Sending weight loss vibes to you!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
If your DD calories are 450 and you are doing 500, that little bit extra actually adds up to an extra 600 calories per month. You would be amazed how much every little calorie can add up on those DD. Try to stay as close as possible to your true DD numbers. You absolutely can lose the weight!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
Slip ups will be a problem, as will not counting correctly.

Hormones will play a part.

Remember, your body does NOT want to let things go, and bloat is its first resource.

Don't give up, the water has to go eventually.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote