Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Dr J and rotation sched

Does Dr. J care if we switch the rotation schedule? Am not sure if he has a preference or he just advocates rotations no matter what happens...

I had my first blown dd yesterday. turrned into a AAAWD. Today I can either resume as a UPDay or start a new rotation as a DD. I was worried if I do a DD today it might screw up the Sirtin enzymes cycle. What do you all recommend I do?
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Cuttie, Dr J, and experience, shows sticking to the rotation as closely as possible is best. But don't panic about a first DD shake-up. It happens to some of us.

If you chose your rotation to ensure an important, upcoming day is a UD, just stick to the rotation. Keep today's UD calories at or near your calculated allotment.

The your planned rotation can be easily change....How up, up, and away did you eat? If you ate almost to, or above, UD calories then make today a DD. If you ate less than UD cals (especially if you came in around 1/2 UD calories), make today an UD as planned.

Life happens. Adjusting to the rotation can be - ahem - interesting. The important thing is to look over what happened on your first DD and decide if there are any adjustments you need to make to ensure your next DD comes right.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 06-05-2012 at 05:10 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
I'm smiling because I'm not completely sure of all that AAAWD stands for, but I'm thinking you ate enough yesterday to consider it an UD? In that case, I would have a DD today.

Dr. Johnson warns not to have 2 DDs in a row, but consecutive UDs happen to everyone sometimes. Yes, in general the constant rotation is recommended. Several of us make one day a week following an UD into an MD to stay on a weekly schedule (after the first two weeks of JUDDD), which is also mentioned in Dr. Johnson's book.

The SIRT1 gene was designed to protect cells during periods when having enough food was sporadic and unpredictable. Consistent every-other-day is something to strive for, but we don't have to create exact off/on conditions to keep the gene activated.

So, my opinion is, "It's all good!" You haven't ruined anything, just pushed your next dd back a bit.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Hey Cuttie, Dr J, and experience, shows sticking to the rotation as closely as possible is best. But don't panic about a first DD shake-up. It happens to some of us.

If you chose your rotation to ensure an important, upcoming day is a UD, just stick to the rotation. Keep today's UD calories at or near your calculated allotment.

The your planned rotation can be easily change....How up, up, and away did you eat? If you ate almost to, or above, UD calories then make today a DD. If you ate less than UD cals (especially if you came in around 1/2 UD calories), make today an UD as planned.

Life happens. Adjusting to the rotation can be - ahem - interesting. The important thing is to look over what happened on your first DD and decide if there are any adjustments you need to make to ensure your next DD comes right.
Oh i love your new photo!! Yippeee You look great
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Beautiful new avi gotsomeold! Love it. But I didn't 'recognize' you. LOL

Agreed--if you hit UD cals, today is a DD. MD or below level of calories, today should be an UD. If you got close but not quite, you'll just have to pick what feels best and go on. Nothing is ruined. You just took a little detour, and it happens to ALL of us.

I did just want to mention that if you throw in a planned MD to change your rotation for an event, it should come after a DD, before an UD (Whitlin', if it works for you after an UD, no worries). So it would be DD-MD-UD (small, medium, large). Doing a MD after an UD means you would be going into a DD not fully fueled, and it might make that day harder than it would need to be. Just fyi.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
That's an interesting point, Tina. I think of it as making sure of quick recuperation from low calorie days, with the MD just building on the previous UD's calories for a greater stockpile of fuel. But it also keeps the calories immediately preceding a DD from being abundant. So if MWF are the desired DDs, a Saturday MD is probably more prudent.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

thanks for all the advice!! I will make today a DD and go from there. i just wasn't sure if the rotation was more important or keeping my "original "rotation schedule was more important. it looks like we just have to restart where we finish...

an UUAAD is "up up and away day" meaning too many cals like I have no idea.... I think yesterday the combo of it being a monday and the rainy weaher just made me over eat. I don't regret it or feel guilty. It was one of those things "I had to do" type of thing. Weirod I know.... But today I already went for my walk and am back on track. I think I am starting to also feel diet fatigue!!! Maybe will consider maintenance. Unfortunately I have a vaction coming up next week so I will have to do something for my potential wt gain when I get back. Hopefully don't gain too much!!! lol

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Curvesgal
Stats: 197/126.6/125
WOE: JUDDDING
I'm guility of the same Turned by DD into a UUAD carb fest. I was doing well up till 4pm then it was a non stop food frenzi till 8 pm Scale showed a 4 pound bounce. So today instead of a UD I'm making it a DD. Its only 10:30 am and I'm starving
Curvesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Sorry to hear that Curvesgal. I hate feeling so bloated. My face gets the worse of it. Its interesting because I dont recall eating a alot of salt but I sure did a doozy on the carbs. I have chipmunk cheeks now!! The good news tomorrow I will be better. I wish there was a way to finally get rid of this carb bloat. Before I started low carbing and hcg I never recalled feeling this reaction. I guess its the side effect of doing those types of diet. If anyone has found the magic wand that makes "carb bloat " go away or even sodium bloat... please share! lol
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
If anyone has found the magic wand that makes "carb bloat " go away or even sodium bloat... please share! lol
I have for a long type suffered with the sodium water retention issue. I did a lot of reading and decided to increase my salt intake ALL the time rather than hitting it with big doses every once in awhile. I add sea salt to my lemon water every bottle I drink and after a month my ankles are no longer swollen. Strange but adding salt seemed to have stopped my salt induced water retention. Sounds backwards but it is working for me.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Adi, interesting tip. I have seen you talk about drinking salt water, never knew why.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Cuttie- I had gotten into the habit of not adding salt to anything I ate and the only salt I was getting was what occurred naturally in foods. Then when I would eat something salty that I had not cooked, I would puff up all over and my feet and ankles were the worst. Drinking salty water has stopped that problem. I keep a bottle of sea salt on my desk at work to add to my water as well as at home. It is so nice to see my ankles again.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Know what's a drag? Even the fake sugars puff my eyes up! Does that happen to anyone? Do I need to add fake sugars to every water bottle?
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Know what's a drag? Even the fake sugars puff my eyes up! Does that happen to anyone? Do I need to add fake sugars to every water bottle?
Oh and I also ELIMINATED the fake sugars. I am just getting so healthy it is sad. Maybe it was no AS in combination with the salt. Whatever it is I am loving it.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I eat carbs every day. unfortunately its not helping the additional puffiness. lol I hope maybe one day my body remembers carbs and don't attack them! they say we are puffy because our bodies are reacting to somehting that might be irritating it. I guess too many carbs irritate me some how.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Heres my update... did a dd yesterday of 700 cals. Usually try for 500. I lost 3.5 lbs!!! the most ever! unbeleiveable!! woo hoo. will aim for 700 going forward. Today I am very hungry, drinking water and trying to tame my hunger monster lol. my edema went down too. Thanks all!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
That's great! You wouldn't be the first to find you needed to eat more to lose.

Adi, I tried your salty lemon water and couldn't choke it down. But I do liberally salt my foods (I have low bp, so salt is recommended for that), so I'm going to just pass on that little tip. LOL
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Tina,
I can't even taste the salt I put in the lemon water. I guess I have gotten used to it since I never salt food even when cooking. Plain water is kind of blah now that I have gotten used to the taste of salty water.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Adi have you ever tried Himalayan pink salt? It has lots of minerals in it, more than regular salt. And it is delicious.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I've wondered about the Himalayan pink salt. Does it still taste like salt though? How does it compare to course sea salt? I don't have a sweet tooth, but what I lack there, I more than make up for in salty cravings.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I use pink Himalayan salt all the time in my cooking, and it tastes plenty salty to me, but way better than table salt, like...salt with multi-dimensional taste? I can't go back to regular salt either. It doesn't hit the spot for me.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Same here. It's delicious.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
I blame Venus going across the sun. I overate yesterday.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Dawn, the Himalayan Pink Salt is just as salty as regular salt. It comes in different textures like very coarse, coarse, fine. I could never go back to regular salt again either. I've been using it for several years now. Also it's really pretty. It has more dimensions flavor wise than regular salt.. I recently bought flower pepper at Trader Joes which is delicious, just thought I'd mention it since they go so well together lol. It's literally pepper with flowers in it like lavender and calendula and a couple of others that are dried. I'm definitely going back for more. Yum, I'm glad it's an UD for me today!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Ooo, I may make it to TJ's tomorrow (road trip!). I will look for flower pepper!

I bought my first pink Himalayan salt a few months ago and was hooked from the first shake. Yes, it is salty. But the trace minerals create a depth of flavor, kind of like when you add something unexpected to food to enhance and broaden the existing flavor without actually adding a new taste. For example, adding a small amount deeply browned caramel to stew does this (if you don't add too much and end up having to go out for dinner).

I want to try black and grey and other salts. Have to remember that at TJ's.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm sold. Now to just make it to the store . . . .
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote